Scoop

“I know God will vindicate you very soon” – Lara Olubo claims to have witnessed Lanre Gentry abuse his wife

BellaNaija.com

A close friend to Mercy Aigbe Gentry, Lara Olubo has come forward to bear witness that Lanre Gentry indeed is guilty of domestic violence. Sharing a photo of Mercy’s battered face, she claimed to have witnessed Lanre beat his wife and almost beat her too when she tried to interfere: In her words:

It amazed me wt the way pple are saying all sort of things against my friend, one woman i hv so much respect for, the one who does not look down on anyone, the one who can pluck her eyes for everyone! Hmmmm!
Mercy i remembered when u were pregnant wt Juwon and u saw all dis comming, u cried nd cried but i kept on encouragging u. I remembered how many times i came inbtwn u nd Uncle Lanre to stop him from beating u nd i got beaten as well!
What else can a woman take in the name of marriage? The past three weeks has bn traumatising, we’ve bn up and running saving ur life. Its bn the longest weeks of my life..
Babe, i know this rubbish they are saying about u are pure lies bcos hv seen alot wt u, hv seen the way u work! Have seen the way u hv bn trying to save dis marriage! Hv seen the way u hv supportted ur home, i was thr the day those asewo pple called u demanding the money uncle Lanre used ur name to collect in a party at Abeokuta. Hv seen how many times u would faint on set out of exhaustion.
Hv taken u to hospitals several times, the briuses allover ur body nko?! Hmmmmm No one knows dis! U kept it all to urself, u let pple think everything is all right. U carry urself up high nd still praise this man for pple to think is the best man in the whole world.
Bn keeping quite bcos dis is oko nd iyawo matter, bn keeping quite bcos of ur image nd self respect. But wt the recent news in town, OH MY GOD, I CANT KEEP QUITE NO MORE!
Oooh my Mercy! With what u hv seen in that house!
Just be strong for those lovely kids of urs ore mi. I know God will vindicate u very soon.
#imwther
#iwillgotoanylengthtosaythetruth
#iwillstandbythetruth
#Godiswtumylove.

1. Funmi

May 7, 2017 at 12:38 am

She (Mercy) did the right thing protecting her home……but it takes two…..#Istandwithmercy #saynotodomesticviolence. God be wtih you @mercyaigbegentry

2. Sherifah

May 7, 2017 at 1:42 am

My role model… God will take perfect control

3. adukeologe

May 7, 2017 at 2:20 am

Sorry Mercy… Domestic violence is an awful thing.

Dear friend of Mercy,
    Please unlearn these bad writing habits, you are a grown woman and it hurts to read. It is “and” not nd, “you” not u, “have” not ve. Ahn Ahn kilode? We now have smartphones, no need to shorten words like we did with the analogue phones and Instagram doesn’t charge you for writing long messages. Please receive sense.

Warm Regards,
    The lady whose eyes you have damaged.

• Ec

May 7, 2017 at 11:59 am

So difficult to read. When you are not a teenager please such writing in the past.

• Adunnie

May 7, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Oh adukeologe God bless you this wonderful Sunday afternoon. I could barely comprehend the write up. What the heck is hv for crying out loud??? Na wa. Thank you for speaking up for your friend tho.
      Mercy Aigbe may God be with you and your children.. You will come out of this shining.

• Queen

May 7, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Hahahahahaha don’t tear my stomach with laughter please!

4. Tiwa

May 7, 2017 at 4:05 am

Lol! Adukeologe, may God have mercy on you and heal your eyes. @Mercy, it is well with you, I’m glad you ran for your dear life. @Lanre, you need help that only Jesus can give.

5. Manny

May 7, 2017 at 5:05 am

{Hmmmmm No one knows dis! U kept it all to urself, u let pple think everything is all right. U carry urself up high nd still praise this man for pple to think is the best man in the whole world.}

That’s the problem right there. I can never and will never praise a man that beats me. I know the society makes it such that women have to keep up a charade of perfection but we need to receive sense.

6. Missy J

May 7, 2017 at 6:20 am

‘#Godiswtumylove’. With shorthand like this, who needs ISIS???
    May God heal all broken homes and hearts. Amen!!

7. E-O

May 7, 2017 at 7:34 am

This is real.life Big Little Lies. Wonderful!

8. Munachimso

May 7, 2017 at 8:39 am

I really feel sorry for this young woman, there is no accuse at all for domestic violence.. It’s horrible!

Dear Mercy’s friend, thanks for speaking up.. But this writing pattern is poor, very very..

9. Nene

May 7, 2017 at 9:42 am

We don’t care. Mercy wanted another woman’s husband and she got him! See adesua and banky, first marriage with good heads on their shoulders. Who’s next in the association of 2nd wives? Mercy Johnson? Agbani Darego? Tiwa Savage?

• Bia

May 7, 2017 at 11:58 am

Ah haaaaa. Tiwa Don receive her own nau. Double punishment?

• Adunnie

May 7, 2017 at 2:10 pm

Gosh you are very mean nene and you have no human sympathy. Whatever it is she might have she doesn’t deserve to be battered physically an emotionally by a man who swore to love and protect her. And why are you joining mercy and co? Hian. Your comment is totally uncalled for.

• Adunnie

May 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm

*done

10. Ec

May 7, 2017 at 12:02 pm

He beat the friend too.
    She was pregnant and you beat her. What an animal

11. Me

May 7, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Men and their self worth, TV houses should promote programme that deals with such things…How many Nigerian men would say they are proud of beating their spouses, why do they beat their spouses and what would they have done better for next time???

Men, please control your temper, envy and fist.

Stop scattering your energy by lashing out at your wives, It causes emotional scars in the children,

• Roman God

May 7, 2017 at 6:27 pm

You are a big fool. I hate DV more than you do. Don’t pin this on all men please. Thank you.

12. Pamela

May 7, 2017 at 6:43 pm

The day a man will show a certain level of fury, I’m running for my life! I kuku no get liver, one slap is enough to send me to my grave cos the fear of receiving the slap is enough to stop my heart from pumping blood,therefore, I shall run to never return. This life is too good for suffering and smiling!

13. Alterego

May 7, 2017 at 7:04 pm

The endless typos make it almost impossible to read. At the end of the day, domestic violence is wrong. It isn’t right to hit anyone, man or woman. There was this place I lived and the fights I witnessed scarred me for life. Epic! I’ve seen the man flog the woman with a water hose. He always seemed to love to beat her naked and in the middle of the compound. The wife has broken many chairs and stools on the husband’s head and shoulders. Yet, they seemed to produce children every year. Where do they have the energy to canoodle? I don’t get it. I just don’t. I wonder what could make someone hit their partner, or fling verbal abuse, cruel enough to hurt. This is the same person you took vows with, made love to, raised children with, shared dreams with, the same person you promised forever. Haba!

14. OJ

May 8, 2017 at 12:03 am

Has anybody ever actually if both parties were actually in fist for all fight? the whole picture you guys are painting is that the man just tied her hands and started beating her/ how do we even this her friend exist in reality? very mercy too will write a book unbecoming

15. Bamidele

June 1, 2017 at 11:56 pm

hmmmmmmm. this na real life drama. wonders shall never end. I think uncle Lanre’s brain needs medical attention.