Scoop

“Love your dad, despite whatever you feel he may have done” – Daddy Freeze advises Segun Arinze’s Daughter Renny

BellaNaija.com

BellaNaija - "Love your dad, despite whatever you feel he may have done" - Daddy Freeze advises Segun Arinze's Daughter Renny

Just this morning, popular Nollywood actor Segun Arinze took to his Instagram page to wish his daughter Renny a happy birthday. He put up a photo of her and captioned it:

Wow! Time sure does fly! My Daughter Renny is 20!! I wish you great wisdom, good health, long life, deep knowledge and whatever you lay your hands on will prosper. You will be a role model to your peers. Ann God bless you for doing a great job! Happy Birthday Renny.

Apparently, she was having none of that and told him off in plain terms. She commented on the post:

What’s the meaning of this Sir? You didn’t tag me you don’t know my IG handle either. You’ve tagged other people and bloggers and you didn’t even have the courtesy to call me to wish me a happy birthday and you’re doing this online? What a pity. I would overly appreciate it if you stopped this. God bless.
One more thing sir, my mothers name is spelt “Anne” not Ann. stop being the rain on my parade and stop spreading lies. I have never insulted you. STOP THESE LIES

Cool FM OAP, Daddy Freeze decided to intervene putting up a screenshot of the incident on his own page and wrote:

Tackle your father with love and respect and your children will reciprocate.

Dear Renny, whatever you do, don’t fight your parents battles on their behalf, make peace with both and all will be well. Love your dad, despite whatever you feel he may have done and love your mum too. I know you must be bearing hurt and grief, and I in no way undermine your pain. However, please if you ever see this, heed my instruction and all will be worked out by God, stay blessed.

▪️Ephesians 6:1-4 KJV▪️
[1] Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. [2] Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) [3] That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. [4] And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Children honor your parents, while the parents shouldn’t provoke the children is what the Bible says in the New Testament! ~FRZ ?

Photo Credit: Instagram – @segunarinze/beingrenny

1. Nv

May 11, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Wow, that’s all she needed to hear. Now that you have spoken, all the problems in her world, fiam! Like magic, they have vanished! You were the one voice, one opinion she was waiting for to shine you divine light into her dark, dark world, O wise one.

I didn’t want to comment but he has strange powers, this cooler machine person.

• Nkechi

May 11, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Freeze is right. That is what the Bible says. Honor your parents. You are not doing it for them but because you fear God who has linked that obedience with the promise that your days will be long.

• King Bae

May 11, 2017 at 7:57 pm

LMAO at cooler machine person… u people won’t kill me hahahaha

• Onye

May 11, 2017 at 9:13 pm

A sperm donor does not a father make

• moni

May 11, 2017 at 9:16 pm

is she yoruba? she used SIR and went ahead to insult the man
      it is yoruba people that will say “Uncle Layi you are stupid”

• Belema

May 11, 2017 at 9:23 pm

“is she yoruba? she used SIR and went ahead to insult the man
      it is yoruba people that will say “Uncle Layi you are stupid””
      Comments like this are very stupid and irrational. 1. Don’t generalize stupidly. 2. She is not Yoruba. The way some of you reason and generalize, smh.

• moni

May 11, 2017 at 10:54 pm

@ Belema
      Apologies if u are hurt! However, stereotype, as used by Walter Lippman as far back as 1922, makes us realize that when a belief or action is widely shared by a group of people we tend to classify such as collective stereotype. The French loves, The Americans eat junk, that lady is very British, .. etc. Does it mean it is applicable to all the nationals?
      if you are in Lagos, take a walk to Lagos bar beach and cool down.

I am a Yoruba in the States and I watch African movies and it is only in Yoruba movies that I see such. Except their subtitles are faulty. someone will call mother in law mummy, say Ma and still curse/abuse; for other African movies once is time to settle issues the subtitles don’t have the courtesy name again, but in Yoruba movies, I see it a lot and we always discuss this contradiction.
      so seeing this life! a young girl saying SIR, and then giving the dad a jab
      Thanks for confirming she is not yoruba

• Lily

May 11, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Well garnished hot plate of sarcasm, serving for one! …hey Freeze, dinner is served.

• RichyGame

May 12, 2017 at 3:25 am

This man, you go kill pesin o!!!

• Mystique

May 12, 2017 at 7:48 am

The same bible warns parents not to provoke their children. That’s all I’d say

• mua

May 12, 2017 at 4:06 pm

“cooler machine person” had to say something because he’s afraid his kids might do the same to him in future.

• YS

May 13, 2017 at 1:23 pm

The dude is such a sanctimonious, preachy attention seeker!

2. Sisitranz4mers

May 11, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Can freeze shut up already?!..she’s 20 not a child..u dont know how long she’s bin hurting or how she feels when her dad hasnt reached out to her..what makes him a father?!..clearly from his post (segunarinze) with Anne doing a good job, its obvious he hasnt bin part of her upkeep and life..so please shove ur advise or ur notice me posts up ur nude ass lets see n hear word..its now he realises time flies..whatever happened to men who takes care of tgeir kids despite not being with their mothers..them get two head?!..#yeyedesmell #cheapublicity

• Bugi

May 12, 2017 at 8:02 am

Ur post made real since.. He was just a sperm donor. They shkd ask The father if he obeyed his own parents if not den what goes around comes around…. Then shldnt come on social media to wish his daughter he didn’t care for a hbd.

3. Bennie

May 11, 2017 at 4:00 pm

I really don’t care for Freeze but he is quite right about this, she should let her parents settle their issues by themselves and respect her Dad. Even if she has beef with him coming online to tell him off like this is a No=No!

• keke driver

May 11, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Pretending to care on social media and living a completely different lifestyle “in real life” is a No-No “Sir”

• nene

May 11, 2017 at 4:36 pm

why?

• BlueEyed

May 11, 2017 at 4:36 pm

Yes, I actually do agree, no matter what they have done, irrespective if they deserve your respect or not, publicly insulting your parent like this is a no no. If you do not acknowledge him then whichever way he decides to wish you happy birthday would not matter or even slightly bother you, you’re 20 and you have many years ahead of you to mature and even become a parent yourself, this kind of public show is completey unecessary.

• blackbeatle

May 11, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Freeze probably is feeling this as he also may be in same situation where his kids are estranged from him …You say she should let her parents settle their issues..what if the issue was lack of involvement in her life due to fight with the mother?? it takes a lot of goings on for a kid to bear mothers family name….this girl is hurt and he should make amends quickly even if it means tolerating the mother

• Osa

May 11, 2017 at 8:42 pm

wELLL, she has the right to respond if he’s hurt her. But she could have sent a DM rather than expose themselves to the world.
      As for you Freeze. This is you in Segun Arinze’s shoes in a couple of years. Dont go and beg Ope and get back with her. Olofo oshi. attention seeking thing.
      Be parading with some razz goat on IG

• caramel chic

May 11, 2017 at 11:32 pm

GENERATIONAL PROBLEM 101
      Respecting your parents does not mean you do not voice your opinions, pains and emotions. That act alone is called emotional imprisonment. #
      Its 2017 boo. We trying to change our lemons into lemonade o.

• Sean

May 12, 2017 at 11:47 am

A dad who will not call his Daughter on her 20th birthday, but went online to give her birthday wishes and didn’t even mention her account, he also wrote his baby mama’s name wrongly, is that one a dad?

4. marlee

May 11, 2017 at 4:00 pm

all the child wanted is you to personally call her or see her. why do people think it is appropriate to post message or well wishes for the whole world to see. Personal messages or well wishes must be private and directly to those concern, then people will feel special and loved. why do people feel and have the urge to show everything on the social media. we need to grow up a bit.

• King Bae

May 11, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Thank you o nne or nna. You have commented well. #TellThem

5. dd

May 11, 2017 at 4:02 pm

freezer yet again

6. marlee

May 11, 2017 at 4:02 pm

and as for Daddy freeze pls shut up or talk to your counterpart to grow up and be a responsible father, not just a social media daddy.

7. Temi

May 11, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Wow! WHAT A PATHETIC WAY TO SHAME YOUR DAD IN AN INTERNATIONAL WAY

8. Eno

May 11, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Its a 2 way thing , honour and don’t provoke, Dont you think he provoked her? @Freeze

• survivor

May 11, 2017 at 8:45 pm

I listen to one RCCg pastor one day in my local station the man said” children should Honor their parents,and Parents should also learn how not to provoke their kids”

• Shik

May 12, 2017 at 1:40 pm

@Survivor. You need to read your Bible more and listen to your pastor less. Hear from God first hand abi does your pastor have 4 heads? I don tok my own. Shikena!

9. Lizzie

May 11, 2017 at 4:05 pm

She is an adult now, she will be just fine at last.

• Bleed Blue

May 12, 2017 at 10:14 am

Hopefully yes, but there’s sadly also a possibility she’ll feel the hurt well into her “adulthood”.

You can ask me. I know.

10. Teju TJ

May 11, 2017 at 4:09 pm

I hate when people say you are fighting your mother’s battle or your mother is Poisoning your mind. Is it that they think you are blind, stupid and dumb altogether? So insulting!! Please what did she say that is insulting nitori olorun? she simply said he should not come and put her online shikena. So because you are a parent, you get a free pass to be a nuisance? Why are you wishing your child a happy birthday and tagging blogs? Is it them you are wishing happy birthday to?

I am so here for this girl. Enough of sperm donors who think they can come and be playing but i am your father card. You are not my father o, we are just biologically aligned.

• Simi

May 11, 2017 at 10:10 pm

He better learn from this and make his own story different.

Fathers often think the estranged wives are poisoning the kids minds. They have no idea. If only they knew how many women stay begging their kids to not take up resentment towards their absent fathers.

The fathers stay playing themselves. It is possible to be a terrible husband but a great father, But you people will walk away and not look back, then expect some crappy respect years later. Pschewww. If you the father is truly the grown-up in the relationship, you find a way to be civil to the woman you no longer ‘love’ so that you can be present and be a great father.

11. Lol

May 11, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Freeze aproko is on another level aha aha

12. Nky

May 11, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Why are you people twisting what the lady wrote to mean she is interfering in her parents dispute? She is calling out the hypocrisy of her Dad……….Daddy freeze hope you are sha paying schools fees and other bills of your children o.

13. king Bey

May 11, 2017 at 4:13 pm

I love what she did period….I’d do the same too…shameless Nigerian men forming better papa on social media only…I have learnt these past few months that all you see on social media ain’t real man….

• Too much generalization

May 11, 2017 at 9:10 pm

This narrative is old, ‘shameless Nigerian men’. Not all men are bad, same way not all women are bad enough with the generalization.

14. Chu

May 11, 2017 at 4:13 pm

we wouldn’t have heard about this if Oga Freeze did not choose to weigh in as usual.

15. Xyz

May 11, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Aproko on another level. So “daddy” freeze couldn’t comment under the post, he had to screenshot and make a whole new post outta it. Wehdone sah! Better face your front and get your act together so that in a few years time you won’t be in this same situation cos the way you are going ehn….

16. Deleke

May 11, 2017 at 4:21 pm

I like the way she said ‘sir’
    Omo ti o leko ni,,, Kudos

17. x-factor

May 11, 2017 at 4:21 pm

This is what happens when a Man walks away, leaving the woman as single mum to Suffer and fend for the child(ren) and then comes after the child grows up to claim fatherhood

Am I trying to Judge him? NO but common sense just says that if Daddy had a relationship with daughter, no matter how little, he ll know her Instagram handle or be bold enough to use it at least …..( too many similar cases showing up….we need SOLID MEN! not….Freezers)

• Chief

May 11, 2017 at 6:50 pm

@X-factor

Here we go again with “Men are to be blamed”Shifting the blame to men will no way shield you and your fellow wicked mothers from the damage of depression you are causing on this children.I have never seen a father abandoned his children of his own free will.Stop whipping up hatred with headlines that try to blame men rather women..Who in their right mind will believe that men are to be blamed for the failed marriages? Single mum are lone parents not because men abandons their children,it’s because all the divorces are filled by women,yes extreme vast majority of all divorces are from women.

Who did you say is to blame again? It’s you women,yes that’s right females who are causing this problem in society generally.Please advice your wicked mothers who deliberately turn their children against their fathers.So,single mums happiness is worth more than their own children,right? It is you Women who are manipulating their children into believing that their dad do not want them.Nine out of 10 children of separating or divorcing couples live most of the time with their mothers so the controlling parent is likely to be the woman and the estranged,undermined parent is likely to be the man,.It’s an absolute fact that in the overwhelming majority it is the fathers who are ruthless kept out their children lives.

Radical feminism is also truly reprehensible for causing all this trouble and then you have the bald faced audacity to bear false witness,lie and say it’s men’s fault.Smh!There is a special place in hell for those who would put themselves ahead of their children.And it’s women who do it to their own flesh and blood.

BTW most daughters don’t have the advantage of a close connection with their fathers after divorce.

• Mo

May 11, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Chief that is a lie. My father abandoned me for almost 30yrs. Everybody begged but he refused. Now he dey beg me. I like the girl.

• Tee

May 12, 2017 at 10:46 am

Chief Chief! Welcome Sir.

Look, most of us watched our fathers behave the way they did and didn’t need mum to poison our minds. I recall my father beating my mum mercilessly because the house girl complained her yam came with beans instead of eggs – not even trying to pretend anymore that he had a thing with the house help. We knew he could be mean but that was too surprising. I mean he actually pushed a stick up her privates! Each time I remember how she screamed, I die inside.

He made my mum’s life hell in too many ways and once she was able to break free, we gladly broke free with her.

Of course the narrative changed to “but I am your father”.

Speak to your men folk, not to us women. We are tired of being spoken to, from birth till death, we are told how to behave and not to behave.

Chief, abeg speak to your fellow men.

18. abi

May 11, 2017 at 4:23 pm

The daughter is not fighting her mother’s fight people, please read her post again. The man wished her hbd on social media, without tagging her, but he could tag bloggers, he didn’t call her as well, so please how does the bible come to play in this. The same bible said parent should not provoke their children. And to me this is pure provocation cos only her knows the relationship that exist or not exist between her n her father, so no one should say anything bad about the little girl …abeg!

• Simi

May 11, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Thank you oh.

Mother’s fight ko! She is fighting HER fight! She is hurting herself not on behalf of her mother, but the father’s don’t ever realize

19. SoniaPaloma

May 11, 2017 at 4:26 pm

BN it is okay, it is not everything that freezer post that you must put on here. If possible, we don’t want to read anything from him here sef *sigh*

20. Mummybobo

May 11, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Oga freeze who send u, ur children will soon do same to u. Mind ya biz

21. Cokkii

May 11, 2017 at 4:28 pm

Awww this is such a sweet reminder that Segun was once married to Anne Njemanze. Those good old nollywood days. I remember their love that year, they were even cast in movies together hahaha. Power couple before they fellout, chai. The indomie generation won’t relate to this but they were our Susu and Bubba story of then. Life goes on and fame fades sha. Renny dear, forgive biko. He was the Blackarrow of our times.

22. Cocolette

May 11, 2017 at 4:29 pm

This just goes to show that a lot of those ‘loving’ shoutouts we see on instagram end on instagram and are all for show. So it’s your daughter’s birthday, you didn’t call or text her instead you ran to IG to post so we can call you father of the year… na your daughter fit you, she give am to you as e dey hot!

23. i must talk

May 11, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Some wounds don’t heal, and some scars remind you of the pain,

• Olu

May 11, 2017 at 4:54 pm

I disagree, only ingrates keep their wounds fresh on the pretence that the world will feel pity for them. The man gave her life, and she should be eternally grateful for it, even if he was there for her or not. I agree with Freeze, for it to be well with you in life, honour to your parents is paramount.

• Ajala & Foodie

May 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm

@ Olu, there is that African mentality rearing its ugly head “the man gave her life”. Nope, he did not. A sperm does not equal life. I personally believe God gives life. An absentee father or worse one that may have abused his daughter or maybe advocated that said child be terminated does not give life( I am not saying or insinuating Mr. Arinze did any of these things, just trying to buttress my point). Life is beyond breathing in and out on planet ?. Ask someone who is suffering depression, rape victims/ abuse victims or people who just know they are not living the life they are called to live.
      Lastly, respect is earned not demanded, yes my parents demanded respect of me as a child but over the years they have come to earn my respect. It is the same reason it is said that a sperm donor is different from a father.

• Hawt Talk With Tosan

May 11, 2017 at 8:39 pm

@Olu, God gave her life not Segun…it just happened to be his sperm. Segun did not create the said sperm either. Biology is not parenting, nurturing is.

• Mawi

May 11, 2017 at 9:17 pm

@Olu, she should be grateful? Did she ask to be born? Did she beg him from heaven to have sex and conceive her? Why do u Africans forget that a person who brings a child into this world does so out of their own selfish desires (for a child or just to have sex)? So for as long as YOU CHOSE to bring a new life into this retarded world, YOU OWE IT TO THAT CHILD to give him/her the best life possible.
      I don’t support her method of approach, but your comment is downright retarded and reeks of self centeredness; typical of African men always thinking they are doing others a favour. Activate ur senses please. You bringing a child to this world is your responsibility and choice. Live up to it!

• Hawt Talk With Tosan

May 11, 2017 at 9:51 pm

@Mawi…are you sure we are not twins? Love!

24. nene

May 11, 2017 at 4:34 pm

why do people expect her to embrace her father? for the most part, her mother took care of her and her father was busy enjoying himself with different women before settling down

25. FasholasLover

May 11, 2017 at 4:37 pm

Absentee fathers shame on you all. You divorce a woman, babu whahala. Do you hv to divorce your child too? I like this girl’s courage. You did not call her to wish her well yet, went on social media to show love? Nonsense. Freeze is “afraiding” Your sons will spit on you in future if you keep showing love to your partner’s children yet, neglect those you sired. l do not believe in pretence. Aparently, all is not well between these two. Why pretend all is well while Segun goes about painting a picture of a good father/happy relationship with his daughter?

26. Pita

May 11, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Pikin bashing papa.. Unfinished mata, only time will tell.

27. Ajala & Foodie

May 11, 2017 at 4:53 pm

While I cringe at commenting on people’s relationship based on what I see on social media. One thing I know though is that, A sperm donor don’t a daddy make. That he does not have this young lady’s information is a clear indication of some kind of communication break down between the 2. I may even go as far as guessing he may been absent from her life. So I can see why the young lass may be wary of Mr. Arinze’s actions, especially since it may appear that his intentions may be selfish I.e to garner attention as opposed to genuinely wishing her well or even trying foster some kind of relationship between them. (See tagging blogs) and why she may not see a need to respect him based on his past and current actions.

I could nevertheless play devil’s advocate by saying maybe Mr. Arinze felt this was the only way he could get said daughter’s attention after exhausting other avenues. Let me however point out that her response probably brought more attention to both parties than if she had simple ignored him. So if his intention was for “celebrity attention ” then she just helped him achieve his goal.

Anyhow wetin be my own ? I guess what they say I say true “opionions are like butt holes, everyone has one”. Yes, I am honest enough to “yab ” myself too.

• Nigerian

May 11, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Thank you, people seem to equate fatherhood to whose “sperm ID”, unfortunately its not. An absentee father is merely a sperm donor,

28. Jejelaiye

May 11, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Of cos Freeze would weigh in on it; he’s as much a dead beat father to his children as Segun has been to his. Freeze knows this is the story of his life very soon.

29. o

May 11, 2017 at 4:59 pm

My own is why did he tag bloggers? And not his daughter? He simply wanted it out there. The ppl that matter are family. Not bloggers that will still publish the public washing. Still she was wrong. But Segun can not be an absent dad but be forming present on SM.

• Nigerian

May 11, 2017 at 6:50 pm

She wasn’t wrong. We need Nigeria (the world) to change baa, its time to call people out for who they are. Its not disrespect. At least next time he wont try that rubbish or even he does people know the truth not the curated lie.

30. kenz

May 11, 2017 at 5:03 pm

The daughter is just being a FATHER FIGURE for his childish DAD, he cant take out time to call his daughter (which is what she is saying) and talk to her and spend some quality time with her, He prefer tagging bloggers so social media sees him as the best dad 2017,…. ogbeni Segun you just got serve, try and sip it when its cold. she only advice Segun so freeze try and analyse properly

31. Cmbo

May 11, 2017 at 5:05 pm

i think it’s kinda obvious from her response that he has been an absentee father or something like that. You can only expect the respect of a father if you have been a father, and i’m sure you know being a father goes beyond contributing your seed. So i really do not know what Freeze is talking about. Why don’t you wait until you have been abandoned by a parent before you come to dish out advice that they did not ask you for. Don’t think you can reap good from your children if you give them bad or abandon them all in the name of divorcing the other parent or whatever. That just amounts to an unnecessary sense of entitlement. You can’t communicate with your child on a normal day but come on social media to be forming daddy.

32. Akpeno

May 11, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Love your father despite whatever they might have done?? Hmmmm

There are horror stories of parents raping their children
    Starving their children
    Not Providing for their children and forcing these children to do unthinkable things to survive…

Love them despite what they’ve done or did not do…. My dear freeze go and rest and face your own issues you are currently experiencing…

33. The Real Oma

May 11, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Omg, i remember their relationship, Anne!, their daughter is already 20?! How time flies. Anne used to be so beautiful then, who remembers her in Rattle Snake? Then she had an accident and then i heard they were divorced.
    I was taken aback by the young lady’s tone sha but who knows what she has been through? Who knows what her father has done to her?
    I can’t even judge, too many stories that touch these days.

34. Halima

May 11, 2017 at 5:23 pm

The man is irresponsible. He abandoned his son who schools in uniben too. freeze should go and rest abeg. Segun Arinze is wicked. I know his son.

35. adi nma

May 11, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Segun be a man and take a bold step to your daughter and make up with her….it will do you more good than harm, who knows she might be more useful to you in future than your other kids…God bless

36. OJ

May 11, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Actually the daughter’s response is probably based on the information her mum and some other people had fed her while growing up. If you are fed with lies and hate about your dad from early on, you will definitely grow up hating him. i mean mothers do that a lot especially when it comes to custody battle. FYI, we don’t know the arrangement the family has or what might have recently transpired, calling Arinze an absentee dad is totally uncalled for. Her response reminds me alot about spoilt kids attitude, the type the dad only gets to talk with her on the phone or SMS, but she doesn’t wana meet him physically//// i have met a lot kids from divorced homes and i notice at some point, they will yearn to reach out to their supposed absentee mum/dad….i give her some years more, let her mature.”pikin go everly look for hin papa”.

• survivor

May 11, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Information her mum and some other people had fed her(a 20 yes old girl)
      Walai una sabi jump into conclusion.what dey told her or what she might have seen since growing up..20yrs no b beans

37. isaobi

May 11, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Though the girl attitude is wrong,Segun, make peace with your daughter before it is too late. Remember how Yemisi Wada disregarded Femi Fani Kayode during their daughter’s wedding ceremony. Women can be vindictive when it hurts.

38. Mikky Jimbo

May 11, 2017 at 6:51 pm

Your father is your father…. Irrespective of his fault, i believe the girl should still honor her Father as the Bible mandates it so that her days may be long on Earth….. Mr Sege u sef suppose collect 42 strokes of BLABLA……. Please make peace with your daughter…….

39. Cee

May 11, 2017 at 7:00 pm

I so love the Bible . Ephesians 6:4 “Father’s , do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.” Colossians 3:21Fathers, do not aggravate your children, or they will become discouraged. I suggest Segun Arinze connects with his daughter in person and spends quality time with her. Segun is not a millennial what’s with the social media, reach out the way a father should.

40. survivor

May 11, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Stupidity..u love ur daughter so much that u could not call her n wish her happy birthday, but u tagged bloggers,, social media foolery!!
    That Sir sir sir…like she dey address one her teacher for school!!

41. john

May 11, 2017 at 7:21 pm

all I can say is that my advice to men still stands and I gave it to freeze… ..Once u divorce ur wife or ur wife divorces you, forget about them and her offsprings , they are gone bcos the mother is going to brainwashed them to stupor, they will never appreciate you,no matter what u do.. erase them from your life , dont contact them ever,no matter what even if your in your death bed , dont include them in your will ..leave them and move on immediately and start another family and be happy with that..u came into this world alone and you will leave alone..one thing I have noticed is that the brainwashed children that did shakara for their father end up repeating the same circle in their confused life…..one major secret in this world that I think only the occultic / spritual people really understands .. is that a fathers blessing or curse is 10times stronger than a mothers blessing or curse..so freaze advice was the best advice that naive girl should follow

• peyton

May 12, 2017 at 4:46 pm

I mistakenly liked your comment. I am very sure you forgot the scripture that refers to a man who fails to provide for his family has denied his faith and worse than an unbeliever? 1st Timothy 5 vs 8.

You can see the horrible advice you give a man should abandon his family and start a new one because he divorced his wife? That you advice people is a tragedy. Children are not stupid, they can decide for themselves who their father or mother is by their actions. This comment is the reason why some men fail to provide for their kids.

42. Yomi

May 11, 2017 at 7:38 pm

The Bible also says in Ephesians 6:4… fathers, provoke not your children to anger… No one knows how much she had longed for him to be her father but he wasn’t there

43. john

May 11, 2017 at 7:45 pm

all I can say is that my advice to men still stands and I gave it to freeze…..Once u divorce ur wife or ur wife divorces you, forget about them and her offsprings , they are gone bcos the mother is going to brainwashed them to stupor, they will never appreciate you,no matter what u do.. erase them from your life , dont contact them ever,no matter what even if your in your death bed , dont include them in your will..leave them and move onimmediately and start another family and be happy with that..u came into this world alone and you will leave alone..one thing I have noticed is that the brainwashed children that did shakara for their father end up repeating the same circle in their confused life…..one major secret in this world that I think only the occultic / spritual people really understands.. is that a fathers blessing or curse is 10times stronger than a mothers blessing or curse..so freaze advice was the best advice that naive girl should follow

44. Pamela

May 11, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Well, Freeze just successfully made this news! I hope he’s realized that. As much as what she has done may not be biblically right, what her dad did isn’t right either. However, two wrongs don’t make a right. Biko action and reaction are equal and opposite lemme hear word!

45. Chief

May 11, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Where is my comment? This is so disrespectful!

• survivor

May 11, 2017 at 8:31 pm

I no no weda Bella naija deletes comments

46. Hello Hello

May 11, 2017 at 8:06 pm

May God reward all absentee fathers in the same proportion that they have “blessed” their abandoned children! Amen!

47. Cee

May 11, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Colossians 3:21Fathers, do not aggravate your children, or they will become discouraged.Ephesians 6:4And ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath, but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Segun stop all the social media blah blah, and be a daddy to your daughter spend quality time with her.

48. Mark

May 11, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Freeze derives joy in holding opposite views to trending topics. Its his pattern. That’s why he is a class clown. He should direct his “moral lessons” to Segun Arinze who is clearly a deadbeat dad. On your own daughter’s birthday you can’t even pick up phone and call her but send her wishes via social media and not even tag her. The problem has and will always be this: We never correct the mistakes of men BUT take pride in giving all the lectures on morality to women. The result? Girls that go on to continuously struggle to fit into a country oblivious to the value they bring to the table. And boys that grow up eating, breathing and thinking stupidity! As a Nigerian man it mortifies my continued existence. Please have Nigerian men in your prayers. We need it more than you can ever imagine!

• Uzo

May 11, 2017 at 11:37 pm

We must be friends!!! By force!!! Your comment gave me a little hope that maybe just maybe Nigerian men can be saved, now I believe that there are still a few good men out there. Thank you for your wonderful comment. God bless you.

• Mawi

May 12, 2017 at 10:46 am

Mark, are you single? <3
      See Mawi + Mark! Rhymes, don't it? Lol…

• gia

May 12, 2017 at 4:18 pm

You CAN’T be a nigerian man!

49. Everything's rosie

May 11, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Freeze, the patron saint on busybody matters!

50. hadiza

May 11, 2017 at 10:33 pm

I like this girl die. Mr Freeze who sent u?? u are quoting the Bible?? did the bible also say beat n abuse ur wife?? ???? oloshi freeze. I keep saying it. Nigerian men are worthless. Pathetic pieces of trash.

• OJ

May 12, 2017 at 6:37 am

”I keep saying it. Nigerian men are worthless. Pathetic pieces of trash.” And its the same naija men that have been gbenshing you since attained puberty/ your dad just wasted his sperm, see how you turned out, GOSHHH!!!

51. Hian

May 12, 2017 at 1:54 am

Some men on here spewing trash about women seeking custody. Men are notorious for taking kids and brainwashing them. Women are using the law to help keep custody of their kids to create an environment that does not leave the child at the mercy of Daddys new wife who would take her kids as the housemaid (not all but too many to ignore). African men, it is sad that time and time again you show that you can not take what you dish out.

This girl might have been a bit rude but she dished out what her father deserved. It is high time absentee parents know that you walking away means you have no right to claim all willy nilly. That unfair practice is DEAD. As long as you neglect these children because of your silly pride, you will face embarrassment in one way or the other. Brainwash goes away, children are not stupid, they see things but your sense of entitlement will not let you see past your nose. Una never see. Something has to be done to whip some of these ignorant irresponsible parents back to shape. Enough is enough biko.

52. Caramel chic

May 12, 2017 at 7:57 am

Love it @Teju
    #saynotospermdonors

53. Ebun

May 12, 2017 at 8:27 am

My dad never paid my school fees nor gave me pocket money. I never felt his impact in my life. But when he became very ill and bedridden, I felt he never did anything for me, then why take care of him. Then I tot he will be judged by God about his responsibilities to his wife and child and I will also be judged of my responsibilities to my parent.
    Then I let go of the pain and took care of him. He is late now but I am fulfilled that I took care of him before he died.
    Its difficult but we owe it all to God and not man.

54. Eugenia Ekwesi

May 12, 2017 at 9:25 am

I think this lady is hurt and she wants the world to know how hurt she is. First, she wants us to know that the birthday message is a mockery of her and her mom if not why did her Dad not call her to say happy birthday. Also her mum’s commendation by her Dad is only on the internet. No calls too. These are proofs that her Dad is making a mockery of both her and her mom. She wanted the audience to know this but she didn’t present it well as well because in an environment where obedience to parents are emphasized we see her pointing fingers at her father. I think she should apologise to her father openly. But we should not overlook the lack of love and the mockery which her father displayed on her birthday. Even if he cannot get her a gift on her birthday he can give nice words of encouragement and love that can take her through a life time. Birthdays are days that people look forward to and it should not be spoilt by anyone even parents. What people want to hear on their birthday especially from parents is that they are loved. I don’t think I saw this in her father’s birthday message. So Daddy Freez carry your crusade further by telling Segun to stop making us believe that he is doing his best. Tell him also to show a little love to this his beautiful daughter. He should please make her happy. We know how attached baby girls are to their Dads. He should close the gap between him and his daughter. Love conquers all things.

• Nigerian

May 12, 2017 at 10:58 am

Hi Eugenia Ekwesi, I do not think she was wrong. If you are honest mention a rude or derogatory term used in her statement. There was really no insult in what she said except you OK not calling people out for their actions because they are your parents or are older..(In case you are, please do not call out your political leaders, etc when they do wrong, just shuushhh)

Maybe we should let people speak truth, all these emotional repression in the name of respect needs to stop ASAP.

55. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 12, 2017 at 10:18 am

But Freeze, you are wrong on this one

You have your dad, Freeze

She doesn’t.

So you will not understand her writing to her dad.

• Mawi

May 12, 2017 at 10:46 am

Bullseye! Bless you

56. lara

May 12, 2017 at 11:41 am

This is what happens when a man does not love his child, to all boys rejecting, denying and abandon their child, this is what will happen when the child grows up, and while did he wish his daughter happy birthday on social media and cant tag her but knows how to tag bloggers, and he didn,t even call her, but she is not suppose to talk to the father like that, he is still your father. freeze is afraid this is also going to happen to him, if he does not show love to his other kids and be in their life and be a responsible father, this will also happen to him

57. Laluneestmamere

May 16, 2017 at 4:52 am

I am surprised he remembered when her birthday was! I had a deadbeat dad and he is still a damn pathological liar. My life improved when I cut him off. I am surprised at the number of people saying she was rude. It is a toxic mentality that many Nigerian parents and Nigerians in general have when you can’t express your hurt or even opinion and disappointment in your parents respectfully or even an elder because they are your “senior” and dem born them before you bullshit. We should be able to express ourselves to our parents especially when we disagree with them without it being perceived as an attack.