News

Man Allegedly Impregnates 13-year old Girl in Aba

BellaNaija.com

Ugochukwu Oleka allegedly impregnates 13-year old girl in Aba

Ugochukwu Oleka | Photo Credit: PUNCH

One Ugochukwu Oleka, a welder in the Azikiwe Asa, Aba area of Abia state has been arrested for allegedly raping a 13-year old girl on several occasions and consequently impregnating her.

According to PUNCH, the victim, a Primary 6 pupil said that the suspect had slept with her for more than seven times, adding that he promised to give her money for snacks. She also said that he warned her not to disclose their affair to anyone.

Ugochukwu, however confessed to have slept with the victim once.

“I feel so bad for I what I did, the girl is the niece to my friend. We were living in the same compound before I parked to my current apartment.

Later, my friend asked me to help him to look for a new apartment and I found one for him on my street. Since he parked to my street, we have been visiting each other and the girl has been running errands for me.

Unfortunately, one day the girl came to my house and embraced me. That was how I started having feelings for her. The devil caused it.

I know that I shouldn’t have done what I did; I had not done that kind of thing before, but the way she embraced me made me lose control of myself. I am pleading with everybody to forgive me,” he said.

The case was reported to the police by Daniel Efurueze, the friend of the suspect, who is an uncle to the victim.

Daniel said that his neighbours had told him that the suspect visits his home whenever he (Daniel) is away to and will be indoors with the victim.

“When my neighbours told me of Oleka’s frequent visits to my house when I was away, I went to his house on two occasions to see him, but he refused to allow me see him, rather he sent a message through his wife that I should bring my niece to him if I said he impregnated her. That was why I reported the matter to the police,” Daniel said.

The Commissioner of Police in Abia State, Adeleye Oyebade, said that the command had concluded investigation on the case and added that medical examination had revealed that the victim was two months pregnant.

Ugochukwu said that his wife and daughter left him after they discovered what happened. He also promised to take care of the victim till she puts to bed as he continued to beg for forgiveness.

Photo Credit: PUNCH

1. bey

May 20, 2017 at 8:27 am

Sick people everywhere.
    She embraced you and you started having thoughts ??????
    No kind of sick excuses these men won’t use. He didn’t use the normal one of she was wearing short skirts or tight dresses.

• Nubiam

May 20, 2017 at 10:49 am

@missnk

Wow missnk na people like darius cause make this man impregnate a minor abi? So men all over should take responsibility for what other men have done.

I agree that we should speak against these things but I cannot and will not be blamed for what another man does.

2. Darius

May 20, 2017 at 8:40 am

Every man on this blog should hide in a bunker. The onslaught is about to start.

They are coming…………………

They are coming……………………

They are coming………………………….

Run!

The frenimists (feminists) are about to launch an aerial bombardment of patriarchy because of the actions of this man.

• missnk

May 20, 2017 at 9:59 am

oh shut it. Men are and have been ruining the lives of women worldwide and instead of you to see how you can help, it’s feminists you want to fight. kmt. These men do these things because people like you, their fellow men don’t hold them accountable. Always trying to shift blame.

• Nito

May 20, 2017 at 10:29 am

True some women Will do that, however we can take control of the narrative as this is a terrible thing done by this man. Justice has to be done,

3. Anonymous

May 20, 2017 at 8:58 am

Yoruba demon!

• Ottawa Queen

May 20, 2017 at 9:46 am

Lol. But he ain’t Yoruba na. Thought he’s name is Ugochukwu?

4. Michy

May 20, 2017 at 10:22 am

I am so glad his wife left him and took their daughter with her, if he can sleep with a 13 years old girl and claim she embraced him and he lost control of himself I am sure he can sleep with his daughter and claim she sat on his laps and looked at him seductively and he lost control. Sick fool!

5. AbiBaker

May 20, 2017 at 11:25 am

This is simply a crime. And he should be procecuted accordingly. Anyone who sexually penetrates, or sexually touches a child at the age of 13 or under is guilty of an offence. Consent can not be used as defence in child sex offences, a child of 13 or under is presumed to be too young to give consent.

6. Blueberry

May 20, 2017 at 11:29 am

Nonesense! Always blaming the devil for your stupidity! Can’t you just admit it and apologise?! Couldn’t you see she was 13?!!!!!!!!!!

7. Nene

May 20, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Why did the girl keep going back?

• smh smh

June 20, 2017 at 3:45 pm

you are an idiot?

8. funmilola

May 20, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Parents/guardians should PLEASE encourage their children to speak out when someone touches them in their private parts and not be fearful……a 13 year old girl shouldn’t be that naive, not even in this generation of sex education.

9. MadamYe...

May 20, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Everytime I have refresh the website and scroll past this beasts face, I just keep on muttering ‘F*$king Idoit’… I am soo angry!!!

10. Segi

May 20, 2017 at 8:24 pm

When will Nigerian government take the case of Pedophile and Rape serious? We are so homophobic and laser focused on what two consenting adults do behind close doors, that we do not protect the helpless kids.

11. john

May 21, 2017 at 7:35 am

I will continue saying ..government should ahould focus thier attention more on children ..A lot of atrocities and all kind of abuses are being done to them ( hidden and non hidden)..they are the ones that truly need our help not adult women who needs attention for their olosho activities..to start with government should ban caning of children with stick in schools and home
    , they are not cows…and any paedophile caught should be sentence to death they are lots of them everywhere especially on the north which is even like a common tradition to them, they even marry them in public….

12. Hillary Joseph

May 21, 2017 at 8:06 am

I feel sorry for the innocent girl, for the Man I think he lack moral and the fear of God is not in him he has no respect for the wife. Am so sorry for the family for the disgrace and shame he brought upon them.