Scoop

‘I was not married prior to my marriage to Laura’ – Ogbonna Kanu Debunks Rumors Saying he was Once Married

BellaNaija.com

Laura Ikeji‘s husband, Ogbonna Kanu, took to his Instagram page today to debunk rumours of him being married to the mother of his two kids Hannah once before, saying he had never gotten married prior to his marriage to Laura.

In his Instagram post, he wrote;

People, I just want to let you all know that I was not married prior to my marriage to Laura I’m happy to be married to Laura, my wife. I have two lovely kids but was not married. I’m cordial with the mother of my two wonderful children but we were not together when I met my wife Laura is my only wife and I love her God bless you all.

Photo Credit: TheCommentSection

1. Adaoma

May 30, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Waiting for comments. Let me just fetch my popcorn

2. Mystique

May 30, 2017 at 5:16 pm

I will sleep here today………

• Baby gurl

May 30, 2017 at 6:12 pm

LOL Ya not serious.

• Seriously

May 30, 2017 at 6:42 pm

This ain’t worth sleeping here. Laura wrote that to clear any suspicion of her crashing any marriage/relationship. But when a man or woman moves on with their life with another person, let them be. They are adults and chose their next life. They are not together for a reason. Whether he was married or not to his babymom including green card arrangement. It is what it is.

3. jide

May 30, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Why do I have an inkling that Linda put ogbonna up to writing this nansense?

• Beeeee

May 30, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Or she wrote it herself ????? this doesn’t seem like something a man would do on his own

• Osa

May 30, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Attention seeking from both dregs.

• Ngbabe

May 31, 2017 at 12:19 am

@jide your hate for Linda made you dumb right?. And you must mention Linda, is Linda in the marriage, what’s her business here bikonu? So Linda now baby sits Ogbonna. You can contact the baby mama to verify the truth rather than involve Linda unnecessarily.

• osa

May 31, 2017 at 2:14 am

@Ngbagbe aka laura .
      You are here again to troll comments. Just accept the fact that your loudness” hasnt earned you any points . Infact it disgusts people thats why you get really nasty comments online

4. Anabel

May 30, 2017 at 5:30 pm

You were not married but u have kids? Warrefa! You owe no one explainations. Laura wld av waited for a fresh and klin man to marry and not a man with baby Mama drama.

• Osa

May 30, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Where will she find that spec in a man? This one sef that she managed to “bag” (in adesuas voice), you think if it was not for the money which her sister came by, he would even look her way?.

• Ngbabe

May 31, 2017 at 12:32 am

Annabel, your opinion matters so much because you raised Laura and manipulates her opinion and her decisions. Now that he wasn’t married, it is now to marry a “fresh man” . Which man is fresh? Which man did not have affairs with girls before meeting his wife. Annabel I hope you marry a virgin man. Jobless gossips every where. I hope Jealousy won’t kill Nigerian women. Laura enjoy your man. Let them get their own men first not to talk of a “virgin man”.

• Ngbabe

May 31, 2017 at 7:29 am

@Osa, you are a busy body, go and find something to do with your life than monitoring Laura and her husband. I am not Laura, if you are a regular here, you’ll know I comment here
      sometimes. I hate when people turn joy killers, especially women, they won’t let their fellow women enjoy their marriages, yet they’ re the ones to mock you if you are not married. What do you ladies want? Do you want everybody to live in agony, then the world will be enjoyable for you sad ones? Na Wao

5. One4All

May 30, 2017 at 5:34 pm

And so? But you have two kids. Does that make you a saint? This would be news if he said he was a virgin when he met Laura!

6. D

May 30, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Dear Laura and ogboona you don’t owe nobody any form of explanation, you both are grown adults please focus on forever and not gbo gbo Rada Rada yi.So you didn’t marry their mother but I believe you both were in a committed relationship for you to have had 2 kids together. Laura focus on family and not rumors & instagram after light, camera action comes reality.

7. Darius

May 30, 2017 at 6:04 pm

I’m just surprised that a woman had two kids for him, but he couldn’t do her right by marrying her. Women! Fish brains!

8. Wow

May 30, 2017 at 6:05 pm

When will these people learn…. the people that are important to you DON’T care. You’re explaining to people who do not care. Why?????? You’re adults is it today, people with kids marry other people? Abeg.

9. ejogene

May 30, 2017 at 6:14 pm

You go fear! fear see name ogbobekee1! i throw away salute oh!

• funmilola

May 30, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Lol, the name get as e be

• Detola AP

May 30, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Funmilola e get as e be.

• Oh lala

May 31, 2017 at 7:37 am

And “ejogene” no get as e be? Gibberish. Laura your marriage is taking sleep away from their eyes. Keep rocking your life jareh. It’s not your fault, na baba God make am so.

10. KitKat

May 30, 2017 at 6:14 pm

What is the point of this?

11. Bad gang

May 30, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Siblings of superstars…nobody genuinely cares about this information…Gee stay woke…lol

12. Mahka

May 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Dude why you preaching nau, no one cares; it’s been five months.
    Laura, girl, go take your man’s phone except you forced him to this, highly suspect.
    Sports people with their English; whether written or spoken, itches..

13. Gretchen

May 30, 2017 at 7:26 pm

The comments on Instablog 9ja were ruthless.
    I’m peed a little every time I read some comments.

14. word

May 30, 2017 at 8:21 pm

1st wife..last wife…wetin concern us. We are just grateful someone helped him write this cos if he had written it himself, we for need interpreter.

• Pamela

May 30, 2017 at 10:32 pm

You’re not nice wallahi ???

15. Oma

May 30, 2017 at 9:38 pm

A young, vibrant girl like Laura decided to marry a dude like ogbobekee (she should biko assist and change the name ,,,lol)….. with two kids….na wa o… At times like this, I realise I am not as open minded as I would like to believe. I would only consider marrying a baby daddy from my 35th birthday but then, I guess with the way things are now with baby daddies and baby mamas all over the place, that might be harder than before. I just feel like – who needs the drama of a constant 3rd party in a relationship that is not the easiet to begin with? Cos marriage aint easy. Good luck to them – and if they keep listening to what people say, they are going to be spending a lot of unnecesary time on social media explaining nonsense to complete strangers….SMH

16. Hedz

May 30, 2017 at 10:27 pm

And so what if you were married?
    You don’t owe anyone an explanation on how you choose to live your life. I expected a grown man of your class to ignore those negative comments on social media, and focus on building your home… But you had to proof whatever to total strangers. Smh

17. Lliki

May 30, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Who cares, they own no one any explanation.
    I only feel for the baby mama.

18. Meg

May 31, 2017 at 12:46 am

Ogbonna and Laura don’t mind jobless jealous people. The recession is affecting their brains. You two look good together, enjoy your marriage. Don’t mind sad people trying to share their sadness every where. Laura be doing pepper dem gang for them sad and jealous women.

19. Diamond

May 31, 2017 at 1:08 am

Baby mama-ish. Second wife wahala – not my business. My own is why are we just hearing this now? I mean her sister, Linda Ikeji lauds herself as a chief gossip blogger. Why didn’t she feed, fest on this one? If it’s other persons now, she carry their matter on top her head and milk the news till nothing is left

• Ify

May 31, 2017 at 9:55 am

Exactly Diamond. Hopefully now she understands what being at the receiving end feels like.

• tete

May 31, 2017 at 11:56 am

First to do no de pain na…
      They obviously can’t stand the heat when it is their own turn.
      and it seems folks don’t learn…stop putting all your business on social media!

20. lol

May 31, 2017 at 4:41 am

any relationship with commas and full stops would be highly appreciated..

21. jayden

May 31, 2017 at 9:25 am

ok

22. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 31, 2017 at 10:25 am

If Ogbonna Kanu has being married before, it is his business

If Ogbonna Kanu has not being married before, it is his business

Ogbonna Kanu, apologising to people in the first year of your marriage, I hope you will not continue apologising because it is your marriage; and not their’s

• Sansarai

May 31, 2017 at 10:47 am

“Has been married”…”has not been married”…”theirs”

• tete

May 31, 2017 at 11:55 am

Sansarai..english teacher. wehdone ma!