BN TV

From a Size 14 to a Size 8! Bolanle Olukanni shares her Weight Loss Journey in New Vlog | Watch on BN TV

BN TV

Bolanle Olukanni, Weight Loss

Media personality Bolanle Olukanni has just unveiled her official website as well as an official YouTube channel and in her first vlog, she shares her incredible weight loss journey.

She talks about how she went from a size 14 to a size 8 without working out. She says:

It’s been long  coming . I Lost a bit of weight and did it without working out cause I was too lazy. LOL. But it is possibly to do so by changing your diet and cutting out BAD Habits. The best thing about this is it creates healthy life long habits that stay with you so the weight permanently stays OFF!!

Watch the video below.

1. Irin

June 12, 2017 at 9:35 am

You were a 12 not 14. A size 14 is bigger that size i see up there

• t

June 12, 2017 at 9:47 am

If you actually watched the video, she did say at the beginning that she was between a size 12 and 14..

• Passing by

June 12, 2017 at 9:51 am

@irin yes! Tell her what size she was from behind your computer keyboard.

• Summer

June 12, 2017 at 10:15 am

I was wondering the same thing and then I remembered that some brands have been bashed for using smaller sizing. For example, if you’re a 10, you would fit into a 14. So if such a brand is your go-to, you’d consider yourself a size 14.

• ec

June 12, 2017 at 10:57 am

if you watch the video you will hear her say size 12/14. and now she is 8/10
      Watch first

• Corolla

June 12, 2017 at 1:26 pm

@Irin Gosh! Why so angry though?

• Itsjusme

June 13, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Depends on the retailers she shops at.

2. Ij

June 12, 2017 at 9:57 am

I’m happy Bolane has lost the weight, but advising people to cut out a lot of fruits and carbohydrates completely is hella dangerous! People should just stop being lazy and work out whilst changing their diets. The danger of crash diets is being left with excess loose skin which ain’t cute.

• Pat

June 12, 2017 at 12:43 pm

“Cut out fruits” Really?

3. Daisy

June 12, 2017 at 10:11 am

You are so beautiful Bolanle. Thanks for the tips. Presently I am trying to loose weight but it’s a big struggle and I just can’t be motivated to work out due to some personal issues. I never knew honey was not ideal. I have a been using it.I will stop it. Just that i have a sweet tooth but like you as i go hard or go home. Yes a video on how you make your moi moi would be nice. Thank you.

• [email protected]

June 12, 2017 at 1:54 pm

To lose weight you need to be at an energy deficit fact!!- All diets are tricks to make you eat less, low carb makes you lose water weight which is very motivating. I have tried all diets from Keto to cambridge and i’m from fat family. I have lost and maintained by weight for over 7 years by changing my lifestyle and eating well.

4. The Cake Lady

June 12, 2017 at 10:59 am

Bolanle you didn’t mention EGGS!!! They’re one of the best sources of protein plus they make you feel really full for hours.
    I work out a lot so I eat carbs but I’m planning on cutting them out completely because I’ve a hit a weight loss plateau. The scale ain’t budging ? I’m just going to stick to eggs, grilled chicken and low carb veggies like spinach. I loooove spinach!
    Sha, good luck to everyone trying to lose weight! Xx

• Rose

June 12, 2017 at 12:18 pm

The scale might not budge despite losing fat if you are gaining more muscle which is good for you! Do you do a lot of muscle building exercises? If that’s he case, then you just might be gaining muscle so I wouldn’t worry too much about the numbers not changing

5. Maame

June 12, 2017 at 11:40 am

And there will always be people like me who prefer you at you size 12/14.
    Your first days on ELTV. Really loved how you looked. Not unhealthy in any way, just nice and full.
    Do you dear. Love you still

6. No Headaches Please

June 12, 2017 at 11:56 am

Please.

Please.

I am begging you, someone, anyone out there: How can I gain weight????

Please. E sa nu mi.

I loose weight just by breathing.
    What I gain in a week, I can lose in 57 minutes.

Please.

Not all of us are trying to lose anything.
    Please.

*And please don’t mention Coke, cake, fatty foods and Eba at 2am. Been. there. done. that. ?

• Elle

June 12, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Hi dear, I am in the same boat but you might wanna get your thyroid hormone levels checked to ensure you are not losing weight due to an underlying medical condition such as hyperthyroidism.

I’m on a vegetarian diet and to gain weight I eat a lot of sweet potatoes, bananas, dates, and coconut. I don’t necessarily gain as much as maintain my current weight with this. Generally my diet consists of good carbs, lots of fruits and veggies, healthy plant-based fat, no animal-based foods except occasionally scaled fish. Lots of water too

Overall just do you and enjoy your weight. Some will die to be your size. Lol.

Cheers

• hummmm

June 12, 2017 at 2:22 pm

You might want to have your thyriod checked out by your doctor. That could be the source .

• [email protected]

June 12, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Most people that say they can’t gain weight without any underlying medical conditions are simply not eating in a surplus. Eating in a surplus is not as easy as it sounds and Junk food is not the answer.
      You need real food and you need to eat frequently like every 3 hours, carb load before bed and lift weights. Or email me at [email protected] if you need one on one help.

• www.Anemistyle.com

June 12, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Most people that struggle to gain weight simply are not eating in a surplus. It’s not as easy as it sounds and junk food does not help.

If you have a thyroid issue you will know as you will feel tired all the time and you won’t feel like yourself- simply put.

You can gain weight by doing this- eat till belle full plus more at every meal, preferably every 3 hrs. Eat carbs before bed and lift weight so that your weight gain won’t be just fat and squishy. Good muscle tone=Good figure and weight training will give you that.

7. Abimbola

June 12, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Run,run ,run,and if u cant,jump rope for at least 20 minutes everyday.i prefer not cuttn out all sorts of food but rather control ur portions and listen to ur body cos it actually tells you when you’ve had enuf. Most times when i feel like eating more,i just drink a big glass of water nd just like dat ,hunger pangs disappear. @the cake lady,if u thnk u hv reached a plateau,its perhaps cos ur body is now accustomed to ur routine hence, i suggest u change ur work out regimen,switch it up and add some Light weight training. You wld defoo see some changes.iam not a fitness expert or watchumacallit ,just thot to share what has worked for me.

8. Abimbola

June 12, 2017 at 12:41 pm

@the cake lady,ditch d scales maa’m,muscle weighs more dan fat,use ur clothes and a taperule to monitor improvements like every 2weeks and b patient too.Dats what i do nd it works, plus its a great motivation.

9. Abimbola

June 12, 2017 at 1:01 pm

@the cake lady,ditch the scales maa’m, muscle weighs more than fat so use a tape rule or your clothes to monitor improvements. It worked for me and its great for motivation too.

10. Mahka

June 12, 2017 at 1:09 pm

I want to gain weight in the right places. I do squats a lot but not much difference. I have no problem with gaining weight cos I’ve been on the same weight since about 17.
    Bolanle looked good with her weight.

Don’t kill me o but I think she went slightly far now.

• [email protected]

June 12, 2017 at 1:46 pm

To gain weight in the right places is easy if you know the tricks- I am guessing you want the Instagram figure 8 :). Eat Carbs and very low fat, Weight train to grow your back and glutes, and waist train (controversial and I don’t support it but that’s what those girls do)

11. bey

June 12, 2017 at 1:55 pm

I tried cutting out carbs and was always so bloody tired and didnt have energy in the office.
    What i do now is brown bread in the morning, sweet potatoe and eggs for lunch, snack fruits and dinner special K and skimmed milk. Then i work out 1hr a day.
    My friend still feels i eat too much carbs but i cant kill myself.
    Gone from a size UK14 to 12 after my baby.
    Im not even looking for unrealistic size 10 let me just maintain my 12 jeje .
    Its important to me i eat. Life is too short.

• mmmmmm

June 12, 2017 at 4:14 pm

You need Carbs my dear. Our bodies need carbs for energy. Eat meals in small quantities. Exercise.

12. Ifeoluwa

June 12, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Am a nursing mother, nd my baby is jst 14weeks, virtually everybody i know is complaining about my weight gain, so i started with seat-up nd skiping rope, got tired cos i started having pains all over my body so i had to stop. Tried cutting down my meal, but my baby tends to suck breast alot. Don’t know what to do anymore, please any advice?

• Enn

June 12, 2017 at 2:49 pm

@Ifeoluwa..give your body time to heal before u start working out,else u’ll do more harm than good..u could do something light like strolling when u can find the time..don’t kill ur self on top say u wan slim fast fast. Be patient with ur body.

• www.Anemistyle.com

June 12, 2017 at 2:50 pm

As a new mum caring for your baby is more important than worrying about what ‘rude’ people are saying. Post baby weight tends to be harder to come off cos of the hormones floating around in your system and lifestyle factors like lack of sleep does not help as sleep regulates your hunger hormones.

Please don’t diet as you need to produce high-quality milk for your baby, instead, try eating as natural as possible and going for walks.

The real trick is to flush out those hormones to enable your body to drop the weight naturally. I can’t write an epistle here but I have an article on my website telling you how to go about it. The summary is this- increase your water, fruits and veggies and sleep- Your weight will drop 100% guaranteed!

13. Ifeoluwa

June 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm

@Anemistyle please can i know your website?

@Enn thanks much.

14. Becca

June 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Just weight train,increase your protein intake, cut down on your carbs and avoid white carbs- go brown. Brown bread, rice, wholewheat pasta, sweet potatoes & eat in small quantities.
    ditch the scales!!! People waste too much time on cardio! Do weights 80% and 20%cardio just to warm up.

15. Akara Pancake

June 12, 2017 at 4:49 pm

I recommend IIFYM (Flexible Eating) if you want a sustainable way of losing weight that works.

16. Me

June 12, 2017 at 5:00 pm

I just saw some of Bolanle’s pictures for Jumia and would say you look good and gorg – are you trying to burn that off too? That would be shocking.. In the days of Photoshop, which picture do I believe, the one up here or the endorsements with Jumia?

Enjoy your WL journey, your body your story.

17. Teetee

June 12, 2017 at 7:04 pm

what is flexible eating?

18. No Headaches Please

June 12, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Thank you @Elle. Will check with my hospital for the test.

Thank you @Anemistyle. Will reach out to you in a bit.

19. Jeff Ifeoma

June 13, 2017 at 9:20 am

Thanks for this required info, i need to workout but i must confess i feel lazy working out. May be i will try dancing classes since i love to dance.

20. mugzy

June 13, 2017 at 12:46 pm

please do a video on how you make your healthy moin-moin. Thanks