Connect with us

News

How Fire Incident was Averted in my House – Read Makeup Artist Elaine Shobanjo’s Testimony

BellaNaija.com

Published

 on

Makeup artist Elaine Shobanjo of Shomya took to her Instagram to share testimony of how a fire incident was averted in her house.

Read her testimony below:

Finally got my hands on something special that I’d wanted to eat all week.
Hubby came home tonight and asked to have some for work tomorrow. I teased him about needing to take his eyes off my precious food? Nonetheless, I promised to dish some out for him in the morning.
The whole house was asleep…but me. In the shower, I talked to God and reminisced about different things. A voice told me to go sort his food out tonight but I brushed it aside saying “I will do it in the morning”. A battle ensued in my head about when to dish this food out. I didn’t feel like making the journey downstairs, but neither did I want to have to deal with it in the morning…I already have the kids and a million things to deal with…. but, the voice won and forced me to sort it tonight.
I woke a nanny up to help me bring everything needed upstairs (laziness), so I could arrange it all neatly for hubby. She obliged. But something made me insist on going down myself afterall. So off I went around midnight. Opened the kitchen door and was hit by a strong smell of gas!!! I’m suspecting the cook left the cooker on ???. I knew immediately why that voice had been sooo persistent in making me sort the food tonight…AND ensured that I went down PERSONALLY!! What would have happened if no one detected it? If the cook resumed in the morning and turned the cooker ON?! I thank God for sending the Holy Spirit to me tonight. I woke hubby up to tell him, we prayed and then I tuned in to @nathanielblow.
PS… NEVER EVER light a fire OR turn your knob off & on once gas has leaked!!

11 Comments

  1. biola

    June 21, 2017 at 10:48 am

    Halleluyah! Thank God for never ending mercies.

  2. Liz

    June 21, 2017 at 10:57 am

    lovely testimoney. God does conform our foolishness to wisdom. Thank God for Grace.

    But seriously many homes in Lagos are security whala waiting to happen. I spent last summer at my aunts house in Ikeja. I had the house all to myself as they were away on holiday.

    so many security issues I noticed living in the house. I was scared o.
    In the kitchen I couldn’t always tell when the Gas was off. Like I would cook breakfast and go back all time to double check. But you can buy a gas monitor for £5 which senses high gas smell and make an alarm when it is above the required level. Didn’t see nothing in the house o.

    Fire alarm. I noticed ther was only one in the house and it wasn’t working.

    When my friends came to see me. They had to knock on the gate. HABA!!! 2016 people are knocking on the gate..no door buzzer linked to the house. It isn’t that expensive to buy max £50

    The one that gave me headache was the courtyard area. Please tell me why we didnt’ have sensory lights? I could never tell when anyone was walking past the flat or if someone was in the courtyard.

    I am so surprised more accidents have not accoured in lagos that we are aware of . A lot of time bombs waiting to happen.

  3. Cyn

    June 21, 2017 at 11:22 am

    Really? Don’t turn the knob off? So what should one do? turn off from the gas cylinder? Please someone should educate me o! Cos this happened to me recently and I turned the knob off and aired the kitchen.

    • Aibee

      June 21, 2017 at 2:21 pm

      If you have an “automatic” gas cooker type that ignites when the knob is turned on, then do not turn the knob. Just disconnect from the cylinder (which ideally should be outside the house).

  4. LadyVi

    June 21, 2017 at 11:52 am

    Halleluyah. God is great.

  5. ben nye

    June 21, 2017 at 2:27 pm

    Wow! God is great! Thank God for you.. I have made that mistake a few times only because I’m not used to gas cookers so I sometimes don’t close it all the way but likely someone it’s always a few steps behind me reminding me

    However I am a bit shocked that you would wakeup a sleeping nanny just to bring up food you wanted to assemble? I know she is a helper and it’s her job but if it’s late and you were gna go downstairs anyway.. why bother? just my thoughts

    • Fifi

      June 21, 2017 at 3:58 pm

      Mind your business,

    • .........What Was I thinking?

      June 21, 2017 at 4:56 pm

      That got me too. Women using helps like slaves.

  6. E

    June 21, 2017 at 2:47 pm

    Pls DO turn it OFF. just don’t turn it on immediately after…to avoid an explosion.

  7. Fabulous

    June 21, 2017 at 3:24 pm

    Thank you Jesus.

  8. kilipot

    June 21, 2017 at 4:47 pm

    Scary stuff. Happened to me once. Apparently I didn’t turn off the knob properly, it was a Saturday and I had gone out to have fun, came back home to a seeping sound and a sense in my kitchen after several hours. Lord I was shaking like a leaf.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Star Features

Recent Posts

Get The Pan-Atlantic Advantage

Advertisement
css.php