News

“I have a penchant for taking powers; I’m the next president” – Fayose

BellaNaija.com

"I have a penchant for taking powers; I’m the next president" - Fayose

Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State | Photo Credit: Ekiti State Govt

Ekiti State governor Ayo Fayose has disclosed that he’ll be the next president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Fayose, who spoke to political office holders in the Ekiti State Government House, Ado-Ekiti on Friday, said that he has a penchant for defeating incumbent leaders in elections, said that he is heading straight to Aso Rock.

In a statement by his media aide Lere Olayinka, Fayose also boasted that former governors Segun Oni and Kayode Fayemi (Minister of Solid Minerals) will fail should they contest the 2018 governorship election coming up in the state.

Just because Ayo Fayose has won a second term to become governor of Ekiti, some people also think they can come back now, but I want to tell them that it is not possible. I am the man wholeheartedly loved by Ekiti people because of the many developmental projects that have brought great infrastructural and developmental advancement to Ekiti.

If you go around Ekiti, you will see my handiwork dotting every nook and cranny of the state. This is why I am the man who every Ekiti people will follow in 2018.

I have a penchant for taking powers; that one in Buhari’s hand. I will take it. I’m going straight to that villa. I’m the next president.

I want to be the next president of Nigeria. My own won’t be this change that has brought nothing, we are going to represent the people well and tell them the truth.

1. CovertNigerian

June 17, 2017 at 8:13 am

If this unimaginative, quality-ideas-free-zone of a person makes it anywhere near the presidency we will only have ourselves to blame. We can do better and we need to do better. We can’t afford to keep elevating incompetence in the name of ethnic and religious sentiments or because of some populist measures that yield few, if any, real results.

Ayo Fayose should be free to run as is his right but that he genuinely thinks he can become president, in spite his mediocrity, is our collective failure. We’re better off leaving the country in the hands of infants.

• nene+

June 17, 2017 at 8:30 am

[email protected] covertNigeria I knew you will be here if it’s Fayose.
      One thing I know is that Fayose would be better than Buhari, he is brave, He has listening ears, he loves Nigeria, he fears God. However, I truly cringe at his being a president in terms of comportment. This he can improve if taught.

Fayose will not break Nigeria, he will not divide Nigeria,he will not appoint only relatives and friends. Fayose is 60% where Buhari scored 11%.

What do you think?

• CovertNigerian

June 17, 2017 at 9:28 am

@nene+ If Buhari is that bad then he shouldn’t be the standard that we measure future possibilities by. We all have a sense of what is good and that should be our yardstick. We shouldn’t be lowering the bar out of frustration.

I don’t believe Fayose would be ‘better than Buhari’. He’d certainly be different but ‘better’ is a step too far for me. He would just be a different kind of incompetent.

That said, I agree that he may not be as divisive a president as Buhari has become but that’s only one in a number of qualities that we need in a leader. In my view, Fayose lacks almost all of the other qualities Nigeria desperately needs in a leader.

2. The Real Oma

June 17, 2017 at 8:54 am

Anyone can run for president, so long as they meet the requirements laid down in the constitutions. However, who becomes president is dependent on us, the electorates, that is the beauty of democracy.

My people, let as many of us as possible determine that come 2019, we will vote for the person we believe in our hearts to be best for the job without consideration for tribe and religion.
    Personally, i intend to vote for a totally new person, not one of these refurbished Politicians who has been in PDP then got born again in APC etc.

My ideal candidate will be someone who has done well for himself in the private sector, someone who has a successful business proven to have thrived sans corrupt government privileges. I hope people like this truly emerge. If not, i would also consider a candidate that has shown true statesmanship while in office, though i fear this will be rather difficult to find.

Any which way, i plan to vote according to my conscience and pray many more of us are tired of our repeated failure, election after election, to do the same.

Thank you.

3. Agu

June 17, 2017 at 11:33 am

The need to keep quiet somewhere. I think the next president of Nigeria will be former Governor of Anambra state Peter Obi.

4. Livy

June 17, 2017 at 11:45 am

First of all, for me and my family if you are above 45yrs old you aint our candidate. Secondly, if you have been a regular political face since 1789 (please don’t question this lol) in Nigeria I can’t trust you.

Then let me comment on Fayose’s developmental strides….. RUBBISH. For too long these politicians will build a substandard Clinic call it hospital in 1 out of 6 neighboring local government and say it’s a worthy structural fit. You build a road that will be fraught with potholes in 7months and you raise you shoulders. Do these guys even know what is developmental projects? So is Ekiti’s infrastructural development and advancement in par with the pace and level with the rest of the world? I have seen a governor boast of stripping a topsoil and covering it with Red soil (mud), In his mind he has opened up the village. Too many mediocre politicians doing mediocre job and playing to the gallery. And they all travel to climes practically defining REAL INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT.

5. tell em

June 17, 2017 at 12:52 pm

fayose will not unite nigeria because he has shown a lot of bias with his comments a certain section of Nigeria will never vote for him ..but peter obi ..hmmm anambra people should let us know how he fared during his tenure as governor before we can say anything

6. Lalaland

June 17, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Uncle, incase you haven’t heard, jazz is failing seriously these days o. Go and ask Evans. President Ko, NURTW chairman ni.

7. Ajala & Foodie

June 17, 2017 at 4:07 pm

If anyone did not see this coming then something is wrong!!!! Fayose does not care about Nigeria, does not have a listening ear or listening anything other than the one that profits himself and his family. All he has done is to put himself in a position where gullible people may believe he is somehow interested in their well being. Like the well being of the average Nigerian is about stomach infrastructure.

@ nene+, Even the Bible says “For whom much is given, much is expected”. Let’s forget about comportment, who comportment epp??? if he genuinely has the heart of a true leader I.e stewardship, why haven’t we seen it with his State? Fayose has not proven himself with the State he has been placed to lead and manage, what makes anyone think he is a better steward than our present leadership?? I believe he is just has bad if not worse. The boldness or apparent boldness stems from a place of selfishness and selfcenterdness I,e is goal to become president. Please let’s also stop throwing that God fearing thing around loosely, the truth is the average Nigerian “fears God”, go and ask even Evans (the kidnapper billionaire) but, do actions actually support that??? That Fayose’s wife is deeper abi na MFM does not mean he is a Christian, even for the Church going Christians,I have personally seen so called Christians, cheat on their spouses and involved in 419, so please let’s stop using that term ‘fears God” loosely. These people continue to play us for fools because we continue to fall for their “foolery”.

I have said it before and I will say it again we need to stop recycling politicians that includes Buhari and his sick self that needs to step down and Fayose as well. If Fayose should become president then our problems shall continue not get better, We need to let this people know we mean business and that means saying No to bad governance. We are not doing “patch patch” with our leadership no longer.

8. Ms. Lurve

June 18, 2017 at 2:29 pm

The banter between CovertNigerian & *nene up there is everything. I like how both had opposing views but did not resort to insulting each others fathers. Very mature! There is hope for Nigeria yet.

**Plot twist**

They are both the same person….. ???I kid, I kid.

9. Pragmatic Nigerian

June 19, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Fayose pretty much admitted he relies on federal allocation and was unable to do anything creative to boost the state’s igr. He is definitely a good politician, not a good leader/manager. I am Yoruba, and i will not be voting for you sir.

Signed