Today BN TV interviewed top Nollywood actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, a day before the grand premiere of her comeback film Alter Ego.
Before we bring you the full interview, we’ve decided to share 5 things we found quite interesting during the chat with the movie star.
- The actress revealed that music is still on the table, as she wants to make music like that of Barbra Streisand, she also said her last album was released in 2010 and she is due to release another as she had promised earlier on in her career to release an album every five years. She hopes to one day have a residency – like Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez recently had – in Las Vegas.
- The reason why she took a break from acting was because she needed to find herself as she wasn’t getting the kind of movies she wanted to do, and didn’t want to string herself along.
- Before her 3-year hiatus, Omotola also said she had shot about four films that were scheduled to be released during her break but due to unforeseen circumstances they weren’t. She explained that she didn’t plan to go cold turkey and leave her fans hanging.
- The sex scenes in Alter Ego according to the star actress were a bit tedious and uncomfortable after many retakes, contrary to people’s beliefs that sex scenes in movies are fun to do.
- She had gotten two scripts from the movie director Moses Inwang she turned down prior to Alter Ego which she immediately fell in love with because of the refreshing angle and the strong message it was passing across about PTSD.
If you missed the interview with Omotola, it has been saved to our story on our Instagram (@bellanaijaonline) for the next 24 hours (from 4PM WAT, Thursday, July 6, 2017). Head over and watch!