Scoop

Lagos Flood: What OAP Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi said that Caused a Stir on Social Media

BellaNaija.com

Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi

As the rains got heavy this past week, parts of Lagos became flooded, the worst being on Saturday.

The Victoria Island, Lekki, Ikoyi, and Victoria Garden City areas of the state were the worst hit.

The areas are locally referred to as “The Island” which is also used to describe the highbrow part of the state.

Across social networks, several persons decried the poor state of the state’s posh areas, criticising residents for portraying luxury, but living in flooded areas.

On Air Personality Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi gave a response to the critics. She wrote on Snapchat:

1. Xyno

July 10, 2017 at 8:49 am

She’s not very smart is she? Well just like 95% of the OAP’s on radio in Lagos what with their very fake and annoying foreign accents which it seems is all they have to offer. Most times I just turn off the radio when I’m in my car cos I get so let down by the intellectual content this guys spew out. Its dumb, its sickening, its Gbemiesque. Sad thing is Gbemi as a press woman has a voice, a platform to call for better governance from the government, help demand for better be it security, electricity, and basic infrastructure, yet she decides to defend the faux posh lifestyle of the island folks by joining in this stupid mainland vs island banter. And that line of 24hrs pharmacy in operation in lekki phase 1 alone almost killed me three times over. Really Gbemi? Really? What are you? 6? Would have gone full Olomofin on you this morning but I dey fast. Lol. 24hrs pharmacy fall on you.

• Nuna

July 10, 2017 at 9:28 am

I absolutely agree. Sometimes Gbemi talks through her a**. So three 24hr pharmacies is now something to brag about? People are talking of REAL development to actually better lives of the masses and she’s here spewing nonsense. SMH

• The Real Oma

July 10, 2017 at 9:58 am

Actually, i wouldn’t go so hard on Gbemi on this one. Truth is many Lagosians have taken this flooding thing to a whole new level, using it as an opportunity to make jest of/insult people who live on the island. It is almost like they are happy it happened so the ‘posh’ people can suffer. I have seen comments of people gloating over the suffering of the ‘pompous’ island people, like you, you just described them as “faux posh lifestyle ”
      Well newsflash, not every body who lives on the island has money.
      And yes, some of the richest Nigerians live here
      And yes, some of us chose to live here for convenience and safety! I live in Ikoyi and there are very few areas in Lagos i can live in without an iron barricade on my door, and no i am not rich, not by any stretch of the imagination. I also walk to my office!
      And lastly, we cannot all live on the mainland! The mainland and in fact the whole of Lagos is already overpopulated, imagine what would happen if everyone on the island move to the mainland?
      Let us be a bit more kind in our responses, even the rich deserve sympathy. I am sure it is comments like i have described above that got to Gbemi.

• Ross

July 10, 2017 at 10:23 am

How do you know what I was thinking, re:going Olomofin on her this morning.
      Her saying people have an inferiority complex over living on the mainland shows serious lack of judgement and a pretentiousness I didn’t realise.
      We’re now assuming living on the island is better than living on the mainland??? Really??? In 2017 a grown woman can imply that? When there’s proof of otherwise.
      No electricity, bad water, no gutters and you’re paying 40% more in rent but feel superior?
      Dumb girl Gbemi …dumb dumb dumb.

• S

July 10, 2017 at 11:22 am

Gbemi see ur life?:

This is why we cannot have any sensible engagement in Nigeria.

Look at this one now – an OAP whom you would expect to have sense. Someone who has OAP-ed for more than a decade. Her best analysis of the flood drowning people’s property in Lekki, and white men going on a kayak trip around Victoria Island, is to start this disgraceful mind-numbing comparison of The Island vs. The Mainland.

She represents Press. These are people who should speak or write to condemn government’s lack of interest and lack of urban sophistication in the state. But for bants, let’s just make this about Mainland complex.

How daft.

I can never understand these things. This idea of I-am-better-than-my-neighbour that we enable from our generator to our cars to our shoes to our fake hair to where we live and where we go on vacation.

You are a Nigerian, everywhere you turn is underdevelopment.

What is wrong with us?

Nothing makes you superior in a country where you provide your own drinkable water and where you have no control over what rain does to your property. It doesn’t matter where you live. You are inferior regardless.

This is like gorillas fighting in the zoo, when there’s an entire wild to explore.

From Mainland to Island, it’s a dirty, ugly, underdeveloped, unsophisticated story. So what are we gloating about? That we can wear Louboutin regardless of the flood OR we can afford to replace the disaster of the flood on our furniture faster than the next man?

There’s no flood where I live… but there’s no light, no water, the roads have gullies, the town could be better managed but it is not. All the parks have been sold and money squandered by old men. It’s the same story even in the richest parts of Banana Island.

So what does it matter if there isn’t flood on the mainland and why should it ever deteriorate to a conversation about inferiority complex?

When are we going to properly ENGAGE one another for the purpose of making our country and living conditions better?

I’m tired.

Joy Bewaji

• nene+

July 10, 2017 at 11:23 am

Gbemi took the silliest?? crown on social media! What a wanna be comment? Didn’t know she is this empty?! Sad. Coming from an OAP

• Temi

July 10, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Mehnn, bro or is it sis Xyno!! Looooll!!! You deep!

• Nanya

July 11, 2017 at 8:36 am

Guess she’s feeling a bit insecure inspite of her So-called Island Status….

• Nneoma Ukabam

July 23, 2017 at 7:21 pm

All these many many you wrote is totally of no sense. You come here to insult people who bring others happiness on many levels. Who you help please? Don’t let bitterness consume you.

2. adele

July 10, 2017 at 8:49 am

ugly with a bad atitude sister i sorry for u

• Ema

July 10, 2017 at 10:11 pm

And quite shallow too.
      Is this all her ugly faced, dummy brained self could come up with? Pathetic!!!!

3. Si

July 10, 2017 at 9:00 am

You mind them???

4. Tolu4show

July 10, 2017 at 9:15 am

Gbemi! Gbemi! Gbemi! How many times did I call you? You need to CHILL! Have a glass of wine and just relax. Working up urself for nothing, instead of you to direct your anger at the government. Or better still y’all should sell all the G-wagons on the island and do drainage. Kmt

5. kellyfbaby

July 10, 2017 at 9:40 am

24hr pharmacy?? lol…..Gbemi aint no clever cookie.

6. Ijs

July 10, 2017 at 9:46 am

Is it you that developed the island? Show some humility. I think you see yourself a lot better than you really are

7. AntiGbemi

July 10, 2017 at 9:47 am

Wetin she need 24 hr pharmacy for nau. Shey na to buy abortion tablet under cover of darkness. Surulere born and bred now dey do like she live for Island all her life. Sho!!!!!!!!! Na she get inferiority complex.

• swerve

July 10, 2017 at 11:01 am

Lmao. You are an idiot

8. Josephine

July 10, 2017 at 9:48 am

I understand why she wrote that. I was surprised that rather than outrage with govt or citizen’s neglect and concern for those affected so many on social media were crowing, “Good for you Lekki peeps wanting to form Island big boy and girl.” That shows that jealousy towards their friends, relative and acquaintances had been bubbling beneath the surface just looking for a way out. As if the Mainland is for the poor and the Island for the rich. That’s just not true but anyone with a complex will always distort facts. Personally, I look at anyone who posted that mocking differently now.

• nene

July 10, 2017 at 10:43 am

but island people have been insulting mainland people for years. so maybe it was time to get back, and with a valid point. some people won’t even be friends with a person who lives on the mainland. “i don’t do mainland”.

• Josephine

July 10, 2017 at 12:06 pm

@ Nene, Lol!!!!! Ok, that’s a new one for me. Why don’t they do Mainland, please?

• Corolla

July 10, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Yup, if I had a penny all the times I heard someone say ” don’t do the mainland”…. and it is always the ones that moved there as adults that spew such rubbish.

• Simi

July 10, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Frankly if anyone says I don’t do mainland to you and really means it, they are not worth your friendship

9. S.O

July 10, 2017 at 9:49 am

Gbemi’s comment sounds quite uneducated, i don’t see how having ’24 hr’ pharmacies make the island better but then, maybe pharmacies are her thing…. Jokes aside though, i don’t understand how “the flood” became an island Vs mainland issue. it was quite annoying to see people mocking something that has rendered some people homeless, and crippled quite a number of businesses, that’s quite insensitive…

I don’t know when Lagos became islanders and mainlanders, it’s one lagos and we should all have ONE voice.

• Simi

July 10, 2017 at 11:54 pm

God bless you oh.

They are so many people who live on the ‘island’ who are not even rich.

Okay so laugh at the guy whose Range Rover was wrecked by the flood but can you seriously laugh at his driver who live in that axis for convenience, who lost his mattress that costs 3 months salary. The gari seller who lost her whole stock? The the aboki who didn’t envisage he has to put his stock on higher selves before he closed shop the day before? The Itedo children that may witness another epidemic? Really, can you?

The Nigerian spirit loves to laugh and it gets us through the hardest times, but when lives and livelihoods are involved, I’ll pass.

10. Jide

July 10, 2017 at 9:52 am

Lmfao. Gbemi, are you the one that developed your own beloved island?

• Ese V

July 10, 2017 at 2:13 pm

That is the one that got to me! I live in Lekki and apart from paying my taxes, I don’t see how I directly developed the “Island”, So how do mainland people “develop their mainland”? Is it even their responsibility????

11. ***

July 10, 2017 at 9:56 am

This is the lowest I’ve seen gbemi since the olumofin saga… so you think people on the mainland are impoverished bitter people?! Lol…hideous clown! And I thought she had class… gbemi I looked up to you as a woman of intellect and widom, this piece you uploaded proves otherwise… funny thing is I envy some of my friends’ neighbourhoods on the mainland like omole and gbagada phase 1… I went to a colleague’s introduction last month, her father’s house was in one estate behind ICM… I think peace estate or so…can’t remember but the place was neat and peaceful with so much green

• ***

July 10, 2017 at 11:30 am

Father’s house IS in***

12. ChizzyA

July 10, 2017 at 9:59 am

@Xyno please tune into Smooth 98.1 FM , you would love the station!

13. Halima

July 10, 2017 at 10:03 am

unnecessary talk!

14. Halima

July 10, 2017 at 10:04 am

She just talked as a child would!

15. nene

July 10, 2017 at 10:41 am

it’s island people who have an inferiority complex cuz they look down on anyone who doesn’t live on the island. yet as highbrows at the island is, flood is a major issue. the irony! no highbrow areas abroad have issues like this, but alas, Lagos and Nigeria is always an exception.

16. Xyno

July 10, 2017 at 10:45 am

@Josephine so you can understand why she wrote this? You serious right now? She has a job to inform, educate and enlighten. So you see no issues with her descending to the level of those who turned an otherwise unfortunate incident to a mainland vs island banter slash bragging rights affair. Sorry ma’am I can’t agree with you on this one. There are some things that can’t be defended especially a classless and childish reaction like she put up

• Josephine

July 10, 2017 at 12:15 pm

@ Xyno. I’m afraid I’m very serious about understanding why she wrote it. Gbemi posted in anger which is why I said I get it, not that I could do it. I didn’t react. I just read otherwise normal folk become gloaters and mockers and was put off. Its not my nature to come out blasting but yes, I don’t blame her. People are really messed up and spending crazy money they didn’t budget for because of this disaster and others are laughing at them. When I first moved back I stayed with relatives in GRA. When it was time to get my own place I couldn’t find a place there in my budget and ended up sharing in Lekki till I moved again. Its poor to laugh at anyone when something bad happens to them, sorry.

17. Timi

July 10, 2017 at 11:09 am

The name-calling tho *sigh

With the kind of mindset some people have, they’ll never go past a certain level of financial status and comfort. It’s not a curse. It’s the limit they’ve placed on themselves. So people don’t have the right to live where they can afford to live? If certain people have decided to be wretched and poor in their mind, they shouldn’t have to drag others into that hole.
    Common sense is not common, so I’m not surprised.

The ‘government’ people keep complaining about, is it angels that are in power? We do the worst, when it comes to maintenance, even in our own environs, and we expect the best of everything from everyone else. Common sanitation, we hardly get involved in (we are excited that lagos cancelled the monthly sanitation programme, cos we hardly observe it anyway). We dump refuse and litter the whole streets, and we are expecting the government to clean our butts after our mess.

People will build houses, blocking drainage systems, the government will give notice of demolition, and we’ll still be the ones to complain that they are wicked for doing their job – for doing things that can possible stop disasters like this from happening.

The government has a monumental part to play, no doubt. But they can do little without us. So let’s quit the blame game, and start doing our part.

18. bruno

July 10, 2017 at 11:16 am

gbemi u are too razz.
    I listen to her on the radio sometimes. she brags so much about living on the island.

her and toolz can brag all day about living on the island.

if u hear the way they talk about the island, u will think they are talking about another country.
    its not only her, almost all OAP brag about living on the island. razz behaviour. localness

people who have lived in luxury all their life dont brag about stuff like this. u know urselves.

19. S

July 10, 2017 at 11:16 am

Gbemi gbemi, like I expected better! U r the one with the complex problem bragging about a pharmacy that is not ur business knowing how well Nigerians turn every happening into a joke. If u had small sense u would mobilize and call ur ambode who was at a party this weekend while his state was flooded with another major accident in ojota.

20. S

July 10, 2017 at 11:17 am

Gbemi please read joy bewaji’s apt response to u:
    This is why we cannot have any sensible engagement in Nigeria.

How daft.

You are a Nigerian, everywhere you turn is underdevelopment.

What is wrong with us?

I’m tired.

• Van

July 24, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Finally! This needed to be said, Lagos looks like sh*t even in the richest area. The rich can’t even build proper mansions.

21. Temi

July 10, 2017 at 11:27 am

See owoh /ondo girl forming posh? Egin lokili eating babe forming shawarma

• bruno

July 10, 2017 at 11:33 am

as in eh.
      baba dudu forming snickers chocolate.
      ori and tiro forming Palmers cocoa butter.

22. bruno

July 10, 2017 at 11:30 am

razzo.

her and toolz can brag all day about living on the island.

23. jums jumebs

July 10, 2017 at 11:40 am

I always knew Gbemi was shallow. But this-shallow? She needs to step out of her “Lekki Phase 1000” and see how comfortable people can be on the “mainland”. Too much stupidity for one person…..OAP my a**!

• Sika

July 10, 2017 at 11:59 am

Funny thing is the lekki phase 1 sef is not as expensive as a lot of the estates in GRA – shonibare estate for example. They never leave the island to see how some people on the mainland are living. But the fact is Lagos is one big slum. There are slums on the island and mainland. Finito

• Waffles

July 11, 2017 at 12:06 am

My dear Jums Jumebs, some people have not lived o! GRA is pure class.. The funny thing is, the real money bags live in Ikoyi, GRA, and Banana quietly.

24. Robin Hood

July 10, 2017 at 11:42 am

Now i see why Joro Olumofin said she had cobwebs in some places

25. anon

July 10, 2017 at 11:52 am

Gbemi’s delivery was definitely wrong, but I get where she is coming from.
    A frenemy actually called me over the weekend, not to show concern but to gloat and find out if I was affected by the floods. She was actually laughing over the phone. Saying ‘pele o, I heard island is like Noah ark ? I just smiled and said my estate hasn’t been affected and I don’t even plan on leaving the house this weekend, thank you.
    I get into the office today. Another colleague that lives in Ipaja came gloating and laughing again about the floods. I didn’t even answer him, my colleagues gave a response already.
    Mind you I have been living on the Island since 1989 and I definitely don’t look down on where anyone is living. But I am sincerely tired of ppls silly comments.
    I have a colleague that actually opens his mouth to say in few years or decades to come , we wld wake up and the world island wld be swept away by water. People make such comments and ppl don’t say anything but they are ready to bite off Gbemi.
    Some of us have lived here since childhood, I since the age of 5. Got married and still remained here. Its not a matter of class, but this is were we call home. And some of mainlands ppls comments were insensitive.

• Abi

July 11, 2017 at 12:16 am

,….because fellow Lagosians have uttered the words, ” I don’t do mainland” or “I only cross that bridge to get to the airport” or ” I can’t come because you’re on the mainland” or “I like him/her but mehn I can’t be going to mainland”…………..

26. john

July 10, 2017 at 11:59 am

but on a serious note…why do most black women look like chimpanzees or shemales on fake wigs..no wonder women of other race laugh at you guys behind una back..I ahave seen it happen

27. Pita

July 10, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Obviously she annt d brightest bulb in d room……..

28. No Headaches Please

July 10, 2017 at 12:34 pm

I recall a time that short Igbo guy with the beard who sees himself as a style influencer and owns a website. (I can’t put his name or BN will use it to wrap fufu) rejected an invitation I sent to him for an event on behalf of a brand.

His reason?

“I don’t attend events on the mainland.”

My colleagues spent the rest of the week laughing our hearts out.
    —————————————————–
    Erm, eyin ‘Islanders’ and ‘Mainlanders’, let’s put our fragile egos aside on this one.
    We go through these floods every year and yes, it only gets worse.

No one is sick and tired enough???

Can we use our platforms to petition individually or collectively for our respective LG chairmen to do something?
    What else can we do as communities? Virtual and physical?

Seriously, I’m petrified thinking about what will happen next time it rains.

• Dera

July 10, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Lmao.
      Subtle shade.
      Noble my guy!

• Deb

July 10, 2017 at 1:01 pm

To corroborate your comment, one guy I interviewed years back says he doesn’t come to the mainland to do anything that all the shit goes down on the island. I now asked him if I have a deal for him in saki he won’t come, he replied by saying what good can anyone get from remote villages. People shine your eyes I have clients that are as rich or even richer than dangote, the live normal lives and control empires but no one knows them because they are into businesses people’s eyes are not opened to.

• dav

July 10, 2017 at 2:23 pm

noble igwe

• MurderSheWrote

July 10, 2017 at 2:44 pm

LMAO Noble Igwe the great! That has to be the most pretentious and illiterate statement ever! What did we do to deserve the type of so called celebs we have in this country eh? All of them faux balling, faux big boy, faux big girl. From the gaddam OAPs to the fake actors and actresses, fake musicians, fake stylists and bloggers. All of them on borrowed flex.

• Didi

July 10, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Who is that silly person?

• Golddigger

July 10, 2017 at 3:43 pm

He is still owing a friend of mine after she did the interior decoration for his office and has refused to pay. 3 years and still counting.

• Simi

July 11, 2017 at 12:07 am

Such a weird thing to say given that the only way to leave Lagos, land or air is through the mainland sooooooo…I guess we all do mainland. Cause I for one hate that Epe road.

If not potholes, police or Omo Omole will be harassing someone.

29. Deb

July 10, 2017 at 12:57 pm

When I saw the comment, I just quickly figured how how she thinks. Too bad everyone knows now that she has a low IQ. Rich people are everywhere in Lagos. Lagos island is just like a club of elite put together in ikoyi and lekki. They shouldn’t forget that Lagos island, apongbon, aroloya and the like have people living there and it is also Lagos island.
    Bella naija hasn’t been posting my comments for 6 months now. Change your ways

30. Anon

July 10, 2017 at 12:59 pm

You guys, don’t lie and pretend that the island doesn’t have most of the high brow areas. That’s the nicer part of Lagos with more of the modern blahblah and the expensive houses and the more expensive everything. What Gbemi said was quite uncalled for, but we should also tell ourselves the truth, no need to act like we don’t know that the island is most definitely the upscale part. A lot (not all) of the island flood jokes were definitely coming from a place of jealousy. Gbemi is from money though, isn’t her dad some prince? Nonetheless, Gbemi shouldn’t have said what she did, it sounds very elitist and is uncalled for, and even if her dad does have money, he’s not exactly the richest man

31. BrendaAlfred

July 10, 2017 at 1:03 pm

She spoilt her post with that ”Inferiority Complex” stuff. What Mo Chedda posted was more like it. Any way ,she has just lost a fan today.

32. Sexy O

July 10, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Who 24hr service pharmacy EPP and to believe I was angry with olomofin that year. Most unintelligent thing I have heard this month?

33. Mrs P

July 10, 2017 at 2:12 pm

First, i do hope affected persons got some days off to sort themselves out….this island flood is not a new issue but for some reason, it seems little has been done, bearing in mind it could reoccur, but as usual in Nigeria we are never proactive only reactive to situations. Thank God for sunshine today…..now, bk to Gbemi, even if you have never been to Lagos or do not live in Lagos you will know that Lagos island people always shade mainland people all day, errday, and i no see nybody coming online to vex! So Gbemi needs to check herself and all the people saying mainland friends laughed at them (its proly because you sef de laugh them when they have to wake up by 4am or get robbed going back late………) Yes, some mainland people may have laughed initially but i also believe that did not take away the sympathy everyone felt especially as the videos kept coming and turned out to be ” a very serious something”. Write “essay” to govt and citizens to do the right thing, build in the right places and stop fighting nature cos nature will fight bk stop looking for people to diagnose of inferiority complex. Its very childish and unecessary . ??

• Josephine

July 10, 2017 at 4:31 pm

@ Mrs P, this thread is the first I’m hearing of it. When I was in primary school, my older siblings’ friends would come from Ikoyi to sleep over at our house on the Mainland so they could rock Daniel’s night club. That was the place to be then. I left Nigeria for 20 years and first lived in GRA. No one told me they can’t come to the Mainland. No wonder all this arose. I didn’t understand the glee over the flooding.

• I_I

July 10, 2017 at 5:13 pm

I have a friend that also shades me that I live outside Lagos; I in turn shaded her for living in Oceanview. Its just bants.

34. Sisi

July 10, 2017 at 2:14 pm

How unfortunate. She couldn’t find something relatively reasonable/thoughtful to say like her mate Mocheddah, its her own superiority complex she decided to expose. Honestly education, exposure to the western world etc mean nothing once you enter Nigeria. It becomes a rat race rather than let citizens band together as part of their civic duty to hold their government to account and empower good leaders. This comment from S sums it up perfectly ‘You are a Nigerian, everywhere you turn is underdevelopment’ however some want to be deceiving themselves that they are better off than others. It’s all relative however there is nothing to boast about in Nigeria on the whole whether you have 24 hour pharmacy or not, it’s the same fate you face essentially as a Nigerian. Your exposure to the faillure of the most basic of public goods.

35. Moniker

July 10, 2017 at 2:19 pm

F-U-N-K-E!!!
    Una don bury Gbemi. She dull pass expectation ni sha.
    Mainland vs Island is a thing of the mind. I work on the mainland, it’s only normal to live on same. It applies to the Islanders too. But she didn’t make sense with what she said. Serious sense fall on her. The first guy did a great job on her.

36. sk

July 10, 2017 at 2:21 pm

This is for gbemi…. some opinions should never be posted on social media. Bad choices like this will always do more harm than good. Cheers

37. mars

July 10, 2017 at 2:35 pm

we have 24hrs pharmacy too on the mainland so madam wats your point again.

38. Rosso

July 10, 2017 at 4:16 pm

– be humble…….sit down

39. Jay

July 10, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Wow I never knew living on the island was a thing of class. My sister was transferred from her office to Lagos about 3years ago. Her office is in ikoyi,coming from a town like Calabar where we don’t have traffic and all,we just advised her to get a place close to work. So she got a place in Lekki phase 1 just for proximity nothing else. If her office was in Magodo sure she would have looked for a place close to that axis too. When we heard of the flood we called and luckily her area doesn’t get flooded. All I’m saying is that if staying in Lekki is kind of a thing of class for some people then I believe they haven’t seen life yet and it’s a myopic mentality because really Lagos is expanding and everyone cant be on the mainland. The way town planning was done before is not the way it’s done now maybe that’s why Lekki has a face lift but to be mocking people there when it rains it’s outrageous. Floods happen see the people in Niger state and no one is saying anything it’s now a mainland and island battle?‍♀️

40. Letty

July 10, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Nigerians are to blame they manufacture and put these silly people on pedestals they dont belong..they just happen to land these jobs because of connections…they are mostly clueless when we stop elevating them everyone will come down to earth and stop believing their own stupid hype…some want to venture to hollywood and become barbara streisand I mean nija stupidity does not have an equal…

41. Mousee

July 10, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Is Obalende not Island too? I wonder though, how many of these people who go on and on about Island have been to Magodo Phase 2, Shonibare Estate, Magodo Brooks??? How many? Because if they have I bet they will think differently. Y’all need to stop this nonsense!

42. No Headaches Please

July 10, 2017 at 5:47 pm

@Deb when you wrote ‘because they are into businesses people’s eyes are not opened to…’ I swear my ears did joyful cartwheels. ?

Care to expatiate? #entrepreneurgoals #Billionairemindset ??

43. o

July 10, 2017 at 7:22 pm

I have heard lots of Lekki ppl say they never cross the bridge (3rd mainland) for anything except going to the airport. So it’s easy for them to assume the best n poshest houses are on the island. Looking at mainland ppl with poor eyes. You need to leave your island n visit other places and see equally posh houses. It is only a child who has not visited anothers father’s farm that says his father’s farm is the biggest.

44. jide

July 10, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Gbemi olobo clearance sale. Shut up make we hear word

• funmilola

July 10, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Razz Jide!

• Abi

July 11, 2017 at 12:24 am

Haaaaaaaaa! I can’t stand the cow but you bad gaaaaan!!!!!!!

45. anonymous

July 11, 2017 at 12:28 am

What do you expect from her when we are not discussing bbl

46. Deyemi

July 11, 2017 at 9:45 am

Miss Gbemi…most shades in Naija is part of fun, live, laugh and move on. It’s only an insecured person that will whine about it for too long and to come online as an OAP and rant about it, lame! Next..shouldn’t you be concerned about a 24 hour phamarcy in a flooded zone…? Next…you people are the reasons why there is so much bants everywhere because you leave your jobs as OAPs and join in the silly social media drama. You guys are meant to be social influencers, opinion leaders and resourceful to aiding national development…Itesiwaju Eko…

47. Olawale Adeteye

July 11, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Gbemi allowed egotism and pride to cloud her view. Remember, pride is before a crash. Class distinction will not help gbemi. Cloth urself with humility.