BN TV

How much is too much for a friend’s Wedding? Watch a New Episode of “The Wrap Up with Toolz”

BN TV

Damilola Adegbite and Ariyike Akinbobola join Toolz to analyse what is fair in terms of spending for a friend’s wedding.

Watch as they compare and contrast stories of friends who will make you spend too much on their special day.

1. Bee

July 5, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Really this wedding thing is ridiculous, i just concludedmy wedding and i didnt have a bridal train and no asoebi, i only had my closest friends wear the same dress and it was just 15k i made zero naira from it because i understand.
    Another wedding i attended my friend picked asoebi 12k, then for her main wedding asoebi was 25k, i donated for bridal shower 15k, and bought bridal dress from peridot abt 40k excluding shoes, sewing,hair,makeup etc and realised i spent over 100k AH wouldnt it have been better if i gave her the money in cash. SInce then i decided if you aremt My main girl and your asoebi is beyond 20k dont worry im not interested. Prices are ridiculous these days 35k,50k KILODE

• Puzzles

July 5, 2017 at 4:26 pm

They are using the money they gained to pay for the wedding.

I recall a wedding i attended. The bride sold the aso-ebi for 50k. One rubblish material that is less than 20k in the market. People who bought the aso-ebi had paid for it before they saw the material. They were so mad. Some eventually didn’t even wear the aso-ebi to the wedding.

Why should you use your wedding day to extort from people?

2. Puzzles

July 5, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Toolz speaks so well!!! This is the first time i’m listening to her. Love this show

3. Baby gurl

July 5, 2017 at 4:27 pm

I spent in total, N197,000 for my friend’s wedding back in April. Here is the breakdown:

Air Transport Fare to and fro Lagos & Abuja
    Bridesmaid dress
    2 different Engagement Aso-Ebi (We had to express both tribes of bride and groom)
    Bridal Shower “Costume”
    Silver shoe that was mandatory for all bridesmaids
    Bridesmaid jewelry
    Hair and makeup for engagement and wedding proper
    Contribution towards Bridal Shower gift
    Transportation and feeding within Abuja as I came from Lagos and had to “uber” from place to place

Luckily, I had a cousin’s Bach Pad to camp in for the entire “4-day” duration of the festivities if not hotel bills would have just hammered me to the wall.

My thoughts: I have never been a bride but I don’t understand the idea of a bride being oblivious to the costs her bridesmaids have to bear. I for one would rather only have my sister be my only bridesmaid if I cannot afford (at the time I would get married) to foot the bills of all my bridesmaids. I mean it. If my money cannot buy everything for my bridesmaids, I would have one bm, my sis. And I think I had no choice in showing up for the wedding because it’s a 9-year friendship and I could not bear the relationship going south because of money. But my mum keeps reminding me that nobody put a gun to my head lol. I guess so, BUT! Anyways I would have appreciated if my friend, the bride offered to help with some costs but she didn’t offer and I didn’t have the guts to ask. They say brides are always angry lol and I felt she already had enough expenses to cover to fulfill her fairytale wedding dreams.

• o

July 5, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Yorubas say ‘a o le fi itiju ko arun’ meaning we can’t because of shame go and carry disease. 9 years friendship is even small. And if truly she’s your friend, it’s not fair to demand so much. If any one should be understanding it should be our so called friends. I agree with your mum, you should have politely refused, and people are rather inconsiderate. How can you have your friends wears two different aso ebi at your traditional wedding??? Na wa o. You had a choice, you just couldn’t embrace it. I personally would have refused. That’s some peoples salary gone in one single weekend…. Pele

• Lola

July 5, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Ur mum is right.kilode its tooo Much

• ema

July 6, 2017 at 6:27 am

Half the time the money spent doesnt even show. That was an extremely selfish bride.

Well i guess the money dey una hand well well and i dont even feel sorry for you. Bridal shower costume ko, dancing costume ni.

4. Bolu

July 5, 2017 at 4:33 pm

They talked about the trends with tones of disdain, yet they succumbed to the pressure of doing those i their time. They sound like high school seniors, talking about how they did the silly things that juniors also did. Point……

5. Corolla

July 5, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Asoebi and all those things don’t move me. I don’t feel guilty neither can I be guilt tripped into buying rubbish. I simply don’t do them, and my friends know this. If I am a bridesmaid, I only pay for the bridesmaids dress and I use my old shoes and accessories. Anyone paying for crap to participate in someone else’s wedding has themselves to blame. No one is forcing you na.

• Gbogbo Bigz Girlz

July 5, 2017 at 9:36 pm

You just spoke my mind!

6. Mahka

July 5, 2017 at 6:35 pm

After spending all that money, they won’t show up for yours but will come up with excuses like ‘ babe, belly don big o’, ‘ my third son has ear infection’, ‘ chai nne, calabar far o, hubby no go too gree’… I learnt my lesson.

• Just Playing

July 5, 2017 at 7:56 pm

How many time you wan marry madam? ? just joking?

7. Mahka

July 5, 2017 at 6:42 pm

After spending all that money, they won’t show up for yours but will come up with excuses like ‘ babe, belly don big o, or agadi nwanyi na asoebi kwa’, ‘ my third son has ear infection’, ‘ chai nne, calabar far o, hubby no go too gree’….I learnt my lesson.

8. Nene

July 5, 2017 at 6:51 pm

This show is pointless and boring.

9. Jenna

July 7, 2017 at 8:43 am

The pressure is high!

10. Fabric Seller

July 11, 2017 at 4:38 pm

I sell fabrics and I have had several brides contact me looking for asoebi of N10k per person. My immediate reply is I can give you a good deal depending on the quantity you are ordering but will never sell you fabrics less than N15k per person because with social media I don’t want people harshtag my brand with poor / cheap looking fabrics.

They tell me I have collected only N25k from people we have to make some profit too now reduce small for us. I tell them people are buying to support you, don’t make profit off them.

They use your money to buy gifts for you.. How is that a gift???

BRIDES: If you collect N25k for asoebi at least spend N23K on the asoebi use the remain money as courier delivery cost..

11. Big lips

July 14, 2017 at 2:37 pm

I think toolz is pregnanat!