Scoop

Must Watch Trailer! Bimbo Akintola, Yemi Blaq & Kalu Ikeagwu Star in “Fruitful”

BellaNaija.com

Fruitful is a romantic drama that follows the lives of three couples and the different ways they navigate through the challenges that come with starting up a family.

This movie explores the challenges, the joy and all the drama that accompany the issue of conception in our modern society.

Fruitful stars Bimbo Akintola, Yemi Blaq, Kalu Ikeagwu, Chucks Chyke, Gloria Obinna and many others. The film was produced by Chidinma Bolu, directed by Dimbo Atiya and Fortune Kezi.

Watch

1. Agu

July 8, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Nollywood need to upgrade there moving making concept. who is going to the theater to watch this lol. Some Good nollywood movies have being coming out since 2015 like wedding crasher, 76, Dinner, The meeting, okafors law, ghana must go, lotanna and etc. let us continue with the trend not going backwards with this type of movie here.

• Bolaji

July 8, 2017 at 9:48 pm

It is “their” not “there.” People will take you more seriously when you upgrade your grammar. Was Wedding Crasher a Nollywood film? ? If you consider 76, Dinner, The Meeting, Okafor’s Law, Ghana Must Go progress, then you are a part of the problem with Nollywood.

• David

July 8, 2017 at 11:01 pm

BOLAJI! BOLAJI! BOLAJI! See how many times I yelled your name? Read all your comments on Nollywood this week (with a snicker). Support NOLLYWOOD, praise “acclaimed” NOLLYWOOD films, filmmakers and actors to high heaven’s or be damned! ??

• Jade Edo babe

July 9, 2017 at 1:58 pm

The movies you mentioned are still average. I slept off watching wedding crasher, it was just hyped for no reason nothing thrilling about it. We need more substantial stories line, why stupid redundant romance all the time.
      There are few movies like last flight to Abuja that was impressive. I liked this movie with Rita Dominic, can’t remember the name. Some of kunle Afoloyan’s movies are good even the ones done in Yoruba.
      Yemi blaq and Bimbo Akintola are too talented for this low movie.

2. Awesome

July 8, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Which Cinema will agree to show this kind movie abeg?

3. Letty

July 9, 2017 at 1:28 am

Agu ..nollywood need to upgrade their moving making…y

You lost credibility with that illiterate comment. Nollywood is doing their best. Must we compare everything with American movies..that spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a movie. Why must America always be you guys’ yardstick? Inferiority complex and a slave mentality…as long as the storyline is engaging and authentic…that is all that matters…give me my chiwetalu agu, pete eneh, bruno iwuoha movies and i am good to go…authentic native deep movies..all this forcing oyibo is stupid and silly and the irony is that the whities go to Africa for authenticity and character…I’ve lived in America for decades trust me it is highly overrated….

• Agu

July 9, 2017 at 1:47 am

i love nollywood movies thats all i watch. my point is the need to make some of the movie have quality production.

• Bolaji

July 9, 2017 at 9:51 am

Letty, Letty, Letty, you cannot make comments like that with that ‘oyibo’ photo….

No one compared anything with America except you. No one said anything about working with ‘oyinbo’ except you. Makes you sound like you have an inferiority complex and equates Nigerian to inferior quality. I see your slave mentality 🙂 Or are you a Nollywood producer venting because your work was criticised?

Brazil, Mexico, Korea have great cinema. Local stories, local actors.. What do they do that most people in Nollywood do not do? Learn how to and execute it properly.

Local stories, local actors, we have those. If we can combine that with great technical quality, and by that I do not mean importing the latest camera, Nollywood will get better. Go look at Roti, Afolayans latest film, I was there. The camera work by Yinka Edwards is brilliant. The directing, lets the film down. Kate Henshaw was good because she is experienced enough. The script, full of holes. Imagine if all of those different elements had worked? For a minute or to, ask your ego for permission to consider that possibility ‘Letty.’

• Bolaji

July 9, 2017 at 10:10 am

No, Letty, we must simply try to make good quality movies without obvious errors. Only person bringing up Oyinbo or America is you. Or are you saying Nigerians by default cannot produce good quality? Why do we do it so well in sciences, literature, music or even scrabble?

4. Agu

July 9, 2017 at 1:45 am

@bolaji Sorry English is not my first langauge my real language is igbo when i make mistake in igbo language pls correct me.

• No Headaches Please

July 9, 2017 at 2:39 am

Then please convey your comments in Igbo or whatever YOU feel comfortable with.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

And BN will not bar your comment, unless they are feeling extra boujie.

They’ll term it ‘cultural inclusion’ but in English of course. ?*wipes tears

I haven’t caught the Nollywood wave, maybe some day or maybe never.

I’m curious though Agu, if you’re on a steady diet of Nollywood, ”that’s all I watch”, do you not entertain any fears about the resultant state of your IQ?

5. Victor Adegoke

July 9, 2017 at 8:08 am

Nollywood is trying, but they need to improve.

6. Bowl

July 9, 2017 at 8:26 am

@No headache please. , Nollywood may not meet up with even. Bollywood standards but greatest attraction to Nigerian s and other blacks all over the world is its peculiar Nigerian flavor. Recently I wondered why most of the movies shown on African magic epic are plotted along same theme. And as you know the movies sell so well in the Caribbeans..I realized one thing, They show life basically as it in Africa. Religion and superstition are very rife. If people pass through tough times they should be able to meet light at the end of their tunnel s. Etc.I .Any attempt at producing high grade Hollywood by Nollywood usually meets with poor sales. I think producers. should pay careful attention to our own stories and produce them without altering the flavor. And then again, We should stop using Hollywood as the yardstick. In life you can give only what you have..We have a strong population of about 180 million people .This is enough to keep our hold on world movie market. Need I inform you that Nollywood movies outsells Hollywood these daysi in Nigeria.This means one thing., Nigerians are identifying with their unique flavor. I for one have no love for any form of Western validation. I know better grade movies are shown on African magic Showcase but I still prefer African magic Epic.It has not decreased my IQ. The better productions tend not to have our flavor that’s all. You may wonder why Chimanda Adichie is doing so well. It is because she came as she is. I rest my case here

• Bolaji

July 9, 2017 at 9:43 am

Cinema was not invented in Nigeria. We are learning. The idea that Nigerians are so backward that if you combine a good script with great technical quality, they wont watch the film says that you have a lower expectation from Nigeria.

We produce good authors. Chimamanda, Chibundu can sit on any stage anywhere with their writing. Our music, look at Fela and Wizkid. Whatever you thunk of their work, they are doing something that passes the technical quality test of whatever industry they are in. Tell Nigerian stories, but tell them well. Most Nigerians who go t the cinema pay to watch Hollywood films. They still do not see Nollywood as worth paying much for….. Think about that! Or are you simply saying you do not want our industry to grow.

7. Bowl

July 9, 2017 at 8:27 am

Meant it’s greatest attraction

8. Nene

July 9, 2017 at 9:10 am

What is this?

9. Bolaji

July 9, 2017 at 9:53 am

Can someone explain to me why some comments are posted automatically and some are moderated?

10. No Headaches Please

July 9, 2017 at 10:39 am

@Bowl/Bolaji et al.

I strongly suggest that you read for the purpose of truly understanding and not for the purpose of creating long-winded epistles to justify your personal inclinations.

I do not watch Nollywood.
    It’s a personal choice.

Just the same way, you choose the type of car you drive, toothpaste etc.
    It’s called a choice.
    And nothing in your long-winded epistle even ignites the most minute desire to do so.
    Choice.

No where in my brief comment did I say, I had anything against Nollywood.
    Perhaps you need to read those few sentences carefully again or simply ask for clarity?

Lastly, just in case you’re not aware a steady diet of anything, exclusive of any other nutrients, is dangerous to health.

With that as a premise, I believe you will understand my last comment which was directed to AGU… not you.

If you’re still clueless, I’m afraid there’s nothing more I can do as I am interpreting my earlier comment at the most elementary level.

What YOU can do is direct your angst wherever you feel it may make impact, certainly not at me.

• Bolaji

July 9, 2017 at 10:44 am

Er, I am not a fan of Nollywood so I have no angst on its behalf. Read my comments carefully before you reply! 🙂 I was replying to ‘Bowl’ not you! But the comments clearly made an impact because you gave us a gospel back. Thank you for the laughter ‘No Headaches Please.’ Bwahaha!

11. No Headaches Please

July 9, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Ah Bolaji my apologies, your comment just seemed like the same tripe.
    But like I always say, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that mf up and WEAR it.

• Bolaji

July 9, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Right back at ya.

12. No Headaches Please

July 9, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Coming from you that’s hella FUNNY. ???????

• Bolaji

July 9, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Is it? Do tell. I wanna laugh too…. 🙂

13. Bowl

July 9, 2017 at 2:16 pm

@Bolaji and No headaches, we are basically saying the same thing.Let Nollywood produce our stories well without unnecessary bleaching of its flavor in a bid to attract the attention of Hollywood. Perhaps our producers need another training in retaining this flavor in their productions.

14. Bowl

July 9, 2017 at 2:24 pm

And I am not in any way promoting mediocrity here. Hollywood by Nollywood typically describes the better quality Nollywood which doesn’t do well in the Nigerian market. One of very good productions is Kunle Afolayan’s October 1(with all the Nigerian trimmings) but 30days in Atlanta eclipsed it. Not like I don’t know both movies belong to 2 different genres.
    @No headaches I cannot deal with a monkey forming posh !

15. Bowl

July 9, 2017 at 2:25 pm

One of such very good productions,excuse my typos

• Bolaji

July 9, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Nah Bowl, my point is always, tell whatever story you want to tell but use the right techniques. If you do not understand it, hire people who do as one person cannot be good at everything. Our ‘veterans’ in Nollywood still do not get that and continuously churn out sub standard product , then attack you and claim they are more authentically Nigerian if you call it out. I disagree that to be Nigerian is to be sub-standard.

16. No Headaches Please

July 9, 2017 at 2:44 pm

@BOWL

Lmao @’monkey forming posh’ That the best you could come up with?????

For you to have to result to insults as a ‘supposed’ adult lollll, takes a lot from your arguement.

But if it makes you feel better, please keep the insults flowing. Did you cry when you wrote that? Was snot dribbling from your nostrils into your mouth? ?????????

Next time when you see a comment directed CLEARLY at one person, keep your snout in place.

I’ve got lunch to eat and other posts to comment on this blog.
    Ciao!

PS: Keep the insults flowing, it will keep you busy I guess *Kanye shrug

17. tunmi

July 9, 2017 at 3:28 pm

This is not a good trailer.

BN, how about bringing us the trailer for “Children of the Mud”

18. Nv

July 9, 2017 at 4:04 pm

I haven’t watched the trailer but the movie poster looks so dated, like Nollywood of 2005, and from the comments here, I didn’t miss anything.

19. funmilola

July 9, 2017 at 10:42 pm

The movie poster looks like it was made for “super story” or “this life”