News

This Project by a Bayelsa Lawmaker is causing a stir on Twitter NG

BellaNaija.com

This Project by a Bayelsa Lawmaker is causing a stir on Twitter A member of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly Kate Owoko launched an “ultramodern” floating latrine for her constituents in Okoti-Ama and Oweidei-Ama.

The lawmaker invited the press to the launch and photos are circulating the internet.

A Facebook group Kate Owoko Youth Network (KOYN) which is dedicated to the lawmaker, shared photos from the launch.

See the photos below:

This Project by a Bayelsa Lawmaker is causing a stir on Twitter This Project by a Bayelsa Lawmaker is causing a stir on Twitter This Project by a Bayelsa Lawmaker is causing a stir on Twitter This Project by a Bayelsa Lawmaker is causing a stir on Twitter This Project by a Bayelsa Lawmaker is causing a stir on Twitter This Project by a Bayelsa Lawmaker is causing a stir on Twitter

The photos have garnered buzz on Twitter, with users criticizing the lawmaker for embarking on the project.

See the posts below:

Photo Credit: Facebook – Kate Owoko Youth Network (KOYN)

1. nwa nna

July 24, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Ultra modern?! Ha! More like floating caca..

2. CovertNigerian

July 24, 2017 at 3:56 pm

My people, what will it take?! When will enough truly be enough? How is it that people came out to celebrate such an egregious insult? Na we dey do ourselves o!

We truly need to start demanding more. Demanding, not asking. I’m tired.

3. zzzzzzzzzzz

July 24, 2017 at 5:00 pm

LOL honestly this is so funny, and where would the waste of this toilet go, into the lagoon I guess,……………….Cholera. I am very sure the Law maker is not schooled. I don’t even blame her I blame the women dancing.

4. Olivia

July 24, 2017 at 5:23 pm

If she and her entire family can use it, or if they have a similar one in their house, then ok. If not, then this is rather sad.

5. MadamYe...

July 24, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Only God knows how much was really budgeted for this ‘Ultra modern’ whatever it is.

I’m soo embarrassed – the local women are rejoicing because they know no better, To them this is ‘Ultra modern’ pile of crap. They’ve been sold a dream, but they deserve so much more.

I love Nigeria my country, but I weep inside…

6. Diamond

July 24, 2017 at 5:43 pm

This lawmaker is an idiot!

7. Dr.N

July 24, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Ultra modern???
    O ga aju!
    Has she ever boarded an airplane? Or even heard of Google?
    There is so much money in Bayelsa but the common man can only access it by dancing behind politicians
    E.g. this Madam ultra- modern floating latrine

8. Pipi

July 24, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Guys calm down! It’s the terrain. These areas are by Thea sea and suffer when the tide is high. So even thier houses can’t be block house because of the water. The best bet for now it these structures of corrugated sheets on stick. Infact that what they know and insist they want. Infact I had designed a wonderful housing project to to deployed in one of the communities and the women shut it down and wanted these very structures, the donors could not understnad it because of the reputational issues

• Muse

July 24, 2017 at 8:05 pm

And so shitting in the river, causing pollution and damaging aqua life is the best way? Funny thing is, this particular river might be their only source of drinkable water and source of livelihood. Imagine eating fish filled with human poo… Oghene Biko

• Sakura

July 24, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Excuse me pipi, is Venice on Mars???? Please I beg you stop all this talk of zinc on plank in 2017!!! Please Pipi, let’s aspire to more and say NO to stupidity.

• godwin

July 24, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Are you listening to yourself? Pls,tell me this sarcasm in play here!

9. LemmeRant

July 24, 2017 at 7:24 pm

@CoverNigerian

Enough will be enough when those shameless old people start having sense.

Look at their age and look at their behaviour. How will people like that ever get treated right, when they’re this gullible?

You need to have lived in the ghetto to understand what I mean. The way they think is sooooo appalling. You’d always want to throw up when you hear them argue. They lack basic logic, critical thinking, they cannot make points without adding sentiments or starting a tribal war.
    They can’t see past the 5 naira you put in their front and they’re ready to throw away theirs and their children’s future just for that 5 naira.

Sometimes I wonder how I share the same country with these people.
    Come next elections this same people will still go and vote those useless politicians and fight for them tooth and nail as if their lives depends on it.

10. Muse

July 24, 2017 at 7:59 pm

We deserve the leaders we get o jare, the lady had the guts to put her name over the ultra modern project and women came out with their best “George” to dance and spray powder.

Whenever we wake up from our illiteracy induced sleep, we’ll demand for our rights, but until then, gear 2 loading..

11. Bowl

July 24, 2017 at 8:12 pm

You mean this is what a human being with living brain cells could come up with. I weak! Pls vote for restructuring so that our leaders will have a fore taste of the word leadership.Except they want the people to boil them for breakfast !

12. ***

July 24, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Honestly, my dog’s cage is better than this
    Sad

13. Lala

July 24, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Well isn’t it clear that not the whole of naija is wavy. The people dancing around the toilet are satisfied. Because this toilets have met their needs. You know where they’ll be voting next….

So there is work to be done. Pls tell your peoples in the village never to rejoice over the crumbs given to them from their own bread

14. Liz

July 24, 2017 at 10:37 pm

Wickedness in high places! Madam do u use pit latrine in your house. Why are you so mean to your own people and they still came out to celebrate you bcos of what. You likely gave them some money so that you can publicise it as an accomplishment. Clap for yourself ma. Your children will feel sorry for you with this bashing you are getting on social media bcos you didn’t know it will turn out this way. SMH

15. Jane(the real Jane)

July 25, 2017 at 7:02 am

Illiteracy…. The people don’t know what they worth….so sad…so water closet will not work in this terrain or what…..I’m just tired of Nigeria

16. Rexy

July 25, 2017 at 7:38 am

I just feel like crying with this so called project. May God help us Amen.

17. Til

July 25, 2017 at 9:18 am

Corruption in high places. God is watching.

18. GANNY OGUNSHAKIN

July 25, 2017 at 1:50 pm

My people perish because of lack of knowledge. This moron of a representative ( Kate Owoko ) has managed to encourage, promote and embraced pollution with this project. Questions everybody should be asking her is, how much does this project cost her. Secondly, exactly how much did she bill the Bayelsa State government for this display of stupidity? Thirdly, someone should ask her to come and demonstrate to her constituents how it works genuinely. Just my opinion. A word is enough for the wise. I’m just saying

19. Robin Hood

July 25, 2017 at 3:36 pm

A nation nay community deserves the leadership it gets

20. caroline