News

“If they say I raped, that’s a different matter”- Senator Bukar Ibrahim on viral video

BellaNaija.com

Senator Bukar Ibrahim

Former Yobe governor and serving senator (Yobe East) Bukar Ibrahim has reacted to a viral video of him in an alleged sexual affair with two ladies.

He responded in an exclusive interview with Premium Times.

The short video showed him wearing his clothes, and two unknown ladies in the room.

He says it’s his private life and he hasn’t committed any crime since no one accused him of rape.

However, the lady who sent in the video said she did so after a female high school student allegedly went missing after having an affair with him.

He mentioned that he knew one of the ladies was filming, but he was told it was for fun and also to illuminate the room.

He concluded that he will investigate the matter, as he is sure it is a case of blackmail.

He said:

This is a personal, private matter. What does my having been with a girl have to do with the public?

You know the normal thing: people ask for unreasonable things, and if you deny them, they try to blackmail you if they have a way.

If they say I raped, that’s a different matter altogether. Is it because I am a public official then I am not supposed to be entitled to private life?

They just mentioned it to me as a joke and I took it as nothing really serious. This is something that happened between two adults.

I have commenced investigations to find out why it is circulating, but from all indications, it is a blackmail.

1. Critique

July 3, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Wow!

• ND babe

July 4, 2017 at 3:41 am

Sir, you being with a girl has everything to do with your public life because in your public life you instituted sharia, which prohibits prostitution. In the video you were engaged in prostitution. You are guilty of imposing standards even you could not keep. It is gist for everyone. Stop whinning and take it like a man.

• Jezebel

July 4, 2017 at 10:14 am

No sir you were not with a girl, you were with 2 girls! Kinky much ? Hypocrite all over.

• kiki

July 4, 2017 at 11:11 am

If it happened in a developed country he would resign but welcome to NAIJA. Mr public figure it is the publics business. Our tax pays your bills

2. Adanne Ogugua

July 3, 2017 at 10:05 pm

After his robust reply i believe that all Nigerian politicians will use this answer.
    He does not give a damn.
    His wife was a member of the house & a politician too.
    I respect the fact that he did not lie & did not give in to blackmail.
    As for the 10 naira ladies filming him, I have a question for them? Did he not pay you?
    Ya ci be biya bane?

3. Californiabawlar

July 3, 2017 at 10:07 pm

Ok now. Nigeria! See your life on the outside? This is a sharia law enforcer and his wife is a minister ko?
    It’s so sad it’s hilarious at this point.

• Lily

July 3, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Lol… If he appears in the sharia court, which of his three legs will be chopped off?

• Leah

July 3, 2017 at 11:29 pm

I swear I was going to say he is right. All three are consenting adults and the only person whose problem it is is his wife who he is cheating on. Then I remembered that this is the same self-righteous Sharia law hypocrite who wants to enforce his believes on others through violence, while he hides in his closet of shame. I say cut off all three legs.

4. horpsy

July 3, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Am Speechless

5. funmilola

July 3, 2017 at 10:26 pm

I’m not surprised……at all!

6. funmilola

July 3, 2017 at 10:27 pm

I’m not surprised, at all!

7. O

July 3, 2017 at 11:05 pm

But seriously were we expecting him to deny? He was caught pants down. He can only use bold face (ogboju) to escape

• ema

July 4, 2017 at 5:30 am

I think that’s his strategy. Alailojuti. Sharia my foot. Bloody islamic heathen.
      He should be judged according to his sharia.

8. Mama

July 3, 2017 at 11:20 pm

You have to admit he has a point. Public officials are not exactly held to a high moral standard in Nigeria. The people he is representing don’t see anything wrong with what he is doing and he is a Muslim so he can vex and marry the girls. Abeg leave Senator make he chop country.

9. Bad

July 3, 2017 at 11:20 pm

The video was actually funny…the picture of his saggy stomach covering his groin…lmfao! And the way he was sluggishly putting on his clothes with a smug look on his face…lol…some of these men are degenerates…imagine his grandchildren stumbling on the video…smh!

10. cherry

July 3, 2017 at 11:55 pm

This is so shameful, I wonder how your wife will feel about this………so disgusting, why can’t u just stay faithful to ur wife Mr senator, pple like this shouldn’t be leading us in Nigeria…….. Oga u should be relieved of ur duties

• ND babe

July 4, 2017 at 3:42 am

HI s wife abi na wives? Either way they will be very happy that he is coming home satiated so that he does not give them incurable STDs.

11. Just Blaze

July 4, 2017 at 5:33 am

People….it is his life. …..whether you guys choose to call it prostitution…..I don’t know….but dint their religion also permit multiple wives….my take…..it’s his private life afterall

• Omoté

July 4, 2017 at 9:49 am

I disagree oh! Do u knw how many people who lost limbs in the name of sharia??? He should have been practicing what he was preaching and besides when you are a public figure there are certain moral standards that should be up held.

12. Little Big Girl

July 4, 2017 at 6:45 am

He paid them. It was a transaction and he should not be blackmailed.

13. Spunky

July 4, 2017 at 7:52 am

Bad, baddo,baddest! I’m seeing this for the first time and can’t help sneezing out loud. baba is catching serious trips.

14. Tell em

July 4, 2017 at 8:49 am

He’s shape tho

15. Moniker

July 4, 2017 at 9:39 am

Nigeria, the home of madmen running the affairs of sane people. Sad

• Mz Socially Awkward....

July 4, 2017 at 11:56 am

Nne (or Nna), once more we meet. And just as before, you have said it well. See the degenerates imposing sharia laws on whole sections of the country for the plebs to follow. Just negodu.

• Quid

July 4, 2017 at 3:51 pm

@Mz Socially Awkward as you mentioned pleb, you are definitely under her majesty’s rule. UK things

16. Fabulous

July 4, 2017 at 9:40 am

Shameless man.

17. jayden

July 4, 2017 at 10:11 am

He does have a point though…

18. chioma Anosike

July 4, 2017 at 10:59 am

useless he goat

19. Hamdalat

July 4, 2017 at 1:36 pm

No, senator Alhaji……It is not okay. And since there is an undeniable evidence of you committing adultery, you should be made to face the Sharia law given that you are a Muslim and a proponent of the Sharia law. There is no room for hypocrisy. Your private life, my foot!

20. Moniker

July 4, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Mz SA, the hypocrisy of these men stinks to high heaven. Worse still, they don’t even want to educate their populace. That way, someone will look them in the eye one day and call them to order.
    Sharia law my foot. Law for the masses and underprivileged