Scoop

“Enough space for all of us to succeed” – Gabrielle Union reacts to 50 Cent’s Shade

BellaNaija.com

Another week, another Instagram clash featuring 50 Cent.

Power and Being Mary Jane are two hugely successful drama series that feature black actors and storylines. Both have famous executive producers: 50 Cent and Gabrielle Union, respectively.

Recently, 50 Cent announced his new late night talk show coming to BET which will be featuring a lot of black comedians.

The rapper took to Instagram and fired shots at an unnamed TV series (we’re guessing Empire) he described as the primary competition for his Starz TV series Power, implying that the show was getting irrelevant and he was going to take over BET.

A short while later, Gabrielle Union, who stars in her own BET series, Being Mary Jane, responded to 50 cent’s caption, saying that the rapper should abstain from negativity and that there was enough space for everyone to shine.

There's Enough space for all of us to succeed! 50 Cent is throwing Shade and Gabrielle Union is clapping back

The controversial actor who plays Kanan in Power quickly took a screenshot of her comment, which he replied to with another contentious caption

You keep it up I’m a tell Dwyane, because I feel like your picking a fight with me. He ain’t gonna like this s**t. LOL #50Centralbet

The rapper is known for stirring up drama, he pulled a similar stunt in June when he compared Empire to American comedy series Glee.

1. Unbothered

August 8, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Agbaya jati jati!!!

• thestyleaide - IG

August 9, 2017 at 11:15 am

50 cent is such a douchebag!

2. Mrs chidukane

August 8, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Can you imagine! How he demeaned her and tagged her Dwayne’s lady when she is very successful in her own right. Even the idiot rapper that also commented. Chai! I would get some people to troll them so bad on instagram. Tomorrow you will see a woman killing themselves in the name of love. Anuofia mmadu

• Le coco

August 8, 2017 at 7:38 pm

This man sef.. trash.. Not saying Gab should hv gotten involved.. bt she was right tho.
      and 50 os such an agbaya.. “Dwyanes lady”.. “report to Dwayne”.. Really.. later they will come and talk about how they respect women

• Bolaji

August 8, 2017 at 7:38 pm

And this comment makes you better than them how?

• Ernest

August 8, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Demean her? What has success got to do with facts? Don’t get me wrong, I am not a fan of 50 Cents but she is Dwayne’s lady and Dwayne is Gabby’s man. Are you suggesting that success should redefine relationships? It is important to recognize the difference between being gender sensitive and being over sensitive. Knowing 50 Cents very well, what the hell was Gabby thinking meddling in his business?

• Le coco

August 9, 2017 at 4:57 am

Ernest clearly u r clueless… I wont even bother explaining!

3. ogeAdiro

August 8, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Gabunion, wetin concern you? 50 and his love for drama. SMH
    Kept trash talking Diddy and Ciroc. Diddy didn’t even pay attention to him and his no-name vodka.

4. Gin

August 8, 2017 at 8:42 pm

50. The definition of you can take the man out the ghetto but can’t take the ghetto out of the man.

Report to her husband because?

• Mz_Danielz

August 9, 2017 at 3:13 am

As in eh. The guy is just a man child acting like a 17 year old. People like this are shameless and actually get some sort of satisfaction from their stupid behavior.

5. Californiabawlar

August 9, 2017 at 7:01 am

I was going to get Starz on AmazonPrime so I can catch up on Power… immediately I read this yesterday or so, I just decided not to. I’m not giving him my money to a misogynistic ahole. I auto-cancel people now, I don’t even give it much thought anymore. A quick google will allow me watch free online.
    On the flip side, I don’t have BET so I had to watch the last season of MaryJane free online. But it’s on Netflix now so I support the cause by letting the episodes roll in the background while I’m doing house chores.

Don’t care if anyone thinks it’s just me and I don’t count… I’m actually saving money so it’s a win win. Plus I’m sure there are other subconsciously petty people out there letting their money do the talking.