Scoop

Ghanaian TV Star Peace Hyde is KOKO Magazine’s New Cover Girl ?

BellaNaija.com

KOKO Magazine’s latest cover star is Ghanaian screen diva Peace Hyde. The TV star gave the digital fashion house an exclusive chance to peek behind the curtain and reveal what makes this faith and purpose-driven, stunning queen tick.

See excerpts of her interview below.

On her biggest challenge: I believe the biggest challenge is overcoming my negative mindset. You will always have challenges in whatever field you are in and that is to be expected. But those challenges can be overcome. The difficulty is in overcoming your own fears and doubts and that lies in adopting the right mindset. For the longest time I was consumed with what people would think of me and that dictated a lot of the things I did until I decided to change my mindset. That was my biggest challenge and that is what I tell people when they ask me about my journey. You can overcome every obstacle that comes in your way provided you adopt the right mind set and that has been the biggest challenge I had to overcome.

On her Inspirational shows: I think firstly, I am an extremely faith-driven person so I have to acknowledge that without God, I will not be sitting where I am today. The media or entertainment space is very fickle so one minute you could be on top and celebrated and the next moment; you are the latest hot topic for a scandal. I believe in getting my head down and putting in the work. I work hard because I know it is simply the only way to grow in my craft and succeed at what I do. I believe we are all destined to be great and sometimes all it takes is a little determination and a lot of hard work to make that potential a reality.

On her personal life: I believe as women we have the ability to multi-task and I think that is one of the biggest advantages we have. It is true I have a hectic workload and when I am in work mode; there is really no time for anything else. But I believe the key to having a balanced life is also making time for some down time. At the moment I would say I work a lot more than I relax simply because I believe when you are given an opportunity, you give your absolute best to deliver. I have a good social life but it can be better but I am actually not complaining because I love what I do and I am extremely blessed to be able to do it.

On societal expectations of marriage: I believe society places a lot of expectations on young girls in terms of what age or stage in life they are supposed to get married which invariably leads a lot of young girls down a path where they are forced into marriages with the wrong person and often leads to a life time of sorrow and depression. There is nothing wrong with people getting married early providing they have taken the time to know each other and are making an informed decision based purely on love and mutual respect for one another instead of societal or peer pressure. That is what I am against. I believe I will get married when God deems it the right time.

Read her full interview here.

1. Dolly

August 7, 2017 at 3:49 pm

That first picture is amazing. God has really blessed this woman! Very beautiful and cute. Bless her hustle

2. gigi

August 7, 2017 at 3:58 pm

beautiful cover shoot, loving the head wrap.

3. Nnenna

August 7, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Talk about class! Melanin slayer, flying the flag for beautiful dark skin ladies?Hot.

4. Uberhaute looks

August 7, 2017 at 4:01 pm

? for the makeup and airbrush

5. Ottawa Princess

August 7, 2017 at 4:17 pm

How does Peace Hyde have a face more beautiful than her body? She is gorgeous, but disappointed in the interviewer who is Peace dating? What actually makes her tick? Who is her best friend in the industry? What does she think about the tell all nature of the entertainment industry and why is she so private? Who are her icons or sources of inspiration? Give us some gist, your questions are too safe. She interviews the big business people of Africa so she handles questions well. it was an okay read but wanted more.

6. Baby gurl

August 7, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Peace Hyde is definitely one of the most inspiring women of our generation. I don’t care for her marital status or fashion/beauty tips and all that. I’m just interested on picking that her brain. Amazing woman! Bless you.

7. funmi

August 7, 2017 at 8:15 pm

The Queen of Africa without a doubt, so refreshing to see someone expressing true values in an environment without any. Have nothing to add, she is just way above everybody else !!

• Correction @Funmi

August 7, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Calm down @Funmi about ‘way above everyone else’ – she is doing very well and her brand is definitely different from anyone’s we have seen so far but there are other equally refreshing
      personalities putting in that good work. We need to stop this competition people always create for these personalities and let them just be. It’s this competitive thing that forces celebrities to commit fraud like Dammy Krane and means we can’t celebrate Wiz Kid without shading Davido or Shei Shay without sounding like Tiwa isn’t doing her thing. Say the cover is nice and move on. Let the comparisons go.

8. Estelle

August 7, 2017 at 9:17 pm

All shades of slayage Peace is my girl crush!