Scoop

WhatsApp calls or Nah? How #TwitterNG Reacted to this Toke Makinwa Video

BellaNaija.com

BellaNaija - WhatsApp calls or Nah? Top Reactions to this Trending Toke Makinwa Video

On a recent episode of her vlog Toke Moments, Media personality Toke Makinwa expressed her opinion on guys that call a girl on WhatsApp as opposed to using the normal network providers.

She explained that she feels a guy who calls a woman via WhatsApp is not that serious about her. The video has been trending all day with some people totally against her opinion and another faction agree with her. What are your thoughts?

Watch the video below:

Watch the full video here

Read some of the reactions below:

Photo Credit: Instagram – @tokemakinwa

1. Grace

August 9, 2017 at 5:02 pm

When a guy likes you, he’ll call more.

We all love to hate Toke but she has a point. Watsapp calls are a statement of I don’t want to make effort.

• Selfish bunch

August 9, 2017 at 5:23 pm

And when a girl likes the guy what is she expected to do?
      And this girl that the guy likes, what does she do? Turn herself to human answering machine?

2. Iya ibeji

August 9, 2017 at 5:04 pm

BN, lassa fever is back again. My brother who is a medical Dr. In LUTh is currently in isolation because he came into contact with the infection.wife and baby are told to watch out for generic symptoms such as headache, rising temperature. I believe that they are healed in Jesus name. But I feel enough is not being done about awareness. The fever is highly infectious and airborne, so people really need to be careful and also get rid of rats from their homes. Fever symptoms should be paid attention to and not ignored because early detection and treatment can save lives!!!
    BN,People need increased awareness- You can create a post about symptoms, and what can be done to reduce exposure, emergency lines in cases of exposure. It might not get comments but it doesnt mean people don’t read it.
    Thanks.

3. Leah

August 9, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Just remember that when this same woman Toke made a video advising her followers to have one night stands, she herself was walking around with an STD. I only wonder how many of her one night stands she informed that she had an STD. She started sleeping with a guy she knew had a girlfriend, she stayed with him for years even though he had many other girlfriends and told her he was in love with someone else. Toke stayed with this man and staged multiple registery wedding where the man never showed up, yet she stayed and kept giving relationship advice. The guy got another woman pregnant, Toke still stayed until the guy kicked her out and moved in another woman and the same ITK woman is still giving relationship advice. It’s like a broke person giving advise on how to get rich, it’s the biggest scam in the world and if you fall for it, you are the biggest fool in the world.

• ynnon

August 9, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Saul also killed Christians before he became a soldier for Christ. Abeg, if you have not made any mistakes in your life, continue. Otherwise, find a corner and rest there.

• Gettie

August 9, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Haba naa, she made some foolish decisions but that’s all in the past. To be honest, in all details revealed in her book, I could never understand Maje not showing up to his wedding. Is it that they both fixed and agreed on a date.. he wakes up on said date… and decides to like, go to the gym? Or to like… go hang out with friends?? Or to sleep? Or he simply forgot?? Then she forgives.. they fix another date and he does exactly same thing. I honestly haven’t heard of such.

• Water

August 9, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Not all stds are incurable. She said she caught one, never said it was incurable. If she had it treated, then why would she have to tell other future partners?

4. chi

August 9, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Toke is right. except d guy is abroad n has no money to recharge his line, then WhatsApp call can serve. Toke is not forcing u guys to take her advice. u guys shd chill.

5. mywifeisfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

August 9, 2017 at 5:16 pm

teh average

6. Tise

August 9, 2017 at 5:17 pm

does it really matter what method a mans uses to call??? toke is smart but on this it reeks of typical lagos shallowness…what if he or the girl is abroad?? do you know there is a cost to whatsapp call if you buy data??..anyway i wish her man good luck

7. M

August 9, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Toke I love your hair, pls can you hook me up on where you bought this particular one. If you are the seller pls holla with your details below. Pls of you didn’t sell this hair don’t come here lying.

BTW I feel you some men can be so stingy with everything, but whatsapp calling is no biggy. I am not sure why people are dragging her for her personal opinion .

8. Gettie

August 9, 2017 at 5:20 pm

I live in the states so I’m confused. What is the premise of the argument? Does it matter or are whatsapp calls free?
    I like Toke for entertainment and fashion, not for advice. She obviously doesn’t even take hers. As mature adults, learn to make ya own decisions, based on good judgement. Not waiting for parents, pastor or people like Toke to advice you. She is simply growing her subscribers + makiing money which is fine. But you, watch out for yourself and have your own back! Even if he calls with normal data isn’t proof of love abi naa?

• brig

August 10, 2017 at 7:58 am

Gettie has said it all.
      Toke is a brand and by right she is trying to grow it. She will say whatever it is she needs to get people talking to continue to rack up those ambassador for this and that product.

Left for you listen to what she says but with a grain of salt.

9. ynnon

August 9, 2017 at 5:20 pm

My comment doesn’t mean I think what the Leah character posted is true.

10. Box

August 9, 2017 at 5:26 pm

When ppl in other countries have access to unlimited data at a decent price. Nigerians are still complaining about data and men using whatsapp to call. Should this be an issue for the giant of africa that has millions of subscribers? Misplaced priotities if u ask me. A call is a call and the effory is what matters. Toke sef has the brain of a fish. So when amaechi calls her on whatsapp she doesn’t answer abi?

11. madman

August 9, 2017 at 5:34 pm

so amazing that Toke can LEAD conversations and drive twitter Nigeria MAD.

Good job baby girl.

12. chichi

August 9, 2017 at 5:44 pm

funny how i would rather we chat than call. am a lady btw.

13. mywifeisfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

August 9, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Some women are extremely selfish and they try to corrupt society with their poverty mentality, how much is data that you are crying over it, get the f&#k out of here with that stupid talk.
    When Toke was with Maje who do you think was making most of the calls? Toke is a very dangerous woman as far as i am concerned; she uses her platform to spew bullshit that she doesn’t adhere to.

14. gbaskelebo

August 9, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Whatsapp uses data and data is bought with money! most network give you 4x what you recharge your line with, I dare say calling with the network is even cheaper than using data (except you don’t know what to use data for), except for international calls because all networks in Nigeria have one form of promo or another running for voice calls! so what is she saying? My advice she should avoid smoking it wet, she should wait for it to get dried before smoking it, less damage is done to the brain when it is dry, it is helpful in weeding out commonsense and wisdom hence it is called “WEED”. Unto second base tinz joor….

15. Manny

August 9, 2017 at 6:17 pm

This doesn’t make sense. Is the internet free? There are many reasons why people call via Whatsapp. It could be network issues. There’s a place at my workplace where cellular networks don’t work but wifi does. If a guy calls Toke in that situation, she will think he’s a cheapskate? Not OK thinking

16. CurvesAndEdges

August 9, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Women sha…. At the end of the day, it’s important to look at the big picture. Is he in touch? Is he consistent? Is he reliable? Does he come through for you? Using WhatsApp call to judge is folly, in my opinion. Me thinks Toke is too old to be giving this sort of advice (I didn’t watch the video sha)

17. soromidayo

August 9, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Please guys I’m thinking of staycation trips- has anyone been to Erin-Ijesha or Ipole-Iloro Waterfall? Perhaps any fun place in south-west…Grazie

• Olaedo

August 9, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Erin Ijesha is cool but I don’t know about accommodation. However, I hear Ikogosi has accommodation and if you have the time, you could check out Idanre hills from there

18. MurdaSheWrote

August 9, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Guys but this is the woman that said women should let their hair down and have one night stands and then stop at age 25 to finally get their life in order right? So why are y’all burning? Leave her. Toke Makinwa is a horny, damaged 13 year old in a 30-something year old body. She just needs a blonde wig and her “lewk” is complete. #DumbBlonde

• Anon

August 9, 2017 at 10:33 pm

She’s not damaged or dumb. I know you may disagree with Toke but it’s very unsettling how easy people call others such scarring names online. Please I’m sure you’re a child of God, and Toke is too. Express that you disagree without using such damning words on someone else. Calling someone damaged over her personal opinion on WhatsApp calls? I don’t know anything about Toke but this comment says a lot about YOU. You people are not God and you cannot create anybody, stop insulting anyhow

19. Dollyp

August 9, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Erin Ijesa is cool..how about ikogosi

• Coolio

August 10, 2017 at 3:02 am

There is a big pond that that you can drink for sense

20. Stella

August 10, 2017 at 2:32 am

Toke has a point. Whatsapp uses data quite alright. But if the guy has free WIFI, then it really is the cheaper option. I don’t know about you guys but I’ve had a fight with my guy about whatsapp calls. You cannot have a full conversation without an interruption by a ‘normal’ call. ABEG Free Toke, she has a valid point.

21. Coolio

August 10, 2017 at 3:02 am

There is a big pond there (at Ikogosi) that that you can drink from for sense

22. Abi

August 10, 2017 at 5:01 am

When you hate the message because of the messenger. .. I actually agree with Toke and loads of Nigerian women do. If you want to talk to me, CALL me. Don’t be splitting hairs using up your office wifi expecting me to split data charges you never incurred. Give me something that costs you. Show me value. When we hit a comfort zone when we know our gist has taken the one hour plus dimension, THEN we can WhatsApp call. Long distance calls are excusable though, otherwise we Skype. So there you have it.

• Jade

August 10, 2017 at 10:20 am

Why does someone have to incur costs before you feel valued? why does everything with us Nigerian women have to be about money? I am a Nigerian woman and I do NOT agree with you and Toke, whether a man calls me via whatsapp or Imo or BBM or whatever, the most important thing is that HE CALLED. Does the message change when he calls on whatsapp instead of glo? You people need to set your priorities straight abeg; someone thinks of you and reaches out to know how you’re faring and what is bothering you is that he called you on whatsapp and not MTN? Odiegwu o!

• Arin

August 10, 2017 at 11:57 am

This another angle. You may be on to something because there are some guys like this. Lol

23. john

August 10, 2017 at 7:46 am

I actually agree with Tokeand loads of Nigerian women do…….and u wonder why a lot of people thinks that a load of Nigerian women have fish brains and don’t reason well after all daft and already bleached brains like toke makinwa is una idol ..what do u expect

24. moreTruth

August 10, 2017 at 11:34 am

Personally me i do not like it o,&i will prefer he calls me with normal network airtime,but it doesn’t stop from using d Whatsapp call/video call sometimes,not that it will become the major communication link.
    so issapersonalthingy.
    I understand where Toke is coming from, if u r d kinda person that only wants to use d Whatsapp call,it simply means u don’t wanna make any form of sacrifice for ur boo/bae & it translate to no seriousness/commitment .
    this here ‘If you follow Toke’s mouth and break up with your boyfriend because he only calls you on WhatsApp, it is you cold and konji will wound’ rly cracked me up. hahahah!!

25. Chu

August 10, 2017 at 12:37 pm

I think this is mean for that period when the man is still ‘chyking’ the babe.. Cos if its a steady relationship or marriage, you are not bothered about such things.
    I’m personally not keen about whatsapp calls cos it keeps breaking and hanging.

26. Ola

August 10, 2017 at 1:08 pm

I don’t get it. What is wrong with Whatsapp calls? Aren’t they another way to communicate? Someone please explain.