BN TV

I gave up a $6000 a month job because I wasn’t fulfilled – Mr Eazi | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

Musician Mr Eazi was the guest on Beat FM’s “The Morning Rush” on Wednesday, where he discussed what he’s been up to lately, as well as his beginnings.

Asked how he started his journey into the music industry, Mr Eazi relayed his story of returning from Ghana to settle in Nigeria.

He got a job in Port Harcourt, he said, in the Oil and Gas industry. He ended up leaving the $6000 a month job because he was frustrated and wasn’t feeling fulfilled.

A particular dawning moment for him was when a boss of his was left by his wife. Mr Eazi said he felt at the end of the day, even the money they earned didn’t matter.

When he left the job, he returned to Lagos to sell phones in Computer Village. He said:

Everybody in my house thought like, I lost it. My mum, she started having special prayers.

Everything worked out well, it seems, as he now shuts down venues all over the world.

See the full interview below:

1. randommer

September 13, 2017 at 11:20 pm

story story lol

• Linda

September 13, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Which one is story story.?
      Which academic qualifications do u have
      Mschewwww
      Just cos you not worth that amount and no one has ever or will ever pay you such??you are too transparent with your hate

• Randommer

September 14, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Haha Linda, it’s ok. You can insult my life but my money is still complete and correct

2. Weezy

September 13, 2017 at 11:50 pm

Liar. The man is 26 years old now. What 23-24 year old earns $6000 a month in the entire african continent. Its debatable if they even gave him $6000 a year.

This man is disturbed.

• Douglas

September 14, 2017 at 12:51 am

Well he worked at Sclumberger. I have worked there. the basic salary for graduate Engineers is about N500,000 and for every offshore job you for, you get paid a job bonus which is arounf 5-10 percent of the job. Each engineer go for around 4-10 jobs a month or more…imagine an engineer makes as little as N200,000 for each job as a bonus and goes for 10 jobs, do the maths. A basic shop floor worker with a basic salary of 85k monthly earns around a million naira per month due to job bonues. Some get N5000 daily. So it is not debatable when you work in an oil company. ‘Why do you think they call it “oyel money or blood money”, lol.

• O_o

September 14, 2017 at 2:11 am

Lol, Weezy. Calling a man disturbed cos you’re ignorant AF. Now, who’s disturbed?

• Californiabawlar

September 14, 2017 at 4:18 am

Poverty eh!!! Chai! May God elevate you to experience even more than this IJN.

p.s. I’m not being cheeky or malicious.

• john

September 14, 2017 at 9:36 am

i am 23 and i earn usd7600

• Iyke

September 14, 2017 at 9:58 am

@douglas
      $6,000 /month for a graduate engineer at an oil services company in Nigeria who is not even an expert???????
      I will ask a few oil engineers that I know.

• Belema

September 14, 2017 at 10:08 am

I know Eazi lies but $6000 a month for an oil company in Nigeria as an engineer is VERY believable. Trust me, 3 members of my family worked in various oil companies. Depending on the company you work, you even get more + bonuses. Do your homework.

• ***

September 14, 2017 at 10:51 am

$6000 a month without a contract?! How lucky … I thought he was a trainee when he left schlumberger? I saw the uniform … I guess he finds fulfilment and purpose in his new career … all the best eazi

3. Sade Twyse

September 13, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Mr eazi seems to talk too much sha. I just know him for yarning opaks but don’t know any of his songs

• Elle

September 14, 2017 at 4:41 am

YouTube is there, do yourself the honours and stop yarning opaks.

4. Amy

September 14, 2017 at 9:53 am

@Douglas Mr oyel money!! How is it that you go offshore 4-10 times?! Do you fly everyday offshore? which is not possible oh not matter what you’re going to do there oh! or do you go offshore and stay for a month which is also not possible in the oil and gas industry the maximum you can stay offshore is 2 weeks! then 1 or 2 weeks out which means you either fly back towards the end of the month making it 2 times in a month or you go back the next month!
    Just saying though…..

• Anonymous T

September 14, 2017 at 10:59 am

You can go offshore 2ce a month if you have 14/14 or if you have 14/7. Actually helicopters fly offshore almost everyday. (Speaking from experience)
      I’m an engineer and I make 5500 before taxes. Day rate runs from 150-550 depending on experience . So if your base is 5500 and then you go offshore or a land job for 14 days that’s an extra 14×150.
      As an intern I’m not a 100% sure but as a field engineer . You can easily make 90,000 /year before taxes.
      Like the oil money guy said you can go offshore 24 times a yea year if you’ve got 14 days on and 14 off.
      It’s oil and gas . No big deal . Lol
      We should all learn to educate ourselves . If you aren’t sure . Google it. Had friends in college who made more during internships because it often included perks like relocation and per diem. They were at 6-7$k a month. But this wasn’t SLB or HLB it was stat oil and bp

• Engr Icey

September 14, 2017 at 11:23 am

Dear Amy, please educate yourself if you don’t know.
      There is no rule that says you can’t stay beyond two weeks offshore. Most IOCs operate 2-week rotations but for servicing coys, u can stay as long as a month or more, so yes, it is possible. You fly in and out as required for your job. How do I know? natheworkweywedeydo

5. Jules

September 14, 2017 at 10:33 am

I thought they already ban this guy from entering Nigeria? We still they quarrel with this guy nau….

6. Miwa

September 14, 2017 at 2:43 pm

So after the 6k job he started selling phones? what happened to the money?

• I yam Tired of this Country

September 14, 2017 at 3:08 pm

What do you think he used to buy the phones to sell? Cowries?