Career

Abiodun Buari Shares the Inspiring Story of His Journey to the Stanford Graduate School of Business Against all Odds

Raised on the streets of Lagos Island, Abiodun Buari has worked hard to create a better life for himself. Despite his humble background, and the loss of his father at 13, Biodun graduated from the University of Ibadan in 2011 with a First Class in Industrial Engineering, and is now a 2017 Stanford Africa Fellow at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. In this interview, with Mogbekele Koye-Ladele, Biodun shares the story of his journey to Stanford.

Professor!
My name is Abiodun Buari, with the nickname “Professor”. I most recently worked as a Brand Manager at PZ Cussons, managing Imperial Leather and Carex. Before that I was an Assistant Brand Manager at P&G. I also interned as a Field Engineer at Schlumberger.

I love to read and travel, and those are two things that easily go together. I also volunteer a lot, and play football from time to time. I was born in Lagos Island and grew up on the streets of Okepopo and Isale-Agbede. I studied at the Zumratul Islamiyat Primary School (ZIPS), Methodist Boys High School (MBHS), and the University of Ibadan (UI). I had my Islamic education at the Khoudam Islam Arabic School, finishing in 2003.

Parental Upbringing and Early Years
I grew up in the slums of Lagos Island. Many of my peers did not go to school due to financial problems. Although my parents were illiterate, they recognized the need to educate their children. Unfortunately, my father died when I was 13 and my mother sold second-hand clothes, so she had very little money to spare for education. Going to school was difficult. The neighborhood hoodlums bullied children like me who went to school, mocking us for wanting to be better than them. I hawked second-hand clothes after school to help make ends meet at home and pay for my education, making me even more vulnerable to the bullying. We lacked things that many people think of as basic, like mattresses, and that gave me a burning desire to succeed.

I did not have any people around me who had passed through similar hurdles to succeed, so I doubled down on my resolve to be the first to excel. In addition to wanting a better quality of life, I also wanted to be able to coach others to succeed despite challenges. I excelled academically early, starting out as a local champion in the Lagos Island Local Government (LG) after I won the LG primary school quiz competition organized by Senator Musuliu Obanikoro’s administration when he was LG Chairman. People were surprised because my school (Zumratul Islamiyat) did not usually win academic competitions. In secondary school, I was appointed Assistant Head Prefect and was President of the Junior Engineers, Scientists, and Technicians (JETS) club. I had one of the best SSCE results in MBHS, for which I was awarded the Dr. Maja Post-Secondary scholarship.

University Education
My favorite subjects in Secondary School were Maths and Physics – therefore I wanted to become an Engineer! I originally wanted Petroleum Engineering, but chose Industrial Engineering after researching opportunities in the field. I scored 292 out of 400 on the UME and got into the University of Ibadan. I started really well, but my grades tanked in Year Two after my brother and sister died within months of each other.

That really shook me to my foundations. I was traumatized, could not focus on school work, and struggled with even the simplest tasks. I would coach people for exams, and they would score higher than me because I would go blank during the exams. It took months for me to regain my will to live again. Ultimately, as time passed I remembered my desire to succeed and show others a path to success. I managed to regain momentum and make up for the lost semesters, and I graduated with First Class Honors. Funding my university education was difficult, as I was dependent on relatives who often took their time to send money across. I survived through judicious spending, and things became better when I was awarded the Total Scholarship (highest monetary award at that time) in Year Two.

Deciding to pursue the Stanford MBA
After a few years of working, many of the things I once aspired to became basic expectations. I started to desire more senior roles. I also wanted to explore innovative ways to leverage technology to deliver educational material to young people, which links into my desire to help people from backgrounds similar to mine to succeed. I had thought a lot about Lagos Island over the years, and had tried to understand how and why I turned out differently from many of my peers. I reached the conclusion that we needed more effective ways to educate people without necessarily taking them into classrooms.

Getting in!
I wanted to learn a new way of thinking and approaching problems and how to apply technology to solving social problems. I also wanted to connect with a global network of innovators and disruptors working to solve serious problems. I researched a few schools, but the Stanford program resonated the most with me because of its focus on changing lives, changing organizations, and changing the world. I therefore decided to apply to Stanford.

The Application Process
Top MBA programs are very expensive, so I knew I had to secure the Stanford Africa Fellowship to help with the costs of attending. For my application, I wrote honestly about growing up in Lagos Island, the challenges I had to overcome, and my desire to help other children from similar backgrounds to succeed. I also wrote about how I wanted to leverage the wide availability of smartphones and internet to deliver educational material to even more people. I submitted the essay and was notified a few weeks later that I had been shortlisted for the fellowship.

I then had to prepare for and write the GMAT. I have a strong Quant background but I struggled with Verbal a bit and focused on improving my performance there. I also had to write the application essays. Answering the “Why Stanford” question was easy for me because there was a clear link between the school’s objectives and mine. Although I thought I knew what I wanted to do, answering the “What matters most to you and why” question required a lot of introspection, and helped me further refine my plans. I was invited to interview, which is a positive step as it means your essays were interesting enough to warrant further discussions. My interview with a Stanford GSB alumna based in Lagos was easily one of my favorite conversations ever, revolving around my background, work experience, and aspirations.

On the day notifications were due, I sat by my phone for the entire day! I kept my phone plugged in for the entire day and was upset when I got random phone calls. They must have been trying to call me, as I eventually got an email towards the end of the day asking me to visit the Application Portal for an update on my decision. The Admission Committee tries to call everyone who gets in, and an email usually means you did not get in so I was a bit disappointed.

You can imagine my joy when I logged on the portal and saw a “Congratulations” notification. I was ecstatic! I had done it! I was going to the Stanford Graduate School of Business!

Financing my MBA
A top-class MBA is expensive! You have to be really convinced it is what you want before going ahead to incur the costs. The Africa Fellowship offered a grant of $160,000, but I still had a gap of about $70,000 as the total cost to attend is approximately $230,000. This includes living expenses, relocation expenses, etc. I also applied to and won the TY Danjuma scholarship which offers $10,000, and I am working to raise the balance from other sources.

Lessons So Far
It has been two weeks since classes started, and the experience so far has been very interesting. Discussions with classmates have been top-notch, with topics ranging from startups to politics and macro-economics. The experience actually started before classes started. After I submitted an essay on Economic and Political Challenges of Recovery and Growth in Europe, I was selected to participate in a school-sponsored trip to Greece to develop a better understanding of the economic and political processes aiding and hindering economic recovery and growth in Europe with Greece as a case-study. Comparing Greece’s economic situation with that of Nigeria, I got valuable insights on how the austerity measure of the current Greek administration is paying out. As a final assignment from that trip, I am now writing a letter to Nigeria’s President and Finance Minister summarizing learnings on how to ensure Nigeria stays out of recession.

Plans After MBA
The Stanford Africa Fellowship requires me to return to Africa within two years of graduation to help develop the continent, which ties into my social development goals. I have already talked about my plans to develop a sustainable and scalable model to offer education to the large population of unschooled young adults in Africa by leveraging their receptivity to technology. Among other things, I will refine and further develop this idea during my time at Stanford.

Advice to Young Nigerians
Stay focused. You’re responsible for your life and your results, so achieve as much as you can. Be the best at whatever you are doing. It is very exciting to be going to Stanford, but not everyone needs a MBA to succeed in life. If you’re applying to business school, start early and give yourself enough time. Choose recommenders who can speak to details about your work and characteristics. Above all – stay focused!

1. Blackbeauty

September 25, 2017 at 11:59 am

Very, very inspiring. You will do great things.

• Biker Chic

September 25, 2017 at 12:44 pm

I did not like where he said “…….Funding my university education was difficult, as I was dependent on relatives who often took their time to send money across.” That came across as you Mr. Buari feeling entitled to other peoples money. Has it occured to you that these relatives where also struggling? For them to send you anything at all, they must have deprived themselves of something. A simple show of gratitude to all who supported you would be appropriate.

Weldone for doing well inspite of all odds..

• Abiodun Buari

September 25, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your wish.

2. Bolaji

September 25, 2017 at 12:08 pm

This is so inspiring.

I went to Balogun market on Thursday and I noticed little children returning from school, doing their home works behind their parents stall and also helping out with sales.
    I even helped one of them with their writing homework.

With Mr Buari’s would be a great role model. I am glad he is succeeding at your endeavor. It gives me hope!

• Abiodun Buari

September 25, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Seems like we still have a lot of kids like me out there. I can’t wait to be back to help grow these children positively. Thanks for letting me know that the project I am working on, will be useful.

3. OmoYoruba

September 25, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Awwwww. This is so touching. From Lagos Island to one of the world’s finest business school.s. Congratulations dear. Yoruba boys always representing.

• Abiodun Buari

September 25, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Despite the repeated negative news coming out of Lagos Island, we still have brilliant kids in the neighborhood. In 2011 alone, I can count more than 10 of my childhood friends that made first class degree from different universities and they are dong really great for themselves. We are trying to see how we can help the community collectively, a project that I am leading.

4. Sarah

September 25, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Good one biodun, I went to university with him, He always liked to show off during TME class with ismail, but he was always focused and that hardwork is paying off for him.
    Enjoy your stay in Stanford and dnt forget to come back to Nigeria to help change the environment that shaped you.

LEP?

• MurdaSheWrote

September 25, 2017 at 3:16 pm

LMAO. Some people ehn! LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

5. Anon

September 25, 2017 at 1:59 pm

I love this story. All the best in your endeavours. Hire him!

• Abiodun Buari

September 25, 2017 at 9:56 pm

Thanks. I hope for the best too.

• BioIsDone

March 17, 2018 at 3:09 am

What have you done to yourself, Abiodun, I had such fathe in yu!! Oh no–you have let other down and me tu 🙁 I donno what you does to help mi professer, but I need you to rite an autobiografi noww. pliz? pliiiiiiiz?

6. x-factor

September 25, 2017 at 3:05 pm

wow!

7. africhic

September 25, 2017 at 3:47 pm

I can’t believe that after sourcing $170,000 he still owes $70,000 for an MBA.

• Abiodun Buari

September 25, 2017 at 9:58 pm

That is how expensive MBA programs are in the United State considering that I am attending the most selected business school in the world. The good thing is that there is a proper structure for loans that can be paid back starting after graduation.

8. Weezy

September 25, 2017 at 5:14 pm

Wow. Congratulations. From your profile it is clear that you deserve a place at Stanford.

I thought the fellowship included living expenses. Na wa. $70,000 is not beans, and if they are forcing you to move back in 2 years, you may have to pay it off in naira.

• Abiodun Buari

September 25, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Well couple of thoughts on that. I can actually work in the US for 2years before returning home and there are great companies in Nigeria that pay a whole lot as well. You can also get a compnay that is ready to pay off the loan for you.

9. Abiodun Buari

September 25, 2017 at 5:29 pm

@Biker Chic Thanks for the comment. You seem to know way too much than an ordinary reader. These relatives of mine (that’s if you are not him or one of his cohorts) will attest to my independent spirit, as I am never a follower of family entitlement school of thought if there is anything of such. I cant imagine the item that average monthly student allowance of N10000 will deprive someone who drives latest cars, stays in highbrow area of the island and club almost everyday. Again the decision on how he spends his money is solely his decision. He seems to forget how some elders deprived themselves to send them to school too. Well my very first class in Stanford “Managing Groups and Teams” has taught me how people who moved from low social class to the top seems to forget about their past and the need to help others.
    In as much as I am not ready to wash these relatives’ dirty linens in public, I have decided to pitch my tent with the poor part of the family and take learnings from my experience to ease the journey for the one coming behind. My measure of success is on the number of people that became more successful than I am through my wealth of experience and support and my charity begins at home. Thanks

• Stace

September 25, 2017 at 7:20 pm

You sir are really ungrateful!!! Even if your relative is dangote or even an otedola himself, it is still HIS MONEY!! And what he decides to do with it and how he decides to spend it is still HIS decision!! HE OWES YOU NOTHING!! If he decides to buy a new ferrari everyday and not send you money on time, yes he can because he OWES YOU NOTHING!!! Gosh it really is true what they say about some nigerians and feeling entitled!

• tunmi

September 25, 2017 at 8:34 pm

well done and congrats. and good luck shedding that entitlement mentality.
      but seriously tho, good luck in your graduate studies.

• Weezy

September 25, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Ahn ahn Abiodun. People were congratulating you. Don’t disappoint us.

• Akasi

September 25, 2017 at 9:50 pm

I suspect this was written by a troll using ABIODUN BUARI’s name as a sort of prank.
      That is the only way it makes sense. Else, the Abiodun fellow is full of crap, uncouth and unworthy of any commendation. An MBA is not a life-saving surgery and no one owes you anything. Not even a relative no matter your benevolence in the past. If he truly wrote this comment then irrespective of your academic prowess, you are seriously lacking in intelligence in other areas. Best wishes but get rid of this filthy sense of entitlement.

• Ekwu

September 26, 2017 at 2:39 am

I also attended an Ivy League business school. Mr Buari at some point in your 2nd semester, you will be thought to de-escslate an impending public row.

But my God, it is most ungracious of you to speak in this manner about someone who assisted you. So so ungracious.

• Ekwu

September 26, 2017 at 2:50 am

I also attended an Ivy League MBA. At some point in your 2nd semester, you will be taught how to de-escalate an imminent public row. Please listen carefully to the lessons in that class. It will do you good.

My God, how ungracious of you to speak in this manner about those who assisted you. How do ungracious.

• Tommy

September 26, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Nah, you shouldn’t say this. I wanna believe this is not Buari

10. Abiodun Buari

September 25, 2017 at 9:46 pm

@stance: you have written just like he had and would have said it. You sounded just as heartless as he is (thats if he is not the one). If I am feeling entitled, I guess I would have a mattress at his gate right now demanding for what is not lost. He talks as if he is God that knows tomorrow but guess he didn’t see that the boy he abused physically, mentally and got poisoned, will make it to a world class business school. Well I am sorry to disappoint you, the poor part of the family just made it.

The singular reason why I got a place in Stanford MBA Class of 2019 is because of my plan to leverage technology in help others who couldn’t pull through the social and environmental issues of Lagos Island and catch the young ones early enough. Stanford University is about “changing lives, changing organizations and changing the world” and it is everybody’s responsibility to do that to create a better society. No wonder your selfishness got you into trouble and landed you where you didn’t like.

Stop being personal and look at the overall objective of the discussion. Don’t worry, I will teach you how it is being done and my biography will be bestsellers in the end.

• Dearest

September 25, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Wow! Please take it easy bro!
      I’ll contact you to write my statement of purpose sef for Hults! Lol

• Akasi

September 26, 2017 at 2:56 am

I seriously suspect you are mentally unhinged. I say this with utmost respect. You need to seek help.

11. Raybahny

September 26, 2017 at 12:18 am

incredible!!! Good to know at least some positive news coming from Lagos island. Despite all the ills in that environment where all young folks would rather be gang leaders or involve in all sort of crime… I was with you at club 57 (we on Thursday night) when you got the mail. The happiness was next to none. Keep being you and the world isn’t ready for what you are about to bring into it. Lagos island can’t wait for your contribution and I would say remember the son of whom you are. Keep the Desire burning and to all them haters spite them with more success…. may God bless you real good.

12. Raybahny

September 26, 2017 at 12:21 am

incredible!!! Good to know at least some positive news coming from Lagos island. Despite all the ills in that environment where all young folks would rather be gang leaders or involve in all sort of crime… I was with you at club 57 (we own Thursday night) when you got the mail. The happiness was next to none. Keep being you and the world isn’t ready for what you are about to bring into it. Lagos island can’t wait for your contribution and I would say remember the son of whom you are. Keep the Desire burning and to all them haters spite them with more success…. may God bless you real good.

13. Dolapo

September 26, 2017 at 5:21 am

So out of all the inspiring parts of the story, you could only pick on one. i know this little boy on the street of lagos island. Prof as we call him, very humble and respectful. I am sure he is considering any electoral position, he will be a sole candidate. i pray you guys have a large heart like him to be able to help others. i am scared for the generation coming.

14. Dolapo

September 26, 2017 at 5:36 am

You guys won’t understand if you are not in this boy’s shoe. I knew how hard it is when you have someone who can support you but won’t. i thank God for his life today. i am most proud of him. i went to school with little support and i know the class of degree i came out with. give this boy some credits abeg.

15. Fabulous

September 26, 2017 at 7:11 am

I’m disappointed in you Mr Biodun. NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING.

16. Ephi

September 26, 2017 at 8:39 am

Character is like smoke, it eventually rises to the top. Nothing more to add.

17. ao103

September 26, 2017 at 9:06 am

Abiodun; I just sent you a LinkedIn invitation. I would like to connect with you as I am in the middle of preparing my GSB application. I would be really grateful if you could accept my invitation; would love to hear about your application experience and get some tips from you. I would appreciate any help you can give. For obvious reasons, I don’t want to drop my contact details on this forum but I sent you my email address via my LinkedIn request. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a bunch

18. Oluwadunsin

September 26, 2017 at 9:30 am

Some of the comments here are quite disappointing, you could have just congratulated him instead of bringing out the other side of him, no one knows what he really went through for him to talk this way, a simple congratulations would do. As for Mr. Buari, you could have just easily ignored the comments but no, you just had to reply, that doesn’t speak well of you, it shows you cannot respond well to criticisms. To avoid fueling issues like this next time, please just ignore and pretend you didn’t see them.

• Weezy

September 26, 2017 at 10:36 pm

I agree with you.

Yes, he shouldn’t have mentioned his relatives. But we cannot know exactly what someone has gone through. Abiodun, my advice would be to seek counselling while you are in America. It will likely be free at obodo Stanford. You have gone through trauma, and while you may think you have overcome it, clearly it is still affecting you, for you to make these sort of comments. The boastfulness about how you will succeed is a coping mechanism that only really works in Nigeria (and only up to a certain point). This is not about judging you – I am just stating a fact. Make the best of your time in America, both professionally and personally.

• Manny

September 27, 2017 at 9:18 pm

You’re right. That comment by biker chic was uncalled for. Reading too much into his choice of words. However, Abiodun’s response shows that he is still traumatized by what he must have gone through.
      I second the suggestion that you should see a therapist – it should be free at the student health center. It will really help to get rid of any negative feelings towards your relative.
      You should also not have spoken about your relative in public like this. It’s dangerous for you. I hope you remember that walls have ears? If someone has poisoned you in the past, the person can try it again.

19. Elle

September 26, 2017 at 10:33 am

I hope you die young ke?

Over what?! You have no manners and no morals to wish death on another. Just GTFOH. Uncouth human being, see them, small thing they start to curse, just imagine.

20. Onyeka

September 26, 2017 at 11:36 am

Hi Please can you email me your work once done? The one you intend to send to the President and minister of Finance. Would really appreciate it as it will help in my research. please send to [email protected]

21. Detola Deedee

September 26, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Your intellectual abilities at the LBS VIEMP in 2012 was second to none. I truly respected it.

God bless you mate. See you when you get back. Hustle hard.

22. Delete Ridiculous Posts

September 26, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Bellanaija….this comment should be deleted. The idiocy deserves no response.

23. Oluwatobiloba

September 26, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Congratulations Mr Abiodun. You have done well for yourself and your people. this is quite inspiring. most importantly, I love your being fearless. you will succeed as an entrepreneur.

To all those living a fake life up in the comment, who are island of knowledge and support, I’d like to share my story with you all to learn from. I run a startup here in Lagos and I just raised $4M to fund a new product in my company. guess what? my siblings supported with more than $2M of the fund.

Stanford University is a nonprofit organization that run solely on donations from alumni and their companies. I have had the opportunity of visiting the school and what amazed me was that even buildings were either donated by alumni or classes. I am sure if they haven’t supported, people like him won’t be able to go to a highly ranked school. that is if the fellowship he got is not being sponsored by some alumni who have a large heart like him.

I see you are fit for Stanford and the school will be very proud of you for wanting to be a change agent.

In between, can you do your summer internship with me? you can reach out to me if interested [email protected]

• Elle

September 26, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Cough cough….cough, kontinu.

By the way, there is nothing like “in between”, the abbreviation btw means “by the way”

24. Lawal

September 26, 2017 at 3:10 pm

When the world is about to end, rich won’t have empathy for the poor and their reasonings won’t match the ideal. I am not surprise by the disappointing comments I am seeing. It is an end of the world sign that will come to past. Kudos Abiodun on all the achievements across board.

It will only take time for them to realize the mistake they have done and do the correction. the Yoruba will say “Inu mimo ju gun lo”. keep this heart of helping others, you will conquer all the odds by Gods grace. you are almost there!!!

For those hard hearted beings, there is nothing in this world that will change your mind. keep it up. only if you haven’t in anyway received any form of support from your family members, be it financially, morally, physically or whatever.

Individually we are weak like a single twig, but together we form a mighty faggot!!!

25. Kate Okoh

September 26, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Congrats Abiodun! This is truly inspiring. Please keep the flag flying ….

26. Iya ibeji

September 26, 2017 at 4:37 pm

Well, you are neither Stanford nor God

27. Success

September 26, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Gosh!!! those behind those disappoint comments about “nobody owes you anything” are definitely not making heaven with this thought. brilliant chap from the start, Mr abiodun i salute your courage, boldness and brilliance. you have a place among the best.

To that olodo that said there is nothing like “in between” “Well done Sir/Ma”. you need to read more. google is the closest to you since you use your fingers to type rubbish. “in between” in that context was meant to say “in between all the rubbish that you and your fellow bad belle have typed.”

Please keep us updated. we will like to have more about your journey through Stanford and beyond.

28. Ghostmode

September 26, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Please all those criticizing the guy should let him be!!! Its easy to throw the ‘don’t feel entitled line’ when you have not walked the person shoes! From that one statement you all feel you can write a biography of his character! He has done well for himself and plans to impact his environment positively why don’t you all encourage that part.

Congratulation Abiodun i really do hope you are able to realize your dream and just one advise not every comment deserves a response. Many more blessings and the sky is just your starting point. Good-luck

29. Foluso

September 26, 2017 at 7:29 pm

The least anybody could have done is to congratulate this hardworking guy and move on. It’s so disheartening we live in a world where people are so swift to point out your mistakes. As a personal friend to Biodun, I can boldly say he is a good guy to the core. It was so easy to be his friend, I didn’t even know he went through this much in life till I read his story today. It is easy to point acusing fingers on someone till you are in their shoes. If you are not inspired by his story, leave him alone and stop abusing him. The truth is there are so many out there struggling to make it instead life, they need to read this type of stuff and be motivated. If you think it’s easy to get admission in Stanford, please kindly apply. This is a great accomplishment, and it’s worth celebrating. Biodun is not only brilliant, he is lively and selfless. I am so proud of you, things can only get better.
    NB: Learn to genuinely celebrate success, you attract success to yourself also.

30. Shd

September 26, 2017 at 8:57 pm

It’s only people who don’t know Biodun that will make comments about him feeling entitled. It’s Ok to talk behind the keyboards and assume we know all about a person ‘s character. Ride on, Buari. Your friends and family are extremely proud of you, as you are of your self, and you deserve all the feelings of pride right now. You EARNED IT! Alhamdullilah.

31. Shereef

September 26, 2017 at 10:44 pm

Buari, Baarokallahu fihi

32. Olu

September 27, 2017 at 12:41 am

I worked with this guy in the same office, he is such a proud individual. He will sure be worse off than his so called relatives. He wont reach out to the needy, he is so so proud and arrogant. Ask about him

33. Tosin

September 27, 2017 at 2:43 am

Hello Olu,

Point of correction. I worked with this guy in PZ Cussons and I can tell you, he is very down to earth and very focused. He did his work diligently. I have been in meetings with him and I can tell you that his attitude towards work was excellent. I can write a recommendation letter for him any day any time. Don’t try to bring him down. Bad belle.

34. Ifeoma

September 27, 2017 at 3:09 am

Mr Abiodun, Hearty congratulations on your achievements. People close to you have said it all. You can see that you still have a lot of challenges in front of you. They are still trying to bring you down like you have written in the essay and even in the comment. We are praying for you that no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper.

What a world we live in!!! You genuineness will scale you through.

35. Abimbola

September 30, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Hello Biker Chic and Stace,

I have known Abiodun for a bit and i must say he is an amazing,selfless and very accommodating person, nothing in his story depicts a sense of entitlement. The least you can do is to behappy for him and hope that his story impacts a lot of kids in the slum. You know nothing about his struggles, his family and what he’s gone through hence there is no moral justification for your statements. Lets just be happy a young selfless chap from the streets is on a path of excellence against all odds, Congrats Prof!!!, We rise!!!!

36. MUSTY

October 2, 2017 at 11:11 am

congratulation bro! I wish all the best bigger you I pray …

37. Sharon Grace

January 13, 2018 at 5:27 pm

Haven gone through the interview, as a media practitioner, I feel obliged to delve and dig into the issues raise to discover more facts

38. J

January 18, 2018 at 7:21 am

Even if you are feeling an overwhelming sense of pride and accomplishment on your success here, keep in mind that the potential an MBA at Stanford offers you does not equate to end success. Of course, you have done amazing so far and I am sure that speaks volumes to your talent and work ethic. However, I am also certain there were people, friends, lovers, teachers, who helped you along the way and gave you the chance to succeed. I have never known your relative myself so I can’t speak about him, but it looks badly on you if you express anger at a relative for a reason the viewer doesn’t understand. Keep in mind that not everyone appreciates someone else’s success, but that the information you get from your criticizers is often as or more important than the feedback you receive from friends.
    Of course all of the above is only true for the comments made by one possibly fake “Abiodun Buaris” so…

Congratulations!

39. Prof

March 16, 2018 at 4:43 am

Oh, Abiodun, you will do great things in this world–I reeli wan tu reed yor autobiogrfi
    pleez! pleeze give it to mi!!

40. Stef'f'`an

March 17, 2018 at 4:47 am

I can split my life into two eras–pre-abiodun and post abiodun
    -Stef’f’`an