Scoop

“Beyond the glitz and glam is a girl who just wants to leave the world a better place than she met it” – Toke Makinwa

BellaNaija.com

Media personality Toke Makinwa has been working hard promoting her On Becoming empowerment campaign and the OAP/author is currently in New York.

Sharing photos from the NY event, she added an inspiring caption talking about the importance of making her life impactful.

She wrote:

On this journey of mine beyond the glitz and the glam, beyond the ambitious drive and the tough exterior is a girl who just wants to leave the world a better place than she met it. The road to success is never easy, nothing is promised but I have been blessed beyond my wildest imagination, the greatest blessing is not to receive only but to impact lives and I don’t take this for granted. Yesterday I met the students of Beacon High School New York and I spoke to them about the challenges African women face and boy was it an interesting session, I particularly loved our QnA segment and hearing you all speak to me about the culture barriers, race and the struggle to find you in a world that is constantly telling you who to be was extremely humbling. Thank you all for opening up, thank you for wanting to be the change the world needs, remember you don’t have to be famous to be heard! You can start in your community, stand for what you believe in and keep sharing. We have a chance, we can rewrite our stories and rise beyond being defined. God bless you all for blessing me? #Impact #TMtotheworld#OnBecomingbold #OnBecomingEmpowered #TMinNewyork

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/tokemakinwa

1. Cutieylicious

September 22, 2017 at 8:39 am

TM sure rocks her wigs perfectly!

2. Marvel

September 22, 2017 at 8:50 am

Amazing! With all that was written, it is only her wig you commented on? Future generation of mothers. Kai!
    BN It would have been nice to view a recording of the talk Toke gave at the school.

• Bio

September 22, 2017 at 9:48 am

I understand your point esp. since Toke’s intention is actually to draw people’s attention to “beyond the giltz and the glamour” but to be honest we will only take out who we are from every picture or circumstance.

• Cutieylicious

September 22, 2017 at 10:45 am

what has future generation of mothers got to do with anything? If I decide to speak on her wigs that’s my business! You ppl n ur knowing ur priorities attitude…kmt! So in all she wrote its my comment u picked…smh! You could ve thrown more light on the issue, as u know more than what was written in the post!

3. Lulu

September 22, 2017 at 11:29 am

By showing young followers nothing else matters but VANITY VANITY VANITY abi

Where are are volton ass kissers, come and beat me.. Your only weak ass defense come back is calling someone a Hater, as always predicted

This is why women like princess Diana will never be forgotten, she represented something REAL. You Toke represent nothing but vanity. You Starting to look like a robot. I’m bored. What else is new with you,

• Biker Chic

September 22, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Unwashed bitterleaf that is what you are. Like play, like play Toke is building a brand one step at a time. Girl is going places. Who has time to come and beat you in your he’ll hole mtscheeeeeew