Features

Rude or Appropriate Response? See this TwitterNG #Trending Story

BellaNaija.com

Last night, a Twitter user @kiiinglola called out another user @badmansauce on the platform who sent her a DM, asking for money.

She shared screenshots of their conversation where she asked him if he was serious in which he replied in the affirmative.

When she told him she had nothing to say to him, he asked that if she can’t help, she should not rub it on his face.

See what transpired below:

@kiiinglola shared the screenshots with a short thread:

Twitter user expressed different opinions on the matter. Some supported her for calling out a “pest/scammer,” others called her out for embarrassing the user by sharing screenshots of their conversation, while others blamed the both of them – the guy, for asking for money with first conversation with someone, and the lady, for responding the way she did, and calling him out on her timeline.

Some other users have also contacted @badmansauce to assist him with money.

@badmansauce has reacted to the development, saying he actually sent the message and wasn’t hacked. He added that he did because he was “scared and ashamed” of himself.

See below:

BellaNaijarians, what are your thoughts?

1. Bia

September 12, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Stop begging. No one owes anybagga anything.

• angry bird

September 12, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Wow.. just wow.. do you know what it took the person to beg (if genuine).. God help us

• Bia

September 12, 2017 at 4:48 pm

@angry bird, a fool and his money are soon parted. You lot saying the lady overacted are just arrgh. If you know me and want to ask for money so, social media is where to ask. People, wear your thinking cap. Whatever happened to a phone all? This person you DM on social media is so close to you enough to ask them for money and yet, you cannot call them? Bloody entitled beggar. Proud to boot too.

• angry bird

September 12, 2017 at 5:04 pm

@Bia. please take time out to read and digest the chat and subsequent posts by both the lola and the guy. from what i read he apologized to her. for heaven’s sake grow a heart if you do not have one. he even went ahead to lie and see if she would shrug it off.. she did and went to twitter.. she is not the first person that people have begged on twitter and she wont be the last. people to it to celebs like don jazzy and once in a while he gives them.. @Bia take time out to read your comments and you will realize you are one of the world’s problems.. no insults intended.. look at the flooded areas of the world where complete strangers helped each other irrespective of their class, problems or privilege.. if she was having a bad day a simple ‘No i do not have’ would have solved it and case closed instead of shaming the guy. i am a lady like her that is why it pains me so much that a fellow woman would not have empathy. for the sake of next time No is sufficient.. block the person.. case closed..

2. Chu

September 12, 2017 at 2:27 pm

If I where the one, since it was a complete stranger I would have ignored the message. And perhaps I happened to respond, I would have responded politely that currently I can’t do that shikena.
    I know there are several hackers I experienced one yesterday, someone I know very well sent me a DM on fb to help transfer money to an account that they would pay the next day, I immediately called the person and she sent a disclaimer message that her account had been hacked, cos the kind of person she is, being someone highly respected some people would send money without confirming while others might be internally beefing.
    All the while even though I knew it was a hacker I was very polite.
    Some people are genuinely in need and might not be doing it as a form of business, so till you ascertain that they are actual crooks, you could save them their dignity while keeping your cash.

• Jade edo babe

September 13, 2017 at 6:34 pm

@angry bird
      High five to you. Thank you so much.
      This Lola babe no try at all. Abeg, people beg for money all the time, life is hard man. Forget all this shiny tinz people dey portray for social media, people dey struggle hard.
      Abeg, she’s being petty and overdramatic. Let’s think of how many women beg men for money all the time, social media, publicly , privately etc Just bcos you are shy, indirect about it, na same begging.
      All she had to do is, hey i can’t do it. case closed.
      You can talk to him more to find out his situation, if it’s something you can help with why not. If not, cool no need to post him and humiliate him.

3. Eugene

September 12, 2017 at 2:29 pm

I’m happy it all worked out well for him in the end. Lola should be shamed of herself.

4. Eugene

September 12, 2017 at 2:30 pm

*ashamed

5. Sammie

September 12, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Some women are just vile and narcissistic. Best option is to avoid & ignore.

Goodluck to the guy that copes with that!

6. angry bird

September 12, 2017 at 2:41 pm

It takes courage for anyone to beg. i do not know what the lady and why she did what she did but it was not fair. she could have just politely turned him down or something else. she now put it up on twitter.. haba na.. may she never be in a position to beg and may God help the guy if he is genuine… humans are our natural disasters here.

• Som

September 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm

It takes which courage? You have not met professional beggars …..young men who have made it their mission to beg through life. I met one outside my church, every Sunday he harasses people on their way out of daystar asking for tfare. He begs so much that he doesn’t even remember faces. Lo and behold, I saw this same dude in lekki phase 1 on more than 2 occasions begging for tfare. I didn’t even know when I shouted and the guy threatened to beat me and even abused me

My dear you don’t know if lola had a long day at work or they are even owing salary and someone will now enter dm, not even ask how you are nd start begging for money. I imagine if it was those days my boss used to chase me round the office wanting to hug me, after fighting that one, u will now come home and check twitter thinking na better toaster only to accept and hear gimme money……e reach to swear for the guy o…

You wanna beg,beg with sense

7. Prime Babe

September 12, 2017 at 3:05 pm

I may not understand totally why she felt she would do a call out, but I understand the pressure that comes from being asked to give what you did not plan or intend to give….They’re gon’ be alright las las

8. Baby gurl

September 12, 2017 at 3:10 pm

I can’t believe anyone would support this so called King Lola with what she did. Why call him out? What happened to blocking him? What happened to raining insults right there in the dm and ending it there? He already said, in shame, that he was hacked whereas he wasn’t. And she still called him out? He probably was desperate for money. What has she gained from this now? That she’s a bad ass boss bitch right? Oh congrats. I didn’t realize that shaming people in need was a boss move. People have to sit up. We don’t know where life could take us. I’ve been down before now I’m up. I could be down again tomorrow. What am I assured of? That God will provide for me no matter how. Life is deeper than we see o. Love is what will take us to heaven. Love of God and love for others. My 2 cents.

9. Miss_Flygerian

September 12, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Exposing him like this is unnecessary and almost callous. Yes, he should have at least tried to engage her in small talk before asking for financial assistance. I mean, how do you just add someone up and next thing you’re begging for money? Where they do that at? But she could have just ended it in the DM. Why call him out like this? People are now trying so hard to act savage. Chill out, mbok.

10. FlashGister

September 12, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Both of them can’t be blamed, i have never seen where its a crime to ask, which is far better than stealing. And for the lady i think it should be a bad day, because there’s no need for what she did, wasn’t called for.

11. do u know?

September 12, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Do you know how girls beg us daily on IG for money?
    -money for Data
    -money for hair
    -money for pizza
    -money for phone
    -money for clothes/shoes/bags
    -money for rent
    -infact money for chatting them up
    -money for spending time with you
    -even money for their own breathing and existence

but you will never see a guy call out a woman out…Let the tables turn….you see the likes of LOLA!

Lola doesnt owe the guy any money and not obligated to, but the way she responded and her subsequent actions shows that she is…….

12. zzzzzzzzzzz

September 12, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Don’t really blame her, some guys can just be like that. A University class mate of mine in boxed me on facebook and i accepted his friendship. Only for him to ask for 1,000 naira the following day. I gave him but was really pissed. Why make friends on social media just to beg, it’s not just proper.

13. Dr.N

September 12, 2017 at 6:31 pm

SMs should be confidential and even if she wanted to call him out she could have hidden his identity.
    Better to err on the side of caution. Shut him down firmly and politely
    I think it is impolite to beg a lady you don’t know for money on social media but if he really was desperate I hope God uses the disgrace to open doors for him so he can “work” with his hands earn a living and help others

14. Dr.N

September 12, 2017 at 6:32 pm

*DMs

15. Xoxo

September 12, 2017 at 7:37 pm

She should have ignored. That guy may have been in sincered need. She ended up embarrassing herself.