Music

M.I suing Nas to the tune of $1.1 Million

BellaNaija.com

M.I suing Nas to Court to the tune of $1.1 Million - BellaNaijaRapper M.I and his label Chocolate City are suing to court hip-hop artist Nasir Jones, better known as Nas.

In a lawsuit obtained by Pulse, Chocolate City claims, in 2013, the sum of $50,000 was paid to Nas and a co-defendant Ronnie Goodman to secure a verse from Nas on M.I’s track “Man.”

The track was to feature in M.I’s album “Chairman,” and Nas’ verse was to contain the words, phrases and facts “M.I, Chocolate City, Nigeria, Queens, New York—NAS’s hometown—, Mandela, Trayvon Martin, and the struggles of Africans and African Americans.”

A verse dubbed the “possible verse” was sent to Chocolate City by the defendants, but did not contain any of the “agreed-upon names, phrases and facts,” nor did it contain anything to indicate it was a collaboration between Nas and M.I.

The verse was sent back, with the defendants agreeing to make the desired changes.

However, up until the present day, neither the edited verse nor the mastered recording has been sent to Chocolate City.

Chocolate City are demanding that the defendants pay to the sum of $1.1 million, with punitive damages and attorney’s fees, for their refusal to refund the initial $50,000, their refusal to send an edited verse or master recording, and for losses and damages suffered.

See the lawsuit below:

M.I suing Nas to Court to the sum of $1.1 Million - BellaNaija

1. Linda

October 20, 2017 at 4:56 pm

M. I YOU JUST WANT TO BE IN THE NEWS COS NOBODY CARES about what you are up to any more. Dumbest law suit I ever heard

You are dealing with greatest of all time

• Tutu

October 20, 2017 at 5:04 pm

That’s why these guys think they can do whatever they like and get away with it. I think MI has a good case here.

• Person

October 20, 2017 at 5:05 pm

So because he’s dealing with the “greatest of all time”, he shouldn’t sue for contract enforcement? rme and smh. The human mind is a beautiful thing to waste.

• swerve

October 20, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Your level of stupidity is dumbfounding

• Curious

October 20, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Why is it dumb if they really paid 50K and never got the value of the service they paid for?

• Yup!

October 20, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Ode ni e. The ignorance within your brain needs exfoliating

• Doronize

October 20, 2017 at 11:17 pm

Why is M.I pointing his little finger at a big face?

• Mawi

October 21, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Smh… Please pick up ur self esteem from the ground. So u would let people ride over u and cheat u because they are ‘great’, famous, whatever? You poor thing, i feel sorry for u. * Dumb and Dumber*

2. Yup!

October 20, 2017 at 5:36 pm

They probably thought they were dealing with some local label that couldn’t touch them in their US of A. If all that has been said is true, Nas needs to pay up. Breach of contract is breach of contract.

Proud of Choc City for not letting this go. Industries on the African Continent needs to let those outside of it know that the days of taking advantage are ending.

3. Rap Fan

October 20, 2017 at 6:44 pm

MI, you just sued one of the gods, what blasphemy! Later you’ll be tweeting at Rozay for a feature?? What would happen if all the artist you screwed over sued you too…Milli hope you listening,,karma a bitch

4. TEE

October 20, 2017 at 11:28 pm

You guys will not believe it , I am here for BN …what in the world is ‘sueing to court’, you either ‘sue in court’ or ‘take to court’ ,abeg don’t invent your own ,my kids could read and since you are suppose to be a posh website ,we expect good English or maybe not .

Bye …meanwhile if any one comes for me ,tomorrow is Saturday, I have plenty of time on my hand and unlimited Wi-Fi #justsaying

• Jezebel

October 21, 2017 at 5:56 am

@ Tee – no one here has time to blog wrestle with you and your “unlimited wi-if” keyboard warrior. Down girl/boy, take your angst somewhere else. Good night.

5. Jezebel

October 21, 2017 at 5:56 am

Wi-fi

6. Anon

October 22, 2017 at 12:20 am

RIP Chime. I just found out it was the same dude we spent quality time in school.