Scoop

Vivienne Westwood’s secret to Staying Young: Bathe Less

BellaNaija.com

Vivienne Westwood's secret to Staying Young: Bathe Less - BellaNaija

Vivienne Westwood and Andreas Kronthaler (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)

Staying young may be easier to achieve than most people think, considering the advice of fashion designer Vivienne Westwood.

The 76-year-old’s secret to looking young? Bathe once a week.

According to Guardian, after her husband, Andreas Kronthaler‘s show at the Paris Fashion Week, the environmentalist was asked her secret to maintaining her youthful looks.

“Don’t wash too much,” she said.

“She only takes a bath every week. That’s why she looks so radiant,” Kronthaler added.

And while hers may seem a little strange, Kronthaler revealed: “I only wash once a month.”

Photo Credit: Chris Jackson/Getty Images

1. Marie Antoinette

October 4, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Ew! Smelly bunch!

2. Olivia

October 4, 2017 at 9:09 pm

O_O

3. The Real Oma

October 4, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Ewww,
    get regularly told I look way younger than I really am and I bath twice a day.
    She doesn’t even look that young anyways…

4. Weezy

October 4, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Who?

5. o

October 4, 2017 at 11:09 pm

Talk about a couple having something in common ??

6. Funmilola

October 5, 2017 at 12:28 am

What’s this guy doing with this old lady?

7. Gigi

October 5, 2017 at 3:23 am

I just wanna know who exactly Wants to.look like her. SMDH

8. iou

October 5, 2017 at 3:34 am

My body is already itching me,… gross!

9. Titi

October 5, 2017 at 5:14 am

Bathe once a week ke?? With naija heat and sweat??? hisss…

10. John

October 5, 2017 at 6:50 am

Someone please let me know if this lady should ever decide to come to Nigeria anytime….. so I can just retire to my village for the period of her visit. I’m rushing off to the toilet…..my stomach is queasy already, just thinking about this.

11. John

October 5, 2017 at 7:06 am

Hey Angela!
    Here’s wishing you a fun filled day…..& an overflow of God’s eternal blessing.

12. Felinda

October 5, 2017 at 10:08 am

Who told her she looks young
    At 76 she look like death

• lin

October 6, 2017 at 8:53 am

See eh, if i’m dismissed from work today becuase of rolling on the floor, whailling and ‘tears of laughter’ because of this your comment, i swear, i’m packing straight into your home. I almost broke my ribs from laughing. Choi, you people we nor kee me here ooo

13. Felinda

October 5, 2017 at 10:15 am

Akata and white folks don’t bath but once a week. They don’t even know how to clean their coochie well. Yet their men go down on them. Utterly disgusting

Anyone who attended secondary school in Africa knows we bath at least twice a day and if you don’t you are simply disgusting with smelly body odour. I bathe twice a day and I’m sticking to it

Ps: dear smelly people you can spray a whole bottle of perfume that will still not take out the smell of your stinky body odor. Bath bath bath and don’t ignore your coochie, armpit, belly button, behind your ear etc. Take your time. Scratch your skin with your fingers after bathing if there is dirt in your finger nails, you didn’t bath well boo. Start all over.

• Sakura

October 5, 2017 at 10:40 am

Lol

14. Tolu Kehinde

October 5, 2017 at 10:29 am

Why are you guys worried about her advice now. You do know that Oyibo skin wrinkles so easily and so regular bathing and scrubbing of the skin by an Oyibo will speed up the wrinkling and sagging process and that is why she says she baths less. Thank God for your melanin skin which doesn’t have that problem of wrinkling and sagging. That is why I can never understand why some of our men & women bleach. By bleaching you are removing the upper layer of your skin and so your skin with the upper layer now removed becomes just like Oyibo skin with no protected upper layer. that is why when you see a man or woman who has bleached their skin, they look so old and wrinkly with age whereas those who don’t bleach stay looking youthful even well into their 60’s.

15. Sakura

October 5, 2017 at 10:45 am

Even the once a week will not qualify as a proper bath, na just to lie down inside tub filled with water and bath salts. Nothing beats a good scrub abeg.

16. e.j.

October 5, 2017 at 11:13 am

Tufiakwa!!!

17. Diamond

October 5, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Pls, is it wrong to insert your finger into your vagina whilst rinsing with water? I was taught the vagina is self-cleansing so no need for the insert, but some friends says they were taught otherwise.

18. Sherri

October 6, 2017 at 2:18 am

@ Diamond ,
    U are right, the vagina is self cleaning.you should wash the outer parts. And avoid inserting any thing not sterile into the vagina.

• Diamond

October 6, 2017 at 10:30 am

Thank you for responding, Sherri.

• wifematerial

October 7, 2017 at 3:52 am

you just have to stick on ur fingers and wash with lots of water………………self cleaning ko, what if you are on your period.?????

• Diamond

October 7, 2017 at 9:16 am

@ Wife material, you stick in your hands even during your period? Wow!