Relationships

Jeweler Malivelihood proposes to Girlfriend Deola Smart with ₦56 Million Ring

BellaNaija.com

Luxury designer and jeweler Michael Awujoola a.k.a Malivelihood has just proposed to his girlfriend of two years, Deola Smart. Deola is the daughter of a former Kogi district senator, Smart Adeyemi.

The couple started dating in 2015 (click here) and since then he has showered her with several expensive gifts – from a 10-Carat Cartier watch to a mansion worth $1.5million for Valentine’s Day.

Malivelihood took his relationship a step further by proposing to Deola on her birthday recently.

How did he do it? He got down on his knee at Heathrow Airport and proposed with a custom made ring. He describes the ring as a “GIA 11.5ct diamond princess cut band with 2.5ct diamond, emerald cut centre stone, internally flawless! E colour VVS1”.

He also revealed that the ring was worth $156k, which is approximately 56 million Naira. According to Malivelihood, “I worked hard for this. ??”.

See the proposal photo and ring video below.

Photo Credit: Instagram – @malivelihood

1. Bodunade

November 21, 2017 at 12:15 pm

Love rain down on me, on me , down on me.
    Love and money like Pounded Yam and Egusi, So Beautiful.

• Loki

November 21, 2017 at 12:44 pm

No disrespect but are you sure you’re a guy?

2. Mary

November 21, 2017 at 12:20 pm

It sucks to be Tonto Dikeh right now

• Jobestina

November 21, 2017 at 12:38 pm

And what has Tonto got to do with this? Please be respectful. One more thing, if you don’t know how to you the phrase “it sucks,” then don’t.

• Joke

November 21, 2017 at 12:39 pm

AHHHHHHHH

• Biker Chic

November 21, 2017 at 1:13 pm

No it does not. Tonto actually dodged a bullet. How do you marry a man that calculates every penny he spends on gifts to you and advertise same on social media? I am disapointed that the ring is ONLY $156K. I expected it to be $5Million in the same category as Beyonce, Cardi B, Kim K. Rubbish human being. This girl had better shine her eyes before walking down the isle with this 419. Tufia.

• RIFF RAFF

November 21, 2017 at 2:40 pm

I don’t think so because Tonto is not a doormat.
      Don’t be surpised if you hear rumours of this same guy reminding the lady “if it wasn’t for me, you won’t be who/what/where you are today” at any given opportunity. The more the gift is expensive, the tighter the guy’s grip. Such people can go as far as making you feel you owe them your very life in the name of “gifts”.

Think wisely when accepting “bling gifts” cos you may be unknowingly entering a golden cage . And for sure,you will be treated like a sub-human and stifled. It is not always out of love guys do this kind of thing

3. Loki

November 21, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Considering how careless I am, I am already developing heart failure at the thought of owning jewellery this expensive. I don’t think I’ve ever had a pair of earrings that have lasted a year without one going its own way; regardless of its value. This is why I can’t have nice things. Dear future wife/husband, please buy me a watch instead. That’s the only accessory that I can keep safe…

• Deleke

November 21, 2017 at 1:25 pm

@ Loki

‘Dear future wife/husband’ got me all confused

• Loki

November 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm

@Deleke – What do you find confusing?

• Busarni

November 21, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Tranny alert?

• Loki

November 21, 2017 at 3:32 pm

@Busarni, Ur making both my balls and uterus itch…

• Satanist

November 21, 2017 at 5:22 pm

You really are mischievous. Loling at @making my balls and Uterus itch’

4. bolintin

November 21, 2017 at 12:53 pm

He was smarter than Churchill but I hope he is also smarter than Ms. Smarts’ ex

5. Fear God...

November 21, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Why this guy feels a constant need to show off his gifts is beyond me. ‘I bought my baby Cartier watch’; ‘Look at the house i gifted my darling’; ‘The ring i gave her is flawless’…Takes away from the intimacy of it all.

• Biker Chic

November 21, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Thank you. This man is the new definition of low. Very basic man.

6. Yem

November 21, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Congrats guys , the guy should take a cue from Kim kardashian , putting prices of valuables and showing them off to the public puts your loved ones in harms way and makes them unnecessary vulnerable to robbery. The deed is done so my advice is security up !!!!

7. Mrs chidukane

November 21, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Deola breaks plate
    Malivelihood : Deola,how could you break that custom, gold plated crystal bowl that I bought for 3ook dollars after seeing it in Queen Elizabeth’s house? Stop spoiling my stuff. I worked hard to buy these things. And go and wear your ring. I didn’t buy it for your drawer.

Imagine hearing stuff like this forever and ever. Good luck nne.

• Ene

November 21, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Hahahahaha

Just like in the indian movie ‘3 idiots’

Viruses daughter was engaged to a guy like that.

Everything was a price tag to him.

8. Engoz

November 21, 2017 at 3:00 pm

I’m reading you people’s comments and I’m like who are these people? Never heard of them before.

• Loki

November 21, 2017 at 3:25 pm

I thought it was just me!!!

• Tasmea

November 21, 2017 at 5:18 pm

They are what are called blogbrities. “Celebs” made by blogs and exist on only blogs. I don’t think you should bother your head too much about it.

9. Dolly

November 21, 2017 at 3:06 pm

*Insert Kandi Face* The lies, the lies
    Y’all slow if you believe that ring cost N56M….met this dude in New York and I’d rather not put details here but sh!t do bella keep hyping these regular Joe’s up???
    Making a girl dream of finding her rich African prince #dud smdfh

• Genevieve

November 21, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Please put details abeg. Or send to my email @[email protected]?. Small Amebo plzz

• Dolly

November 22, 2017 at 2:27 am

Well this tea was made from my dirty linen so nope sorry lol

10. rae