Features

What it means when you wake to find a Dead Owl at your Doorstep

BellaNaija.com

An impromptu visit from your ancestors? Your enemies have been defeated? An acceptance from Hogwarts for your ward? It could mean anything… or nothing.

Media personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu found a dead owl outside his door and Twitter users are going off ??.

He posted a photo of the dead bird, asking: “Why is there a dead owl at my door this morning?” and writing: “I’m sure your week has started a little different than mine…”

Of course, being who we are, Nigerians have come armored with stories about monitoring spirits and village enemies ???.

!They have been defeated”, “God has fought his battles”… Nigerians really come fully prepared to these things.

See what Twitter users think it means when you find a dead owl at your doorstep:

What it means when you wake to find a Dead Owl at your Doorstep - BellaNaija What it means when you wake to find a Dead Owl at your Doorstep - BellaNaija Photo Credit: Ebuka

1. Felinda

November 6, 2017 at 1:17 pm

And for God’s sake Africans
    It’s means nothing
    The weather is too damn hot
    The damn bird got exhausted from thirst and dehydration, fell and died.. End of story.
    Ah ah

• Zeb

November 6, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Ehnnnnn really!!!!My dear u didn’t write what is actually on your mind???, dehydration ko hydration ni… ok bye

• Jade edo babe

November 6, 2017 at 6:59 pm

@felinda
      That’s oyibo talk and mind. but for naija people na demonic tins o.
      If I see a dead owl in front of my house now, I will be unbothered, go about my day. If na my house for naija prayer, casting and roasting the devil, deliverance time.
      Chai, naija people are too consumed by the devil, everything is witchcraft and spiritual warfare.
      I like the oyibo people mindset better, i can live my life freely without fear of juju and superstition

2. Deleke

November 6, 2017 at 1:25 pm

If na in the abroad, authorities will take it away for autopsy.
    But in Africa, it means sir your prayer rain and 70 days fasting prayers worked. Bros, sprinkle fire water round your house.

3. tutu

November 6, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Demonic forces are real guys, so real! but we are more than conqueror. We serve a living God.

4. THE MUMMY

November 6, 2017 at 2:10 pm

@tutu, why bother ? Let everyone continue to bury their heads in the sand concerning spiritual ssues. There is no devil, there are no demons, no angels, no witches, no voodoo, no hell, no heaven. Party, party, party eat, drink and be merry 24/7. Lol

• LemmeRant

November 6, 2017 at 2:17 pm

No no.

Some of them believe there is God and there are angels, but demons don’t exist ??

5. nene

November 6, 2017 at 2:14 pm

if i find a dead owl in front of my door, i will be scared. i don’t want anything dead at my doorstep.

6. bruno

November 6, 2017 at 2:23 pm

nigerians and their mass stupidity. why won’t ur politicians loot u guys dry and then rub it in ur faces when nobody in the country has any damn sense. the small group of people that have sense are castigated and called all sorts of names
    there is nothing like demonic forces. witches and wizards with magical powers dont exist. ur pastor is just using it as a means to con u out of u hard earned money.
    animals like owls vultures snakes and pure black/pure white domestic cats have been given a bad image thanks to silly superstitious africans. wake up people.

• Ann

November 6, 2017 at 2:57 pm

Logic cannot explain some things.

I have had experiences with a white cat and an owl before.
      In the late 80’s a white cat tried to run out of our compound, an elderly man shot like two or three times but the cat kept on running and eventually scaled the fence.

In the same compound, I woke up and looked outside the window to find an owl staring at me. I stared back and the owl wouldn’t remove its gaze. I managed to fall asleep and woke up the next morning very weak.

• Ada2times

November 6, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Ah! O ma se o. *shakes head for Bruno*

• Ekene

November 6, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Ann Owl doesn’t fear gazes at all. Your fear for the bird got you weak, at most time of the day, they are blind. They are nocturnal animals.

7. Honestina

November 6, 2017 at 2:29 pm

So no one is talking about making soup with it?? It looks delicious

8. bruno

November 6, 2017 at 3:41 pm

owls vultures cats snakes etc these animals are highly intelligent fascinating creatures they are not witches or wizards. this particular owl probably flew into an electric pole or naked wire and got electrocuted.

there is a hairless domestic cat. it has no hair or fur on its body. it looks weird and creepy. I’m sure if many of u see this cat at night u will call it a witch and start casting and binding and speaking in tongues.

no wonder white people mock us blacks.

• Funmilola

November 6, 2017 at 4:23 pm

And you think the white people that mock us don’t believe or practice witchcraft too?
      demos exist big time….

• The real dee

November 6, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Gosh, why do you guys keep saying ‘oyinbo dont believe in witchcraft’? The Oyinbos around me here believe in the existence of witchcraft and demons. Look up Derek Prince on Youtube, in fact he will educate you on the existence of demons and manifestation of witchcraft activities in the church. He is Oyinbo.

The church I attend is 98% oyinbo and my pastor ( who is oyinbo) sure believes in the existence of witchcraft. He even went on to say majority of the people who are in an asylum should actually be undergoing deliverance because it’s usually demons tormenting them. Now, this is in the US. He calls psychics, mediums and spiritists who use crystal balls to tell people’s future, witches. And I bet you, most of them are white.

In the U.K., Manchester to be precise, I saw a ‘ school of witchcraft’ bus conveying students to school. These were oyinbo people going to learn how to become witches and wizards. They also have places like that in the US. And don’t say that witchcraft is different from African witchcraft, it is the same evil spirit.

9. Jummy

November 6, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Funmilola leave Bruno. As if white people don’t believe in demons and witches.

They may not carry it on their heads like Africans do but they sure believe in these things. The New Age religion is NOT a joke.

10. tunmi

November 6, 2017 at 5:33 pm

…..I can’t

11. mystery

November 6, 2017 at 6:13 pm

na white people juju strong pass [email protected] let me tell you a lil story..happened in my church.a lil girl was always singing daddy is a dead man)3x i know)x3..the mom was a lil worried ,she called her husbands attention to it,but you know all this people wey don tey for obodo oyibo,them no they believe in voodoo ,na so the man say oh darling shes just a lil girl ,maybe she prolly heard it in school,fast forward some month later ,the man sell almost 12 houses ,containers seized at port.in short he went totally bankrupt.na so them carry this man come church.my pastor look am tell am say where is your last child .he brought her foward. you are going to pray,na so the man said he cannot shout say him vocal chord go break.if him shout like the prayer warriors wey come pray for the church.During the prayer sessions,the lil girl begin manifest,attacked one of the prayer warriors,by the time holyghost flog her n fire burn her well well,her bpapa begin shout n pray.na him begin lead the prayer session by himself.my Pastor,very funny man,gently tapped him on the shoulder ,Mr sososo take it easy ,your vocal chord,the man said let it break let it break,,,,,,,we burst into laughter..so all this people wey think say we too spiritual for naija..make una continue,may the devil never ever no you address,amen

12. kmt

November 6, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Hummm if i could moph into an animal i would just go to the airport go to the bathroom change into an ant hop onto someones bag and travel to usa or whereever visa / transport free. What a waste of power to change into a dumb animal that cant give u anything. Kmt. Nigerians wiseup please.

13. Brenda

November 6, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Its very rare to see an owl but even if it was a bird he found, people will still believe its a witch.

14. Tobi

November 6, 2017 at 8:21 pm

If you are going to be scared of every Ant that passes your front door then the devil no need to do any hard work. People just dey get raised BP for natural phenomenon. Let me tell you wat your tithe collecting pastor fails to tell you. The devil cannot create, God created every living thing. The devil is a master of illusion, so he will first concur with fear, then the dominos begin to fall, cumulating in self destruction. e,g the owl was sent to kill, induces fear, raised BP heart attack. I beg free una self. stop this dying several times (Anxiety from fear) before your actual death.

15. Loki

November 6, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Awwww poor Hedwig. Seems like Voldemort got him. He was a good owl….His friends and family will miss him dearly. RIP

16. Od

November 7, 2017 at 12:47 pm

@FelinDa
    So it didn’t see anywhere to get dehydrated and die it’s at Ebuka’s doorstep okwia?! Issorite..lol