News

Police investigating Death of Ex-PDP Chairman’s Son allegedly stabbed to Death by Wife

BellaNaija.com

Police investigating Death of Ex-PDP Chairman's Son Bilyamin Bello - BellaNaija

The Police Command in the FCT  says it is investigating the death of the son of a former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Chairman, Bilyamin Bello.

The Public Relations Officer of the Command, DSP Anjuguri Manzah, disclosed this in an interview on Monday in Abuja.

Manzah said that immediately Maitama Police Division received the information about the death, it went to the scene and arrested the suspect.

He explained that the FCT  command had since taken over the case from Maitama Division, and that the suspect was in its custody.

According to him, investigation was ongoing, and that the case would be charged to court and “justice will take its course.”

According to Punch, Bello had been stabbed to death by his wife Maryam Sanda.

The couple, who have a daughter together, had according to Punch been having marital troubles.

A friend of Bello who spoke to Punch said the deceased had just returned to his home from the hospital after part of his ear was bitten off by Sanda.

Bilyamin Bello had been reportedly advised to leave his house, and was planning to divorce his wife before he was killed.

The source told Punch:

Maryam had attacked Bilyamin before the latest incident, which unfortunately led to his death.

The two got married about two years ago when the former PDP chairman persuaded his son to marry Maryam.

Everyone was shocked by Bilyamin’s death; it was sudden, unexpected and tragic.

1. TGT

November 20, 2017 at 5:38 pm

So wait, his marriage to her was by the insistence of his dad? Even after he was already married to his first wife for approximately a year? That he had to divorce in order to marry again? Haaaaaaa

• LemmeRant

November 20, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Yes. That’s the justifiable reason she murdered her Husband.

2. Lailatu

November 20, 2017 at 5:46 pm

BN, you’re so late and still some details.

3. ND babe

November 20, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Bella Naijans, where art thou? I showed up here expectant for discourse. well, let me start. To Maryam, no man is worth the rest of a woman’s life. You have just self-destructed for the sake of another human being. If he was your child, I’d say it was worth it. But you were not joined at the hip at birth. Why oh why would you be so jealous as to commit murder? Also, you are wifey #2. He divorced #1 to get you in. Were you expecting him to change in adulthood and become this faithful being that he never was? I really want our women to open their eyes and start to see themselves as worth more than the definition marriage may accord you in Nigeria. Certainly it could not be about the comforts of money since she comes from a moneyed family. So this is just sheer jealousy. All for a man. May I never sacrifice my future for the sake of a man with one head and four limbs. Never.

• NA WA

November 20, 2017 at 6:12 pm

You are extremely ridiculous! A case of domestic violence, and you are somehow indirectly trying to point out how imperfect and worthless men are? Focusing on the mans infidelity and wondering how the mans issues caused her trouble is just beyond me. Flip this around , and let us assume it was the man that stabbed the woman for cheating, Would you focus on her faults or would you most likely condemn the man for being EVIL? Women are the REAL definition of double standard. A Man gets beaten or killed by his woman, its his fault, flip things around and its domestic abuse and violence. Woman grabs your penis in the club, she is being bold and free. When a man does the same, he trends on the internet. t LET ME BE CLEAR, NONE OF THESE THINGS ARE RIGHT, ON ALL SIDES!! Just pointing out the double standard. You would think that should be an obvious thing to realize.

• bruno

November 20, 2017 at 7:04 pm

madame what is the point of writing this useless epistle. are u trying to justify why she stabbed her husband to death? she’s wife no 2, so what? he was cheating on her, so what? does that justify her stabbing him to death. no wonder @john calls u women on this blog fish brain.

• ND babe

November 20, 2017 at 9:39 pm

@Nawa Oh please. The man was flawed in his own way. Everyone has a flaw. His caused his death. Yes of course, he is the victim of domestic violence! It is not always the woman that is the victim. I cant seem to see where in my note I suggest this. Anyhoo……. His wife’s actions are far from sanctioned by my comment. That is why I wrote the note to the female in the story. If it was a case of a male murdering his wife, I will use the same script. No man should mortgage his future because of a female partner. In marriage, how you were brought into the boat is how you will live in the boat. If there was a last passenger that had to be deboarded to accommodate you, how the last passenger was deboarded is how you will be deboarded. It is time we opened our eyes and stopped lying to ourselves. When we lie to ourselves as females, we become shattered and we do the worst in that hot minute when you realize your castle of dreams is built on a sand foundation. Not worth it at all. Using an analogy that appeals to males, lest I be accused of feminism, if a man has an encounter with a runs girl and he decides to bring her home as wife he should not expect that the runz part of her will automatically disappear. That is being unrealistic. It might, but that would be an unlikely situation. One day the man will wake up and commit a crime of passion and forget that the person he chose as partner was simply doing what is normal to her. I have seen women accept that a man they have chosen as husband is polygamous and decide live with that person with that expectation. They are happy because they did not lie to themselves about what they signed up for.

• Manny

November 21, 2017 at 12:00 am

ND Babe, what if a man stabs his previously married wife?

• The real dee

November 21, 2017 at 2:05 am

I’n sorry, but you are officially an idiot. I’ve never had the urge to throw insults on BN, but ND babe, you take the trophy for official idiot of BN. Did you read what you wrote? How can you be so vile? A woman just murdered her husband and this is what you have to say?

• The real dee

November 21, 2017 at 2:13 am

On a second thought, ND Babe, sorry for insulting you. I was just too pissed at what you wrote. There are no excuses for killing a spouse whether male or female. Your post is subtly coming to the defense of a murderer and it really put me off. Once again, sorry for the insults.

4. Moniker

November 20, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Bn, you came late still you ain’t up to date. Una no just de try.
    Feminists, y’all should come out and supoport your kind. She has done it for you all.

• John

November 20, 2017 at 6:39 pm

@moniker..she is a strong woman according to her fellow feminists who will be flooding here to justify her insanity…they will be chanting Go girl and woman power?..I hope she never see the sunlight again..she did the femtard proud..atleast one man down for the sisters….that is why I advise men not to listen and tolerate shit from any woman especially when they start with that their hypocritical domestic violence mantra ( they love to shout about) or forming victim… listen to them and OYO is your case like this dead fellow…men protect yourselves by any means necessary or if u want continue forming simps and stupid real man ( whatever that means) for them…..anyway, I trust the tribe she is from to handle her

• Loki

November 20, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Was this supposed to be edgy or sarcastic? Cos it falls flat on both. If you do not know what feminism is, how about you get some schooling and stop displaying your patent ignorance all over the place? Please if you have a daughter or sisters, make sure they don’t get any education and they get married at 9, since you apparently think feminism has no place in this world and it is the equivalent of crazy, scorned, knife-wielding wives.

• Weezy

November 20, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Prove that she was a feminist.

Wanker.

• Confuzzled

November 20, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Please try to understand the meaning of words before you use them. If this woman committed a crime, then she should be tried and punished accordingly. That has nothing to do with feminism.

Feminism in a nutshell is a movement/ideology that seeks to promote women’s rights; to obtain educational, professional, etc opportunities for women that are equal to such opportunities for men. I hope this helps you in the future.

5. Anonymous today

November 20, 2017 at 6:42 pm

The real story which won’t make the press is that there is a history of drug abuse in the home. Asin hard drugs. Not just the normal codeine that is already prevalent in the north.

• Cocolette

November 20, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Waawu! Please help BN and drop that part of this sad story

• Fifi

November 21, 2017 at 9:21 am

But she murdered him, yes or no?

6. Engoz

November 20, 2017 at 7:02 pm

See us see trouble o. Wetin concern feminism for this one? I would like to see your reasons before I tear you apart.

A northern Muslim is now a feminist because she allegedly killed her husband?

Like what kind of reasoning is this? Were you taught by those Kaduna teachers that said examination is not a true test of knowledge?

• NaijaLikita

November 20, 2017 at 11:21 pm

Abeg, can’t northern Muslim women be feminists? Careful. Your bigotry is showing.

• Chief

November 21, 2017 at 1:49 am

@Engoz…

You are a hypocrite,she acted in self defense,right?? Call a spade a spade. You see why your movement is steeped in hypocrisy..I have been saying this for ages when it comes to domestic confrontation women are more violent than men.They are more likely than men to be verbally and physically aggressive towards their partner. You see!! bruised and battered husbands have been complaining for years and now this has proved them right..Yes,we do get women aggressing against their male partners than men against their female partners.

• Engoz

November 22, 2017 at 9:19 pm

I posted a comment here. where is it?

7. Loki

November 20, 2017 at 7:23 pm

And in a proactive response to all the potential feminism bashers who will bring feminism into this, know now. THIS is why we need feminism. No true feminist can risk her life and freedom simply because her husband slept with someone else. Because her entire existence isn’t tied to him. It is the so called non feminist women whose identity is tied to their marital status that lose their heads over things like that. How does it even make sense to any rational person to hurt someone physically over sex? That isn’t female empowerment. Call it what it is- the actions of a severely deranged woman.

• Engoz

November 20, 2017 at 11:05 pm

‘It is the so called non feminist women whose identity is tied to their marital status that lose their heads over things like that.’

They always advise these ‘virtuous non feminist women’ to ‘fight for their home’. I guess this one took ‘fighting for her home’ literally.lol.

8. Lilo

November 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Women drama at such young age for this poor man. One way or the other, a woman was destined to mastermind his demise.RIP

• Chief

November 21, 2017 at 9:21 am

@Engoz…..Honestly, your comments angers me to the core. Hypocrite like you come online to encourage women to leave their husband while you stay married to your pot belly cheating husband.Your movement seeks to dismantle the traditional family unit for its own gain.Why would any responsible woman support a movement that want to destroy the institution of marriage and celebrate divorce as empowerment?? Responsible and loyal women should say no to the feminists agenda of fatherless society where single parent families usually dominated by women are becoming the norm.

• Engoz

November 21, 2017 at 12:42 pm

@Chief

Wetin concern my husband for this one? Are you lusting after my husband? ? Or you want to start attacking families? I have no problem with that. Don’t complain if I attack your own family from the oldest to the youngest in subsequent posts. BN may not even post what I’ll write, hehehe. I know it peppers you in your body that I do not fit into your silly narrative of ‘feminists don’t have husbands’. They all wish chimamanda doesn’t have a husband so that they can perch on that narrative like a fly on sh*t, rotflmao!!???? Honestly God is on our side. You will continue to rant till you quench. And I will continue to throw your arguments in the dustbin. In the meantime stop lusting after my husband.? otherwise I’m coming for your mother.

• Engoz

November 21, 2017 at 2:18 pm

@Chief
      First, I would need for you to provide me with receipts where I campaigned on ‘divorce’ or ‘fatherless society’. This has always been my position on fathers or domestic violence:

So show me your own receipts!

Secondly, concerning violent crime, let me break it down in lay language because obviously you do not understand scientific speak. I have always quoted FACTS men are more likely to commit violent heinous crimes. This doesn’t in turn mean women do not commit violent crimes. It just means men are more likely to commit these sort of crimes. They not only commit these crimes on women, men commit these crimes on other men as well. Men are more likely to be KILLED by other men. I’m only reporting what the facts say. So your anger is clearly misplaced. Your anger should be channeled to the toxic violent masculinity among your peers. I am less likely to kill you than lemmerant and John, lmao. Lemmerant and John is more likely to kill you. I hope you can understand now, before you get an heart attack over an anonymous internet poster.

9. Anonymous

November 20, 2017 at 8:27 pm

A crime has been committed here and we are talking about feminism, when the crux of the matter (in my opinion) is domestic violence against (now proven) both men and women.

This was the same scenario that played out when an Ibadan based lawyer, stabbed her husband to death! He went to the hospital to treat his injuries only to get home that day and was dead by the next day!

What has gotten over us, we can no longer control our tempers and feel it’s our entitlement to get into a fit of murderous rage and over what?!
    At this juncture there is no moral justification for snuffing out the life of a spouse!!

Does getting married now entail signing a death warrant?! I’ve said it and will stick by it, the signs are always there.

Marriage no be do or die, if any party feels they can’t stand the ish of their spouse, please take a hike and spare their lives!

NONSENSE!!!!!!

• Loki

November 20, 2017 at 8:40 pm

The world is just getting horrible. What happened to conscience? How do you take another Life? Because of what? Marriage? I can’t even deal…

• Chief

November 21, 2017 at 1:29 pm

@Engoz….Lusting after your husband? That’s an insult to my personality.Anyway you have now proved to us all that your husband is a simp,beta male,wimp and wussy..Why would any real man.an alpha male tolerate/support that ugly ideology called feminism? Go and talk down to your boy boy husband not me.Thanks

• Engoz

November 21, 2017 at 3:38 pm

@Chief

Why are you quoting random people? You are hiding abi? You are scared
      I will catch you? So you quote random people so I won’t see you. Rotflmao!! You think I will not catch you wherever you make asinine comments.

Anyway, what sort of alpha male preys on a woman’s husband? You are having an argument with me, and because I’ve beaten your kindergarten arguments on multiple occasions, the next thing is to start preying on my husband? I’ve always noticed your homosexual tendencies. Did he reject your advances that is why you are crying like a bitch and attacking me the wife? You want to steal my husband from me, abi? You preyed on my husband and you are now shouting alpha this and that. Yeye man! Come on… come out of the closet and stop fighting your homosexual urges. Idiot!

BN I have posted two other comments, where are they? Are they too hot to swallow, lmao!!! Is it that you don’t want Chief to kill himself this night?

10. LemmeRant

November 20, 2017 at 8:46 pm

People complaining about BN’s lateness.

Y’all should know BN don’t like carrying news like this. It doesn’t suit their agenda.
    The only reason this story even made it to this blog is bcos they don’t have any more stories. Thank God for Banky and Adesuwa’s marriage. If not this place for dry ehn. They’ve already published about 8 or more articles on their wedding alone.

11. o

November 20, 2017 at 9:00 pm

She should face the full wrath of the law. No justification whatsoever, (except in cases of self defense).

Please who knows how the Ibadan case ended? The lady who stabbed her husband to death. Guy that had just returned from hospital or so. I hope she wasn’t let off the hook

12. john

November 20, 2017 at 9:04 pm

Bn if u want swallow my comment…just watched how BN femtard will justify this…After all in thier eyes she is a strong woman according to her fellow feminists who will be flooding here to justify her insanity…they will be chanting Go girl and woman power..atkeastvone dead man for the sisters…
    dont be deceived when they try to paint feminism as some kind of holy Movement like they are doing above…mysandrist , man haters all of them using ” so called ” gender equality as a trojan horse..men protect yourself by any means necessary..dont listen to any of their one-sided ,hypocritical domesric volence..if u want continue being a simp or a ‘so called” real man ( whatever that mean) , OYO is ur case like this dead fellow

• Loki

November 20, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Be quiet John. For once, shut up and apply your brain. If you have an ounce of common sense; even if your IQ is as low as a malnourished plant, TRY! There are certifiably mentally retarded people who are actually functional in society. Try to at least think at their level if you can’t do better. Do you see anybody here praising this woman? Sometimes I think ur just trolling and I ignore you; other times, I’m gripped with trepidation that someone like you actually exists. Someone so filled with hate for an entire half of the human race. But somehow, you think women are the problem. The day you die, hell will have mixed feelings- sadness that their key agent on earth will be leaving his duty post; but at the same time, joy and jubilation that the first son of Satan himself is returning home.

• Dee

November 21, 2017 at 10:05 am

Ewoooooooo Loki has finished John!
      Chai! This kind of decimation of a human being….wicked but unfortunately very close to the truth.
      John, sometimes you’re cool but most times you’re a vile creature sha
      It shall be well with you 🙁

13. john

November 20, 2017 at 9:06 pm

**at least one dead** ..**domestic violence

14. Cindy

November 20, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Women have been destroying men since 1645. Men, please and please, if you know your wife has any behaviour that can pose a threat to your life, WALK AWAY. …and do it fast, for the sake of your children at least.. kids need their fathers just as they need their mothers. Plus,, they need a happy father.
    The way the man was killed is just so horrible. This woman is a monster. I hope she is thoroughly dealt with with the full arm of the law, to serve as a big example to murderous, evil minded woman like her out there..

And yes i am a woman..

15. Cindy

November 20, 2017 at 9:21 pm

***evil minded women**

16. OJ

November 20, 2017 at 9:30 pm

“A real man must never hit a woman”
    “No matter what she might have done, he shouldn’t have laid his hands on her”
    “Even if she was cheating on him, does it now warrant beating her up
    ” If he truly loves you, he will forgive you, no matter what you might have done”….say no to #women abuse#
    I believe the above quotes are familiar to dem dem people….hahaha, see double standard and hipocracy by them , lanre gentry would be wondering how it would be since the coin has been flipped

Oya let the femanizi gang come and beat me

17. Mamamia

November 20, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Chai! Jezebel came back in her form… May his soul Rest In Peace.

18. john

November 20, 2017 at 9:47 pm

The day you die, hell will have mixed feelings- sadness that their key agent on earth will be leaving his duty post; but atthe same time, joy and jubilation that the first son of Satan himself is returning home…………………..lol..I kinda find this funny….Thanks for making me laugh

@OJ u sabi them wella..as I said , listen to them at ur own peril..? brains

• Loki

November 20, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Glad to be of service, baby.

19. OJ

November 20, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Some peeps trying so hard to change the narrative of this matter…even BN una no try walai,
    You know the funny thing with our women here is that they suddenly forgot they were once active and proud members of the side chics association dating married men, knowing fully well he’s married, but alas they can’t take it seeing there husband with another woman…I mean can’t a man sext his side chic in peace again?…must you stab him to death becos of that???

20. Smh

November 20, 2017 at 11:45 pm

I find it funny that so many of these foolish men never brought up domestic violence against men and how to combat it. That’s the difference between a fool and a normal human being and John you are indeed a fool. You know why? You don’t care about this issue. You don’t care that a human life was lost. This was just a sick and sadistic opportunity for you to bash feminists. What the hell does this have to do with that? And that’s my issue with most of these silly goats running around. They actually don’t care about their fellow men or issues affecting them. Only when it comes to misbehavior and childishness you will see them hailing. When something tragic like this happens, the only thing that comes to their mind is feminist this feminist that or why aren’t women enraged. EXCUSE ME WHY CANT YOU BE ENRAGED FOR YOUR OWN GENDER EHN??? How many of you have thought of starting a program for male victims of domestic abuse ? Knowing how hard it is for them to speak up? How many? Or you’re waiting on a woman that will start something like that that you will still use your rotten mouth to bash?. Smh God help this world honestly.
    As for Aunty that committed murder, you do the time, you do the crime. You have just ruined your own life and rendered your children orphans. Jail awaits you

21. californiabawlar

November 20, 2017 at 11:51 pm

Sheesh!! Stuff nightmares are made of!! Olohun ma je ka shi inu bi!

22. Weezy

November 21, 2017 at 12:43 am

Its too bad that this tragedy has gotten lost in the scramble by some nasty commenters to make this about feminism.

BN barely shared the details of the story. The crazy part, according to some sources, is that she physically attacked him earlier that day in front of witnesses. One article is saying that she tried to stab him FOUR TIMES until other people intervened. Why did they leave this couple alone after that??? Its like people don’t know how to recognize domestic violence when they see it. Whether it is a man or woman doing it, physical violence and threats of violence should be treated as if the person is wearing a suicide bomb. They call it intimate terrorism for a reason.

23. Victor Adegoke

November 21, 2017 at 3:21 am

No matter what, it should not result to killing. The woman must face the wrath of the law.

• Osa

November 21, 2017 at 8:32 am

Which kind yeye wrath? In naija or ur village?

24. Osa

November 21, 2017 at 8:31 am

“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”

We dont have the nitty gritty details of what happened. Perhaps he cheated and rubbed it in her face! Told her to do her worst!

We do not know. But the man is dead. And this woman will be let off sooner or later. Na naija this matter dey
    Men have been cheating since beginning of time without remorse or impunity.
    There are many consequences for that. This is one of the several possible consequences. Its a game of chance.
    RIP to the man. In your next lifetime you will apply wisdom to woman matter. Its unfortunate you died this way .
    Just collect sorry and RIP biko. #savage

• Jummy

November 21, 2017 at 8:56 am

Wow. A man was just stabbed to death because of his wife,
      And you’ve come to make it ENTIRELY the man’s fault.

So because men have been cheating for centuries without impunity, he has to pay for that with his life? Didn’t he cheat on his first wife with her?

You should be ashamed of yourself for this nonsense you’ve written.

• Moniker

November 21, 2017 at 9:05 am

You make your feminist fight harder for y’all. Whoever that says she is gonna be alive to freedom is lying. Most esp from the North where mysogynist rule. What I am certain of is simple, her world will never emain the same. She is but a living corpse. God rest the dead

• Iwishafemtardwud

November 21, 2017 at 9:28 am

I pray I catch someone like you in my life time, all the fun we could have. RIP to the dead, and if you think you femtards can win this battle, you seem to forget that your entire civilization was formed by MEN. We are hard wired to be hunters, when it all comes down to the grits of the issues you would understand how incredibly weak you are. Men have been nothing but good to you, we have fed you, we have protected you but you chose to focus on our errs and make a generalization. That generalization would most definitely be your undoing. Men are waking up to your hypocrisy and foolishness, y’all gon pay !

• Osa

November 21, 2017 at 9:55 am

@jummy pls get my point before casting stupid aspersions.

Cheating in relationships is a sore point for many and people react differently.
      Unfortunately this man met his waterloo in a gruesome and fatal way. Many other men are ‘lucky’ to be let off lightly. Men cheat more. Fact.

A colleague of mine was sent a picture by her hubby who had just dumped her for a younger woman. He had the nerve to send a picture of himself in bed with this woman. He had packed his load not caring about how rent would be renewed. He confirmed he had been cheating on her with this ‘better’ woman through the picture and there was no going back on his decision. This was all in the process of this ode begging to him to not leave her. According to him it was to make her realize he didnt love her anymore. No quarell or fight preceeded this. Only suspicions which she never even confronted him about.
      Pls cheat by all means but be diplomatic and empathetic. The next person is human and not made of steel.

25. Tosin

November 21, 2017 at 9:06 am

please, when you want to marry, pray to God also. don’t look with only outside eye, also look with spirishual eye. not everybody that looks ok is ok. some people don mistake marry tiger for house, iz so unfoshunate.

26. Prince

November 21, 2017 at 10:09 am

Some peoples comment can make you commit suicide. what nonsense. What reason does she has to kill the father of her child. What is this world becoming.
    Evil everywhere. Nothing justifies this shit

27. Rossypetite

November 21, 2017 at 10:10 am

a northern friend of mine told me that these fulani women are very hardened at heart. especially as they are suppressed and not allowed to express themselves. they tend to keep everything thing to themselves and overtime they become filed with resentment. its a shame killing a man cos you don’t want another woman to have him when one woman was displaced for you in the first place. beautiful devil!!!

let justice be done abeg.

28. 007

November 21, 2017 at 10:42 am

U marry Tramadol, Refnol, Codine, Eskay Babe, weitin u go expect?
    Na dem full LAGOS STREET ABUJA.

29. john

November 21, 2017 at 4:19 pm

I am less likely to kill you than lemmerant and John, lmao. Lemmerant and John is more likely to kill you………………..I don’t know about that ….but the kind of rage and insults u exhibit here on BN …. I bet ure highly likely to kill that poor, beta , wimp husband of yours ( if u even have a husband).

• Engoz

November 21, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Thank God I scrolled down. So You too sef dey hide dey comment rotflmao.
      E dey pain dem for body o, ??? No o I don’t have a husband, lmao????
      Please o I’m not responsible for your inability to argue with facts that you have to resort to insulting families. Beg God to give you parents that will send you to good schools. Engoz is not responsible for your genetic retardation.

This one you always argue like an imbecile, you must be the product of your mother sleeping with her brother.

30. uzo

November 24, 2017 at 4:01 pm

I like this statement. “Ladies, when you take a man from your fellow woman. please be kind to yourself and expect no less than the behavior that got you into his arms in the first place. I actually think it is unfair to the man to expect more of him in terms of loyalty if you were the product of disloyalty.” You are absolutely right .