Scoop

Tyrese Gibson gets Joint Custody of Daughter

BellaNaija.com

Tyrese Gibson who has been embroiled in a custody battle with ex Norma Gibson over their daughter Shayla has just been granted joint custody.

According to People, yesterday, a judge granted Tyrese 50/50 joint custody of his daughter beginning in January and denied his ex-wife’s request for a permanent restraining order.

The actor’s rep also confirmed that the former couple has worked out a visitation schedule for the holidays.

After the court ruling, the actor shared the statement below on his Instagram page:

While waiting on the judgement I was broken and on edge and I overheard NoRMA and her lawyer in the courts room casually discussing getting their nails done?? They’ve been in court and have had no time for Nails?? Really?? That casual..?? Me without Shayla for 80+ days and it’s about your nails????? Michale Moore, Netflix, Tim Cooke of Apple – I got over 400 hours of logged and captured footage this will be bigger than Avatar cause “Fathers” and the lack of support in the courts is a universal issue – go to My FaceBook.com/TYRESE I just posted a clip you must see now –

TMZ most will never put up a post to say thank you but I will you have given a well balanced and TRUE sequence of what has taken place every step of the way….. Today is the first day of my life……. 100% exonerated of claims and accusations that has followed me for the last 10 years……… go to #ShaylaRocks.com and #VoltronTravel.com download the phone app called ClearVue in the App Store got to my FaceBook.com/TYRESE no pride no ego today is the start of me turning me and my families life around – thank you Jesus for delivering on what you promised to stand on TRUTH DON’t bend and don’t accept what they offered…. NoRMA ask yourself since you hate SO much why are you still holding onto my last name???? You’re NOT a Gibson your name is NORMA MITCHELL – There are only 3 real Gibson’s from my side…. Shayla Gibson, TYRESE Gibson and my real wife Samantha Lee Gibson – period
#LevelUp For those of you who counted me out………. that’s cool…….. Clearly you can’t count, that Capricorn bounce back spirit is very real…… Seeds can’t grow until their #buried deep in the ground –

I made some choices and certain choices were made that tried to bury me……… I feel better, stronger and blessed and look forward to many many great things…….. this was a rough season but these seasons don’t last forever………. At the end of every storm comes a rainbow you just have to look UP for your blessings and go get it!!!!!! #Focussed #Ambition #Capricorn#NeverDownForLong

1. Felinda

November 18, 2017 at 12:57 pm

He reminds of Okoye brothers. (Peter Paul and Jude)
    Always on their period with tampons stuck too far up their ass.

2. Ronke

November 18, 2017 at 1:22 pm

I am happy for him. He needs to talk less. Focus on himself, his wife and his daughter. Leave your ex wife alone mister..

3. Rossy petite

November 18, 2017 at 1:51 pm

These are you still talking? You need to calm down and move on now..take care of your family and children and let your ex be period.

4. John

November 18, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Femtards won’t be happy

5. #ProudNigerian

November 18, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Finally! Some people think it’s only a mother that has “attachment” to the child. A child needs both parents in their life! If the accusations were true she would have fought tooth and nail??. Congratulations Tyrese now I expect you to keep your life away from social media! Cheers

• anon

November 18, 2017 at 5:38 pm

#1 custody is about which parent puts in more effort and is a safer parent that provides a better environment. We know majority of the time women are left to carry the brunt of the child rearing. Talk less of a superstar that spends most of the time on set, leaving her with his new wife, her step mum. Most men don’t do custody because they want the kids, or they particularly care. it’s just a way to get back at the wife. And to pay less child support. Tyrese is obsessed with his ex wife and has even posted on Instagram slyly dissing her for not being able to find love again since she left him. . I’ve seen so many family law cases where the man frustrates the wife for custody or even uses Nigerian sexism to kidnap the children and get away with it, only to leave the children with his own mother so he can keep living single or focus on his new family.

#2 he’s a celeb. More money, much, much better lawyer. If she fought and came to the media people would bash her with the ‘keep your life off social media’.

6. Susie

November 18, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Ugh! Can Cry-rese Gibson sail off into the sunset with his “real wife” & spare us the instagram tantrums now that the case is over?

• 'Deola

November 18, 2017 at 6:22 pm

For now, he has come, seen and conquered. He is better riding into the sunset. End of season 1! A new chapter, if he chooses, is opening into a new season. To be positive is to rise and shine and give God the glory.

7. OJ

November 18, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Clearly the BN femtards are not happy with this news…..they can’t do “” Awwwwwwww, that’s so sweet” on this kind of news.

• Awwwwwwww, that’s so sweet

November 19, 2017 at 2:54 am

You know who else uses the word femtard? John. With your expansive vocabulary why would we expect you to read or form objective critical thinking skills on something as easy as feminism. Even when feminists are not there, you’re pressed about us. We’re either shouting too much or not shouting enough about the one you want to dictate to us to care about. Even when there are a million women who would happily eat your shit, wash your clothes, feed you and tolerate your cheating, you still care about the few that say ‘no’ and want a better world for themselves. Awwwwwwww, that’s so sweet!