Weddings

Love at First Sight! Lola and Noble’s Yoruba-Igbo Wedding in Texas | Bomaone Photography

BellaNaija Weddings

If you read Lola and Noble’s love story when we first published it, you would realize that when you find love,  you keep it and never let go. Click here in case you missed their story.

The beautiful couple met when they were undergraduates at the University if Texas. Their mutual friends played matchmakers and introduced them to each other. At first, they were reluctant to see each other but the moment they met for the first time, they felt a strong connection and they never let go. Their proposal story was just so cute. Do you know she planned the entire proposal thinking it was Noble’s graduation? Too cute. See the full love story here.

The couple got married at the beautiful Marriott Quorum in Dallas, Texas. The wedding theme was classic romance with the infusion of wine, champagne and silver colours in the decor and overall ambience.

Speaking about the planning process of their wedding, Lola said, “During the wedding planning, I was starting my second year of graduate school. I thought I was going to be stressed out planning a wedding and going to school but I had an amazing wedding planner that held my hand through the whole process. We booked her full planning package and we did not regret it. Our family and friends were amazing. They were also there for guidance and support.”

Communicate With Your Better Half.
In advising brides-to-be and grooms-to-be, Noble said,
“Make sure you always communicate with your better half. Lola had a lot of ideas she had for our wedding but she always made sure to include my ideas into the process as well. Also be aware of how much you want to spend versus how much you will spend.”
Lola also chipped in,
“Get a wedding planner!!! Noble and I tried to plan our wedding ourselves in the beginning and it was a huge headache. Also, remember that it should be a happy and joyous time for the couple. Noble and I made sure to go on dates and we tried not to discuss the wedding. Also, ladies involve your fiancé in all the wedding decisions. You don’t want your hubby to feel left out.”
Aww! So so lovely.
White Wedding

Traditional Wedding

BellaNaija Weddings wishes Lola and Noble a lifetime of love, peace and happiness.
Credits
Cocktail Hour and Fruit Display: @fsfruitarrangements
Alaga: @elegant_alaga_ijoko
Alaga: @royalballoons.ndcakes
Decor: @eventsbycarlosdallas

1. Jade

January 8, 2018 at 1:57 pm

Congratulations to this cute couple. Texas people know how to party. I like to see intertribal marriages. It shouldn’t be a big deal at all. It’s been happening for decades and will continue. The older generation just kept it to themselves.

2. Toyosi

January 8, 2018 at 3:27 pm

The mothers of the couples geles are not greeing for anybody. LOVEE this.

3. Temi

January 8, 2018 at 3:36 pm

The grooms mother’s gele is not here to play at all. Congrats to the couple.

4. Purpliecousbabe

January 8, 2018 at 5:01 pm

Wow. I would like this photographer for my wedding day. Stunning images and well captured. The images are Amazing! Cute groom and beautiful bride. God bless their union. Could have married an ibo but his parents were tribalisc.

5. The Real Oma

January 8, 2018 at 11:29 pm

The groom and his brothers, hawt!

6. lola

January 9, 2018 at 2:53 am

Wow, God is wonderful. I read their story while i was still home praying to get my own study visa with no clue of what Texas looks like. Now I’m reading about the wedding with the exact images of locations in mind….
    Congrats to the couple. Boo I know you are in Texas too and God will connect us, abeg no stubborn oooo.

7. OA

January 9, 2018 at 4:58 am

Beautiful couple and beautiful wedding. Only thing that I nor really gree with (just a teeny weeny bit) was the fact that the groom’s friends used lace to sew buba and sokoto. That’s a serious fashion faux-pas for Naija wedding purposes. Even if they went for lace, definitely not that type of lace (too feminine). They could have used atiku or brocade, etc.

8. chi

January 9, 2018 at 4:02 pm

Congratulations to u, my catholic brother n sister. God bless ur marriage.

9. Kg

January 10, 2018 at 4:40 am

Awwww! Class wedding ?❤?? I just copy some few things I just love splendid weddings, the bride look so much like my baby sophia momodu that why I love her extra ?❤

10. shift

January 10, 2018 at 8:55 am

@OA,
    is it your lace?
    did they write feminine* on the lace?
    why do you ladies wear trousiers, jean and all?
    shift jo