BN TV

“I don’t think it’s right for a lady to propose to a man” – Emmanuel Ikubese

BellaNaija.com

"I don't think it's right for a lady to propose to a man" - Emmanuel Ikubese - BellaNaija

Actor and model Emmanuel Ikubese has said he thinks it isn’t right for a lady to propose to a man.

Speaking to Hip TV, Ikubese said he feels a lady proposing is a result of her not knowing where she stands in her man’s life.

“Let’s not turn the bible upside down,” he said, adding that we should follow the bible and what it says.

Watch him speak below:

1. I quite agree

January 30, 2018 at 8:02 pm

I completely agree with you Emmanuel it reeks of desperation. Some “funny men” may even use it in an argument and say “after all you proposed to me i didn’t really want to marry you initially”.

2. Udegbunam Chukwudi

January 30, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Mschew. Always the Bible yet no one remembers it when they are fornicating round the block. ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

• E

January 31, 2018 at 1:43 am

Exactly! Now I agree with what he said, in terms of a woman not knowing where she stands with a man, which leads to her proposing. But can people PLEASE STOP bringing the bible in social discussions to prove a point unless they follow it to the T.

• Ijs

February 2, 2018 at 7:51 pm

I don’t support proposal to a man but your comment had me laughing seriously. It’s so true though. Christianity is used for convenience purposes. If they had a godly relationship from jump, dating would have been marriage focused in the first place

3. Sadie

January 30, 2018 at 11:11 pm

K

4. Anne

January 30, 2018 at 11:35 pm

It is safer that way. Ladies, let’s stop making excuses. Men chase those whom they love and are ready to spend the rest of their lives with. It is bad experience to do all the loving.

5. Mondela

January 31, 2018 at 12:37 am

This one is just daft, can’t even prove a point rationally. What has Bible got to do with it? Smh

• Ruth

January 31, 2018 at 6:52 am

If I may, actually the Bible has everything to do with what he said. I don’t know him nor do I follow him on social media but I am going to “assume” that his remarks are supported by the fact that he is a “professed Christian.” If he is then what he said is totally aligns with what is written in the Bible; “He who finds a wife finds a great good; he has won the favor of ADONAI (Proverbs 18:22).

Now my own personal issue with this interview was his wayo accent???‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

6. mee

January 31, 2018 at 1:06 am

Spot on Emmanuel; women should place value on themselves, proposing to a man doesn’t really make you look like the VIP you are.

7. Ruth

January 31, 2018 at 6:53 am

Sorry *totally aligns

8. zzzzzzzzzzz

January 31, 2018 at 8:28 am

He may not have articulated the point well but he is right. Tha man is the hunter and the woman always wants to be chased and wooed. It is better to leave the men to propose.

9. chi

January 31, 2018 at 9:31 am

very correct Emmanuel, he who finds a wife finds a good thing, the man finds not the woman. preach it brother….

10. Karasco

January 31, 2018 at 9:38 am

I don’t think this really has anything to do with the bible, show me a place in the bible where it was recorded that a man proposed to a woman. abi were you there when Joseph knelt down to propose to Mary, or was it the other way around. abeg anyhow dey want to do it as long as you don’t feel you hurt your pride as a woman.

11. helena

January 31, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Let the men propose…don’t let feminism tell you “what a man can do you can do better”..
    You SHOULDN’T do this one o!! biko DON’T propose.

12. oh

January 31, 2018 at 1:05 pm

@karasco read Proverbs 18:22 It says “He who finds a wife……… it did not say she who finds a husband. That clearly means that the man is supposed to do the finding not the woman.

13. Draken

January 31, 2018 at 2:40 pm

I feel both people if they are intelligent, mature and on the same page should be able to work out moving their relationship to the next level. The discussion to get married is what gets you engaged. Getting down on one knee and presenting a ring is a symbol/formality and bythe time this happens, it should be a moot point that a marriage is taking place. FYI Queen Elizabeth II picked Prince Philip to be her husband and she is the head of the Anglican Church. They have been married for >70 yrs. Who cares about chaser or chasee? When you get married, you begin a new reality. Also, not everyone is religious and they also have happy marriages. The bible is not a universal guidebook. It condones rapists marrying their victims by paying 50 shekels. Tufia!!

14. Sis

January 31, 2018 at 2:51 pm

FYI, Ruth chased Boaz. A very significant love story in the bible so…

• Lol