Relationships

“I have been engaged twice… I can’t force God’s time and God’s will” – Paddy Adenuga

BellaNaija.com

Paddy Adenuga, son of Telecoms tycoon Mike Adenuga and founder of Pegasus Capital Investments Limited, has shared a rare insight into his personal life.

On his Twitter account, the 33-year old who is based in London revealed that he has been engaged twice – once in 2010 and the other in 2012 – and that now, he’s just waiting on God’s time to get married.

See his tweet below.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/paddy.adenuga

1. Mrs chidukane

January 9, 2018 at 9:28 am

Hmmm Paddy, the tea people are coming.

• Anne

February 22, 2018 at 3:22 pm

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge him in all your ways and He will direct your path. A lot of people won’t understand where you are coming from because they haven’t been in your shoes, therefore their conversation will be very shallow and unhelpful. It is the case of having all it takes and not getting what you desire. It’s the way parents who have beautiful, educated and brilliant daughters feel when those daughters are still waiting. This world; do your best, let the Holy Spirit rule. He gives hidden riches in secret places and knows who is right for you therefore focus on Him.

2. Xplorenollywood.com

January 9, 2018 at 9:34 am

I am confused, did he just randomly say this or was this in response to some1’s question? Plus why does this matter? Arent we all at some point praying and waiting on God’s time? No worries, i will add him to my prayers.

3. Mamamia

January 9, 2018 at 9:42 am

Fine boy like this? All these men with so much baggage always playing the victim to girls who will now come and “oooooooooo, awwwwwwwww” and fall victim to another wrong proposal…

• bruno

January 9, 2018 at 12:27 pm

fine boy ke? u need to get ur eyes checked.

• Temi

January 9, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Afi fine boy naaa. Rada rada

• May

January 9, 2018 at 7:47 pm

I guess the criteria to be a fine boy is to be a billionaire, or be a son of one. That’s how someone called Yusuf Buhari handsome. ? smh! Not saying they are ugly ooo, before someone call me a hater

• Quisse

January 24, 2018 at 1:04 am

He is actually good-looking, very good-looking. And it shows even more now that he’s lost weight. However I don’t find guys that wear glasses attractive so he’s not my type (weird as I wear glasses myself). Nevertheless, he is good-looking.

4. joyshow

January 9, 2018 at 9:45 am

sometimes its not about the money but finding that person that is totally down and in love with you and will stick with you thru thick and thin……………

5. Ojevwe Josephine

January 9, 2018 at 9:46 am

God’ time is the best…after all marriage is a lifetime thing and not a competition.. U rush in, you will rush out..I agree there is no perfect person..but with understanding and God involve…it will work ..may God grant u ur hear desire

6. Halima

January 9, 2018 at 10:51 am

Hmmmm… I hope he is not saying this in order to get more girls on his d.m

7. OJ

January 9, 2018 at 10:55 am

And somebody somewhere is desperately trying hard to do gum-body on Boyega, when better meat dey here to chop clean mouth and chop again……im sure PA Festus wouldn’t mind at all!!!

• Shukura

January 9, 2018 at 11:42 am

That is if the “gum-body” has not already danced kuru kere with the daddy of the paddy…..lmao

• Fizzy

January 9, 2018 at 1:32 pm

You are not funny. Is it your PA? You lot just like to spoil other people while hiding behind your key board. Are you not good enough for Paddy? Go and apply now. Useless people.

• OJ

January 9, 2018 at 3:26 pm

@Fizzy, Cassava fall on you!!!

• May

January 9, 2018 at 9:05 pm

@Shukura lmao. You are mean

• lilo

January 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm

Shukura, why are you like this tho? Lmao

8. Halima

January 9, 2018 at 11:22 am

Dj Cuppy (Otedola’s daughter) is also waiting o..! You guys can make a perfect match since you people are all in the same social class.I can picture your cute kids together…Anyway, Goodluck to you, It is indeed God’s Timing.

• zeeeebby

January 9, 2018 at 2:53 pm

why will you wish such on Cuppy….

• elohor

January 9, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Cuppy comes of as annoying tho. You know the thing starts off cute with her senrenren and a month in, it’s stale and outright annoying.

9. letsbefriends

January 9, 2018 at 11:28 am

when you wont look at us humble girls way. lowkey earning a living and grinding plenty of us here in london but noooooooooooooooooo we are just too random anyway when will you be at Harrods or selfridges i can come and pray for you so your next engagement will work out so we say maybe 6pm ish? well lets say 6.30pm ish because of TFL. next sat 20th preferably see you soon

• Toese

January 9, 2018 at 12:44 pm

hahahaha

• Jezebel

January 9, 2018 at 1:20 pm

This is hilarious…good luck letsbefriends

• W

January 9, 2018 at 4:19 pm

She don shoot her shot o

• elohor

January 9, 2018 at 8:21 pm

You are taking paddy way too seriously. Lol

10. Gbaby

January 9, 2018 at 11:36 am

Paddy, come and engage me. In one month, we will be happily married. It was because of you I bought glo Sim and opened an account in then Equitorial Trust Bank.

• Dr.N

January 9, 2018 at 2:56 pm

Touche’
      Lol

11. Simi Lawal

January 9, 2018 at 11:45 am

Ahh interesting!! Fine boy like this!! His brother Jide is beautiful too…but i hear they don’t get along. Maybe his cold feet was why things didnt work out with Toolz…I used to see them together a lot a few years ago. If you were a regular at Blowfish, you’ll know. Was so surprised when I saw her and Capt D…cos if na me, I must to marry Adenuga o!

• gistina

January 9, 2018 at 1:17 pm

is it fair?? you just spill tiny tea and that’s all?? come o is that why Toolz got the Xfactor Glo gigg? Their babies would have been round sha…but super rich, so all would be well

12. ceejay

January 9, 2018 at 11:47 am

Hahaha, he would read it and fall for your brand loyalty

13. bruno

January 9, 2018 at 12:26 pm

so we should do what exactly? can we as nigerians go a day without talking about marriage.

• otapiapia

January 9, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Shift my friend. Did he dm you to complain to you?

14. Ladyanonymous

January 9, 2018 at 12:50 pm

Hey Paddy.it’s because we have not met.Come to talk me, I’m the one you’re looking for. You just tell how you like it and I’ll make your dreams come true. ?

15. buy247.com.ng

January 9, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Yes oo! Gods time is the best. I like the fact that this rich kid ‘s got values for marriage.

16. MurderSheWrote

January 9, 2018 at 1:58 pm

Marriage is literally the most important thing in Nigeria. I am convinced now. No questions. I just left NHN’s instagram page where she posted a very looooong list of prayers for women waiting on the Lord for marriage and vehemently prayed against “late marriage”. I laughed so hard I accidentally liked the post. I unliked it then came here to this. What a wawu. Nigeria is indeed a unique country. Chai. I pray you meet your wife soon, Paddy. So you will be happy. And to all thosealso “waiting on the Lord” for a spouse, 2018 is your year IJN. LOL.

• Cheeksi

January 9, 2018 at 4:12 pm

In this part of the world, Marriage is the holy grail.
      In a way, I’m glad i live abroad. If I was in Nig, I would have suffered so badly for being single.

• Cheeksi

January 9, 2018 at 5:54 pm

While it’s good for singles to pray for a spouse if they so wish, some prayers make it sound like single is such a miserable and unfortunate situation to be in. You will think they are praying for some handicapped or vulnerable persons, just to see twas singles. My goodness!

And btw, What on earth is late marriage? If you believe in a God who does at his timing, what makes one say one’s marriage is late timed? I tire for Nigerians.

17. whocares

January 9, 2018 at 3:14 pm

based in london you say *adjusts bra*- we March!
    @Murdershewrote- even outside of Nigeria; so long as you are in the Nigerian community, you cant avoid it. I have had to develop active means to avoid those types of people; both friends and family!

18. Ephi

January 9, 2018 at 6:15 pm

It’s never about the when but how well. A rewarding joyful peace filled relationship & home is worth the wait. Nothing do you Paddy.

19. @Cheeksi

January 9, 2018 at 6:22 pm

You just did the same thing you were accusing others of doing. While it is good to be physically able some of us are not and it is seriously not the end of the world

• Cheeksi

January 10, 2018 at 1:15 am

You’re Right. My apologies.

20. slice

January 9, 2018 at 7:58 pm

E-mail me

21. May

January 9, 2018 at 9:04 pm

May he find his Missing rib!

22. Shakur

January 9, 2018 at 9:11 pm

Lmao! Ivie Omenai subbed him on her twitter page…. interesting! **screenshot**

• Exq

January 24, 2018 at 1:02 am

Unless you’re Ivie, so by her tweets, she was subbing him? Smh lol. Funny thing is the two people he was engaged too, one is well known, now married the other isn’t Nigerian.

• Abk

January 25, 2018 at 12:16 am

Is it the same Ivie that was all over him in 2012/2013? ? She can only sub him if they were engaged and they never were so he clearly wasn’t talking about her. Like someone else already pointed, unless your Ivie, your comment makes little or no sense. If you’re Ivie, you’re too old to be acting like a child.

23. Lucinda

January 10, 2018 at 12:24 am

I had a crush on him as a teenager thought I’m recently beginning to assume he has a little sugar in his tank.

• Shandi

January 31, 2018 at 11:49 pm

You’re beginning to assume? Is that how they assume?! Na wa o, smh!

24. Tea-nisha

January 10, 2018 at 8:13 am

Paddy….sis wyd?

25. des

January 15, 2018 at 10:55 am

he is probably looking for love in the wrong places

26. IfyBEKE

January 30, 2018 at 8:34 pm

@Bruno I haven’t commented in a very very long while but I just had to respond to your comment. Paddy Adenuga is an excessively handsome and has a certain aura around him. I must say it’s either he isn’t photogenic or this is just a terrible picture.