BN TV

“Always focus on doing the right thing and cutting out the Noise” – WATCH BellaNaija’s Uche Pedro on Forbes Africa’s ‘Against the Odds with Peace Hyde’

BN TV

On episode 8 of Forbes Africa’s “Against The Odds” with Peace Hyde, BellaNaija founder and CEO Uche Pedro talks about how she has grown her digital media business into the leading platform on the continent covering entertainment, fashion and lifestyle.

Voted as one of the most influential tech entrepreneurs on the continent, Uche Pedro has always been a strong advocator of the tech sector in Nigeria and its ability to present opportunities for millennials on the continent. But that journey has not been without its challenges.

On this episode, find out how she overcame her challenges to build one of the most recognizable tech companies in Nigeria.

Watch:

1. Sel

March 18, 2018 at 2:29 pm

You are an inspiration Uche. I find it a privilege having women like you to inspire women like us. My take home ‘Define your own success’.

2. Elle

March 18, 2018 at 2:56 pm

Bellanaijarians let’s tell Uche what she wants to hear. Uche you are making an “IMPACT”, you are inspiring… ehm, what else, I think I’ve run out of words. Cough.

• JustSaying

March 18, 2018 at 3:15 pm

How is she making an impact. List five things only how she’s unique with this blog. I’m waiting. Overrated blog

• Elle

March 18, 2018 at 3:21 pm

JustSaying, you didn’t get my gist ? We know they will soon wipe off the comments if we say it the way it is, so let’s tell her what “she wants to hear”.

March 19, 2018 at 3:37 am

Elle and Justsaying…
      Maybe they should’ve wiped out your comment because I wish I could get my 30 seconds back reading what you both wrote….
      I guess you can’t please everyone and haters will always exist because I don’t understand why you felt the need to take out of your precious time to rain on someone’s parade. It says a lot about you.

Being on this blog is a choice in case you didn’t know.
      By the way I don’t know Uche from a can of paint because the next thing is for you to assume I’m defending her because I know her. I just don’t see the value of your comment and what impact are you making yourself?
      I hope you know that the fact that Uche employs people alone is a big deal. Go and do something productive instead of wasting comment space.

• Elle

March 19, 2018 at 7:38 am

Miss us with the nonsense. You probably have no idea what’s been going on recently and are just jumping on the bandwagon for jumping sake. We are speaking out because we want Bellanaija to succeed but the path she is towing now is not it. Deleting any comments against the government or even sometimes harmless comments. Does that show regard for her readers, is that the right way to treat fans who have followed her from the early days? I think not.

3. Uyai

March 18, 2018 at 10:12 pm

Nice one. I am next

4. Tincan

March 18, 2018 at 10:56 pm

Well done UP. Your blog kept me informed and entertained in 2006 and still does on many an occasion now. Keep trucking and all the very best. ?

5. Damilola

March 19, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Uche has made an impact and is an inspiration in her own right.
    She started this website when this wasn’t a popular thing, now “everyone” has a blog, to keep Nigerians informed through entertainment. She was widely known for her wedding post(the number one thing Nigerians are obsessed with) and other news. It’s definitely not the way it used to be in terms of efficiency, deleting comments and poor editing can be frustrating to readers. However, it doesn’t knock off her drive and effort and she can choose to run her business the way she wants it.

P.S Instead of bashing, start your own website and run it the way you will prefer it to be. There’s room for everyone. If steve jobs sat there and just complained about bill gates then Apple products wouldn’t be here. If oprah complained all day about how Barbara walters didn’t interview the right way, she wouldn’t have come this far. She did it her way and even went further to have her own network.
    So Africans, be the change you want to see not just complain and bash another person who is actually making a difference.

6. a la carte

March 24, 2018 at 6:04 am

I agree. Thats why people don’t comment anymore and the traffic is slowly reducing.Tthat was the key highlight of this site, Intelligent comments that differ, yet you could get a thing or tow from it,