BN TV

Senator Ibrahim Mantu confesses to rigging Elections | WATCH

Former Deputy Senate President Ibrahim Mantu confesses to rigging Elections | WATCH - BellaNaijaIbrahim Mantu, a former deputy senate president, has confessed to rigging elections in the past.

Speaking on Channels TV’s “Hard Copy,” Mantu said he’s bribed officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and security agents to help rig votes.

Even agents of other parties, he revealed, are sometimes bribed.

He’s a changed man now, he said, and is tired of being seen as a criminal on the streets of the world because he’s a Nigerian.

Watch him speak below:

1. Ekoatheist

March 31, 2018 at 4:06 am

What a Buffon! I know his sons Musa and Umar prolly gonna worse than their pops.

2. Ec

March 31, 2018 at 8:25 am

So when does he face jail time?

• cy

April 1, 2018 at 4:21 pm

lol

3. Iboro William

March 31, 2018 at 8:59 am

I’m sure the Federal Government won’t say they did not watch that programme. Pity!

4. Ishaku Ibrahim

March 31, 2018 at 4:10 pm

Your sins are forgiven

• Mohammad

April 2, 2018 at 12:41 am

Issalie! Who gave you power to forgive sins on our behalf. E no go beta for am. And for anyone who tells me to forgive and forget. Sango thunder all of una join.

5. oohlala

March 31, 2018 at 9:09 pm

Sen. Bantu be like i am now born again i want to confess my sins.

@Ec Jail bawo once they arrest him I am sure he will start calling names and everyone in govt. is guilty even the judge.

6. cy

April 1, 2018 at 4:21 pm

may God help us in this country

7. jojo

April 2, 2018 at 8:47 pm

Now why is he not in jail, since this unprompted confession?

8. Nikky

April 3, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Haba Baba Mantu. We don’t need this. If you were feeling guilty about your conscience, you should have just confessed to your chief Imam, Priest or Babalawo – Whichever is applicable. Even the bible says that a thief may steal to eat when he is hungry but, the day he is found out, he must restore 7-fold. How exactly does this confession make Nigeria better and bring restitution beyond further disillusioning our youths and giving people reverse morals?

I mean, the only lesson I have picked from this is that it is possible to rig as many elections as I want and get away with all sorts and when I am tired, I simply confess for my own selfish reason of clearing my conscience and then, life goes on as usual..

That is all we see nowadays. Politicians are coming out to confess that they have subverted the will of the people and perverted the nation and simply say I am sorry or wish I have done better. But, what are the measures put in place to restore that which was destroyed and measure to prevent it from happening in the future?

I for one, propose that if anyone is not ready to restore, please keep your confessions to yourself. It only worsens the moral lessons people pick from it.

You are not telling us anything new that we didn’t know before. We are not stupid & we are not shocked. We are just shocked you didn’t think we knew and you needed to confess it.

Ehhn ehn so, now that you have confessed it…..