BN TV

“It is so disrespectful… I am done with Kanye” – Eve on Kanye West’s Controversial Thoughts about Slavery

BellaNaija.com

Rapper and talk show host Eve got emotional while talking about Kanye West‘s controversial interview about slavery being a choice.

During The Talk on Wednesday (May 2), she said:

Every time I watch these clips, I get emotional….it is so disrespectful. I can’t understand how a black man that was born on the south side of Chicago can have these ideas…I cannot understand this.

You want to be a free-thinker, you want to be thought-provoking, you cannot have these ideas without facts to back them up. Slavery is a fact. Slavery is part of our history…we are still feeling the effects of slavery within our community, within our culture. It hurts me.

We all got lucky and got plucked out of our hoods and live these amazing lives, but you cannot be so far in your bubble to think you are not a part of what this history is.

This is a man that I actually used to listen to, this is a person that we used to look to as an artist…pick up some Nas, pick up Damian Marley, pick up some J. Cole, pick up some Kendrick Lamar. Listen to these artists. I am done with Kanye.

Watch below.

1. AmericanWonder

May 3, 2018 at 11:24 pm

Another idiot who has just listened to the nonsense the media has fed them, go listen & watch the full 30min clip,yeye woman.

• SoniaPaloma

May 4, 2018 at 9:25 am

I swear down. All they do is join the bandwagon. Like I dont even care about celebrities but I am so livid at the way people are throwing stones at Kanye for what he said. They all need to drink some milk and actually see things from a different perspective other than the side that will make them look cool going with the crowd.
      Kanye, Shake this damn glass table for it to scatter make everybody fall. Shiooorrrrr

• omomo

May 4, 2018 at 4:45 pm

bandwagon madam…if you ask her to point on the map where Ghana is or who Steve Biko is she will not know ..gerrahia mean ..

2. ty

May 4, 2018 at 7:11 am

American wonder, the yeye woman go feed your generation. His statement reveal how Ill informed the young clown. Wat u get when u crown a clown a genius these days

3. Tee

May 4, 2018 at 9:45 am

I swear down – I find that phrase super annoying who are you? A 12-13 year old south London boy trying to be cool? A fi swear up nko? For the other stuff I’ll be back lol – lemme just address this one first lol

• SoniaPaloma