BN TV

Let’s Talk about the 50/50 Rule in Relationships! WATCH Episode 1 of ‘Real Talk’ Season 3 with Timini Egbuson, Sharon Ooja, Mimi Onalaja & Koye 10

BN TV

On this episode of Ndani TV’s Real Talk, host Yinka Oladiran is joined by Timini Egbuson, Sharon Ooja, Mimi Onalaja and Koye 10 as they discuss the 50/50 rule.

Do you agree that people in relationships should split bills and responsibilities 50/50?

Watch below.

1. Husbandsloveyourwives

July 11, 2018 at 3:55 pm

Very interesting topic. Regarding the man making the final decision, does he do it tactfully or like a roughian? I believe in the man being the provider and head of the home but emotional intelligence is everything. He should be understanding, make his woman feel heard and still make the decision instead of bulldozing his way because ‘he is the man’.
    Regarding 50:50, I believe biblical gender roles are there to serve a purpose. Hence role reversal would be a no-no for me (except in very extenuating short term circumstances). This instead of 50:50, I believe more in 60:40 or 70:30. I’m happy to help out financially whilst he also helps out with the childcare, cooking etc.

2. Bettyb

July 11, 2018 at 9:17 pm

This is like the third presenter that this show is using and each one has had either an American or British accent. That saddens me what message is that sending to children who may be very talented presenters in the future? This would discourage them from trying because this sends the message that you must be “foreign” to be considered qualified for such jobs. It seems ndanni tv views people with foreign accent as more articulate and that’s just further evidence of slave mentality at work.

• memebaby

July 12, 2018 at 7:26 am

you are right…and even if they had a presenter with the “typical” nigerian accent ..one who was born and schooled in the country..some of these guests might not take him or her seriously…

3. bubu

July 12, 2018 at 1:53 pm

all i see is Timini and Sharon cutting each other eyes. hehehe. cant waif or #SGIT5 #MOSHALLY

4. moyo

July 12, 2018 at 2:05 pm

I think this accent shaming thing has become ridiculous. Not all Nigerians have a Nigerian Accent. It doesn’t make you a better person because you speak pigeon or with a “Nigerian” accent. Pleaseeeee we will never advance with always finding fault. Let people be. I don’t think this is an authentic American accent and some presenters don’t want to shake the accent off but please if you needed an accent to collect American or British citizenship, you will blow the fonetics and leave Nigeria so girl bye.

• Bettyb

July 13, 2018 at 1:14 am

Such a moron jumping to conclusions that someone expressing their observations about the “colonial accent trend” is because they don’t have one themselves or wish to speak with an American or British accent. FYI I made the comment as a British Nigerian who is surrounded by British accents all damn day I don’t want to tune into a Nigerian show, radio station, news, everything on ebony life with the hopes of connecting with my heritage only to be confronted with the accent of my colonisers.

5. chuks

July 12, 2018 at 2:09 pm

I think you should try auditioning indigenous communication majors in Nigeria. You’d be shocked at how they cant string a sentence together and how dull and non-confident they come across on camera. Perhaps its time for a nationwide casting. im over Ndani and this show, its clear they are dragging it. In the whole of Lagos they couldn’t find any other guests? they had to bring Timini back. Wasn’t he on Season 1. We really don’t try…

• Elle

July 14, 2018 at 9:21 am

Chuks, stop lying abegi, unless you simply just described yourself.