News

Duncan Mighty responds to Domestic Violence Allegations

BellaNaija.com

Duncan Mighty and Wife Vivien

Singer/producer Duncan Mighty has responded to reports that he battered his wife over the weekend.

On Monday, there were reports that Duncan Mighty battered his wife, leaving her with a swollen eye.

The reports, quoting friends and colleagues of his wife Vivien, also claim the singer has been a wife beater for some time.

Photos of Vivien’s battered face were also posted on social media.

In a post on Instagram, Duncan Mighty who shared loved up photos of him and his wife, described the reports as lies aimed at tarnishing his image.

He wrote:

THE NEXT NEWS WILL BE I USED MY WIFE FOR COMING BACK,, WHAT DO YOU GAIN TO TARNISH MY IMAGE WITH LIES THAT I BRUTALIZED MY OWN WIFE,? HEHEHE UNA COME LATE::::::::::::::My life n journey to get here wasn’t by DUNCANMIGHTY but by GOD last 2 weeks i met one of the ONOBELO,’S at the Harvest lekki he approached me and said my name is somethjng onobello I said u welcome he said he’s happy for my come back to the industry and that one thing that has kept me Unique is that I have no Scandals and he loves it like that immediately i laughed and said to him, Do you know I run a Construction company where I carry out professional civil engineering jobs too ? He was quite and I said to him pls sir I know the bellos are media top n Naija how can u guys help me PROJECT PORT HARCOURT he said anything bro we waiting for my TELEVISION STATION in 2016 I was made the YOUTH BRAND AMBASSADOR FOR FOCCIMA,, I PUBLISHED AN ARTICLE I called Using Sports to channel the mindset of our youths into meaningful leaving this same ONOBELO and instablog PUBLISHED on there page I went to beg Buhari for empowerment after the same Onobello and Instablog two weeks to my wedding in 2015 PUBLISHED another fake news that a lady was pregnant for me and yet am planning a royal wedding,,,, I no come Lagos to find Fame,,,,, For your information My Marriage is not one of those u people broke down n will never be… For your info I am the winner of my marriage my wife and kids can’t do without Daddy every moment,,, the more u make people hate me the more they love me more pls don’t allow these fools make u forget we dropping one of the biggest TUNE of our time AZA DAVIDO DUNCANMIGHTY PERUZI …… I LOVE MA FANS

1. Chibaby

August 21, 2018 at 12:45 pm

See essay writing! Bros, this is a simple yes or no question. Did you or did you not hit your wife?

2. Ec

August 21, 2018 at 1:04 pm

Yes it no. Why now. If that’s his wife who did that to her and for what reason

3. keke driver

August 21, 2018 at 2:46 pm

Does this Man realize there are PICTURES of his wife’s face? how do you deny that?

4. elders are Sleeping

August 21, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Had to read this about 10 times before understanding. Arrrrghh!! Learn punctuation marks n spell correctly, how do ur fans cope?? Duncan Mighty, you went from asking real music with wizkid ND from ur days of singing ‘akanuche’ to messing with Davido and singing about money, you forgot ur root, no wonder you postrated before them, how much money can make a ph 1st born bow down!. Wene, you are 34 years, probably the youngest in ur generation, Dem donjazzy, tuface, dbanj, psquare, and the rest. And dey are still flying high n u can never hear bout dem stooping so low to beat their wife!! Or even bow down to a younger artist. I don’t wanna judge though. But truly, money can’t buy class. ‘if you carry monkey comot jungle, enter mansion, e go still run comot house, enter jungle back’

5. jade edo babe

August 21, 2018 at 5:11 pm

Na today. Duncan is a woman beater and abuser. He dated one of my ex friends. Very insecure and controlling guy. He wasn’t even this big then, still working his way up when they dated. Crying was her only job in that relationship. He lied about how much money he has. I finally met my friend’s bobo. I was shocked to see his ugly face and bad odor. He’s very rude in person too.
    Useless guy, my friend said even sex he no fit do am well. On top mata, he beat women. I blame my friend sha. One of the reasons we no longer talk, her choices in men and her lifestyle.
    The last hit was when she left.
    I was happy when I didn’t hear his music, I even thought he died.

6. elders are Sleeping

August 21, 2018 at 6:17 pm

Had to read this about 10 times before understanding. Arrrrghh!! Learn punctuation marks n spell correctly, how do ur fans cope?? Duncan Mighty, you went from making real music with wizkid ND from ur days of singing ‘akanuche’ to messing with Davido and singing about money, you forgot ur root, no wonder you postrated before them, how much money can make a ph 1st born bow down!. Wene, you are 34 years, probably the youngest in ur generation, Dem donjazzy, tuface, dbanj, psquare, and the rest. And dey are still flying high n u can never hear bout dem stooping so low to beat their wife!! Or even bow down to a younger artist. I don’t wanna judge though. But truly, money can’t buy class. ‘if you carry monkey comot jungle, enter mansion, e go still run comot house, enter jungle back’

7. Diamond

August 21, 2018 at 9:22 pm

Why are people speaking for his wife? Is she dumb? And why didn’t we hear about this wife beating when Duncan mighty disappeared from the radar?

8. Kiki

August 21, 2018 at 9:27 pm

Please he should drop the long sermon and own up to what he did. Go to his instagram page and see some pictures taken in the same sitting room his battered wife sat. Why lie and say it was a photo shopped picture?
    I’ve lost all respect for him. Thought he was responsible but how wrong I’ve been

9. John

August 21, 2018 at 10:57 pm

Work of feminists and haters.

Never believed it anyway …but oga Duncan you need a wife upgrade sha.
    Na your wife be that???
    Disappointed!!

• Zeb

August 22, 2018 at 3:14 am

Ode, let’s see ur wife or babe oga, hiding behind ur computer to write nonsense..u idiot of a man