Music

“My pain, my sweat..so help me God” – Yinka Ayefele reacts to Oyo State’s demolition of his Music House

The Oyo state government has demolished a property owned by popular gospel singer Yinka Ayefele. This comes after reports that he had dragged the government to court in a contest of the order to have the property “The Music House” which housed his radio station, studio, and others.

The singer in an Instagram post following the demolition in the early hours of Sunday, August 19, shared photos of the destroyed property with the caption, “Oyo state government did at last…my pain, my sweat..so help me God”

1. by_stander

August 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm

So why are we getting only one side to this story?

Why isn’t there any information on the basis of which the building is illegal or a safety hazard?

Also why it was approved or not approve in the first place?

furthermore is he going to be compensated? Or there grounds in which a person’s work/time/investment/lively hood etc, can be thrown away without Mens rea?

If i mention Lawyers and Accountants now…they will say one ting one ting

2. Rita Toronto

August 19, 2018 at 5:08 pm

Sir, if your structure was an illegal structure built on government land that doesn’t go with the plan of Oyo State, then I see no point calling on God. It’s unfortunate that this happened to you. But the Lord says obey the law of the land. It’s possible that your building might be hindering flow of water or something of that nature. This demolision worked in Edo state that even the Oba of Benin adhered and encouraged the Govt, to demolish illegal structures. Point is that when buying a land ALWAYS ensure you are not buying a piece of land that says not in accordance with the land use act. Sorry sir and I pray that the lord with give you strength and the resources to build another structure on a LEGAL land. Bless you sir.

• Kkay

August 20, 2018 at 12:13 pm

@Rita Toronto please ask the Government of Oyo State (Land Registry,Office of Surveyor-General, Urban and Regional Planning) who gave Yinka Ayefele the government approvals, C of O and documents to build his Music House in that location. When you talk about obeying the law of the land, is that Government obeying its own law and if the law exists, which government officials breached it and gave approvals. Why are those officials not being brought to book and punished by the “law of the land as the Lord says?” (in your own words)
      This is common in Nigeria – the government pulling down structures after abdicating its responsibilities especially, in urban and regional planning. Cities are planned ahead of the next generation or in projection of increasing population.
      That’s what my grandpa and his ruling cabinet did in my hometown way before this generation started building now in the areas that were farmlands. They also mapped out areas for reclamation, waste disposal and even banned non-biodegradable wastes from being disposed there. Let me surprise you further, these things were documented and those who come up to claim land areas that do not belong to his family, kinsmen or village are shutdown with indisputable facts.

3. Baybie

August 19, 2018 at 6:23 pm

Hmmm!

4. kkay

August 19, 2018 at 10:29 pm

Some men should not forget that God Almighty rules in the affairs of me and will not let the wicked go unpunished.

Of all things begging for the attention of Oyo State government, it is the demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Music House!
    How many jobs has that government created?!

• ceetoo

August 20, 2018 at 8:21 am

Indeed of all things begging his attention…. come and see dorti in Ibadan alone… you will cry.
      The demolition is obviously a vendetta… those that know know.

• Kkay

August 20, 2018 at 11:43 am

affairs of *men* not me. (Pardon the typo)