Music

Peter “Mr P” Okoye shares #MondayMotivation Post

BellaNaija.com

Peter "Mr P" Okoye shares Monday Motivation | BellaNaija

Peter “Mr P” Okoye has motivated fans with a photo shared on his Instagram.

The singer shared a photo of his home and cars, saying he hopes it motivated fans and not depresses them.

#MondayMotivation I pray that this picture Motivates and inspires you, rather than making you mad or sad. Same God that did for me will surely do it for you??? Say a big AMEN!!!?? #MondayMotivation #Blessed#LivingMyDreams #MyWayMyWorld#BossOfHisOwn #MrP’sWorld #TheHustleIsReal #LevelUp #ZOOM

1. Marlee

August 6, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Vanity upon vanity is still vanity. Poor you. Be blessed with all properties. Life is more than just having things.

• See

August 6, 2018 at 7:51 pm

Lol! Forget it. Even having a deadbeat bettle and living in a shack is also vanity. The guy has worked hard for what he has.

• didi

August 6, 2018 at 8:25 pm

I disagree with you guyz, the best way to motivate people is through life’s experiences, how you treat poeple and the decisions you make. These materialistic show off is the reason why our young men and women want it fast and meddle into evil things just so they can say BIG GOD.

• TheRealist

August 7, 2018 at 2:34 am

@Marlee, does he not have a family? Wife and kids? Does he not help people with charity and employment? Has he not worked hard? So, how exactly is life only about “things”?

PETTY JEALOUS NIGERIANS!! YOU ALL PREACH “GOD THIS, JESUS THAT” BUT HARBOR BILE IN YOUR HEARTS!! SMDH!!!

• DEEDEEE

August 7, 2018 at 6:23 pm

POOR PEOPLE MAKE THE MOST NOISE.

THE REAL FORBES RICH MEN ARE ALWAYS SILENT.

2. Miss Fine

August 6, 2018 at 1:01 pm

I think once a while it is a good motivation for people.

• rosette

August 6, 2018 at 3:36 pm

The reason why Armed robbers and kidnappers is the current trend in Nigeria.

• TheRealist

August 7, 2018 at 2:39 am

@Rosette, nope! It is often the sort of PETTY-MINDED JEALOUS, ENVY and BILE being displayed in some of the comments that leads to the “armed robbery and kidnapping” mentality by those who feel entitled to what others have worked hard for.

3. ANTHONY

August 6, 2018 at 3:22 pm

The last time i saw this house was when lola got her Range Rover jeep and it was so tight that all these big cars could not fit in there talkless of the garage but all the same thanks for the pic and inspiration.

4. Honestina

August 6, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Last week’s Monday motivation was by Jude Okoye,
    This week’s Monday motivation by Peter Okoye,
    Should we expect one from Paul next week???

• didi

August 6, 2018 at 8:35 pm

@SEE, what @tina said is true tell me which responsible person would think showing somebody your gucci shoes will make them better? Should nigerian youth workhard so they can acquire fleet of cars or so they can positively help the society, SEE LEBRON JAMES is he showing off cars or calling for more help for AT RISK CHILDREN? I believe he is indirectly proving a point to his brothers that he can do without them. This is embarrassingly childish.

5. Tina

August 6, 2018 at 5:18 pm

Money miss road, opportunity to flaunt wealth in the name of motivation.. Why do Nigerians believe opulence is the main way to motivate? How about motivating people to work hard in acts of kindness.
    Do you see Bill Gates or even Dangote flaunting pictures of houses and cars? Bush black man mentality.
    Oh and for those coming to say I’m jealous, I have more than this. Among my wealthy circle of friends that exhibit money miss road mentality, 100% are black.

• See

August 6, 2018 at 8:09 pm

The guy came to humblebrag to inspire others, you came to brag to call him money miss road.

• Dayo

August 7, 2018 at 5:40 am

Abegi, TINA, have you seen or heard of Bill Gates’ 66,000 square feet house, Xanadu 2.0? Or perhaps his $50 million Bombardier BD-700 Global Express private jet? While he is arguably the world’s greatest public philanthropist, he has not exactly foregone the visible indulgences of wealth. Frankly, I think you need to get out more and while at it enlarge your circle of “friends” (I would say birds of the same feather but the way you talk about your supposed “friends” would hate to be one…lol!). Abegi, try putting all that passion of envy into something more productive!

6. ijebujesha

August 6, 2018 at 6:08 pm

My huge surprise is that he isn’t even 20 or something. He is probably 40 or close to it and this! I don’t think it’s a black thing, it is a Nigerian and Black American thing, Maybe Jamaican blacks as well but tbh, I don’t think this shallowness is a culture in other African countries.

• Ghanaba

August 6, 2018 at 10:05 pm

It is all of us ooh

• TheRealist

August 7, 2018 at 2:43 am

@ijebuijesha, no need to resort to crude RACIST stereotyping. There are more white people with huge mansions and multiple cars just in Beverly Hills and Malibu than almost of Nigeria – and let’s not start with Arabs and Asians. Have you been to supposedly Confucian China or Hong Kong – or are you still stuck in Ijebu (physically or mentally)? SMH

7. See

August 6, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Monday Motivation… humblebrag style. Hustle your hustle dude.

8. Dayo

August 7, 2018 at 2:57 am

A flashy lifestyle may not be to everyone’s taste (it’s not to mine), but that’s why we are all individuals. Given that this dude is not a government official or a former political office holder, not a drug dealer, and not a criminal (at least that we know of), but rather someone who has risen from very humble beginnings and background to a level of great achievement in his profession, fame and considerable material wealth through hard work and persistence, some of the comments are just shocking! These are the kind of stories celebrated and propagated in the US (where they rarely tell you that for every Horatio Alger story, there are thousands of failures), but in the crab-mentality culture of Nigeria, we seem to celebrate failure and looting, while denigrating hard work and success.

9. 9ja

August 7, 2018 at 3:17 am

The mere fact that people who usually associated Nigeria and Nigerians with drugs, prostitution, fraud, criminality, etc., show love, goodwill and affinity towards Nigeria because of folks like P-Square (as well as WizKid, Davido, Tiwa, Yemi Alade, etc.), is motivation enough and of course has earned them a little ‘vanity’ (if you want to call it that)!

10. jokobaba

August 7, 2018 at 10:13 am

I yam motivated; if I may, let me go back to my mum’s basement…

11. Rossy petite

August 28, 2018 at 8:57 pm

Its part of showbiz I guess…I don’t think we should judge him for this post after all we don’t know everything about his personal life and philanthropy. I’m inspired not only to acquire wealth for personal enjoyment but I pray for affluence to influence lives…people are really struggling out there. My dream is to be able to empower people like Lebron James..that guy? Hmm may God help me Amen