News

BBC Presenter announces she has only days to Live in Moving Tweet

Rachael Bland

BBC presenter Rachael Bland, 40 who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016 has announced, in a moving post that she has only days to live, while thanking everyone for their love and support.

In May 2018, Bland was told her cancer was incurable. Two months later, she was told her cancer had spread further.

In an August article, Bland said she was in a race against time to finish a memoir – For Freddie – she was writing for her 2-year old son Freddie.

She wanted her son to know about her when he grows up. She had hoped that it’d be published before she passes.

However, in a tweet on Monday, Bland said she has only “days” to live.

The co-host of the You, Me and the Big C podcast wrote: “In the words of the legendary Frank S – I’m afraid the time has come my friends. And suddenly. I’m told I’ve only got days. It’s very surreal. Thank you so much for all the support I’ve received.”

“Au revoir my friends,” she added.

She also posted the same message on Instagram, along with a photo of her and her husband Steve Bland.

Photo Credit: @bigclittleme

1. N

September 4, 2018 at 2:07 pm

This life is short, I pray she finds peace in her last days. God bless her soul.

2. dami

September 4, 2018 at 2:09 pm

sad……..But yet thankful for the knowledge to make peace and truly bid all farewell

3. Lilo

September 4, 2018 at 3:05 pm

Oh death. I guess every life must come to an end whether timely or untimely- one way or the other.

4. NC

September 4, 2018 at 3:18 pm

It breaks my heart to read this, especially with her having a young son. I lost my mother at 5, so I know what it’s like growing up with one.

5. Chizon

September 4, 2018 at 3:25 pm

???.. so sad.

6. mywifeisfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

September 4, 2018 at 4:27 pm

Tears in my eyes as i read this; we had to deal with the same news about my mum. it was the most painful one week of my life watching her slowly die. the only solace we had was that she had time to make peace with her maker; not a,lot of people get that that opportunity. Rest on mum, i miss you everyday.

7. Tolu

September 4, 2018 at 7:35 pm

It hurts to read this….I cannot imagine what she is going through and having to watch what she will leave behind. God do a miracle.

8. Maneju

September 4, 2018 at 8:12 pm

This is the most heartbreaking post I’ve seen, knowing you have days left to live is sad especially one with a baby. Hope she makes peace with her maker, may God give her family the grace to move on after she has gone. So sad though

9. mamaisabel

September 5, 2018 at 9:08 pm

All she needs is faith as little as a mustard seed.

10. Ephi

September 5, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Sadly she passed on today. May her soul rest in peace and God comfort those she left behind. Amen.