Scoop

“Be careful the decisions you make in life” – Dabota Lawson opens up on why she regrets Getting Married in 2014

BellaNaija.com

Beauty entrepreneur Dabota Lawson shared an introspective post on social media this morning.

In the post, she opens up on how some past decisions have shaped her life and why she regrets those decisions. She concludes the piece with an advice, saying “Be careful the decisions you make in life. This is a very stern warning, everything you do has a consequence that only you will experience in a way only you can understand.”

The former beauty queen got married to businessman Sunny Aku in 2014 before they separated in 2016. Their union was blessed with a daughter in 2016.

According to Dabota, she regrets this union and everything about it, except for the birth of her daughter.

Read her post below.

This weekend I spent a lot of time thinking and talking about past events in my life . My friends kept saying Dabota everything happens for a reason and you are who you are today because of all that has happened. But I said to them and myself NO!! I’m not soooo thankful, I wish I made better decisions and was careful before getting involved with certain things and certain people . I wish I could see the future of how some of my poor decisions will stay hunting me , because they actually do ? Every time I win or do better it’s because I chose to and I took a right turn , not always because I’ve learned a lesson. The only thing I know is my mind and heart is just stronger, too strong for my own good, I’m almost not in touch with reality and strictly focused on pursuing goals and making sure everyone and everything around me is fine.
I miss being care free and the softness and innocence I used to have. I hate the fact that I have major trust issue and assume everyone has an ulterior motive around me . I mostly regret ever getting married in 2014 ( please keep all that lessons and whatever you think I got from it talk ) I hate the fact that I did !PERIOD!
The only I did right that keeps me going was making the decisions to go through with my pregnancy and have my child . My daughter is only thing I’ve done right in the world over 25 years of my life . That’s how I feel.
Be careful the decisions you make in life . This is a very stern warning , everything you do has a consequence that only you will experience in way only you can understand . BE VERY CAREFUL !
HAVE A GREAT WEEK !

1. Lola

November 12, 2018 at 12:26 pm

She did a lot of self examination and told herself the truth. She did well. I applaud her for not pretending at all. We need to learn from people’s mistakes. Most importantly we need to have a close relationship with God through Christ. Making Him our Lord not just Saviour. It will save us from a lot of hurt, regret and guilt. I pray she finds the peace that passes all understanding.

• Cocoa

November 12, 2018 at 5:54 pm

You’ve made a very important point. Knowing and accepting Christ..not just as Saviour..but as LORD, MASTER, TRUTH.

Somethings are better left unexperienced. Time spent in the world comes with consequences even after we get saved. She is very right. Learn from others..you can do without the trauma of unwise decisions.

• Fleur

November 13, 2018 at 4:43 am

Na wa. some self reflections after the fact need to happen before the fact. This is too much post-event regret. Sadly many young women will find themselves in this situation…

2. Honestly speaking

November 12, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Love is truly blind. We all saw what she couldn’t see.

• Lilo

November 13, 2018 at 3:13 pm

Love abi ojukokoro?

• xqsyou

November 13, 2018 at 5:59 pm

@Honestly speaking I don’t know about love being blind in this case. Yes, maybe she was naive to think life is all about money and “comfort”. She was very young after all. It is good she grew up fast and set her life straight. Some people linger in that mess for years worrying about what the world would think and say.

3. Owambe babe

November 12, 2018 at 5:14 pm

She’s 25yrs old?

• Anon

November 12, 2018 at 9:47 pm

“over 25 years of my life“

More than 25 years.

4. TheRealist

November 12, 2018 at 9:35 pm

Hun, you “choose better” (or to do better) precisely of the LESSON you learnt…

The reason history is important are the lessons learnt therefrom. The ideal is to learn from the “mistakes” of others (though frankly, mistakes are never clear-cut, sometimes even in retrospect), but rest assured that all lives are invariably pock-marked with negative and positive life experiences, and if you have not yet learned that one abiding life lesson, you are merely setting yourself up for even greater heartache. GROWTH comes not from the absence of setbacks/failures in one’s live (no human being has yet to achieve that, to the best of knowledge and belief), but rather from the capacity to handle same. BEST OF LUCK to you, but you’re just getting started on life’s long and winding road (the Good Lord willing).