TAYO & JOHN LEGEND

Posted on Monday, August 28th, 2006 at 5:46 AM

By BellaNaija.com

I exclusively broke the news of John Legend ‘s relationship with Nigerian model, Tayo Otiti back in July – see HERE
Well they have broken up!
Their relationship was extremely intense but short……
Apparently, one of the reasons why John broke-up with Tayo in July was due to the fact that Tayo’s agent excessively publicized the relationship because she saw it as a good opportunity for Tayo to get more showbiz exposure…
Anyway here is a pic of JL and his new babe- Brazilian model, Danielle Abreu…
”Eyah” to Tayo…

Opinions?

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 38 Comments on “TAYO & JOHN LEGEND”

Comments
    • chioma August 28, 2006 at 6:43 AM

Well, you know how it is up here..Their black males has a history of dumping their black girlfriends as soon as they gain global prominence,I am not suprised.Check out the likes of Kobe Bryant,Tiger Woods etc…If you truly love someone,you stand by them come what may.The poor girl has no control over what her agent did or did not do.Who would not want to utilize a once in lifetime opportunity like that one?…Me, I have never heard of the so-called Nigerian “super model” until this Legend affair.Methinks the poor girl is more interested in the limelight considering the way she was pre-occupied with posing for Camera.hehehe…Do you blame her?Who no like better thing???

• Remi August 28, 2006 at 9:33 AM

…Chioma, you are also suggesting that the black girlfriends are always blameless.

• TaureanMinx August 28, 2006 at 12:33 PM

Whaeverrrrr lol. Balck or white, he just wasn’t that into her jo.

• nosa101 August 28, 2006 at 12:39 PM

What’s up with your template?

• naijagal August 28, 2006 at 12:58 PM

ha! what? where is adaure! see johnny is back! he will be yours lol. In any case, wishing them all the best. He is just an ordinary guy!

• Anonymous August 28, 2006 at 1:37 PM

Isn’t this all a publicity stunt for John? I mean him posing with with women aka “beards” (women who strategically appear in public/red carpet events with suspected gay dudes)eg Lance Bass had a series of “beards” before he was outted by gossip “queen”Perez Hilton.com

I can imagine that Tayo had some measure of exposure with JL, but one can’t help but wonder whether it was all done to cover up the fact that JL is possibly “How you doin’” LOL…

• Omolabake August 28, 2006 at 2:01 PM

Hmmm,
      Heard about the Tayo gal when Addy was talking about her snatcing her man…..lol….
      So what’s her modelling profile like….?
      U know naija peeps like attache too much anyway…gal wants to be the next Tyra Banks(hmmm…really)

• Parazone Super Bleach August 28, 2006 at 2:06 PM

Have to go with anon’s “beard” situation..It may be a publicity stunt for JL. I did hear he was “HUD” ( How you doin) hahhaha

• Adaure August 28, 2006 at 3:07 PM

WHO is the new heifer so that I can go PULL OUT HER HAIR!!!!

LOL.. ya’ll need to leave my JL and his fruitiness alone. Until he is outed by some tabloid he is straight to me.

• Onada August 28, 2006 at 3:47 PM

lol how unfortunate! cant say we didnt see it coming!

• ToyinE August 28, 2006 at 3:54 PM

LOL@Anonymous & Parazone!! That was what i was going to type exactly – i really think JL is very suspect or his Metrosexuality is off the meter men!! New gossip out there is that Ne-yo is also “How you doing”….you guess is as good as any :)

• Dammie August 28, 2006 at 4:16 PM

LoL!….I doubt it has anything to do with race jo!!

Hmmmmmm @ John being homo…….I never saw that coming!.

• tope August 28, 2006 at 4:21 PM

that sux..and i was rooting for her and evrythang…oh well.

• Icy August 28, 2006 at 4:25 PM

hahah lol! I don’t mean to laugh but damn that sucks! Crap now she will be referred to “the girl that dated John Legend” that sucks she needs to get an Oli of Olay Ad so she won’t have that as a shadow!

• Dammie August 28, 2006 at 4:43 PM

Meanwhile, this is new babe is hot!!

• niyoooooo! August 28, 2006 at 4:49 PM

Abegi! wots with the black man white girl sturves?!!
      simple the guy was no longer interested, and really the gurl looked like she loved the camera attention!hey such is life!
      he’s moved on! and i am sure she too wont have a problem moving on either.

• Dammie August 28, 2006 at 5:43 PM

Bella!!!!!!!!!!!!……….You really did break this news first!!

So I decided to google up Tayo Otiti and see what came up!

I think you will be better being her publicist!!!

• Bella Naija August 28, 2006 at 6:02 PM

lol…dammie u should be MY publicist….yeah…i did break the story…anyway…I think I am beginning to egde towards anonymous 1, parazone super bleach (where have u been?) and Toyin E’s theory on this one…..but JL if u r readin this…i still luv ya…lol…

• Parazone Super Bleach August 28, 2006 at 6:47 PM

@ Bella Naija…Just returned from vacation. I have to say that I missed your blog while I was away!

• the HATER August 28, 2006 at 9:43 PM

the woman is not white, she is Spanish, anyway John Legend dating a Nigerian girl, we should be insulted, we all knew he was just going to dump her and leave her bizness out in the street like a public toilet in london hmmm this overrated akata boy jo, he’s just ORDINARY

• NaijaBloke August 28, 2006 at 11:00 PM

Why is everybody surprised abt this… well me I will support ppl’s views abt the guy on the DL cos he looks it sef.What makes u even think the stupid guy dating Tayo and breaking up with her is not a publicity stunt for him too.At least e dan dey history say JL dan shine her congo too.”JL WAS HERE”

• Adaure August 29, 2006 at 6:10 AM

LOL @ Naija bloke… I was thinking that and I am sure ‘every’ Naija bloke who hears that she dated John legend will think the same. Hopefully this would not affect Tayo’s social rep in the Naija circle because we all know how judgmental ya’ll Nigerians can be. At least me I am safe because the shining conga as Naija bloke puts it is all in my imagination–lol

• Miss TiMi August 29, 2006 at 6:12 AM

all i gotta say is…DAYUM he fine!

• Mona August 29, 2006 at 9:53 AM

hisss dont they all get2gether and then break up…ah the wonders of life in hollywood

• Mari August 29, 2006 at 3:27 PM

lmao. all this hollywood showbiz life is always full of gossips and publicity stunts. so what if her agent was using the opportunity to up her status, if he really liked her, that wouldnt have been an issue.

• NaijaBloke August 29, 2006 at 6:55 PM

@ Adaure ..Yes ke ..History no dey erase o and No tell me say u dey dream abt this o,cos if u dey dream or imagine it ..ur congo dan get shined be that ….LOL

• beautyinbaltimore August 30, 2006 at 9:44 AM

@ hater- Whats up with the word”Acata”. Stop the madness

• ???? August 31, 2006 at 1:00 PM

@ beauty in baltimore..Wetin be stop madness dere? Make I switch to correct english make you understand me. Err didn’t you put a Nigerian boy aka Green Card Gary aka NWG( Nigerian without a Green Card) on blast on your blog? It was quite Endearing. I think “Acata” in this context is a term of endearment! No big deal! LOL

• Toni Payne September 1, 2006 at 7:23 AM

I doubt if John Legend is Gay, than again you never know. I can imagine how hard it is for them to filter out the good women and maybe she really did like him and her publicist messed it up for her.. lol Adaure, dont worry he is waiting for you.. ;)

• beautyinbaltimore September 1, 2006 at 4:38 PM

@????- NWG and Green Card Gary are totally different from Acata. Acata means Wild Animal. Calling him(the date) Green Card Gary and NWG are in no way as negative as calling someone a wild animal. People in Baltimore(Maryland) have taken to giving Nigerian men without status(papers) these ncknames because they are notorious for the type of behavior that my date(?) tried to pull. I guess you do not live in Maryland, but you should no that we have the largest concentration of Nigerians. As a matter of fact we have many neighborhoods within Baltimore which are almost entirely composed of Nigerians. I mention this because I know soooooo many women, those with status and African-American who have been bothered by men like my date who “spit game” at any female they think will/can give them papers.
      P.S.- Please act like a big girl/boy and indentify yourself. ?????-what is that for a name/title.

• ????? September 1, 2006 at 5:11 PM

But my question to you is this..”how many battles are you ready to fight in order to stop people from using the word “acata”?

I can see why it would offend anyone who was american…but thats life people get called names by people who dont know the gravity of what they speak.

Horrible world we live in…

• Anonymous September 7, 2006 at 8:09 PM

Woah! Shocked! I read your news breaking story & I was happy for my Naija sista!

Now, I’m thinking that Mr. “Legend” has decided to be a promiscuous aristo (ashewo) wannabe a la Kanye West.

This woman was a fine fine girl & you don’t part ways w/ someone b/c of their publicist! It just goes to show how superficial he truly is.

Anyhow, she can do better jare

• Anonymous October 6, 2006 at 6:06 PM

fyi to all the haters, i personally know johns new girlfriend, and a. shes not spanish she is brazilian, b. John never dated Tayo, the hand on his shoulder in the publicized phote is of his actual girlfriend danielle, who happend to be at his side the night of tayos birthday (there are pictures of that on wireimage right next to the tayo ones), and john no longer is friends with Tayo because of her exploitation of their friendship to further her career and popularity. Tayo is to blame for spreading the rumors, not her “agent” or agency. Shes a waitress/model who happens to hang out on the club scene. Its frustrating for me to hear people make up shit and ruin the repuation of such a sweet great guy. And noooooo he is not gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Simi February 22, 2007 at 2:10 AM

What da heck is d big deal with these male celebs and dem dating models na? Me, i no get am o.

• Anonymous June 6, 2007 at 2:28 PM

To the one who said that that woman was not white,but Spanish…I really hope you mean HISPANIC,because Spanish people are European and White.

• Anonymous July 10, 2007 at 5:55 PM

You all have it wrong. John Legend was never dating Tayo. They are just friends and have been for a while, way before John ever became famous. And I know this for a fact because Tayo and I are pretty good friends. All you gist mongers sha

• Anonymous September 15, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Tayo is not a model and has never been. maybe a groupie! and she isnt dating John legend.

• Anonymous January 29, 2008 at 12:46 AM

she looks cross-eyed….i’d dump her yoruba ass too!