Posted on Thursday, September 3rd, 2009 at 2:51 AM

By BellaNaija.com

It was one of the most anticipated events of the season – a perfect way to round off the London summer. A musical event tagged the ‘Koko Concert‘. D’Banj, Don Jazzy, Dr. SID, Wande Coal, D’Prince, new Mo Hits recruit Ikechukwu plus a slew of openers including May7ven and comedian Tunde Ednut. The stage was set for a thrilling night – the Koko effect is definitely LIVE in London as fans of D’Banj and Mo’ Hits filled the O2 arena to capacity. As expected, the hits just kept coming and the momentum was sustained with on-stage antics from all the artistes. An absolute cracker! Check out photos below.

Welcome to the Koko Concert

Welcome to the Koko Concert

Basketmouth

Basketmouth

May7ven

May7ven

Check my temperature - Dr. SID's in the building!

Check my temperature - Dr. SID's in the building!

D'Prince is here

D'Prince is here

The crowd is going crazy!

The crowd is going crazy!

Wande Coaaaal

Wande Coaaaal

Ikechukwu's in the house

Ikechukwu's in the house

...and so is Don Jazzy

...and so is Don Jazzy

Oh oh its the Koko Master - D'Banj

Oh oh its the Koko Master - D'Banj

The crowd says...we love you D'Banj

The crowd says...we love you D'Banj

...You do? The shirt comes off!

...You do? The shirt comes off!

Once you've seen him in concert - you are offically a kokolette

Once you've seen him in concert - you are offically a kokolette

The End...

The End...

Photo Credit: West Coast

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 22 Comments on “The Nigerian Thriller! D’Banj & The MoHits All Stars’ Koko Concert Rocks London’s O2 Arena”

Comments
    • FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere September 3, 2009 at 3:10 AM

lol..i have seen him in concert and i am not an Kokolette o..Godforbid i’d be label as such…
      Naija girls sa..we can like fake hair sa!!!lol
      anywayz wish i was there to listen to my Double U-ceezy(wande coal) croon

• FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere September 3, 2009 at 3:11 AM

“not a Kokolette o”

• mee September 3, 2009 at 6:28 AM

i was there live and it was fun through-out,they gave us value for our money, but it was Wande- coal day, he was on stage throught d show. i really enjoy my self.love u all mo’hit and May7ven

• Tokunbo September 3, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Though they sing a lot of obscenities, but give it to them, the Mohits are great performers. They bring in the heat at any time, ride on guys but my fav remains Wande Coal, he’s just superb

• jbaby September 3, 2009 at 1:37 PM

when was this? i missed ohh.

• Alexia September 3, 2009 at 2:17 PM

D’banj and the mo hits crew were amazing, they shut the place down!!!!!!!!! but one thing that I’m sooooooooo pissed off about is, the fact that I paid a lot of money for the v.i.p tickets and we couldn’t hardly see anything where we were sat at, then tooo make the situation worse because, we hardly couldn’t see anything we had to go downstairs where everyone paid the standard tickets, just soooo we could get a good view ( I might as well of paid £25 instead of the £50 plus vat). But none the less mo hits and the other performers made naija proud and they gave a heavy show. I hope the koko concert will be a yearly thing in London because, I will definitely go again :-) ooooooooooo shea!!!!!!! (I think thats how u spell it).

• Nneka September 3, 2009 at 5:36 PM

You know I gave that last picture a blank stare! All that fake hair in the house! Eww. They could have sown a Koko Master Robe for Dbanj and extra shirts for the crew from all that weave/hair scare.

• Bebe September 3, 2009 at 10:49 PM

OMG….cant believ dbanj and basket mouth were in town and I didnt hear about it!!!! i mmost def missed a lot!!!

• luvlife September 4, 2009 at 12:27 AM

i just commented to my friend about how the girls looked so old and ……oh well…..not right. Now I realise it’s the friggin hair. fake hair can be hideous

• Sarah September 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM

To the previous comment; what black girls dont have fake hair these days?

• Sarah September 4, 2009 at 1:54 PM

don’t be too saddned I was downstairs wearing heels and wishing I was sitting where you were.

• lawrenta September 4, 2009 at 7:49 PM

dbanj u promise dat d kokollet will b with u but u faile 4 dat i will never buy ur music again ffffffaaaaallllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn lllllllliiiiiikkkkkkeeeeeeeeee uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

• B!cious September 4, 2009 at 11:13 PM

WHY CANT SOME OF YOU GIRLS STOP PRETENDING…. WE ARE ALL BLACK WOMEN AND MOST OF US WEAR ATTACHMENT FOR CONVINIENCY AND FASHION, IF YOU DONT, GOOD LUCK TO YOU! SO WHY CRITICISE THE GIRLS CUX Of THEIR HAIR? ABEG TALK BETTER THING, THIS IS ABOUT KOKO CONCERT AND NOT PUT OTHER PEOPLE DOWN… NAIJA GALS CAN BE BITCHY SHA!! HABA!!

• henry September 4, 2009 at 11:50 PM

No one is saying anything about Tilla man performing,the guy is good and the puyanga song is something Xtra ordinary.thumbs up for him and i am sure waiting for your full album cos YOU ARE DA BOMB.

• Ob September 5, 2009 at 1:02 AM

WANDE COAL, WANDE COAL, wow! wat a singer. I so had to do a post on him. http://obiamakareasons.blogspot.com/

• Evans September 5, 2009 at 2:02 AM

I saw the advert for the show but could not make it. My brothers and sisters that were there please, can you tell me if it was a live performance with Backing Band or the normal stuff of singing along CD?
      I was opportuned to see a 2face perfromace in Nigeria the other day and was really impressed with the full band right behind him.

• Alexia September 5, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Hey Evans, there was no live band performing with them, but they still entertained and did there thing, the show was amamzing. That day was the first time in years where I’ve actually danced so hard without having a care in a the world :)

• Alexia September 5, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Totally agree with what ur saying, if wearin a weave makes a girl happy why not, once it looks good and she is not harmin any1.

• Misunderstood Kokolettes sis September 8, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Dbanj – a typical yoruba guy *Naija*, and he’s not yet married. That is very strange. Well, he’s talented tho. judging from the response regarding his London show…..

• latman October 10, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Mo hit crew are the best group in 9ja,dats why Ikechukwu had to join them living storm records to mo hit.D’banj,Don jazzy, Wandecoal and Dr SID are gifted more kudos to them.I love Mo hit so much.I have someone that can sing well and you will appreciate him and strengthen mo hit the more if you guys can test his ability.He has over 15 hit tracks,he entertain us when we are in school,i bet you he is good.His name Tenny zee,07039335261..

• Eyo Kufre E January 8, 2010 at 6:40 PM

200 KOKO CONCERT I WILL BE THERE BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD.

• MiKEXX January 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Dbanj u d best but abeg go fat small