Posted on Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 at 10:28 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Ty Bello‘s call to action song, “The Future” has made an impact on the radio and online as it provides an apt reminder that our future is in our hands.

In this short documentary by Joel Benson, Ty shares her inspiration for the song and what she hopes the song will achieve.
Video below.

The Future from Joel Benson on Vimeo.

Side Note
For everyone who has been asking about Ty’s hair, here is her response from a recent interview with Hi Magazine
Question: Well, you’ve told me about creating and photography and music. You’re one gorgeous lady, from the release of The Future online, asides from wide adoration for the song, your skin and hair have also taken Center Stage, what is your secret? What is your beauty ritual? What is going on with your hair, where is this hair from?
Ty Bello: Okay let me put it this way; I don’t really spend a lot of money on cloths, if I am ever splurging at all it is always on me. I take care of my hair a lot and then also I have very soft hair, its curly but it’s not as full as it looks. That’s as far as I can say.
Photo Credit: Ty Bello Studio/Hi Magazine

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 54 Comments on “The Making Of “The Future: Watch This & Discover the Story Behind Ty Bello’s Inspiring Song”

Comments
    • Moi April 12, 2011 at 10:38 AM

“..its curly but it’s not as full as it looks. That’s as far as I can say.”
      Huh?!..Is she saying she has added natural hair extensions?!?
      TY share your hair care regimen naa

• TERMS April 12, 2011 at 10:38 AM

lover her
      first?

• Rita Ohai April 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Not really dear, THE AMAKA (bubble-burster) where are you? this is supposed to be ur job…

• THE AMAKA April 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM

sorry oooo, didnt catch that one.
          NOT QUITE! hahaha (i know, im slacking)

• IamSassyChic April 12, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Good one there… I guess this explains why the song is great

• ennovY April 12, 2011 at 10:56 AM

My fav song this year. Thank you, TY and everyone who contributed to this for being a ‘voice of reason’ especially in times like these and God bless you.

• Aibee April 12, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Thank you BN for this. The future is a great and powerful song. Coming at this time of the year – pre-election, elections and thenn the post-election, it is indeed a call to arms as it were. Every time I hear the song, I’m inspired to pray for Nigeria. This song inspired me to go out and vote at the NASS polls, knowing that I have no where else to run to. I’m not particularly fond nof the video but I think the concept was okay. God bless you T.Y Bello. You’ve given me 2 inspirational songs for Nigeria: Greenland & The Future.
      May I suggest that this song become our National anthem? Just kidding.

• Karimah April 12, 2011 at 11:11 AM

that explains it

• dewowo April 12, 2011 at 11:17 AM

luv her style…

• Miss-cRaZy April 12, 2011 at 12:53 PM

^^…..Cool

• Jane Bernard April 12, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Aww yes TY we are the future!
      Great work!!!

• Jane Bernard April 12, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Yes TY we are the future!
      Great work!!!

• Iya2 April 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM

OMG love that hair!!

• Me jare April 12, 2011 at 1:52 PM

her hair is my competition!!!! lol

• asanwam April 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I love Ty Bello to bits, she is stunning and talented BUT if you believe that its all her real hair then you might as well believe i saw a dozen pigs flying this morning.

• Me jare April 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM

why don’t u believe that’s her hair? cos it’s long,curly and bushy?…hehehe wake up man, afro girls needs to start letting their natural hair down rather than using extentions each time. jeez

• P April 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM

• curious April 16, 2011 at 2:21 AM

please how can you get naija hair to look like that? i’m curious to know cos i have natural hair too

• P April 18, 2011 at 10:25 PM

well i dunno if it’ll work for u. Im igbo and we have really thick hair in my family. I have relaxed hair but when i want my hair to look afro i usually moisturize it heavily, do tight plaits before i sleep and when i wake up i blow dry it and comb it out. That does the trick for me. It comes out looking like her’s does only my hair is longer.

• THE AMAKA April 12, 2011 at 2:24 PM

hair hair hair hair…sigh, some people sef.
      anyway, good job TY!!!!

• THE AMAKA April 12, 2011 at 2:27 PM

@ 3:11 was that a blackberry i saw? lol

• Straight4ward April 12, 2011 at 3:16 PM

My girl, really proud of you my darling…we all love you.

• Futurama April 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Is that Nwando Okeke at the beginning of the video, from OAU Ife. She used to be in S.O.D. I see you, baby. Oh she is back from London? Awesome

Nice work TY Bello. These types of thought provoking, pro-nationalist, rabble rousing ballads are your forte really. You do them so well, and the good thing is that you know your lane.

BTW, Goldie’s “Don’t Touch” video sucks big time. Wrong place to vent or post, I know,but I am just saying.

• sco sco April 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM

DAMN! TY Bello! Girl! You are an inspiration. I must say that when i first heard the song, I was stirred up! Things are getting better! I believe it!

• iphie April 12, 2011 at 7:44 PM

nappy hair rocks jus started my own natural hair journey n need as much inspiratn…..pls pls share ur regimen!!

• Jess April 12, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I like the shirt she has on in the picture hehe. But yea loves her, she’s super real. Those kids at the end were cute as well.

• Uju O April 12, 2011 at 8:16 PM

The song is truly inspiring, I just feel the urge to pray for my country each time I listen to The Future. Young people are so passionate abt Nigeria, I hope our passion drives us to become the change we seek. “How can they say that we are finished when we have just begun? When we have nowhere else to run to, we have nowhere else to go…”

• Older&Wiser April 12, 2011 at 8:34 PM

urmmm it’s not her hair! Com’on people get real …all of a sudden because someone is famous, her naija hair miraclously becomes all soft, flowy and full…she’s given u as much of a hint as possible …and people are still going ‘o tell me ur secret’ ‘o my nappy hair journey just began…’ Make una stop all d nonsense …it is not her hair end of. Milkyway, Outre, to name a few …there’s a weave from ghana that looks like that – i forget d name now …enuff said, ok..hope it’s settled now. :)))))

• Bukky April 12, 2011 at 9:53 PM

There are various types of hair types. You cant just group Naija hair together.My hair is natural, full and very soft!

• Miss Face April 12, 2011 at 8:37 PM

You needed to have seen me practically freeze and hold my breath until she got to: “Its not as full as it looks” …? **pop!pop!!**(bubble bursts)Its official people…….. She just admitted to adding extensions, Okay there!, can we all get on with our lives? Brazilian hair anyone?

• P April 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM

lool. it could be her hair dont know if it is. i should post a pic of my hair on here then. i guess pigs will be flying soon. my hair is a lot longer than that and i can get it looking like that with a blow dryer and im a 100percent naija chic. u ppl obv havnt seen black chics with long hair. Maybe i should send my pic to BN to help some of u guys out. lol

• JUST ME April 12, 2011 at 9:00 PM

its funny how instead of focusing on the msg that she is trying to pass across,which is inspiring to say the least,all what majority of the commentators here are focusing on is her hair.come on pple,come on.this is a call to arms for the nigerian youth,not a call to admire her hair or clothes.not saying she looks bad,infact,she looks beautiful.all im saying,u guys,is pay attention to the msg.WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE FUTURE OF NIGERIA

• THE AMAKA April 13, 2011 at 3:34 AM

THANK YOU!!! it gets so irritating

• gbeborun April 13, 2011 at 9:25 AM

The whole “please share your hair regimen thing” is annoying, the same hair regimen won’t work for everyone why don’t ppl JUST GET IT

• Miss Face April 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Errrm, dont get me started.So while “we pay attention to the msg”, we are not allowed to ooh and aah at her hair.So u have nt been watching any entertainment channels since the afghan war or more recently, the disaster in Japan?Some people sha! Why dont u post ur serious posts and leave the rest of us alone?Look, some of us come to BN to unwind and look forward to stuff like this.its ok if u are always so serious 24hrs of the day, thats you. got it?Ok Bye.

• JUST ME April 12, 2011 at 9:02 PM

thats just my own two cents oh

• concerned fellow April 12, 2011 at 10:59 PM

i see Mosa is behind production again…after the great work on the “Greenland” album, i bet she can’t get enough of his “dopeness”

• Brittle Paper April 13, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Where did they find all these ajebutter children? Mcheww

• dewowo April 13, 2011 at 11:50 AM

from Mushin lol

• say it as it is April 13, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Ajebutter/not are they not the future of Nigeria too?

• Titilade April 13, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Yes TY ! The song did stare me up and made me say to myself I AM PART OF THIS !! brought tears outta my eyes but its one of reassurance and a bright future for Nigeria and Nigerians ! May GOD be-store on you everlasting Wisdom ! Love u is an understatement ! Inspiring !!!!

• ijaw babe April 13, 2011 at 7:39 PM

good job shes doing . all i here these days is ‘change’ . we could start by being ourselves. we too like to form efizy. went on line today searching for a sch for my 2 yr old. most schs in abuja offer british curriculum only, u pay in dollars and some some fees in naira. confused lot!! we r not english no matter how we try. just ranting!!!!

• Ngozi April 14, 2011 at 11:14 AM

@ Ijaw babe……there are a number of good schls that charge in naira, depends on ur location and budget sha…..i know Gwarimpa has some good schls and within the Maitama/Wuse II axis we have Unique Blossom Schl in FHA Maitama, SafeHands in Wuse II, Redeemers in Wuse II as well…..i think it’s better to do actual lookibg around than go on the Net….Just from one concerned Mummy to another :)

• ijaw babe April 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM

*hear
      and y not pay in pounds then , its a brit sch init!

• NNENNE April 13, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Nice song! We are the future, so we must talk about issues and not frivolities.

• Obi April 14, 2011 at 4:23 AM

wait o “its not as full as it looks” may mean that its soft, curly, but she used some sort of voluminizer spritz/ spray/ mousse/ creme/ oil/ need i go on? on it. weaves are not the only things out there to make your hair fuller.

• Dawn April 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM

In another Interview,she said she has on some extensions. We still love you TY

• Moving on April 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Very inspirational song and love Ty hair extentions or no :)

• Older&Wiser April 15, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Bella, the video below deserves some play…if we really want to make our future better in Nigeria these are the kind of things that we need to say NO to. See the lady in green thumb printing votes!

• alexy April 15, 2011 at 10:19 PM

nice work, keep it up girl. i think she adds hair extensions to her hair

• ugo April 16, 2011 at 2:27 AM

lol @ 3:29… dude was like “damn, gurll!!!!”…lol

• manbuchai April 20, 2011 at 2:01 PM

There is nothing like some powerful politicial upthere,there is no gain in crime.please do not present them powerful they are fools.

• kenora April 27, 2011 at 10:06 AM

d song is grt l am very proud of TY

• Gloria May 31, 2011 at 12:31 PM

TY,
      GREAT SONG, VERY INSPIRING. WE ARE THE FUTURE TRULY AND THE FUTURE IS IN OUR HANDS.THE SONG MADE WANT TO BE MORE PATRIOTIC KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK . REMAIN BLESSED