Globacom's Chief Operating Officer, Mohamed Jameel, Globacom's Executive Director, Human Resources, Adewale Sangowawa, and Glo ambassador and Nollywood actress Monalisa Chinda at the launch in Lagos of New Infinito

Several Nollywood stars recently gathered at Mike Adenuga Towers, headquarters of Globacom, to witness the launch of the network’s novel tariff plan, New Infinito.

Rita Dominic, Ini Edo, Monalisa Chinda, Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha and Uche Jombo, all Glo ambassadors, were on hand to identify with the package which charges subscribers only 25 kobo per second for calls made to any network in Nigeria. The new plan is devoid of any rental payments, hidden charges, and conditions.

It was not an entirely Nollywood gathering as the guests at the event included songstress Ego and Stereoman Ekwe.

Speaking at the event, Rita Dominic said she was thrilled that New Infinito, unlike other tariff plans in the market, charges 25 kobo per second flat rate for all local calls irrespective of which network is being called or time of day or which part of the country the call is originating from.

Ini Edo, on her part, described New Infinito as the best value offer in the country’s telecom industry. She commended Glo for introducing the package which also allows subscribers to call one Special Number at only 2 kobo per second. “It is interesting to note that no daily or monthly rental is charged to enjoy this very cheap rate,” she stated.

Glo Group Chief Operating Officer, Mohamed Jameel, who launched the product explained that subscribers have an option of registering 5 Glo numbers which he can call at 18 kobo per second. Registration is also free and there is no rental charge, he added.

The other stars at the occasion, Monalisa Chinda, Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha, Uche Jombo, Ego and Stereoman Ekwe expressed optimism that the product will resonate well with subscribers and said they were proud to associate with Glo.

Ramsey Noah, Ini Edo, Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha, Globacom's Chief Operating Officer, Mohamed Jameel, Funke Akindele, Globacom's Executive Director, Human Resources, Adewale Sangowawa, and Monalisa Chinda

Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha, Globacom's Chief Operating Officer, Mohamed Jameel, Funke Akindele, Globacom's Executive Director, Human Resources, Adewale Sangowawa, Monalisa Chinda, Globacom’s Head of Value Added Services, Samson Isa, and Stereoman Ekwe, and at the launch in Lagos of New Infinito

Sponsored Content

36 Comments on Globacom ambassadors Rita Dominic, Ini Edo, Monalisa Chinda, Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha and Uche Jombo endorse Glo’s New Infinito
  • Afronubia April 14, 2011 at 12:23 am

gee, i’m the first!

• DIVA April 14, 2011 at 4:42 pm

so????

• someone like me April 15, 2011 at 8:29 am

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO “MATURE”!!!!!! meeeeeeeeeeechew!

• StephanieIj April 14, 2011 at 12:31 am

Monalisa looks good…and quite relaxed.

• Amarachi Asoegwu April 14, 2011 at 12:40 am

Monalisa is a beautiful woman anyday

• iBreatheFreedom April 14, 2011 at 2:01 am

is it just me or does this picture look heavily photoshopped…?

• Derin April 14, 2011 at 7:01 am

it’s just you! It was just taken with a very good camera..

• Iceprincess April 14, 2011 at 9:37 am

..i see wot u mean..i tink the picture was just superimposed on the glo backgrd….

• Obi April 14, 2011 at 4:15 am

she sure is.

• seesexy April 14, 2011 at 7:38 am

Monalisa..1 word for u…smashing! sure ur ex s gnashing his miserable teeth now…u r so endowed!…keep t up nd keep d skin glowing!

• Blaque Pearl April 14, 2011 at 8:07 am

In as much as Nollywood startlets are actively endorsing Glo ,I hope they are not using them as placards & sensational figures in their product ads, I do hope they are actually delivering all what the package carries?Cos telecom countries in Nigeria have never had the common man @ heart… That said really loving the tranquil demeanor of MonaLisa. God bless her.

• Temi April 14, 2011 at 8:13 am

I hated my BB service on Glo. So I moved to MTN. Next month, Im moving right back…

• Naj April 14, 2011 at 10:28 am

And I’m right behind you. MTN is really taking liberties, the past 2days nuffin 4 me. Lemme see what glo is saying jor…

• Karimah April 14, 2011 at 11:27 am

yeah. I hear MTN has been bad. Moved off glo since last year (though I still use it as my other line)… not convinced I should go back to glo

• Chipii April 14, 2011 at 11:26 am

And apparently on Glo, BB subscription is now N2300! Wow! No, I don’t work for Glo :D

• Tiki April 14, 2011 at 8:42 am

This is one of the best pics I’ve seen of Monalisa ever…even with the akward angle she looks beatiful…I’m glad she is realising the ‘less is more’ look works best for her! At this rate, she’ll soon be a living representation of her name…Go girl!

• Doll April 14, 2011 at 9:37 am

monalisa is really pretty

• dewowo April 14, 2011 at 9:55 am

Monalisa & Glo glowing all the way…

• OGE April 14, 2011 at 10:29 am

monolisa is beuatiful. she’s bad looking before now.

• OGE April 14, 2011 at 10:31 am

monalisa is beautiful. she’s nt bad looking before now. keep glowing gal!

• Peperempe April 14, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I’ve never understood what value all these so called ambassadors add to Glo. I mean customers make their decisions on what telecom service to use based on price and quality of service. I’m sure nobody decides to switch to Glo because D’banj and Jenifa convinced them. In England celebrities don’t endorse O2 and Orange, because they’re not lifestyle brands like Chanel and L’Oreal.

As you can see from the earlier comments ( regarding BB service) people are solely concerned with price and quality, which makes me suspect foul play in this whole endorsement palaver: I will not say anything here but…put 2 and 2 together. #that is all.

• missy~spectacularrr April 14, 2011 at 3:45 pm

babe… u never fall my hand! your posts are always on point!

• ebi April 14, 2011 at 7:09 pm

You’ve said it all, Globacom should give me money, if they don’t know what to do with it, these so called gl0 ambassadors are just a waste of money

• faith April 14, 2011 at 4:02 pm

y is every1 commenting on only monalisa’s look…there r oda people there oo…dont they look good?…mheeennn,,,to yellow good oo..

• Peperempe April 14, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I think everyone commented only on Monalisa because this post initially had just the first picture with Monalisa. It’s not a yellow thing…

• Tiki April 15, 2011 at 11:44 am

Yeah, I was wondering about that, coz I love Chioma (the green outfit looks so crisp and fresh) and her hair in this pictures is fab. *ringing stylist* Anyway, love Ini’s new look too,hope she keeps it up…except for that hair!mschew

• meeee April 14, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Bella, the reason Funke Akindele’s name was not in the title of the post is? Rita Dominic isn’t even in the pics yet her name came out. Preferential treatment huh? Not cool

• Fairy Godsister April 14, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Monalisa looks so grown up! So mature, and classy, thank you Jesus!
    I agree with not understanding the rationale for ‘glo ambassadors’, I don’t think any demographic would decide to subscribe to the network because any of their ambassadors said so, and it’s not because they are not opinion leaders/celebs.
    I love the new tariff, and even though my friends don’t really like Glo, I must commend them for forcing down tariffs and giving MTN (especially) a run for their money.

• Mariella April 14, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Ini Edo-toh bad!

• Blossom April 14, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Happy for Ini Edo o. She looks happy :)

• musa April 15, 2011 at 3:00 am

i`m glad dat my favourate idol of nollywood ini is being featured on the glo launching of new tarriff system.

• Oma April 15, 2011 at 12:54 pm

all networks have there issues. just dont jump from fry pan to fire. long time Temi.

• Ay April 15, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I was going to ask why Funke Akindele wasn’t mentioned as well…..throughout the article or in the title, isn’t she a star??

• TawaB April 16, 2011 at 12:11 am

na wa o! newayz, love love love Ramsey Noah, Chioma Chukwuka (love the green dress, hun!) and ofcourse, Funke Akindele! Can’t stand Ini Edo…gosh!

• NNENNE April 17, 2011 at 4:55 am

@ebi… Just take it that the company is encouraging the youth and givng back to the society,somewhat. Simply put, they are spreading the wealth. This portrays, a good image of the company, creats societal love for them , reduces jealousy plus it is a form of advertisement. In the long run, it helps the company.Ask Oprah Winfrey…

• kenyans…in nairobi led by shanice November 10, 2011 at 12:07 am

hehehe i wish we kenyans had ambassadors too on our safaricom..airtel or other networks…we dont believe in wasting money..ithink nijjas like mixing business with pleasure