“Sir, I’m 15″ – Nigerian Illegal Immigrant Border Force UK Video Goes Viral

Posted on Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 at 9:36 AM

By BellaNaija.com

UK Border Force is a documentary series TV show that goes behind the scenes of border controls. An episode of the show which features a Nigerian illegal immigrant has hit the internet and gone viral.

The video clips features a Nigerian man named Benson who arrives in the UK with a passport with a “permanent leave to remain” stamp stolen from another person’s passport.
When the man is caught, he tries to beg the border control officers and then he spins a tale about how he got the passport from someone called “Uncle London” and then goes on to insist that he is “15 years old”. The Border Force officer asks him for the year he started school, he mentions a date and then changes his mind. He then insists that he is in JSS3 while from his looks, one can reasonably estimate that Benson is in his 30s.

In the end, the narrator tells us that he was moved to a halfway house and is now nowhere to be found!
While the clip is rather funny, it just shows the lengths people go through to leave Nigeria. Sad.

Note: Video was taped in 2009

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 31 Comments on ““Sir, I’m 15″ – Nigerian Illegal Immigrant Border Force UK Video Goes Viral”

Comments
    • someone October 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM

If he is 15 then i am 12

• someone October 4, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Abroad wahala.

• Egor Efiok October 4, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I watched this particular episode about 6 months ago and practically cried with laughter! It still has me ROTFLMAO!!! My word! SMH…

• Me October 6, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Well, he can’t run too far by hiding here, except he would never wish to work here or ever return to Nigeria. Our People have this illusion that the UK is paradise, i’m sure he will soon discover that it is not so.

• azukas kelly October 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM

this video is old. watched it abt four years on sky1. after claiming 15 and surprisingly, the authorities believed him,i so wonder why he absconded as that would have been an easy route to get his papers!

• Onyx October 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM

It’s a lack of knowledge “sumtin”. I also watched it on Sky a couple of years ago and almost died wt laughter but afterwards, felt sad about how desperate we look and especially how the UKBA probably views ALL Nigerians.

Anyways, if ole boy had realised that minors claiming refugee status had an easy route to getting british passports, he’d have remained at the halfway house enjoying the govt allowance and free accommodation… Ah well.

• Lita November 18, 2011 at 6:35 PM

They didn’t believe him, but they’re required to go through procedure if someone claims they are a minor. It can easily be disproved with a medical exam.

• faith October 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Shame on Government…jusyt d oda day I was avin a conversion with ♍γ̲̣̣̥ boss in d office abt corruption in Naija n she said if she eventually gets a top government position dat she will steal money too…its dat bad….

• Hali October 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Shame on Government? Well, shame on Nigerians. A government is the totality of the people being governed. Many Nigerians are corrupt (it’s not only when one is stealing millions, that one is corrupt. It’s cutting in at the petrol station, giving and accepting ‘gifts’, short-changing employers etc) so I don’t know how or why people expect them to change suddenly once they get into government.

I am of the opinion that until individuals in Nigeria change their ways, we’ll always have corrupt people at the helm.

• Truth October 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Abeg tell them o! Foolish mentality. Everything the government as if the government is made up of aliens. nonsense!

• eloho October 5, 2011 at 7:58 PM

oh! i feel like giving you a hug! you are so so on point! Tell them!

• Natoday? October 4, 2011 at 10:14 AM

all in the bid to stay in the UK? his dad & mum are still alive i know. 15 ko 16 ni mscheww

• vincent olusola -DBN TV October 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM

That’s the kind of example leadership is laying for the future….Makes one wonder beyond yonders……..!

• Ifeoma Umoh October 4, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I wonder if he has has found “greener pastures” now

• tinu October 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM

i am 6years old and bellanaija’s number one fan. lol

• cathy October 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM

wahala dey o lmao

• yep! October 4, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Pity pity!!

• chichi October 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM

This is an old story now…saw it on uk border force early this year..they actually let him walk!!

• miss peo October 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM

i can imagine the fear in his heart that moment rotfl

• All Abroad! October 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    • Agape October 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Mehn! I laughed so I hard, I almost peed on myself… “Look at my toothbrush” …looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• tunde October 4, 2011 at 11:57 PM

naija boy no dey carry last. enuff peeps have gone to jand on the same parole. the kneeling down part cracked me up sha.

• Sugabelly October 5, 2011 at 2:35 AM

But you guys know there’s a small chance he might actually be fifteen. Maybe he’s one of those manly looking children. I’ve seen quite a few of them.

Either way, there’s a very easy way to find out if he is actually fifteen or not: X-Ray his leg and have a doctor look at it.

If his epiphysis has fused then he’s probably an adult.

If his epiphysis hasn’t fused yet, there’s a really high chance that he’s actually fifteen as he claims.

• Sir Fariku October 5, 2011 at 8:07 AM

I dont know why, I didnt laugh. I was annoyed by the video sef.

• Nino October 5, 2011 at 9:32 AM

oh ive seen this border control clip before….i almost died of laughing….
      you should see the one where pictures where super imposed on each other to show they had family in d UK….
      OLUWOLE BOYS ARE TOO BADT

• NNENNE October 5, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Until every Nigerian, both the leaders and the led realize that the grass is not greener anywhere, Nigeria will still remain the way it is. The main issue is that we all think it is better somewhere. There is no paradise on Earth!!!!

• @legallysultry October 6, 2011 at 7:35 AM

I literally rolled on d floor, dt shit was funny,look @ d grandpa claiming 15! He even has bear bear(beards)! I almost peed on my self wen he said” I’m 15 take it from me” wen they asked him how they were supposed to bliv him

• AJCiti October 7, 2011 at 5:54 AM

This just made me sad, I couldn’t even watch the full thing..what a shame.

• alext October 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM

it is pathetic how nigerians can laugh after watching this. This is horrible! see wot d horrible govt have caused.. mschew!

• Folake November 8, 2011 at 6:42 AM

I felt sorry for this 15 year old! but, was disgusted when he knelt on the floor like a SLAVE in frontof these white people!

• karen December 16, 2013 at 9:30 AM

your–s–t, there is a lot of foreigner that are British
        citizen they just don’t have white skin , and why should benson be
        allow to come here, he no paper, no finances, and more out side of
        EU are trying to coming to the UK every day , week , month and
        every year , now the gove is rights let the EU to stay here, lovely
        Soon Every one country is going to be here and there won’t enough
        room for your kid or mine.