What has top Nigerian media personality, Toke Makinwa been up to lately? BN has got the scoop.

She’s now a Blogger
For starters, she is one Nigeria’s most liked on-air sensations and presently a co-host for Flytime TV’s new talk show, 3LiveChicks. Recently, some of Nigeria’s most loved entertainers including Stephanie Linus and Toolz, have officially joined the blogging world. Now, you can add Toke to list.

On Sunday 23rd September 2012, the 27 year old media personality launched her blog, www.TokeMakinwa.blogspot.com. Speaking on the blog, she says “I am bursting with excitement at the thought of Blogging, ‘Yayyy for me’! As some of you know, I promised to open a blog, yes I know it has been a long time coming but I am finally here. Shout out to all the people who encouraged this movement, I cannot express the joy i feel inside…..Some people think my life is interesting and i do too, oh yeah its my life. So I hereby welcome you to my world. This blog is a platform to share my life with you, express my thoughts, introduce you to my work and of course to get to know you all a little better. I look forward to a lot of  golden moments and memories that I cannot wait to create, so follow the page and stay up to date.”

Designer’s Muse
Two weeks ago, Toke, who is always one to watch out for at social gatherings and red carpet events, most recently the 2012 Headies – where she showed up in a floor length gold gown with black lace by Nigerian designer, Toju Foyeh, posed in a new photoshoot for a fashion label, House of Marie.

Shot by celebrity photographer, Moussa Moussa and styled by Luccylurvv, Toke dons three different outfits including a print top with cigarette pants and blue peep-toes, a black lace knee length gown and a white frock and channels different personas.

Read what Toke’s says about her shoot on her blog;

2 weeks ago I posed for a fashion label called House of Marie in an amazing photo-shoot that was styled by the very professional Lucylurrv. Lucy has been my stylist for quite a while now and I must admit I really love working with her. We get up to no good but in the end we are both stunned at how much work comes to live beneath all the jokes, eating and all that champagne. OMD

In my profession, you cannot have enough pictures in your portfolio. We got together Lucy and I, and she chose to show the different sides of Toke Makinwa with the different outfits.

The pictures were taken by Celebrity Photographer Moussa Moussa who is such a joy to work with. Overall, It was an experience not to be forgotten soon. His expertise is second to none and his jokes are out of this world. I felt very comfortable and I also got to learn that close up pictures work better for me.

Check out the New Photos

So BellaNaijarians, what do you think of the shoot?

99 Comments on BN Bytes: What’s She Been Up to Lately? Nigerian Media Personality, Toke Makinwa launches Personal Blog & Dazzles in New “House of Marie” Photoshoot
  • Tolu george October 23, 2012 at 11:34 am

Not bad but why am i not wowed ?

• Diva October 23, 2012 at 11:58 am

You just read my mind. Ok but there’s no wow factor.I guess thats partyly because certain clothes are not well fitted. They are not her size and its very obvious.

• How October 23, 2012 at 2:10 pm

She needs to lay off long dresses. They swallow her up..not flattering at all. Flay knee length dresses will do her a world of good.

• Mz Socially Awkward… October 23, 2012 at 2:21 pm

@ Diva, thank you very much, that’s exactly what I thought – the clothes didn’t fit right. I’m kinda mad at Lucylurv for not picking that up, isn’t that what a stylist is meant to notice right off the bat? I really don’t care either way about Toke M but why did her stylist do that to her?

Those black cigarrete pants needed a double fold. I’ve got jeans that do that to me as well (bunch up at the bottom) and I’m telling you, cuffing them makes a world of difference to your look by making them look sleeker and tidier. And that white dress. I have no words. It’s obviously a size too big and is engulfing the wee lass. Lucylurv is not giving me her best work, at all. The black lace dress looks nice and Toke’s face was pretty but this could have been better.

• praise October 23, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Toke is beautiful but we all know Lucy Lurrve isnt the most seasoned stylist.

• dordor October 23, 2012 at 11:40 am

@ tolu George…same feeling..Smh

• cathy October 23, 2012 at 11:45 am

okay oh

• edie October 23, 2012 at 11:46 am

yawn..:) very nice?

• Rhal-trina October 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

Nice pix. Why do i feel she look older than 27?

• Barbie October 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm

While I do not doubt the authenticity of her age she definitely looks older than 27 #just saying

• brandigest October 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

Not bad. but the truth is that how often will she be updating the blog considering her busy life.

• Rhal-trina October 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

*looks

• Anoni October 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

Toke and Kim K are the same. No matter how many photoshoots they do, the always, always look the same. Not very exciting.

• toyin October 23, 2012 at 11:58 am

she looks nice esp the late outfit

can i ask why we never hear about the other 2 girls she works with? Is is because Toke is the lightest in complexion?
    Or the others dnt have long brazillian weaves?
    well i guess ppl like to see”pretty” things thats the media world
    oh well

• xty October 23, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Toke you are too petite to be drowned in that white dress!! Your pants didn’t fit either,the baby doll black dress is awesome on u but get rid of the bow! You should honestly consider anoda stylist o,coz after that aso ebi you wore for headies,..*seals mouth* you are hot and young pls do something abt ur outfits at events…dats all

• ToBechiStyle October 23, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Toke is a pretty lady with good facial structure. To the photographer, as much as you possibly can, shoot in the best light, which is natural light. The tweak can come later and turn out better when you have a good foundation to start with. The outfits and color do nothing to enhance Tok’e’s figure. As a suggestion, a wide angle lens might be helpful to also capture the background- that tells a story too. Think of photos as story-telling. I thought the first photo looked great.

• Vanessa October 23, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Some of the dresses look overdesigned. Simple is beautiful.

• rew October 23, 2012 at 12:08 pm

These photographers can like to chill with the photoshop….geez!

• niks October 23, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Still trying to undestand all dat she wore……

• chy naiija October 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Toke Nay

• Hadassah October 23, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Very boring choice of outfits… @anoni, at least Kim K would have dressed far better!

• sisioge October 23, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Hmmm….. Blah?

• miiiii October 23, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Apparently, someone must have shoved it down bellanaija to do this post.
    I really don’t understand what makes Toke stand out, no pun intended!

• MoiGAL October 23, 2012 at 12:35 pm

tooo much make up! way too much!

• Amber October 23, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Ok o,I don’t know this girl and never heard her speak,but I hope people are not writing things based on what others have written.

• didikan October 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm

HIAN

• abisola ipade October 23, 2012 at 12:45 pm

The make up is too much,makes are looks much older than a 27yr babe/lady. Not a fan of any of the outfit anyway.

• TrueTalkCritique October 23, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Love the make up but should have definitely chilled with the photoshop! Not feeling the shirt and pant outfit at all and the white lace grown is obviously too big….stylist gone wrong i say!

• Trendysturvs October 23, 2012 at 12:51 pm
  • Teefah October 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I just feel that’s way too much hair for such a petite girl.
    i like this dress: http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/032.jpg

• Asa nwa October 23, 2012 at 1:01 pm

a big NAY

• miss favour October 23, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Gud

• Timi October 23, 2012 at 1:33 pm

question…”most loved on air personality”…says who……not a fan. listened to her a couple of times and not exactly co-ordinated in presentation.Back to this article…not a single wow factor……

• nems October 23, 2012 at 1:44 pm

It is just OK, she is a very pretty girl. The dresses are a bit too busy….I agree she should have gone more simple and fun. Creative Director NAY!

• Ayo October 23, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Guys this is a pretty photoshot. First, the make-up is NOT too much, it suits her very well. Also it is a photoshoot as such phtoshop is definitely bound to occur.

Guyz appreciate it, she does look good in this shoot.

• praise October 23, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Of course, as a beautiful girl, she looks good but words cannot express what those outfits and excess weaves have done to her. Her petite self has definitely drowned in them! Not cool. Lucy Lurve is a terrible stylist. Couldn’t she see that the best look was that black number WITHOUT the jubilee bow on it???
      I don’t expect Toke to know much about fashion but Lucy should.

• Nnenna October 23, 2012 at 1:46 pm

She is lovely to look at. I like her!

• kem October 23, 2012 at 1:58 pm

most liked??? surprise face!!!!! really not her fan mayb cuz i have not heard her speak on radio but then that MBGN Host was a turn off sha, she cracks jokes and laugh alone, welll lets see more of you sha,

• kemo October 23, 2012 at 2:14 pm

First set of pics are horrible! dull colours !!!ill fitting!
    Not impressed…

• Barbara October 23, 2012 at 2:40 pm

LOL, well, I am not feeling the clothes, the makeup or even ths shoot. Like i said in one of my previous blog posts, it is rare to see Nigerian celebrities do publicity shoots that don’t look like they just had time, money to pay for the services and clothes that were borrowed from designers. There is no life in these pictures. They do not tell a story. We don’t see any kind of emotion apart from Toke trying to look sexy or anything of the sort which is pretty tiring.
    Barbara
    http://barbsiesmusings.blogspot.com (Nigeria’s no 1 makeup blog)

• cant hate on slim gals October 23, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Never knew,Radio presenting can be this lucrative…..or is there side of it? She look beautiful and I luv that she got confidence….no amount of criticism can bring her down…luv such demeanour

• bebe October 23, 2012 at 2:51 pm

MOST LIKED???? haha are you kidding me? hmmm.

• MBeezy October 23, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I have no clue what you are all on about – she looks HOT!

• janeth October 23, 2012 at 3:10 pm

TOO MUCH PHOTOSHOP

• Mims October 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Y does toke never get good reviews, I feel like this photoshoot was to clean up the mess created after her house of maliq shoot, but still bad reviews! Could be that babe your just not ba nice person? But even nasty celebs are admired! So what’s the prob with this o
    Toke? Still pondering

• Roomandpalor October 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm

It’s sad that people here can’t let go of their Toke hateration to give an honest and objective assessment of these photos. Whether the white dress swallows her up or not, it doesn’t take away from the fact that all in all she looked rather lovely in all the photos and that Moussa Moussa did an awfully clean and pretty job of it. Other celebrities would not even have to look half as good as this for people to begin fawn at their mediocrity. you guys are being petty and rather mean in a way that is just not necessary. Remove Toke and put Omotola in these picture with these same outfits and you’ll see how people will flock to her altar to worship her like she’s handing away miracles. Mchewww.

• Barbie October 23, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Well if u must know a stylist putting her client in a dress that drowns her is a no-no also the pants and shirts are ill-fitting, I don’t understand why you want people to overlook that just cause she’s “pretty” also comparing her with omotola is ridiculous, omotola is talented and pleasant and.these are 2 things that elude miss makinwa plus these pics make her look 10years older.

• Cool cat October 23, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Emm sorry Toke but Omotola is Omotola ….No be her fault say people love am! * now singing dbanj* I loooooove Omotola…… Cos people like am! Lol… The photoshoot is alright sha but she’ should work on her likability. When people love you , everything u do is beautiful , but when they don’t?….she needs to chill n the desperation to be everywhere…

• Annie October 24, 2012 at 5:26 am

hqhhahahahaha FACT is OMOTOLA has garnered LOVE! pple have for her today, toke is just a STARTER! Omotola has a strong followership in such a way that she does no wrong in our eyes o.The fact that u even compared toke to omotola mehn am pissed jor.Omotola to toke do u knw how many years it took omotola to be loved,toke cnt just fly like dat mehn omotola nd co worked hard for d love nd u want toke to fly kai.

• Mims October 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm

“a nice person” typo

• Phantom October 23, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Is she really liked in Nigeria? Well I wouldn’t put her in these clothes if I wanted them sold. Not a fan of too much make-up either

• onlooker October 23, 2012 at 4:01 pm

People!!!!Dont hate, appreciate. She looks very pretty. Thats all. Deuces to her past. Let us learn to live and appreciate the present.

• ty October 23, 2012 at 4:02 pm

All OAPs want to appear in front of the cameras… not feeling her jor… (voice and all)… kmt

• i no send October 23, 2012 at 4:12 pm

too much hair for her petite frame plus the heavy makeup really makes her look way older than she really is(like 10 yrs)……..otherwise congrats on your blog it aint easy

• huh? October 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm

To be a celebrity is not an easy fist….Toke,Susan peter,are they most criticise celebrities I have seen thus far,but why? In as much as I agree with what most people say about the cigarette pant(my first time of hearing such name anyway),a fitted tight pant always look good and better on slim girls,if you are tall.a long top is better,but been petite like Toke,a short tops can be great…an over size pant in length is a big no,no for what ever physique….That been said,over all she look great,lovely and sweet,this is the kind of pix,you will keep coming back to look…the makeup is not much at all……

• Duran Susan October 23, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Emmm …..miss roomandpalor……Omotola is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy finer than miss toke! Plus more graceful? And don’t forget, I love Omotola cos people love am! Everyone loves Omotola! Lol…..toke is fine too sha though small.

• Tosin October 23, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Second to the last photo is a fave. I quite like the outfits they’re all pretty. She’s pretty and the entire shoot is nice, however the post-processing is a bit heavy-handed on an already heavily made up face.

• Konnie October 23, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Like the idea of the black dress. Nice pictures. Hope you look as nice in person.

• Amazeballs! October 23, 2012 at 4:41 pm

The photography is good and makeup is just right, the clothes however are ill fitting. And Toke, you’re petite, minimise the long busy dresses, they drown you.

• Slim October 23, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Toke nids to work on fans issue mehn….in this industry u need more lovers than haters not everyone can lik u,yes but there should b a balance……

• Klaire October 23, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Simply beautiful!!!

• xty October 23, 2012 at 4:54 pm

My advice toke, change stylisst,use bolajEe or ezinne chinkata or veronica ebie. You will be happy!! Veri happy

• Anon October 25, 2012 at 2:47 am

Okay so my previous comment wasn’t published. Mmm. The names you mentioned here are better suited for the curvaceous women. I think Toke needs a stylist to fit her straight body.

• Aibee October 23, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Yeah, she looks pretty and hot and fine etc. But that’s if you like air brushing, excess make up, tons of weave.
    There is no wow factor in any of the pictures. If I were a guy, which of these pictures would I frame and hang in my room? None. Its a big NO for me.
    I never heard Toke speak until she co-hosted MBGN 2012 and lets just say I didnt have a good impression about her. Fawning over Mr Obayuwana for a Cartier Wristwatch? Nay. Is she Nigeria’s most liked OAP? I don’t think so.

• Anon October 24, 2012 at 4:39 am

I wonder whats she has to blog about. She’s so…… Anyway, it is better than hearing her speak in that ‘Egyptian’ accent.

• faith October 23, 2012 at 5:45 pm

pinchor girl…

• BABA T aka The ORIGINATOR!!! October 23, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Something about this chica rubs me the wrong way… Not sure what it is. I’ll find out more when I meet her in December…

• just saying October 23, 2012 at 6:46 pm

i thought she said all bloggers were gossips? keep it real

• Zane October 23, 2012 at 7:31 pm

She comes across desperate and trying too hard in some of the shots.
    Like xty says might be an idea to switch stylists. She should probably contact Ezinne Chinkata for a more effortless look and defined individual style.

• oneblackboi October 23, 2012 at 8:25 pm

makeup toh bad!!!!! gosh they sure made her look pretty

• Shalewa October 23, 2012 at 8:33 pm

This girl can dey like to dey over do! Mama dash me clothes! And to think she thot them nice enoff to put up? #poko baby!

• moll October 23, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I actually love the black dress. I don’t think its too busy at all, though some of my more simple sisters may find it a tad difficult to wear. About her pictures lacking life, I think that’s a general problem with Nigerian girls’ pictures these days. We tend to put soo much effort into looking sexy and pouty that we forget to inject any personality into our pictures.
    Let’s not blame her for doing something most of us are guilty of.

• Glory! October 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm

But are we all looking at the same pictures? I think this is the best she’s ever looked! Love her hair, makeup and outfits except the last one-poor fit! I’m not too crazy bout her-fake accent and all but I’m well impressed by these shots! Kudos

• Mary October 23, 2012 at 10:29 pm

.. Too much every where…. Nothing Natural! African beauty is all about looking natural such as Genevieve

• kelvin October 23, 2012 at 10:40 pm

That lady is prety.. Bloging is turning out 2 be gud biz now o

• moi October 23, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Only in Nigeria are OAP big celebrities loool, with all these negtive comments I’m guessing babe doesnt have a good personality…that just says no matter what u wear or have…personality really does matter…

• Cynthia October 23, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Hair big no, toke try cutting you hair short, ur facial structure would be more enhanced.

• Nma October 23, 2012 at 11:57 pm

The white dress looked way big on her (Bella staff; why would y’all even use that pic as a cover pic?). The black dress is much more fitting(very cute dress).

• alexgute October 24, 2012 at 6:58 am

Gud for ha

• Smiley October 24, 2012 at 8:13 am

77 comments and counting….y’all are just making the babe’s head bigger than it already is…..no pun intended….

• bebe October 24, 2012 at 9:53 am

absolutely love the Black lace knee length dress the most. Blair wore that on GG recently but hers came in red. well something somewhat similar i should say. As for the rest? not a bit flattered men. Toke is beautiful but has a frowny face. Pls smile more Toke. She is petite so all those long gowns are not so va va voom or flattering but i love her confidence n love her for trying. lol

• OLA October 24, 2012 at 10:12 am

she pretty nad hot joor.

• Sylvia Igwe October 24, 2012 at 11:06 am

Toke, all u really need in all this pictures is a genuine smile. Find it and work till u get it right. Cheers.

• aleesha October 24, 2012 at 11:47 am

I think she’s a pretty girl and looks good in the clothes! no unnecessary show of skin. and BN readers, easy with the criticism! everyone is a stylist these days. o ga oh!

• Scarlet Xianne October 24, 2012 at 11:53 am

She looks pretty.

• Opsi October 24, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Too much makeup. She looks like a doll.

• Purpleicious Babe October 24, 2012 at 4:20 pm

checked out her blog and topics…….

• Purpleicious Babe October 24, 2012 at 4:21 pm

btw she had a choice she didnt have to wear those clothes…. it didnt flatter her at all. anyway whats my own….

• Tee October 24, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Wat has this chic done to Nigerins? Ahah! cn someone honestly answer me cuz every time I see a post about her, it gets only bad reviews.

• Lani October 24, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Good question o. I think she made the mistake of saying Linda Ikeji is not a role model (which is true in my opinion). Linda has a very strong followership in Nigeria. So anyway commenting on any blog in Nigeria is most likely a Linda fan or also reads Linda’s blog. Toke is just unfortunate sha. With time, everything will die down. Its all good for her though cos the opposite of love is not hate, its indifference. She will always remain relevant if people continue to hate her. I am actually beginning to like her.

• Anon October 25, 2012 at 2:46 am

If Linda had ignored it, it would have ended there. It obviously pained her. She then came up with a sob fake story to garner sympathy and provide an avenue for people to attack Toke. Like TuFace says “nobody holy pass.” She looks okay here. Her bleaching is flawless and the black dress is nice. The others don’t fit well.

• Bee October 25, 2012 at 12:39 am

Ok…I love the first picture! Gorgeous. I really think people should quit with the excessive criticism, I mean who are you kidding? Would you say your ‘criticism’ is constructive to the improvement of her brand or quite simply beneficial to your low self esteem/ego? Really? If you truly thought about the answer can you truly say you’re intentions are clean? Just embrace, instead of trashing all the time! It takes absolutely nothing from you to compliment without adding “but”, it also takes nothing from you to just click on the next page without commenting. No this is not Toke, just a bella fan who is fed up of reading comments from people who are always so damn uneccessarily negative and insensitive. Its sad.

• Tosin October 25, 2012 at 2:49 am

darker is better, this shoot makes her look better than in her other photos I’ve seen on BN where she looks “yellow”…
    and Moussa still rules :)

• pls publish October 25, 2012 at 8:25 am

@Anon or whatever you call yourself,I know why your previous comment were not published.How dare you call someone God created in his image as having a straight body? Yeye the smell…I have carefully come to observe that,all those fat,irritating Orobo take delight in hurling insult on any slim fit girls,but do you know what,better hit the gym ASAP and do something about it,because there is no delight in having a sagging thigh,arms,tummy with layers and layers of fold,with with strectch marks and very incovenient to be with…..they are all over the place,pls is not too late,you will be so ashamed when they should pull,you will be amazed at the wonder to which bra,spanx and cloth do their body…..No I’m not Toke fan,but enough of the insult,and I know many wish they are like her…

• switlips October 25, 2012 at 3:39 pm

@ Bee, if you know her, you’ll understand why everybody thinks she could have done better. for God’s sake this is THE TOKE…

• Diary Of A Geek October 26, 2012 at 11:13 am

I do have a problem with some of Toke Makinwa’s “half-informed” opinions on radio.

• Anonymousone October 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm

am sure all d peeps making this nasty comments are ugly even with make-up!