Posted on Thursday, November 8th, 2012 at 4:57 PM

By Damilare Aiki

On Wednesday 1st August 2012, the Association of Professional Party Organizers & Event Managers of Nigeria (APPOEMN) was officially launched to the public and private sector, industry professionals, corporate communication executives of companies and organizations as well as representatives of government parastatals at the City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, Onikan, Lagos.

APPOEMN is a new association with a mix of seasoned Wedding and Events Professionals that have been at the forefront of Event Planning and Coordination in Nigeria, for the past 10 years.

Later in the day, a dinner party was held and it saw in attendance Nigerian songstress, Omawumi, comic acts – Tee A and Koffi and a host of others.

Check out all the photos from the event.

Launch of APPOEMN

Dinner

Contact: For more information and general inquiries, log on to their official blog – www.appoemn.blogspot.com | e-mail info@appoemn.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 23 Comments on “The Association of Professional Party Organizers and Event Managers of Nigeria (APPOEMN) Launches in Lagos! Photos of Omawumi, Koffi & More”

Comments
    • omoyeni November 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Why didn’t dey inform oda major/minor event planner?na wa ooo naija

• ejogene November 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Nice event! the pictures are much and beautiful !!

• smexymiable November 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

The food looks yummy! I want some!

• Sade November 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Is this sapphire association, good job funk obruthe

• @ajiriavae November 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

It’s good to see the events professionals coming together to make their industry better. Nice.

• Hadiza bello November 8, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Funke club, I’m not joining

• Funke BUCKNOR obruthe November 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Hello hadiza,it’s not funke’s club. Point of correction please. If you send your email address the interim president mrs lara Akande of just weddings will send you details about the association. Thank you

• didikan November 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I SEE YOU MR AMODU OF TSOULE

• APPOEMN November 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM

For general information, registration, payments etc. Please contact Ms Ufoma Awodeha on 08136884717 or 08167093629. Alternatively you can contact Mrs Kemi Dairo on 07042036602

• Meme November 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM

@Appoemn payment for what please?? Just a way for people to make money. We keep setting up Associactions we can’t manage. Lets see how long this one will last!!

• lori November 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Afi association of party goers naa….

• anon November 9, 2012 at 3:49 AM

See my people, Aunt Ab looking good

• Couture By Makioba November 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Are you kidding me? Everything has an association…..hope they made it public and invited everyone in the event management business and not only d big fishes….

• Seun November 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Madam Funke,
      Your answer could have been a tad more gentle. To me, your answer came across as being nicely harsh! No need for the “point of correction please” phrase, the lady was just expressing her own opinion, howbeit wrong/right. You are a service-person and you need to guard against being misunderstood esp on a public blog like this coz it might affect how prospective customers perceive your persona and even your business. My two cents. Nevertheless, point taken!
      By the way, I saw a few new & upcoming/”minor” event planners there so I dont believe it was an elitist affair.
      I think its a good forum. I didnt even know they had formed an association. Thumbs up!

BN, please post my comment. Smiley face…love ya

• efficacy November 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I agree with Hadiza. It’s definitely a Funke club (a.k.a. sucking up to Mrs Zacchaeus league). Sad but it’s the truth. Funke you should take it as a compliment though. Kinda like a ‘Funke wannabe’ affair.

• fado_juskiddin November 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM

As much as I would like to not leave a comment I find it very irresistible. Funke Bucknor, Lara Akinosho & Gbemi Esho endear me more than most to be a part if this however, if your patrons remain as they are I personally will hold a placard saying ‘DON’T JOIN’…..Why do you think a lot of people who should give this more credibility wont even dine with a 10ft pole. I’d mention names but that would make me petty too. I see 2 bodies/associations already.

• Feyisayo M November 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Why y u guys not posting my comments??? This is journalism (free speech). The Association is full of Funke wannabe’s and Eventful ‘suck ups’. So I kinda agree with Hadiza that it is a Funke club and I think Funke should take that as a compliment. As for the Association, I’d like to see individuals who are ‘learned’ in top positions of the association, amd not individuals who already monopolising the market. It’s oppression when those who are the ones’ making all the money in the business; are the ones’ heading such an organization, and even charging a fee for those they are oppressing to join!!! I mean! Who does that? And i don’t think Bellanaija should take sides and not post relevant comments.

• Mrs November 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I’ve my own version of top professional planners oh! And they’re not here! Ok, won’t mention names…

• Roli M November 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Am not being petty but why is Mrs Obioha, Mrs Nwandison, Mrs Oladunmoye and few learned fantastic not a part of the body? Hope it’s not a tribalistic thing?

• Tolu November 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Am not a Funke fan but I’ve to say the association is not a govt body and it’s not compulsory other learned event pros must join. No big deal if another association crops up, it’s all good!

• Funke BUCKNOR obruthe November 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Hello roli,
      The above mentioned persons are appoemn members and some in progress.
      Thanks

• Abundu July 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Very true

• MCOjoMartins April 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Dear All,
      I appreciate people expressing their feelings about anything particularly when its not done right. Unfortunately the world has never been fair to all that’s why there is freedom of association. Though not a member of the Association but thumbs to those behind its establishment. Its long awaited and It has come to stay. Today in the UK and America there are several events associations recognized by the government and no one is feeling neglected. I will advise those who are aggrieved about the body to come up with a similar association that will contain their fears, professional competition is good for the growth of the entertainment industry. On a long run its not about the people who are in the association but the offerings derivable from been a member. I wish all Event Managers a splendid year. laff4life