Undoubtedly Inspiring! Watch Ken Otamendi – A Traditional Era

Posted on Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 at 12:36 PM

By Onos O

“This is Ken Otamendi who lived in the village called Hambale near Monza in Zambia. I was shooting a commercial for the charity Water Aid, Ken was one of the many villagers helping to dig a pit toilet. The pit toilets were to help fight against the growing number of people dying of diarrhoea, as a result of water becoming contaminated.

Ken had brought his home-made guitar along and was singing while we worked. When everyone had finished building, the sun was setting and I asked Ken if he would play once more. He did and some of the villagers joined in. What happened next is what you see. It’s one the most humbling experience I have had, how much life and joy there can be, with comparatively, so little. The music and it’s energy, communicate this better than my words can.”Dave Tree

Check on it!

Source: WatchListenTell

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 7 Comments on “Undoubtedly Inspiring! Watch Ken Otamendi – A Traditional Era”

Comments
    • Princess December 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM

U cant put a price on happiness…!

• Teni December 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Service to humanity is priceless. Stand up for public health.

• Joshua December 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Inspiring! Ken is on the path to greatness and this piece makes me so thankful for everything. I promise to do much more to impact my world for a positive change. Nothing really is too small.

• kay December 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Beautiful!!! The resilience and beauty of the African spirit!!!

• Miss K December 27, 2012 at 4:31 AM

How cool!

• salsera December 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM

i think its a little myopic for the writer (dave tree) to think that simply because people who require a pit toilets to avoid diarrohea epidemic suddenly do not know how to have fun. Not every image from africa is of flies on babies heads and gaunt faces. Why is this scene such a surprise for him?

• Julius December 30, 2012 at 3:26 PM