Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija001For modern brides of today, Boudoir Photography is becoming ever so popular. Actually, creating intimate, sensually suggestive photos for your guy is quite fashionable…if done right.

The key is to imply sexuality, without being explicit…there’s a fine line between the two and only a photographer who is highly trained and skilled in fine art photography can truly capture the essence of a boudoir photo session. In the upcoming Spring 2013 issue of Munaluchi Bride Magazine, the MB team decided to produce a styled boudoir session as inspiration for brides-to-be.

What do you think? Would you do a boudoir session for you guy?

*Photos are mildly suggestive & might not be safe for work*
Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija003Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija002Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija013Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija004Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija005Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija006Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija007Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija008Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija009Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija010Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija011Munaluchi Bride Magazine Spring 2013 Issue Boudoir Shoot - January 2013 - BellaNaija012

The new issue of Munaluchi Bride Magazine will be available next month, but in the meantime, you can sign up for the Munaluchi list by clicking HERE to get notified once it’s available for purchase.

Vendors
Lingerie: Claire Pettibone
Photography: Elizabeth Messina

27 Comments on Would You Do the “Boudoir”? Munaluchi Bride Magazine’s Spring 2013 Issue shows How to Do It Right
  • opuingo January 23, 2013 at 8:18 am

Hmmmm!

• Alero January 23, 2013 at 8:20 am

not bad! ;)

• jay January 23, 2013 at 8:49 am

Oh I would so love to! Question is will the Boudoir do me..? Hmm…

• Berry Dakara January 23, 2013 at 10:36 am

Pretty. I’ve always wanted to do somn similar.

Someone should please send this link to Cossy Orjiakor – is that her name?

berrydakara.blogspot.com

• Cindylee January 23, 2013 at 11:16 am

Abegi, which one come be this concept again? Na by like this marriage go sweet or go take last? People have been getting married since time immemorial and they didn’t do all these. I am tired of this over promotion of female sexuality. No wonder when men look at women all they see is the sex, can’t we go beyond this sex/sexuality of a thing. Later we will be condemning them when they do that. See the man on the bed, fully covered but the woman? No way! Maybe our “foremothers” shouldn’t have fought for education for us or equal right if we will still end up doing stuff like this as a woman does not need any form of education to have, promote or show her sexual characteristics. Nansense! Lets staaaaaaaapit! I dey vex this morning because I am tired of seeing sexual promotion.

• AMA January 23, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Take a seat and relax…sex is an important part of marriage and theres nothing wrong with coming up with ideas to spice your marriage sex life…sexuality is part of our nature and our forefathers did not have bellanaija,internet, etc that is why you think things have changed…This is a very nice idea and as clearly stated it is for married couples…you might not buy into it, not some people would..theres really is nothing wrong with it

• nmaaa January 25, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Can I ask why the middle Eastern women are still the sexiest women in the world because the live everything to the imagination. Sex i an important part of marriage I am of the opinion that sex should me kept to the imagination I see how we gush at Northern wedding on BN how lovely the look I am really tired of Women being objectified

• Lady Jaye January 23, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I love this comment, especially the bit about the subtle sexual objectification of the woman.

• Monica January 23, 2013 at 3:36 pm

this chick needs to get some action so that her body can calm down….

• nuella January 23, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I love u Cindylee…… concept for who,by whom and with whom…..abegi jare,sex is important yes but its just a piece of the puzzle,there are other pieces as well !

• Mz Socially Awkward.... January 24, 2013 at 12:02 am

My friend, please go and study your history very well. The same forefathers that stood in the village market squares to eagerly watch the bashful young women being paraded barechested around the community because they had begun menstruating and were now considered “of age”? Those forefathers could have written tomes about sex and objectifying the female body so biko, stop talking like we all just woke up to a world of men lusting after females. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• oma January 23, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Omg please calm down!

• iamfascinating January 23, 2013 at 1:08 pm

nice,

thestunninglady.blogspot.com

• TruthTeller January 23, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I agree with you on this one Cindylee.

• northernbelle January 23, 2013 at 10:01 pm

marriage is not all about sex- there needs to be a balance. i do understand Cindylee’s point of view and she doesnt need ‘some action to calm her down’. my major concern with this concept (which was the 1st thing that crossed my mind) is what happens when these kind of pictures fall into ‘wrong hands’? you dont have to be famous to suffer the backlash of having your private pictures showing up in the wrong places or with the wrong people. Please, let us consider every new concept/fad well before we jump in with two feet… may God give us wisdom.

• dontmention January 23, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I love u cindylee……well said…..I don tire de matter, ei pass me how for tokam but u said it well jooor……in ur words…nansense n staaaaapit……love it
    Vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• Chinazar January 23, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Mscheeeeeeeeew

• lovelyn January 24, 2013 at 10:50 am

Abeg must we buy all foreign ideas? D man is fully dressed the woman is busy exposing! D equation no balance! Abegi me I knw dey do…SMH

• jullieth January 24, 2013 at 1:45 pm

i hv nothing to say

• ktemi January 24, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I think it depends on the couple….
    of course, the emphasis is on TASTEFUL boudoir as I think many people will not get it right and will look just downright tacky
    & then there is the question of who is taking the pictures? Your professional wedding photographer? If I had a female friend who was good & I could trust, then I could do some for my hubby n give it to him on the wedding night/honeymoon or even for anniversary

In the end, it is not a necessity, just an idea

• Tiey Rex January 25, 2013 at 8:40 am

Hmmm when MOST (i did not say all before una jump on my throat) of the brides-to-be are sleeping with their husbands to be what is the point of the “suggestive” pictures? I beg park well joor!

• Asaa January 25, 2013 at 12:03 pm

lol! You are soooooo right! But it doesn’t mean your husband won’t want you after watching the pics! There is sth about the wedding night even if you’ve been sleeping together for ages! kapish?

• ggg January 25, 2013 at 4:15 pm

God forbid O! What if tomorrow your husband stops being your husband and decides to use these photos against you, or as another person said it falls into the wrong hands? If the guy is that interested he should do the Boudoir or whatever.

• Woman January 27, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I believe a woman’s body is part of her treasure and like all treasures a man should search to find it. Gone are the days of our “forefathers” they didn’t know better concerning certain things, therefore the fact that women used to be barechested is irrelevant, unless we want to retrogress. Its cool to do something sexy for ur hubby but with social media these days one cannot be too careful.

• Bidi bang January 27, 2013 at 9:26 pm

First of all sex is not everything….men will always be hunters but as for me I will not wear this rubbish for wat now? And I have a banging body…..I am tired of women that think sex is everything wait till life grabs a squeeze on you….you will definitely mature. Life will happen to everyone so AMA until then come talk to me about spicing up ur marriage.

• Bidi bang January 27, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Ps. Don’t go and ask God for the grace to be in a long lasting marriage

• palomadave February 8, 2013 at 5:32 pm

LOL…all dis comment jt makes me LOL!!! anyway guys visit my blog
    youngsinglesmingles.blogspot.com