Posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2013 at 4:11 PM

By Damilare Aiki

Toke Makinwa - 5 Ways to Hook a Guy - January 2013 - BellaNaija

If you are single lady and you are looking for the right man, this one is for you.

It’s already the season of love and media personality turned relationship guru,  Toke Makinwa shares 5 ways all the single ladies can hook single men just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Here are Toke’s 5 tips:

• Make an effort
  • Don’t go out in groups (Guys get nervous when they have to meet you with 5, 6 girlfriends)
  • Befriend single guys
  • Change it up (Make friends with someone who is the exact opposite of who you are)
  • Putting 1, 2, 3 and 4 into action

Check it out!

Also watch her interview with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu on Rubbin’ Minds. Toke Makinwa speaks on controversies about her age, her accent, skin lightening and her relationship status.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

• Custom Search
  • 120 Comments on “For all the Single Ladies! Media Personality Toke Makinwa shares “5 Ways to Hook a Guy” | Watch Her Interview on Rubbin’ Minds”

Comments
    • Linda January 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM

So how many guys has she hooked?

• Joan January 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM

She said in the interview that she is “dating an amazing guy…”. :)

• awsomeo January 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM

This picture of Toke is so awkward. I mean its cute but its just akward as heck. It looks annoying. Wot kinda weird neck head pose is that

• Jia January 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM

This British woman should always wear her short. This is the best hairstyle I have seen on her.
        “Self thought” ?

• Sbaby January 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Excuse me British whattttt? Abegiiiiiiii shes Nigerian in every way

• Que February 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I thought i was d only person that heard the ‘thought’…..Oleku ooo!

• Mam January 31, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Hahahaha… U’re right!!!

• Anon February 1, 2013 at 1:22 AM

You obviously don’t get sarcasm.

• Joan January 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Not bad…

• PLUSH & LUSH January 31, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Chineke! This chick no dey tire? Who made her a relationship expert anyway? She’s doing the thing like she has a PhD in it, and really believes the crap she dishes out. Nne biko rest small

• Benson January 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM

hahahaha,hey God

• Madam the Madam January 31, 2013 at 4:55 PM

LMAO, I love how Ebuka put her on the spot.
      “I talk like an educated person”…to this I say, chick please. Not with that extra contrived accent, you don’t. There are a lot of very educated Nigerians who speak with Nigerian accents, so to state that you talk like an educated person comes off as insulting.

Re: Bleaching. From Sokoto to Jogodo, everybody has confirmed that Toke bleached. It is what it is, she should have kuku answered the question and put everyone to rest.

All in all, I like how Ebuka put her on the spot. A lot of people on Twitter were up in arms and foaming at the mouth because of his questions. I don’t see anything wrong with it, and to Toke’s credit, she remained quite composed so kudos to you on that (I know you are reading these comments, despite claiming to not read blogs).

• PLUSH & LUSH January 31, 2013 at 4:55 PM

By the way BN, who says Valentine must be spent with a guy? What about rounding up all ur girlfriends and having a blast over drinks, shopping and even exchanging gifts to appreciate ur friendship? Let the valentine pressure and all the unnecessary drama that usually ensues before, during and after it take a back burner for a change. Love urself a little instead of waiting for another woman’s husband to bring u wahala

• Bleed blue January 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Oh puh-lease! Leave Valentine’s day alone to be what it is. I don’t hear anyone bleeding about Children’s day, Father’s day, Mother’s day etc. We celebrate the people involved and take them out/give them gifts and everybody is happy.
        Any “pressure” you feel about Val’s day is self-inflicted. Afterall February 15th is just a few hours away so calm down and be happy jor!

• Sodopeinit January 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM

It’s only your second message about valentine dat made sense, I fear women like u. I can bet £500 you and this toke girl r friends. Y d spiteful comment?!!!

• Sodopeinit January 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

She’s seems cool. Very eloquent actually.

• Posh January 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM

This interview was a bit harsh though…Toke handled it like a big girl..thumbs up

• asgrl January 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM

BN I think you should just make Toke Makinwa a regularly featured columnist at this rate.

• asgrl January 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Okay so I Just watched the interview with Ebuka and here are my thoughts. I thought she handled herself well for someone who was put on the spot. However I feel she continues to fan the flames of controversy by being totally evasive in her answers.

As for Ebuka,is he for real with this show format?

• zinny! January 31, 2013 at 5:45 PM

she actually speaks well. dont know why once u speak well, Nigerians hate u! happend 2me wen i went home(nigeria)..Most of the gurls i met thru frends were all hating for no reason, well(in my mind) all 4me 2find out der was a reason. dey felt intimidated as d way i spoke was just a little diffrent frm d regular nigerian gurl. little accent fallin out here and der, even wen i tried 2speak pidgin, it just wudnt sound as gud..so dey felt “whats wrong wit dis one”. 98% of Nigerians are haters! its sad.

• Nice Anon January 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Mama! As the posh, prim and proper girl that you are right? I’m so getting you.

• Frendz January 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Hating wont help. get som gud air 2breathe. . as shez speakin d truth. Bitter Soul!

• Madam the Madam January 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Cool story sis.

• Sodopeinit January 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM

My dear ure so right, I don’t form to be a posh person but I did school in England n have lots of white friends, it’s a no brainer dat after a while, one tends to pick up the British accents whether u want to or not!!! Nigerians It seems find dat intimidating!!! Oh well, I won’t conform to anyone’s ideology of aw i ought to soeak or sound. The hate is crazy

• Sonia February 1, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Wow @zinny & @sodopeinit , I can see why you guys think Toke speaks well and that you guys are being ‘hated’. There are MANY people in Nigeria with foreign accents that aren’t ‘hated’ on. Why? Because it doesn’t sound contrived like Toke’s or say, maybe, the way both of you may sound.

That being said, both you need to work on your grammar and spelling because it’s crazy to claim to speak well when you really don’t ‘speak well’. Maybe all of you bothering about other accents should work on your grammar and spelling. That is real education.

• Chi January 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Her points were ok. But I object to the ‘look for the investment bankers….oil workers’, it ruined the whole point to be honest.

• anonymous January 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM

soo many haters! ride on toke!! keep it up with the vlog. love you.

• ADANNE January 31, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Her tips are like that of a teenage girl. E no carry weight.

• vhee January 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM

this her tips are not new na…have read all these on google..hiss

• R January 31, 2013 at 6:29 PM

No need to apologize for wearing make-up.

• cynthia January 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM

So in 1999, she was working in Cool FM at the age of 14… mmmh

• Tolu January 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Ouch. She was in between secondary school and university – so lets calculate. 14…..mmmmmmh, that I doubt. A 14year old in Nigeria will sneak out of the house and go record a show at the Cool FM studios, without her parents knowing, and the studio (which was brought into Nigeria from America) without any parent tagging along. Even if you forge your parents signature and sign the consent forms, you mean, Cool FM will let you come in unsupervised, even if it is a youth show. Toke, Toke, Toke, Tokeke. Ma Paro.

• Alero February 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Hey u guys should take the chill pill. Ok? Toke marked her 28th birthday in 2012.(@ least it was featured on BN) Therefore, until we get to the month she marked her last birthday, she remains 28th. Or isn’t that how we all calculate our birthdays?? Ok, that said, it implies that she was born in 1984. In 1999, she was 15. Who says one cannot be through with high school @ 15??

So my dears, Toke MIGHT just be right. Besides not everyone lies about their ages. Articulate??

• Funmi February 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Ok fine, she finished school at 15. She mentioned her mum never knew until she heard her voice on radio. Come on, a 14 or 15year old, will sneak out of the house, go record a show for what seemed like a while, and no one knew at home. She should go and sit down abeg. When you start to lie for so long, after a while you start to believe the lie. Its other people who don’t live the lie, that poke holes in your story. I finished school at 14 too, and I was working in my uncle’s company. My mum used to drop me there in the morning, and she picked me up in the evenings. I was too young to start Uni in their opinion, so I spent 2 years working, for my uncle, to my mum and my dad. On occassions, I didnt get a ride to work, I went by public transport, but at least they knew where I was, and where I was going. To tell me, at that age, especially how protective Nigerian parents are over their children, especially daughters, she was free to roam about VI. Cool FM too, an American company would have allowed her free reign, without parental consent. Get real, please.

• shells February 5, 2013 at 1:32 AM

VERY TRUE,,I GOT IN AT 10 AND FINISHED AT 16…HAVE A FRIEND THAT FINISHED AT 14 TOO…NOT IMPOSSIBLE

• R January 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I didn’t get the part of making friends with someone that’s the exact opposite for you. Making friends with someone based on their looks (fine/ugly, skinny/plump) kinda sounds shallow? Friend “for show” is risky business

• Purpleicious Babe January 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Tell me abourit… in fact the whole thing was pretty shallow and plain senseless. Hook a guy? lol… half of the guys, in fact make it most of the guys who dont have a clue about themselves and their lives? Is that the next serious step? Really, there a tons of initiatives and projects that are far more sustainable. Anyhoo, am sure she was having a laugh, I just hope people will not take it seriously and start administering the epic fail advice in the video..

Regardless.. Happy Smiles.

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk/

• nehita February 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

u’ve changed ur profile pic.. nice!!

• Ngozi February 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM

its funny but it kinda works out in a weird way….My friends and I have totally different body types/sense of style…so there’s never any guy drama, Not like we went out of our ways to find each other o!! anyways sha most guys that like me don’t care for girls that look like any of the other 3 girls in my circle of friends. Same way any guy I see checking my friend that looks like Iman out sure aint into chicks like me ” chubby Rita Dominic”!!lol. we are all fine but everybody own different jare so it kinda clears the air/competition when we all are hanging out…. in a very shallow way though, lol.

• Nkan be January 31, 2013 at 6:38 PM

She’s just a pretender joor

• Ona January 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I agree with Ebuka; Toke seem to enjoy the controversy a whole lot. She basks in it.

• Nma January 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Kai. Ebuka went hard! shet! She handled it with grace though.

• anonymous January 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM

well, u gotta love her drive….keep it up.

• Iyke January 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM

@Sodopeinit lol.
      You schooled in England and picked up British accent. Fair play to you. I wonder why all the white mates of yours didn’t even pick one single Yoruba accent of yours.Take it or leave, much as I agree that overtime, as a kid, you are likely to pick up accents from the population of where you socialize, a lot of you ladies suffer from inferiority complex….Your mannerism abroad,even where you work, shop et al, it’s always so obvious that you feel intimidated by these oyibos. As soon as you land naija, you begin to oppress the ones that have never traveled, with all the stupid accents..lol.
      Nigerian ladies???? Hmmm, you can forrrmmmm.Make I hear word.
      Except you were born and raised abroad, forget it.You spent 1 year studying for a masters degree and voilaaa, you’ve lost an accent that you acquired from birth….story.

• What! January 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Wow, you hit the nail right on the head gbai!

• nkem January 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Excuse you???? Did you just ask why her yoruba friends did not pick up her accent? like seriously? you fo real man??????

• Simya February 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Nkem, no that was not what was asked

• Simya February 1, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I completely agree with you. I have been in the UK for 10 years and there is not a dent in my Nigerian accent. The whole accent thing is a major inferiority complex and the idea is just shallow. Have you heard a french, greek, spanish or even an american person speak english before, do they speak it with a british accent? *sigh* only Nigerians

• specs February 1, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Have you worked with expatriates that have been in Nigeria for over 5years??….I worked with a couple of french&American guys in the oil and Gas industry a while back and I kid you not, they have Nigerian accents mehn!! We don’t pick it up cos it just sounds regular to us….. I tell you I have friends that moved to the north growing up and now they speak english with the “hausa accents” also I saw an interview of Gerald Butler last week and he was like he knows he sounds Scottish to Americans but then back home they all think he’s picked up the american accent…need I continue to give examples??? people pick accents up and that’s that!!

• Funmi February 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

For the sake of argument, you are correct. They don’t all have their accents in tact. There’s a common thread here, those expatriates have lived in Nigeria for yeaaaaaaars. help us ask Madam Toke, how long she lived in London. Oya, please, help us ask her. My issue is not with her accent, my issue is with the NUMBER of accents she has. The accents are switching lanes, faster than an okada on Ikorodu road. That’s just fakeness. When something is fake, it is not sustainable. it doesn’t last.

• CHINNY February 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM

i like your comment Iyke, we too do for Naija here, no originality at all. same people will condemn women on Brazilian hairs for not being natural with thier own hair, but trying to pick accent you are not born with just because you spent few years abroad doesn’t make sense. be yourself people.

• Fyfi Salt February 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hahahahaha……I no fit laff…Nigerians with their expired phoney. If we had a school called copy copy University…Y’all would come out with a PHD in an over night over sabi Programme.. LOL

• Busola January 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Some very shallow advice here which I find quite irritating and somewhat disturbing. First of all, asking ladies to target the ‘not so good looking’ guys is you trying to stereotype good looking guys as unserious. That is untrue. Secondly, making friendships based on looks is very shallow and shady. Friendships are made based on mutual beliefs and values. If this is how you live your life, baby it’s pretty sad.

• Chima January 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Hmmmmm Toke so u where 14 yrs when u went to record for cool fm ‘ to thy self be truthful’ . 14 yrs hmmmmmm . Nne the truth shall set u free !

• oyibo January 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM

LOL!

• Lexi B January 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM

@Iyke, you are so right! as a White Woman in Nigeria I even get offended how everyone hero worships expats etc some of whom are virtually illiterate just simply because they r white n speak differently! We need to address this issue! Its hard to develop with a Colonial mindset! It annoys me how I can be boxed into a group of illiterate buffoons just because I am White!
      Colour/Shade of Colour/ etc is irrelevant! Toke has done well for herself and should be celebrated! For goodness sake why do we have to instinctively rip her apart?

• sassycassie January 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Isnt funny how americans/ british people who’ve lived a long time in naija still have their accents intact? They never pick up naija accents. Yet a two-week stay in america/ uk automatically transforms our people’s accents. Lol. I laugh in danish

• Fallacy of Hasty Generalizations February 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM

No they don’t all have their accents intact…you can’t hear the change cos you are Nigerian and are not self-aware…..most of them have to speak slower and Naija’ish to their gate-men/drivers/maids amongst others to be able to communicate effectively, over a while it starts to reflect/stick even when they are speaking to well educated Nigerians/ their country men. Picking up an accent doesn’t mean they have to speak English like they are speaking Yoruba/Ibo (is that the proper way of speaking English anyways??) Abegi!!

• sassycassie February 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM

”I cant hear the change because i’m not self aware?” Negress, pls take a seat.

• Funmi February 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

• Fallacy of Hasty Generalizations February 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM

@funmi, yea…Me am not siding with Toke Makinwa oh!! lol. I don’t get her accent(s) as well, My reply was more for the sake of argument like you stated….
          and as for you nastycassie…if you don’t get the meaning being “self aware” and took it as an insult hence the name calling, then you might just have to use that seat you so generously offered me. Also grab a good book and educate yourself while you are at it….#suegbenapako

• Ngozi January 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I think from now on, to please everybody maybe our celebrities (who some young people actually look up to) should speak only pidgin english. Maybe then, people will find something to hate on.

• Chinwe January 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Wait o, @Lexie B, who told u dat ure white? Abeg check urself again jor, ahn ahn, u jst turned white 4 this discussion on BN abi wat? As 4 this Toke’s matter ehn, I tire! I guess Ebuka came hard on her cos her fakeness is just growing 4rm strength 2 strength&my guy felt d need 2 curb it.

• faith January 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Who made her d love expert…mtscheeeww

• Odine February 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM

If you’ll listen and not hate, you’ll realize it’s just her opinion.

• Peperempe January 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM

“self-thought”? It’s “self-taught” Toke! You’re going through a Nigerian music “face” now apparently. Learn pronunciation first before all the tongue-twisting!

• Peperempe January 31, 2013 at 10:28 PM

According to Toke “we have a lot of people who are LEAVING outside the country”!

• Alero February 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Please the words ‘living’ and ‘leaving’ are pronounced just about the same way.They are known as HOMOGRAPHS. It is the context of use that enables u tell the difference.

• Peperempe February 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Madam there is no need to give me a lecture about HOMOGRAPHS.

Live: LIv
          Leave : LI:v

The pronunciations are different. The vowel sounds in “leave” is drawn out. Go and study your phonetics!

• Nomy February 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM

• tiredofnonsense February 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Story! No they are not…You obviously don’t know how to speak English. Pls go and sit your ITK self down..one is a short ‘e’ and the other is longer. Duh!

• Nomy February 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Actually Alero you described Homophones not Homographs! Different words with the same pronunciation are known as homophones. Now peperempe stop the mindless hating abeg, leaving and living are homophones, you can’t tell the difference in pronunciation biko!

• newbie February 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM

lol I heard that and smiled. As my naija people like to say, ‘abeg free her joor!’ I have learnt that a person is the sum total of their life experiences, and that to me means that nothing is constant. People change in a so many different ways over time and if the way we speak changes, there should be no raised eyebrows. She can mix accents if she likes, she’s not being fake, just reflecting her different life experiences. There are some Aussies and Kiwis in my office that speak a mixture of their English and British English – just because they’ve been here for a bit and pick up bits and pieces subconsciously. Plus, I don’t see why people should be made to feel guilty for trying to speak a language the way it is meant to be spoken, like the natives. Afterall as an ibo gehl, if I want to learn Yoruba I will strive to speak it as well as the Yorubas, not like my dad that speaks it with a typical Ibo accent. I may not get it all right but I will indeed try. Naija people sef. There are a lot of words that the typical Nigerian would pronounce plain wrong, yet we chalk it up tp ‘speaking normal naija English. If someone now travels to the UK or for argument’s sake the US and hears the people that own the language pronouncing the word as it is meant to be, is it not to quietly correct yourself and say it right next time?

Therefore for the lady above that says ‘Leaving’ and ‘Living’ are prononced the same, I say get it right, they are not! I don’t even know the linguistics term to distingush them, neither will the average native English speaker – just know that they are different pronunciations. It is not a crime to learn, learning is not all about book o!

• OlayemiAO January 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I actually LIKE her regardless of all the voicing out with the comments.
      She is being herself, bleaching or not
      fake accent or not
      Good For her

• lolo February 1, 2013 at 7:03 AM

i am confused, so u acknowledge the bleaching and contrived accent, YET she is being herself? so she is just being fake then, and fake is herself, therefore she is fake. And you like fake. which makes u fake. have a nice day

• OlayemiAO February 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM

No Darling I’m accepting her and her decisions for who she is. If it is her decision to be all of this things so be it,AND because I agree and accept her way does not mean its’s my way
          So don’t get it twisted

• chicandy January 31, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Nigerians are haters,believe it or not…so you’ve spend half of your life outside nigerian, of course you suppose to have some kind of an accent, its not like you want to speak like that.it just happens…just like some white folks in naija, trys to speak pigin and stuff..people live your own life and stop worrying about other..toke is doing her own thing, you guyz are here hationg..smh…naija first class haterz…

• Sbaby January 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM

But why this accent issue? tokes one is fake no doubt, she did not live in England, school or work to have interracted regularly with citizens so really shes forming it and the way she twists n widens her mouth just disfigures her sweet face
      I dont know where the accent is coming from lets even say she went to a private school where some teachers are british or Americans i will say ok oh but my girl went to secondary school in OYO and then Unilag so aunty drop am daalu! She dey jump from american english to British english to Ghanian kind of english shes not consistent

• m.h February 1, 2013 at 4:07 AM

God bless u..u don Yan finish

• Odine February 1, 2013 at 12:19 AM

You all can just be really sad and pathetic lot! You’ll all sit behind your dead beat computers and hate on anyone who dares to better themselves. You don’t like her but won’t stop flocking to watch and read about her, na wa for una! Abeg Toke, the sky’s your limit and your success story’s just begun, leave these bunch of sad people wishing they were and are living your life, unfortunately, wishes aren’t horses so their sorry beggars won’t be riding!

• intheoverseas February 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM

THIS has got to be one of the most embarrasing interviews I have ever watched. I am not the person interviewed and I just kept squirming at the awkwardness! I thought it was kind of confronting. But then isn’t there supposed to be some censorship on the types of questions interviewers can ask? I bet people would think twice before agreeing to come on Ebuka’s show lol

• tiredofnonsense February 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Speaking of embarrasing interviews, its apparent you havn’t watched Toke interview ppl. Esp. the Vic O interview. Please go and watch that and come back and talk. She deserves every question she got!

• EfKay February 1, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Mehn I just love Toke, especially because people hate on her. Leave the girl alone and live your own life. Haba! Toke darling, this is how you know you matter. Whatever you do they will dedicate their time to talk about it. People should be allowed to talk anyhow they want to as long as they are audible. Toke talk how you want o jare. I dey your back well well. All ye haters, remain there in obscurity. Odabo!

• WORD February 1, 2013 at 3:42 AM

THIS WAS ONE HECK OF AN INTERVIEW SO MANY BLUNT QUESTIONS..LOVE HER ANSWERS THOUGH

• Teetee February 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Please don’t be silly.its very possible for her to hv bin workin at 14.im 20 and hv been working since I was 15,my first job was at an advertising agency.you should realise that people are different ,just bcos u were doing something silly and unproductive at that age doesn’t mean everyone was like you.i loved the interview,although she might be a bit too much,she’s talented.lets learn to appreciate people

• Funmi February 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

-. I’m sure your parents knew you were working at 15. She mentioned her mum never knew until she heard her voice on radio. Come on, a 14 or 15year old, will sneak out of the house, go record a show for what seemed like a while, and no one knew at home. She should go and sit down abeg. When you start to lie for so long, after a while you start to believe the lie. Its other people who don’t live the lie, that poke holes in your story. I finished school at 14 too, and I was working in my uncle’s company. My mum used to drop me there in the morning, and she picked me up in the evenings. I was too young to start Uni in their opinion, so I spent 2 years working, for my uncle, to my mum and my dad. On occassions, I didnt get a ride to work, I went by public transport, but at least they knew where I was, and where I was going. To tell me, at that age, especially how protective Nigerian parents are over their children, especially daughters, she was free to roam about VI. Cool FM too, an American company would have allowed her free reign, without parental consent. Get real, please.

• Nice Anon February 1, 2013 at 6:12 AM

I’m not trying to debunk what she’s saying or anything but we single women shouldn’t really be focusing on how to nick a man. That’s getting yourself all worked up over something you have absolutely no control over. Be yourself and stay true to who you really are. Gain a strong sense of self and purpose. Perhaps then you can attract someone who’s really keen and willing to make an effort. Live your life and other things will be added in due time. That’s what I believe anyway.

• babe February 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Hilarious

• dami February 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM

i actually thought the interview was awkward and i simply felt sad for both Ebuka and Toke.Ebuka has still to get his footing with his job and for Toke….i guess she’s gone too deep in faking alot of things. she probably has good intentions but when u decide to be unreal in speech and character,people seldom take you serious.her character lacks depth. its understadle that you pick up accents, but to not be consistent with it is pretty embarrasing. speaking clearly, refined and polished with good pronunciation is quite different from faking accents.inspite of it all,she should continue doing what she loves, with time we will all grow used to her and simply accept her as she is cos thats what i have done. i honestly wish her luck and am happy for her cos she is hardworking and thats most important.

• Young_skades. February 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Gosh!!! This whole Responses seems To ♏e Hating, why ƌƦǝ some ppz so obsessive with someone else’s accent or what have Ɣοu. Toke’s ƌ big And ƌ great gurl. So, let’s stop hating And share some Mind of loving; no one is perfect tho! Cuz we’re all Human And we’re made. So, blemishes ƌƦǝ inevitable. My Advice is stop Hating, And Start Loving.#Oshamo!!! L♥√e Ɣοu so much Toke.

• Young_skades. February 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Gosh!!! This whole Responses To ♏e seems Much Hating, why ƌƦǝ some people so obsessive? Why have Ɣοu chose To be an angry Birds?Toke’s accent is superb And I L♥√e et all †̥
      he way, only if yu’ve been listening To her Show on Rhythm with Nnayan. Toke’s ƌ big And ƌ great gurl. So, let’s stop hating And share some Mind of loving; no one is perfect tho! Cuz we’re all Human And we’re made. So, blemishes ƌƦǝ inevitable. My Advice is stop Hating, And Start Loving.#Oshamo!!! L♥√e Ɣοu so much Toke. They’re angry bird obviously; Shine On girl.

• Young_skades. February 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Gosh!!! This whole Responses To ♏e seems Much Hating, why ƌƦǝ some people so obsessive? Why have Ɣοu chosen To be an angry Birds?Toke’s accent is superb And I L♥√e et all †̥
      he way, only if yu’ve been listening To her Show on Rhythm with Nnayan. Toke’s ƌ big And ƌ great gurl. So, let’s stop hating And share some Mind of loving; instead of wranggling your tongues, no one is perfect tho! Cuz we’re all Human And we’re made. So, blemishes ƌƦǝ inevitable. My Advice is stop Hating, And Start Loving.#Oshamo!!! L♥√e Ɣοu so much Toke. They’re angry bird obviously; Shine On girl.

• dIMZ February 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Sincerly, all i see here is bad blood and beef…… ya’ll bad belle have an option not to watch Toke’ s Vblog and skip to some other stories on BN…..Stand up, get Noticed, get Relevant and stop wallowing in HATE!!!!….Toke keep the good work jare…Even our Lord Jesus Christ was mocked by the pharises….

• Funmi February 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM

• Nino February 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I really couldn’t care less about Toke but I think she did well on the interview. Ebuka came at her with questions that shows he has already prejudged her(not cool) but she held her own. Kudos to her! The 5 tips were lighthearted and not to be taken as seriously as some people are doing. Geez!

• Lola February 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM

NA wa o!! I’ve never really listened to her speak before. (I’m an ‘old woman’ and i dont live in Lagos), but i actually like how she speaks! Make una chill for the girl abeg! Na beg i dey beg!

• Nok10 February 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM

The advice is crap but its entertaining all the same. Toke you’re growing on me o, lol! Guys I hear your point about switching accenst but it doesn’t look like Toke will stop regardless how much you critic her. So don’t take this vlog too serious, just think of it as entertainment. Love the comments though both good and bad – its all entertaining. Abeg let people voice their opinion, diverse opinion is the beauty of reading blog comments!

• Nok10 February 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM

*accents

• divea February 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I don’t have anything against toke but I have to say this How about on how to snag a girl…all we do is talk about how we (females) have to get men’s attention and keep them there. The more we talk about ways to hook or keep a man or be in a relationship, the more guys feel so high and mighty

• divea February 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM

*hook* a girl

• miss kay February 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM

My Ebukaaaa!!!!! Well done!!!!!!

• Larmmie February 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Lmao…BN Comments,forever making my day!can’t stop laughing

• Miss kristaal February 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Lol…the comments here are so funny… It is pretty obvious that her accent is fake..that been said she is not the only one that fakes it ..so people shld chill and free the girl.. After all girls that are not razz are faking razzness after watching jennifer.All in all people are living fake lives nw.

• Nkem February 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM

SORRY IF IS WERE AN ANIMAL SHE WUD B A RAT;HAHAHAHAHA

• awsomeo February 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM

OMWWW!!!!Ebuka ur sarcasm is rich “Toke do u think u are a role model” “Toke where is your accent from”…that was funny man. Ebuka simply asked the questions we have been wondering about. Toke Ebuka is not your friend oh. Please run away from him.No friend will disgrace you like that on national tv.It was funny though. The babe was bamboozled. She deserves it though especially after the foolery she did to VIC-O

• Stella Kashmioney February 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I got into uni at 15 so I believe Toke is really 28. She sounds quite normal to me. Dont understand the fake accent everyone is on about.

• lipsy February 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM

lmao!!!!!! Toke is so on point,luvin this

• Dee-USA February 3, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Did Ebuka really say, “Dammit” on air? Quite unprofessional for the set up. But even worse is the set. Why couldn’t Channels put some money into creating a proper set. Everything looks cheap, and even worse, the chairs look like they grabbed two employees cubicle chairs for this interview. No uniformity, and Ebuka’s is much higher than Toke’s, a no-no in face to face interviews. Maybe someone should hire me to be a media consultant cos there’s so much I’d change if I could.

• Maami February 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM

i came across this from Joselyn ( The ghanaian lady in Lynxx video) very cool, i think Toke should up her production up a bit…………..youtube.com/watch?v=tzMuR1bXgGY

• Fyfi Salt February 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Hahahahaha……I no fit laff…Nigerians with their expired phoney. If we had a school called copy copy University…Y’all would come out with a PHD in an overnight over sabi Programme.. LOL

• Yemz February 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I am currently in the uk and when I spoke to some people they were thrilled to hear my Nigerian accent. I’m really proud. Turns out they don ne’er stand our form form grammar!

• Nehita February 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Ebuka just put this girl on the hot seat yet she kept her composure. No offence but i wont like to be interviewed by someone like him. This interview just made me like Toke more.

• sista February 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM

she seems cool :) and ebuka needs to stop interrupting her. its annoying. as an interviewer let her talk out her point. ugh. nigerian interviewers. he sucks at his job.

• sista February 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM

why would you ask that kind of questions “which nigerian musician can’t you stand” ughh horrible questiooonnnnnnn!!!!!!!! please channels hire meee

• Pris February 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Who said the pressure to marry is only on women in Nigeria or Africa. Read the drastic measures women elsewhere have to take below

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-21192131

• nekiss February 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM

When are people going to get tired of accusing Toke of having an accent. Why cant we talk about the topic. It always happens and tomorrow, we will still rush to read about her. Jealousy will kill people. Celebrate someone who is working hard and you too will be celebrated. People pick up accents both Oyibos and all. An expatriate in my office who joined us just last year has already picked up Nigerian accents. I laugh sometimes when he pronounces some words like a Nigerian. Abeg make we free this girl jo.

• Iphie February 11, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Kai! people can so hate! I love this girls accent abeg. I dont see anything over the top here. Its just okay… Stop hating!!!!

• Anonymous February 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Most of you here are the reason for the poor quality decisions we see everyday in our world today. Someone gives her lighthearted opinion and suddenly people are wailing like it is an addendum to the 10 commandments. You guys need to chill abeg! Even from her expressions, you can see that she’s just having a laugh. All this haterade you people are pouring is quite unnecessary. There are more important issues in the world!

• KayKay February 12, 2013 at 11:47 PM

If she decides to fake fo-ne it is her freaking cup of tea! To each his own. Why are you so hot and bothered and thanks to Sbaby for giving us an insight into Toke’s biography. Please take time out of your empty schedule to fill us in on her genealogy and family tree as well.

• Mimi February 20, 2013 at 5:17 AM

“No one is going to toast you” LOL