Makosi for GeeBalo Makeup & Beads Wed Expo - March 2013 - BellaNaija003Makosi Musambasi, two-time Big Brother UK housemate, is the new face of Makeup and Beads by GeeBalo exclusively for the Wed Expo taking place from the 21st to the 24th of March 2013.

Currently shooting her Current Affairs/Lifestyle show, “Makosi Today“, the Zimbabwean reality star who gained popularity in Europe during her seasons of the reality show (in 2005 and also in the Ultimate Big Brother UK in 2010) shares  her top beauty picks and secrets with BN!

Lipgloss
I love the luscious feel of lip gloss. I find it very handy; I love the gloss it gives and the sexy appeal. I go for fruity flavours and the ones that moisturize because they maintain the quality of my lips, giving it that healthy and dazzling effect. Lip gloss leaves my lips fuller thereby drawing attention to my face.

Oil Mattifier
I like the effects of oil mattifiers, how it absorbs unnecessary shine on the face. It allows my makeup stay a little longer and adds to the perfect finish.

Shaped Brows
I love well-shaped brows. It’s amazing the instant polished look it gives! When the eye pencil is applied it gives such perfect definition that I love. I believe eyebrow shaping can do more to improve your appearance than anything else. It’s one of the best beauty secrets I have discovered. It is always worth the while.

My Cropped Hair
After years of weaves and lace-wigs that ate up my hair line, I felt it was a time for change! Also having relocated to scorching Africa, wearing Brazilian weaves here would be like wearing ugg boots in the summer! So I chopped off my hair, and I think it has been one of my best beauty decisions. I can concentrate on loving my natural hair and watch my hairline regain its confidence. It has been a liberating experience!

Check out Makosi’s photos for the Makeup and Beads by GeeBalo campaign

Makosi for GeeBalo Makeup & Beads Wed Expo - March 2013 - BellaNaija001Makosi for GeeBalo Makeup & Beads Wed Expo - March 2013 - BellaNaija007Makosi for GeeBalo Makeup & Beads Wed Expo - March 2013 - BellaNaija004

51 Comments on Makosi announced as the Face of Makeup and Beads by GeeBalo at the 2013 Wed Expo | View Exclusive Campaign Photos & Find Out Makosi’s Beauty Secrets
  • Aijay March 18, 2013 at 9:19 am

“I can concentrate on loving my natural hair and watch my hairline regain its confidence.” I really like that. God knows I need all the support in following this path. My hair needs a break. Really nice pictures too.

• Grace March 18, 2013 at 11:40 am

I just cut my short too very short because i need to regain my hair confidence. U can do it,just make up ur mind i go to the saloon. I did on saturday 16th March and sincerely its bn a good decision i made not minding what everyone is saying especially at my place of work today.:)

• Cynthia March 18, 2013 at 12:02 pm

My dear grace I support, I recently just cut my hair, cos I was so vexed at my hairline, been chopped off by weaves and braids, now I’m concentrating on my natural hair, I have bought good hair products I now wash my hair every week, I condition it and steam it also every week, and I must say its d best decision I have ever made, so kudos to u.

• Deedee March 18, 2013 at 9:27 am

Nyc pix

• miss sarcasm March 18, 2013 at 9:31 am

Amazballs

• sweetie March 18, 2013 at 9:46 am

Im inluv wif her hair colour and makeup. I so love Makosi…. her season of BigBrother UK is my best so far. So entertaining. Those coloured beads r everything!!!!!! MAKOSI is 2 GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

• Halima March 18, 2013 at 10:12 am

That first picture is so beautiful! Been staring at it for long! I’m gonna get this colour combination for my trad wedding. And thumbs up for the bold decision to go low with your hair. You still look very pretty.

• Trendysturvs March 18, 2013 at 10:18 am

Beautiful
    trendysturvs.blogspot.com

• Blossom March 18, 2013 at 10:29 am

Reminds me of Debbie Ogunjobi with that hair. Lovely.

• Ron March 18, 2013 at 10:36 am

Love love her eyes, her hair. Makosi is truly gorgeous #NoHomo of course.LOL

• Bella March 18, 2013 at 10:56 am

Big Ups to natural african ladies… :-) zim women are pretty sha! #nohomo nau.

• @ajiriavae March 18, 2013 at 10:59 am

The hair, the make up. Perfection.
    ajiristyle.blogspot.com/

• Loversonly March 18, 2013 at 11:50 am

“Having relocated to scorching Africa” ! Makosi don’t you mean” after been deported to nigeria by UK border force”????

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4117773/Big-Brother-news-Makosi-Musambasi-kicked-out-of-Britain-after-trying-to-use-relatives-passport.html

My dear, quit the lies already.

• Thatgidigirl March 18, 2013 at 12:15 pm

@loversonly, i can smell the hate all the way from here. why u have decided to miss the point of article and dwell on inconsequential gossip beats me. That’s why she”s making the news and u’re reading it. hissssss!

• Loversonly March 18, 2013 at 12:24 pm

You sure about that???? You tell a lie, you get caught out, “adjusts halo”.

• Opal March 18, 2013 at 3:42 pm

• Opal March 18, 2013 at 3:45 pm

She did not lie. Relocation simply means a move of location, whether voluntary or involuntary. Just noticed that you are quoting ‘The Sun’ as your source – they may well be right BUT I wouldn’t believe everything you read in The Sun of all newspapers!!

• Christie March 18, 2013 at 3:52 pm

LMAO @Loversonly you should have checked a dictionary for the meaning of the word ‘relocate’ before you came to chat nonsense on here. Relocate just means to move to another place, which she has done and so it is not a lie. Why should she mention she was deported? It’s not in any way relevant to the article!! mschewww

• Loversonly March 18, 2013 at 4:17 pm

If words or term means nothing she should have said it as it is, you say why should she mention it, I say why not????

• Opal March 18, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Exactly!!

• Christie March 18, 2013 at 6:15 pm

@Loversonly you are now saying “yes why not mention it” which is completely different to saying she lied when she didn’t, simply because you don’t know the meaning of the word ‘relocate’! Lying and withholding irrelevant information are worlds apart. Please go and buy yourself a dictionary jare.

• Sisi oge March 18, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Loversonly or whoever the – you are…we don’t care if she was deported the article here talks about her photos and job…..she is beautiful and her hair looks good…so go jump into the lake or better still go on TV and give a press conference so the whole world knows….amebo

• Purpleicious Babe March 18, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Allow her nah….. whichever way sha..

Awww nice to see her again.. Makosi, I remember her from BB UK..ahh she was jokes. loved her.

and oh u look fab in yoruba attire… loves the headgear on u. x

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk/

• Mariaah March 21, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Oh dear… Just when I thought ” I hope someone doesn’t mention that gist here”…. Babe you for just free her naa.. At least she’s making a name for herself at home, nt dwelling on the past..

• Gina March 18, 2013 at 11:52 am

I like the assesories

• prefer fashion to xes! March 18, 2013 at 12:27 pm

The first pix give me shock!

• Janet March 18, 2013 at 1:35 pm

yes yes me yes to that

• tee March 18, 2013 at 4:13 pm

“That’s why she”s making the news and u’re reading it” Spot on and well deserving of someone who chooses to dwell on just negatives @thatgidigirl thanks for standing up for another female, this unnecessary hating has to stop, and No, i do not even know who Makosi was before this post.

• Hereinlagos. March 18, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Makosi Abeg park well, stop using different names on bella naija to try and discredit the sun paper. Your stories are well documented online, coupled with the fact that you’re a serial liar. Fact! I cant really blame @loversonly for bringing it up. Biko don’t even get me started!

• Opal March 18, 2013 at 6:08 pm

LMAO I am not Makosi. It’s foolish to think that just because I have an opinion that is seemingly in favour of Makosi, that you automatically assume this. So typical and narrow minded. And note that I said about the Sun ‘they may well be right’. Anyone who believes everything they read from a gossip column is surely an idiot – and yes, the Sun is known for its page 3 and gossip and is hardly creditworthy. Furthermore, my main point was that Makosi did not lie. If you don’t mention something because it is not relevant to the cause, how is that lying? I don’t know anything about Makosi or if she’s a serial liar, but my point is that she had said ‘relocated’ which can in fact mean she was involuntarily moved.

• Joan March 18, 2013 at 6:15 pm

And your point is???? I can tell you that you are fighting a lone battle lovesong/hereinlagos. I am commenting because I LOVE these pictures and I think it’s so cool she cut her hair. I’m sure a lot of pwoplw feel the same way too. That’s what the issue is about not whether she was deported or promoted. Her life is hers; your bitterness takes nothing away from it. I assume you are one very angry resentful woman. Head to the gym or something, you just might feel better about yourself.

• Na wa March 18, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Wearing lace wig is like wearing ugg boots in summer in that naija heat…yes I concur 100%ly..love the hair!

• Mide March 18, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Bella…Is there any info on the person that made the beads?

• Mide March 18, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Bella…Is there any info on the person that made the beads?

• Inlovewithbellanaija March 18, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Interesting comments. We are all entitled to our opinion and have no right to criticise anyone that doesn’t agree with our point of view. I can’t really blame anyway who feel differently toward this makosi girl though, she too dey lie!!! She’s well known in my area in abj and trust me she no dey try at all.

• R March 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Beautiful

• Anon March 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Gee Balo has improved on her eyebrow techniques and pasty looking make up. Thank goodness. Well done.

• sos March 18, 2013 at 7:34 pm

People that are talking about her immigration status, have a very valid point. Some black Africans use Nigerian passports to commit atrocities abroad. With our porous borders, causing us numerous security issues especially up north. You get screaming headlines “Nigerians this” “Nigerians that” we get all the flak. When she had the issues she should have been sent back to her own country.

• TEEFOUR March 18, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I LOVE HER CUT AND THE FACE PAINTING………….LOVELY

• Nkechi March 19, 2013 at 10:05 am

I don’t have a problem with them coming to Nigeria and becoming overnight ‘celebs’. Will a Nigerian be able to do this in Zim? Southern Africa has been known for their xenophobia, particularly to Nigerians. We need to get our act together in this country.

• Ebun March 19, 2013 at 3:12 pm

aww! She looks so Gorg!

itsebunite.wordpress.com

• rodney March 19, 2013 at 7:12 pm

makosi musambasi is one bad ass bitch….she hot as hell

• Nk March 22, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Dont look for her in the past, she might not live there any more….. By the way, nice pix. He who is without a sin cast the first stone

• hair March 22, 2013 at 10:34 pm

No offense, but I never thought that pink eye shadow and lipstick would be looking so great and beautiful for darker persons.I just find it very pretty.

• amarachi March 26, 2013 at 10:39 am

luvly bring out d beauty in ur eyes

• naija the dumping ground March 28, 2013 at 4:50 pm

so she got deported to nigeria?????????????????? lmao !! our country is a big joke oo hahahah o di egwu!

• Betty April 3, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Good

• Princess MIMI April 4, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Makosi long time no see. After her antics in the BB house all those years ago. Na wa ooo. She looks good but she should have closed her mouth in some of the pics.