Idris Elba in Mandela Long Walk to Freedom - May 2013 - BellaNaija

“It is an ideal for which I am prepared to die”

Honestly, I can imagine how skeptical the world is about 40-year old movie star, Idris Elba playing the role of one of the most iconic figures in African history, Nelson Mandela; most especially now that Madiba‘s health is in a critical state.

We’ve had a first look at “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” {click here}, now here’s a teaser trailer.

Check on it!

10 Comments on You’ve Seen The Poster, Now Watch the Teaser for Idris Elba as Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”
  • Zero July 17, 2013 at 11:22 am

Haha..I kinda think he is the wrong person for the role though…Anyway, lets see how he pulls this off…hope it d film doesn’t end up looking fake cos of him..

• MelonX July 17, 2013 at 11:36 am

Why Idris, for heaven’s sake??? Why not some new African talent- this is THE landmark Mandela book…not sure I want to see this, but know I will probably watch it – argh!!!

• kemio July 17, 2013 at 11:46 am

nice, cant wait

• Lami July 17, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Patiently waiting. Let’s see how it goes
    iamfar.com

• Etiosa July 17, 2013 at 1:45 pm

@Zero & MelonX, pls give the guy a break, he is a grt actor. Idris Elba is a full African man, his father is from Sierra Leone and his mom is a Ghanaian. So, who can be more African than that??? No one can ever replace the character and love of Nelson Mandela. Movie like this help lazy pple like me, who have not read the book understand history better…Loooooooool. Can’t wait to watch the movie *wink*

• dezzy July 17, 2013 at 6:38 pm

My boothang Idris…..

• curiousshe July 17, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Can’t wait to see the movie. Idris Elba didn’t quite get the S.African accent though. I can tell that he put a lot of effort into it though. I’ll wait till I see the movie to make any more comments.

• ILoveGenevieve July 18, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Idris acting doesn’t sit well with me in general. Not going to believe he is Mandela for a moment in my life. However, I will be watching ….only to see how Mandela is portrayed in this film.

• Nollywood REinvented July 23, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Don’t know what Idris did to some people but I’m really excited. I think I teared once Knaan’s music started to play

• Nollywood REinvented July 23, 2013 at 11:42 pm

“I heard you have a lot of girlfriends…. I’M DIFFERENT”